Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,105 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) (44137 Views)

Zelensky Rejects U.S Evacuation Offer As Russian Assasins Parachute Into Kyiv / Ukrainians Prepare For Battle As Russian Military Surrounds Kyiv / 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
Russian and Ukrainian authorities have committed to setting up evacuation routes but efforts have repeatedly collapsed.

People help an elderly woman to walk in a street, in front of an apartment building hit by shelling in Mariupol, Ukraine. [Evgeniy Maloletka/AP Photo]

Civilians in the besieged port of Mariupol in southeastern Ukraine are anxiously waiting for news of evacuation efforts as they struggle to survive in a city where bodies have been left uncollected on the streets.

The dead body of a person lies covered in the street. [Evgeniy Maloletka/AP Photo]

Mariupol has been without water, heat, sanitary systems or phones for several days, one of the most desperate scenes of the nearly two-week-old Russian war in Ukraine.

An estimated 200,000 people – nearly half the population of about 430,000 – hope to flee the city.

People walk next to an apartment building hit by shelling. [Evgeniy Maloletka/AP Photo]

There have been repeated attempts to establish a humanitarian corridor to ease the suffering, only for ceasefire agreements to collapse under renewed shelling.

With water supplies cut, people have been collecting water from streams or melting snow.

A man lights a fire under a kettle in the yard of a house hit by shelling. [Evgeniy Maloletka/AP Photo]

Power cuts mean that many residents have lost internet access and now rely on their car radios for information, picking up news from stations broadcast from areas controlled by Russian or Russian-backed separatist forces.

Theft of food, clothes and even furniture has become widespread.

A fire erupted after shelling in a neighbourhood in Mariupol. [Evgeniy Maloletka/AP Photo]

Russia is fighting hard for control of the port, which would ensure a land route to the Crimean Peninsula that it annexed in 2014

Source: Aljazeera News

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by MangekyoAlt: 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
I read a report two days ago narrating how Ukrainian troops were firing artilleries from residential areas. I was out then. I wanted to post it here on nairaland for fucktards to see. But somehow when I got home I didn't see the article again. Google must've screened it.
How will military personnel be shooting at enemy troops from residential areas and expect them not to return fire because they're in a residential area? I've seen videos of supposed Russian shelling of residential areas. It seems these Ukrainians are actually firing from civilian population with hope russia woodnt fire back. It's a pity but it's what losers do when they want to gather sympathizers from the world.
Zelensky remains the most clownish president the whole world has ever seen. The fool is in his bunker hoping throwing human shields at Russian advance would stop them. The fool doesn't realize he'll find himself exiled in some remote village in Africa in a months time, that is if putin doesn't get his bare hands on him before then. grin
Meanwhile, contrary to reports coming from western media's claiming zelensky is in the front lines, the clown is actually in some of his bunkers and only comes out once in a while to record himself saying he's in the streets or office and how he isn't afraid while constantly whinning about how the west aren't doing much to his expectation as if they even told him they would before he got on putins nerves grin it seems he actually believed NATO would stand to Russia.

While I pity Ukrainians, they should hold their pathetic president accountable for the deep shit they're in right now.

177 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Northernblood5(m): 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
Curse be on Russia and it's supporters

110 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by ken6488(m): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
Eya
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by ken6488(m): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
Northernblood5:
Curse be on Russia and it's supporters
calm down sir this war should have been prevented

What a pity the innocent suffer most

No one is innocent on that, most Arab countries are like this now

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
[img]https://i./3OJxY.gif[/img]

...the houses dey look some how inferior.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Righteousness2(m): 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Situation Critical, This is the Future the Bible Has Been Warning About!

What we are seeing playing out in the World is the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy!

You don't wanna be left behind to be a Part of what will hit the Earth!

JESUS Christ is Coming

Respect yourself and Be Ready!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by franchasng: 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
sad
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Agneschimz(m): 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Damn
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by akilo1: 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Russian forces are like Boko Haram..they are operating in the villages

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by chaseblack(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Only one person is at fault here, the invaders!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by WhizdomXX(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ukraine will return to the Motherland. NATO fanboys should go and read history. God I pray for all the Ukrainians in the midst of this senseless conflict. Keep them safe in Jesus Name. Amen.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by BESTScientist1: 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by tolumizzy(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Endtime
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by letitrainnow(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Let this war cease

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by BigDawsNet: 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Russia pls take break now

Like halftime

Let Ukrainian rest abeg

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by ifeoma2611(f): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
War can never be the solution
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
HMM
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by HappyGoodWealth(f): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
In The End it is the poor that will hurt the most,

angry

6 Likes

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by everythinggirly(f): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
They should take it easy.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
letitrainnow:
Let this war cease

What about the one in your home country?

2 Likes

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by OkCornel(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
Situation Critical, This is the Future the Bible Has Been Warning About!

What we are seeing playing out in the World is the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy!

You don't wanna be left behind to be a Part of what will hit the Earth!

JESUS Christ is Coming

Respect yourself and Be Ready!

2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;

1.Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters,
2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us
whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letterasserting that the day of the Lord has already come.
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for THAT DAY WILL NOT COME UNTIL the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up IN GOD’S TEMPLE, proclaiming himself to be God.

Bear in mind there will be a temple of God where this man of lawlessness will proclaim himself to be God. Please where is this temple today? It doesn’t exist. It’s yet to be constructed!

Apostle Paul mentioned we should not be alarmed or unsettled. No one should deceive anyone about the coming of the Lord. It cannot happen until the lawless one is revealed and the temple (which is yet to be constructed) is desecrated and the abomination that causes desolation is set up inside the temple.

Also, Jesus made it clear that those who use wars, earthquakes and disasters as sign of the end times are liars;

Read Matthew 24 v 4-8;
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.
5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.
6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Just imagine the false alarmists running amok on this platform busy claiming what Jesus said are “beginning of birth pains” to shout Jesus is coming soon. Stark displays of religiosity and thick ignorance.

Jesus clearly mentioned, these things are expected to happen AND YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALARMED. THAT IS NOT A SIGN OF THE END TO COME.

Study the scriptures and stop falling for these false alarmists. Haba!!!

See more here;
https://www.nairaland.com/7016514/why-second-coming-christ-not#110783108

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by inoki247: 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
ok
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by mycar: 10:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
I read a report two days ago narrating how Ukrainian troops were firing artilleries from residential areas. I was out then. I wanted to post it here on nairaland for fucktards to see. But somehow when I got home I didn't see the article again. Google must've screened it.
How will military personnel be shooting at enemy troops from residential areas and expect them not to return fire because they're in a residential area? I've seen videos of supposed Russian shelling of residential areas. It seems these Ukrainians are actually firing from civilian population with hope russia woodnt fire back. It's a pity but it's what losers do when they want to gather sympathizers from the world.
Zelensky remains the most clownish president the whole world has ever seen. The fool is in his bunker hoping throwing human shields at Russian advance would stop them. The fool doesn't realize he'll find himself exiled in some remote village in Africa in a months time, that is if putin doesn't get his bare hands on him before then. grin
Meanwhile, contrary to reports coming from western media's claiming zelensky is in the front lines, the clown is actually in some of his bunkers and only comes out once in a while to record himself saying he's in the streets or office and how he isn't afraid while constantly whinning about how the west aren't doing much to his expectation as if they even told him they would before he got on putins nerves grin it seems he actually believed NATO would stand to Russia.

While I pity Ukrainians, they should hold their pathetic president accountable for the deep shit they're in right now.
And what do you stand to gain by this, why not invade Ghana or Republic of benin to justify your claim?
Putin is nothing but a terrorist, ready to nuke the whole world just to prove a point

32 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professor Uju Anya And Piers Morgan Clash On Twitter / Thomas Thabane: Lesotho's 80-Year-Old PM To Step Down / Hissene Habre Sentenced To Life Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.