Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26184 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by dblock(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2007
F**k Sharia.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by grafikdon: 9:55am On Aug 04, 2007
The people of Southern Nigeria are very tolerant which unfortunately have been mistaken for cowardice. I am beginning to buy into the 'cowardice' concept when we fold our arms and allow some perverted semi brain dead zealots and hypocrites sneak in a stone age law into Lagos, the hub of Naija civilization. Is governor Fishola (however you spell the friggin name) a Muslim? Is that commissioner Abubakar of a man a Muslim? Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by dblock(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2007
Sharia Law, or similar laws cannot be allowed to surface in Southern Nigeria.

Southern Nigerians, have been quiet, because we have not really been threatened.

But If it does occur, that such Practices will be implemented, then There must be war.

F**k Sharia.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by akins4(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2007
no mind the guy. he just wanted to be heard.lol
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by McKren(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2007
Yes they are both Muslims

Southern Politicians especially Senators are all cowards, they dont want to put their political future on the line by saying anything that will not be accepted by some sections of the country, even though it is clear the position of the constitution on this matter.

I will like to see Patricia Etteh's reaction to this, if she does not do anything about this she should consider herself a failure to herself and women.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by akins4(m): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2007
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeh my people!!!!!!!!!!!! war don dey happen for lagos o. which one be aresting of guy whos on dreedlocks? haaaaa! im hearing this for the first time. they don comot for girls matter con dey arrest guys.

e be like say that governor wan die!! truly.che me i go come nigeria now one idiot police man go arrest me; SAY WEYTIN? WHO DIE?!!

give nigeria 5yrs now. we go turn to saudi arabia (2)
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by McKren(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2007
THE HOUSE OF REPS SPEAKER PATRICIA ETTEH SHOULD CONSIDER HERSELF A FAILURE TO HERSELF, HER MOTHERS, HER DAUGHTERS AND TO WOMEN IN GENERAL IF SHE DOES NOT BRING THE RELEVANT SECTIONS OF THE CONSTITUTION THAT MAKES THIS BABARISM ILLEGITIMATE TO THE FORE. SHE SHOULD NOT BOTHER ABOUT NORTHERN HOUSE OF REPS MEMBERS PLOTTING TO REMOVE HER IN FUTURE IF SHE DOES THIS AS HISTORY WILL REMEMBER HER AS A WOMAN WHO PUT THE COUNTRY AND FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS OF WOMEN FIRST BEFORE HER PERSONAL AMBITION.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Razorr(f): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2007
Let's call a spade a spade!!!

Nigerians are the most cowardly people on God's earth!!  We are too cowardly to stand up and fight against bad policies of govt.!! embarassed angry

We are frigging cowards- That's what we are. embarassed

Before Yar Adua was elected, I kept screaming that the guy is a sharia guy, but nobody wanted to listen. Nobody wanted to be bothered. Remember Amina Lawal? The woman he wanted to stone to death for adultery when he was governor of Katsina? We all like to stay in our comfort zones and live in the mess we call Nigeria. I agree with the guy that said Yar Adua is trying to test sharia law in Lagos and later extend it to the rest of the country. At the rate at which things are going, this would happen in the next one year. Who is going to stop him? Is it the judiciary? A judiciary that is controlled by the President? Or the senate, that only cares about Ghana-must-go?

I repeat - Who will stand up against government opression? Who will bell the f*ucking cat?

Let me guess - Nobody! angry

Nigerians are cowards!!! angry angry angry

Frigging Cowards!! embarassed angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by frankoko(m): 11:22am On Aug 04, 2007
i really appreciate wat fasola is doing, and anyone is against can go to , may hell or get out of lagos, i mean how can girls now start moving on the street without bra and pants for easy access or wat , i mean its trash even if anyone says they r old enough to do wat they want to they shud do it with all decency ,

Fashola good jobits worth it sanitize the state
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Phlota(f): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2007
As much as i feel dressing almost nude is insanity, the govt still doesnt av a right 2 arrest its citizens. I just hope it is not in a bid 2 brng sharia to Lag. It is ridiculous, but we shld all join hands 2 bring sanity nd a conducive environment 2 Lagos State.Maybe wen ladies start dressing well, other 'relevant' nd disturbing issue wil be addressed
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by dblock(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2007
We need to review our policies and compare them with those of developed and emerging economies.

How can we be implementing Policies that are not habitual of countries that are atop today, with the exception of China.

Are the Women of Saudi Arabia Happy.

@ Frankoko, Nobody is saying that the Ladies are decent, or moral. but we have to review what we can limit or control.

I mean, Most people don't like the idea of Prostitutes running around, but it is all about the principle. If we limit Skanty clothes today, and certain Hairdos, then that paves the way for more rigid laws like those in Middle Eastern Countries.

One of the Pillars of Democracy is tolerance, and if we cannot tolerate certain trends, then in theory we will inevitably come up with Anti Liberal Ideologies. Our leaders will begin to stop women from driving etc.

In The Western world, people are arrested for Indecency. I mean you can't run around half naked in America and expect to be let alone.

But what is our Definition of Indecency? Is it showing a little Cleavage? Wearing Trousers? Mini Skirts.

We need to consider these things, before we turn Nigeria into a communist Society.

Sharia Law was never a way of life, it is a limitation of Life.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by doyin13(m): 11:44am On Aug 04, 2007
What gives these people the right to tell us what we can or cannot wear.

They are the primary cause of the moral decadence of the country in the first place with their incessant thievery and fornicating eyes.

They should remove the speck from their own eyes first before lecturing us on the errors of our ways.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by bigrovar(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2007
Many of us are missing the point, yes wearing of skimpy dress by ladies or men doing braids
can be seen as immoral, but is every immoral act a crime? is it written in any law that it is a crime to wear skimpy dress? of for men to braid their hear? we say we are in a democratic dispensation .but isnt democracy about the rule of law?.the constitution of NIgeria gives us the right to freedom of expression.It also makes it unlawful to for a person to be charged for a crime that is not written down in any statute in Nigeria.they are certain extremes (as with everything in life) but u most agree with me that the word "skimpy" is very subjective and it is left to every person to define what he or she considers has skimpy and what is acceptable, e.g what is considered considered acceptable in a University environment might be extreme in a more conservative environment like say a Mosque/or some churches, and what a deeper life church member might see a skimpy is just ok in other Churches . so what then is the guide line for being skimpy.or do we live it to the individual orientation of are law enforcement agents?(who dont even have the power to make this arrest in the first place)
futher more why are people associating this recent clampdown with gov.Fasola, i cant remember him coming out officially to say that the wearing of skimpy dresses was illegal? ok lets assume that he is supporting the move from the underground, does that not indicate that he is aware that to do so in the open would mean openly violating the provisions of the very constitution that he has sworn to protect, some poeple consider smoking,drinking,premarrital sex, among others to be immoral but we must all agree that to make this a crime would be taking the law far too much into the private lifes of the invidividual members of the society.and violating our right to choose between what is right and what is wrong.cross the line of the notion of freedom of expression that is the very foundation of a free society, everyday police harass people for things as flimsy as not having a fire extinguisher in their cars with government looking the other way.now they want those same corrupt idiots to now be arresting for people "Not dressing properly" next it would be for not brushing their teeth,not having their bath,
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by TCUBE(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2007
what is the govt fighting , prostitution or nudity? am confused here! embarassed
\

you dont have to expose ur "assests'" to guyz to validate ur beauty. this madness isnt that worse in america, crazy dress get season, na for naija gurls go dey wear dinner cloths go school, geez, i laugh head tire during my last visit grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by iyken(m): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2007
Guys i think we're all echoing same sentiments.Its a case of seeing a cup half full or half empty.
In as much as westernisation has its merits,we should'nt lose sight of our heritage.
Doing so will be tantamount to being more Catholic than the pope.

The idea of re-awaking our dressing consciousness is a good one, to what extent it should be implemented remains another.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by doyin13(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2007
iyken:

Guys i think we're all echoing same sentiments.Its a case of seeing a cup half full or half empty.
In as much as westernisation has its merits,we should'nt lose sight of our heritage.

The idea of re-awaking our dressing consciousness is a good one, to what extent it should be implemented remains another.

I guess it is a case of worthy message but dirty, soiled.immoral and compromised messengers.

Or maybe not. They should just live and let live
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by bigrovar(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2007
iyken:

when it comes to things as flimsy as the way a person dress or speak or eat many people are quick to jump and say lets not lose are African heritage.Fine thats is good.but what we fail to see is that AFRICAN HERITAGE goes beyond cosmetics,fashion and cultural dance, its its more about being your brothers keeper.making our society a better place , moving the Africa of today to the yesterday Greatness of the Former Oyo,zulu,kush,Egyptian,Timbaktu,Buganda.and other Great Empires.and out of the laughing stock and impoverish condition that we many of our people have found themselves today.ever since i have been born what i have come to know Africa about is WAR,NEPOTISM,CORRUPTION,HATRED,AND GENERAL WICKEDNESS TO ONE ANOTHER, that attitude is what we must first change it most be the first priority of AFRICANS.cus real africa is in the inside of me , its not about what i wear but how i act towards my fellow brother. but how i make my own contribution towards making africa a better place, all our leaders always wear flowing african robes to UN meetings but did that change our condition.look at an average session of our house of assembly 90% of the members are dressed in Agbada, yet their are all crooks, for me being Africans is more of what is inside of u, chasing young girls with skimpy dress is tantamount to chasing shadows
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Zahymaka(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2007
It seems Lagos is heading back towards the days when you could be arrested simply for wearing all black or all red. I don't see anything wrong with people dressing how they please. If they're so fixated on traditional clothing, I think the women should go bare-breasted like in the days of yore.

Instead of cleaning up the armed robbers, or at the very least all the naked mad men and women wandering the streets (visually, they appear more 'immoral'), the focus seems to be on what people wear.

The governor's jobless, but I've got to give it to him -- he's got good diversionary tactics.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by sylvao2000(m): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2007
Nigeria please what do you think Gov is doing as for me this is not what should come on now this is when Fashola should do something with the money release for the state instead of wasting it on prostitute. there are alote of work to be done in Ajagule and Oshodi. let face the fact this is not what is next in Lagos alot to be done.

FASHOLA FASHOLA FASHOLA, how many time did l call you this is not what l voted you for ok huummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Iman3(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2007
What particular laws do the Police claim these women have breached?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2007
@the question is, what section of the 1999 constitution are they relying upon to carry out this illegality?. Fahola is a respected lawyer (SAN), he is in a better position to know the implication of what he is doing. In other climes, i believe there would have been violent revolts by now. Our "selected leaders" knowing that the people don't matter in how they get into offices simply love poking rubbish into our faces. May God help Nigerians! cry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Orikinla(m): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2007
I am 100% behind Governor Fashola.

I have been in Lagos since the day I was born and I have been very active socially with the poorest of the poor and with the richest of the rich. From # 28, Obalende Road, in Obalende, to Muliner Towers in Ikoyi, Lagos. From Shomolu to Victoria Island and to Ikeja G.R.A. From Omo Iya Alakara to the daughter of the Minster of Communications, I have dated all the datetables babes and ladies. So, I am going to say the truth.

Only girls who are hawkers dress like prostitutes.

Prostitutes and armed robbers are regular bed fellows.

They should be arrested and sent to rehab.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Higher(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2007
Orikinla:

I am 100% behind Governor Fashola.

I have been in Lagos since the day I was born and I have been very active socially with the poorest of the poor and with the richest of the rich. From # 28, Obalende Road, in Obalende, to Muliner Towers in Ikoyi, Lagos. From Shomolu to Victoria Island and to Ikeja G.R.A. From Omo Iya Alakara to the daughter of the Minster of Communications, I have dated all the datetables babes and ladies. So, I am going to say the truth.

Only girls who are hawkers dress like prostitutes.

Prostitutes and armed robbers are regular bed fellows.

They should be arrested and sent to rehab.

Yah, Orikinla I can see dt u are a typical Lagos boy anyway we a same therefore I strongly surpport u and in addition if 20% of dem a not prostitute den dey ve smethins in common for arresting dem togther.

@ Poster
there is dis sociologist saying which says "ur freedom stop at the nose of others" i.e. wen ur freedom begins to make others unconfortable den ur freedom should be teminated at dt point.
and if u will agree wit me dis rude dressin is really increasing d no of rapist in own society n dey ve been penalise 4 wat dey were lured into due to others careless dressing.
So pls Gov. Fashola countinue d good work.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by 2old4that(m): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2007
I another supporter of Fashola here.
This act is really terrible in Lagos to be frank.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2007
If Fashiola has no standard plan on how to uplift the people of Lagos State, he should resign or be impeached.

I'm not in support of this new police madness and I know Fashiola has something to do with it.

I appreciate women that wear what they feel is sexy. I've organised parties themed "bare as you dare" and I don't want korofo to come and disturb my groove this year.

The way women dress these days just goes to reflect the tilt in the ratio of men to women. They are just working in line with the vigorous competition for men that has become the reality on ground since the 1990s. Polygamy has reduced, the higher ratio of men to women has become more obvious and women are more desperate to advertise the goods in order to attract a mate.

It ain't like the old days.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kenflipper(m): 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2007
From my own point of view, its certainly wrong for the ladies to hold guys to ransom wit their mum's packages! University student or street girls either way u look at it! but we would first need to define a decency as it regards to fashion!!! because as one writer said prostitutes and gang robbers are brothers and sisters. However Fashola should have started wit the areas boys that makes the cost of transportation unbearable and also a menace to our society, maybe they are his machinery and he still needs them to return to power after the expiration of his first term. And worst off! arresting guys wit dread i think he is taking it a bit too far, may be he should only arrest guys wit dirty dread, yeah cos' some guys just spoil the fun when they wear dread they cant maintain, i mean, i had cool dread back in 2001 when i just came from Japan, but seen the area boys wearing it dirty wit out care turned me off cry, i had to take mine off. May be the cops should stop guys wit dread and smell it, if it stinks put them where they belong. But!, as you and i know Nigerian police takes advantage of every opportunity to corruption on the masses the only opportunity they cant take advantage of his when criminal gangs come calling. I sorry for Nija. We are neither here nor there.
The state governor should have been thinking of repairing our road and generating power for lagosian then if after these, the girls to not show appreciation by gettin themselves busy with a hardworking profession, they should be fined. I fear that these same girls are the onces who have spoilt the image of the country wit female prostitution abraod. If they are not allowed to do their business at home, they will go out to neigbouring countries to perfect their act.
Those of you who are angry wit the governor, i have one question for you all?, Do you know of any man who had his manhood stolen by a prostitute, well I do!!! many of these prostitutes are agents of the devil, i support the governor or CP but disapprove of the way they are going about it, officers on plain clothes should be sent to these girls on the street at Night with recorders to solicit sex wit these girls, if they succum to play the sex game, they should be arrested and the tapes should be used against them in court!! that way innocent girls will be spared.
And if you dislike the GOV. Please come out en mass and VOTE him OUT in 2011 we the YOUTHS hardly exercise our civic responsibilities as regards to GOV, we all GOT EXCUSES like '' DEM GO RIG AM'' ''NA TODAY'' We need to start from some where, i was never in support of FASHOLA as GOV.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ph4life(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2007
these so-called yeye leaders need to lead by example - if they are so concerned about the rest of us copying other cultures, then they need to stop diverting our monies to other countries for a starter, stop buying properties in other countries and making them rich, stop sending their kids to schools abroad, and a host of other things they and their families do that is in direct contrast to their so-called belief of how a true NIGERIAN should appear or act. Reminds me of the so-called SHARIA states in the north that are quick to cut off the hand of a petty thief but their GOVERNORS are systematically looting the state treasuries and having a blast commiting adultery. What a F***ing JOKE. Bunch of JOKERS for real!!!!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by bashmoore(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2007
[i][/i]This is so sad he should leave those girls to put on anything they want to,
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Vitastraka(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2007
NEVER, I repeat NEVER should a government get involved in regulating what people wear, what nonsense is this?

Are we in Afghanistan? Has Lagos imported talibanism?

For the government to waste hard earned resourses on someting as trivial as women's dressing is disgraceful!

People are getting waylaid everday on third mainland, and Police is busy chasing women's pants

'One Chance' criminals are attacking innocent people in Lagos, and Police is busy pursuing women's pants

Traffic in Lagos is a Nightmare, and Police is busy attacking women's pants

Lagos is in trouble, the people in charge do not know what they are doing,
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by pixie(f): 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2007
I read all the views expressed on this thread with amusement and i have the following questions

1. WHO TOLD THE FIRST POSTER THAT FASHOLA ORDERED THE ARRESTS?
2. DOES HE KNOW WE HAVE A NEW CP IN LAGOS?

Gov Fashola does not come across to me as a petty man and he has more pressing matters than running after ladies in skimpy wears and guys on dreads, also i know He ordered the clearing of the road side sellers for which KAI is responsible and the raiding of area boys(agberos), so maybe the guys arrested looked like agberos smiley and we don't need both in lagos.

@first poster
always get your facts rite b4 u post
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2007
the fashola guy should look for sharp ways to make lagos better,instead of being a clown.What's he thinking messing with people's freedom, i can und.d 1 one of rily indecent girls dressing a lil but that of guys making their hair or dreads nt being allowed is insane.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by software(m): 12:33am On Aug 05, 2007
It is wrong and at the same time Right, 

The church and the mosque can no longer control those ill-mannered dressings.
most parents also can't control their kids.

At the same time, The Govt has no right to do such. . Its a free world.  BUT like they say "A city where there is LAW, their can't be SIN" and if there would be, it would be in its minimal.

But lets get to ask ourselves, could it be that those ill-mannered dreesing are the cause of

1 unemployement
2 Lack of  Eletricity
3 Lack of WATER
4 Bad Network of Road
5 Poverty in its highest Level

Make The Gov Face hin duty and do what concerns him,  Am sure, some millions, would be allocated for that in his 2008 Budget.

Wonders shall never end in Naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike / Houseboy ‘Steals’ Ex- Minister Akinyemi’s N11m Watch / Reno Omokri Exposes APC For "Reaching Out" To Him - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.