Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

The Word Of God Is Light And Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Of God Is Light And Life (859 Views)

The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Word Of God Is Light And Life by yommyuk: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2011
Hebrews 4:12
For the Word of God is alive and powerful. It is shaper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.

The word of God is light; It overpowers darkness. The Word of God is life; it overcomes death.

When we begin to learn the Word, it starts dividing things for us; separating truth from lies. As a result, we begin to realise what is of the Spirit and what is of the Soul. Soon we know what actions are approved by God and what actions are not.

The Word exposes wrong motives, wrong thoughts and wrong words.

John 1:1,4-5
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God and the Word was God.
The Word gave life to everything that was created and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it.

The reason Satan hates and fears the Word of God so much is because it is light, and he can only exist in darkness. That is why it is crucial for a believer to allow the Word to dwell richly in them.

It is a spiritual weapon that confounds the enemy at all times.

God bless wink
Re: The Word Of God Is Light And Life by Sweetnecta: 2:18am On Jun 30, 2011
^^^^^^ and when i point out to you that your book of word of God contains opinion of man, you will get mad instead of proving me wrong.

yomi, seee bi o ye ko seee ni yen ni?
Re: The Word Of God Is Light And Life by yommyuk: 2:34am On Jun 30, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^ and when i point out to you that your book of word of God contains opinion of man, you will get mad instead of proving me wrong.

God's Word is prefect. It has the power to restore, make wise, and give joy.

Godly individuals love God's word. It sheds light on their paths and keeps them from sin.

God's Word accompllishes its purpose and remains relevant forever.

@sweetnecta

Do you believe in the above statements? if not, then surely don't blame me or others for getting MAD at u.

It is just a natural response to pure ignorance cool
Re: The Word Of God Is Light And Life by Sweetnecta: 5:39am On Jun 30, 2011
@yommyuk; « #2 on: Today at 02:34:50 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 02:18:22 AM

God's Word is prefect. It has the power to restore, make wise, and give joy.

Godly individuals love God's word. It sheds light on their paths and keeps them from sin.

God's Word accompllishes its purpose and remains relevant forever.

@sweetnecta

Do you believe in the above statements? if not, then surely don't blame me or others for getting MAD at u.

It is just a natural response to pure ignorance Cool[/Quote]i would say i believe the above statement. but the bibles do not fulfill any that you wrote, above. the bibles are never free from opinions of men and they are not relevant forever, because all christians have abandoned the old testament part, by and large, in one form or another.

you can't deny the truth, yomi.
Re: The Word Of God Is Light And Life by yommyuk: 5:51am On Jul 01, 2011
@sweetnecta

you can't deny the truth, yomi.

U 're right!

The truth is that so many christians including me do not follow the Word of God to the letter. We sometimes choose what suits us. But we thank God for his grace and mercy who accepts us the way we are. Unlike some of other faiths who are prepared to behead us for not accepting their faith.

That is also a truth I can't deny. U included sad

(1) (Reply)

The True Story - Rev Kukah / Prophecy- Okonjo Iweala Will Soon Be Crowned D World Bank President. / Download New Gospel Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.