Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! (4222 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / He Saw The Phone But Doesn't Want To Return It / Samsung Makes Its Prettiest Phone, But Does It Look Familiar?? (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by sagacious(f): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2007
Thank Good For Good And God Fearing Nigerian, Lost But Found

I entered a taxi from a bus stop down to the junction of my house. on getting home after 30min, i discovered my phone was missing , I called the number for more than 30min nobody picked it , then i called a friend to tell him my phone was missing , we were now trying the number together ,fortunately the driver picked it and said we should come and collect it back at the bus stop , he waited at the bus stop for us and told us a passenger saw the phone ringing and gave it to him .Thank God that we still have good people in this our land .
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Ndi(f): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2007
When i saw the title i actually thought that your bag was snatched with your phone inside and later the phone was returned to you! If that had happened i would have been shocked to the bones shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by donjazzie(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2007
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200708030435718

well would be glad if this continues.just saw something similar online.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by otokx(m): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2007
There are still many good people in Nigeria.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Sonye(f): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2007
Exactlt what i thought Ndi.

@ Poster
Please do not be comfortable with that o. That's like one of the 10% good noble Nigerian. when my friend forgot hers in a cab, the cab man pcked up the phone and told her to forget about the phone that it now belongs to him. And advised her to go and retrieve the line that he was about to throw it away
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by aluwe(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
@ poster

3310 with m-tel sim
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by kilma(f): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2007
@sonye

wow, that was harsh, that driver is a theif and very mean. angry send my condolences to your friend wink
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by 9ja4eva: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2007
@Topic

Hope we have more of that.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by desgiezd(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2007
There's still a lot of good people in the land.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Carlosein(m): 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2007
there is another good example of a very good nigerian, (the cab driver),and there are many like him)

my younger sis picked someone's phone once, after a while it rang and she picked it. the person calling was not the owner and asked to speak wt d owner but she explained that she found it and if he could get intouch wt the owner he could tell him/her to come for it.

later he called again wt the owner and she told them where to meet her and when they got there she returned the phone after the guy give a description of it nd some of the nos stored on it.

so u see there are still a lot of good naija pikins in the seemingly corrupt land of ours cool cool cool

@poster
thank your god it was he who found your fone and not some1 like aluwe grin grin cool
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by akins4(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2007
they returned it because its 3310 nokia.
lol
lol
even if im d one who stole it i will even buy a bigger phone for u. lol lol
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by chuckdee4(m): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2007
And who was the idiot that said all Nigerians are fraudulent sad

Nice going jare.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by akins4(m): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2007

and who was the idiot that said al lNigerians are fraudulent sad

Nice going jare

oh boy if to say them dey beat person for nairaland ehn, i for don beat plenty people for misyarn o. na this kin person dey print bad image for nigerians. u cant feel wat im saying whn u r in nigeria; until u try travel out. then u feel the pain we outside nigeria r passing through.
its not easy at all. please if anyone is found of saying stupid things about nigeria, pls u gat to stop it.

see me as your brother

thanx
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Gamine(f): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2007
i just left my phone at the Dome

but i got back and they had kept it for me
im so FRickn HAPPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

grin grin grin
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by aikmamah1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2007
chuckdee4:

and who was the idiot that said al lNigerians are fraudulent sad

Nice going jare

opra did
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68514.0.html
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Carlosein(m): 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2007
@akins4:

they returned it because its 33310 nokia.
lol
lol
even if im d one who stole it i will even buy a bigger phone for u. lol lol

i hope u re kidding man because this makes u a thief (ole)

common 3310 u can not spell or is there a model of nokia that is 33310?

nairalanders help me o! grin grin
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by texazzpete(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2007
aik.mamah:

opra did
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68514.0.html

No she didn't. The poster and all the legions of haters were unable to provide any concrete proof apart from that unsubstantiated article in the Punch, and links to random forums like this one, all in turn quoting the Punch article.
not exactly the most trustworthy of sources, is it?

nairaland unfortunately is riddled with idiots like you. the average Nairaland user is far more likely to research the sources of a post that says 'genevieve is dating Jim Iyke' than 'Oprah says all Nigerians are corrupt'.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by akins4(m): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2007

@akins4:

i hope u re kidding man because this makes u a thief (ole)

common 3310 u can not spell or is there a model of nokia that is 33310?

Nairaland users help me o! grin grin
your father is the thief and an armed robber. and governor fashola should do somethin to him.lol
i didnt spell it well cos of typing error.ok?lol
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Carlosein(m): 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2007
@akins4

my father?

that tells me the kind of thief that u are the kind dat doesn't respect parents and elders. shocked

well i forgive u sha! cool
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by akins4(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2007

@akins4

my father?

that tells me the kind of thief that u are the kind that doesn't respect parents and elders. shocked

well i forgive u sha! cool
sorry no vex!!!
but u too misyarn now.
how u go dey call person thief? u think say thief na good name to give person?
if i call u thief u go like am? jus because i mistype something; wey u suppose to correct me. and u knw say no body is perfect.
e no mean say u go give me name wey my parent no name me for picken.
i no like make people dey call me thief.
thanx
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Carlosein(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2007
i no vex my broda is just that i think we shuld try and encourage good and kindlyl behavour from naija pple. like returning lost and found properties so ouir country will lbe less viewed as corrupt.

okay sorry to call u thief too.

infact u be reall fiine man! grin grin grin cheesy
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Configur(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2007
I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned!
« on: Today at 04:09:44 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank Good For Good And God Fearing Nigerian, Lost But Found

I entered a taxi from a bus

congratulations.but i dont know where u live.i doubt its lagos because i dont tink its posible in lag.we wey dey Ib still get hope!! grin
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Configur(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2007
congratulations.but i dont know where u live.i doubt its lagos because i dont tink its posible in lag.we wey dey Ib still get hope!! grin
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by jayvin01: 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2007
ohhh what!, u no notice anythin from the guy?, ha you dull am, the thing we happen be say, the instrument we the guy the use gym before,the owner don collect am from him, and the guy the loose weight quick quick, so him just decide to use your phone to do some gym, because it is very heavy! grin grin grin

Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by monstah(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2007
Funny as it may seem,i lost my fone a couple of days ago. I searched for it for hours,calling and sendin' msgs.

but a nice chap around called to ask if i owned the phone?just imagine how glad i was? cheesy
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by drogba(m): 12:57am On Aug 04, 2007
I can imagine what would have happened if it was a Nokia N95
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by minto(m): 3:44am On Aug 04, 2007
@ akins4 & carlosein

I still marvel at the way Nairalanders spits on each other's faces in disagreement, and later come back to clean it up nicely with apology in agreement. I think that's one thing that makes Nairaland a place to be. Big up guys.

@ post

That tells you that Nigerans are not outrightly bad. At times I look stupid while defending  Nigeria and her citizens herejust because my people sometimes go to the extremebut I tell you, cases like this inspires me and makes me want to announce to the whole world that corruption, fraud, dishonesty etc. are afterall not the order of the day in my country.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by tianshie(m): 6:01am On Aug 04, 2007
@Poster
You're lucky it was not Alaba who found your phone.
I know 3 people who have lost their phones to Alaba omo olope.He chewed their sim cards and sold their phones grin
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by westsidema(f): 9:25am On Aug 04, 2007
unbelievable it could be returned. mine was lost and lost 4ever and eventhoug u try ur phone and tell the person to bring it back and to get paid, never in dis wack ass philippines ur fone cant never be brought back.

i heard if its in japan, when u 4got ur cellphone in the bus, when u come back u can see it and in china too and in singapore (kinda like dat)
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Elgaxton(m): 9:30am On Aug 04, 2007
@westsidema

Ur phone was stolen and not mssin so allow us hear word

@poster

OPRAH NO GO SEE THIS ONE O, NA ONLY TO SEE FRAUD NA HIM SHE SABI
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by akins4(m): 9:35am On Aug 04, 2007
no mind that BASTARD OPRAH. she don betray the love i have for her. now i hate her pass my cheat. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

make she dey use her mouth carry japing.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by westsidema(f): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2007
even though it was missing, atleast i know some1 must have seen and taken it, right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alcatel Onetouch 4010x Sim ME Code Lock / DATA Reselller Scam Alert. / Specs, Features, Review And Price Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.