Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia (11086 Views)

Keshi Resumes; Recalls Ikechukwu Uche For Remaining AFCON Qualifiers / Nigeria's Uche Given Green Light To Play Football Again: / Euro Clubs Want Nigeria's Uche - E Ghana News: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by ngodus: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
Nigerian women's coach Eucharia Uche has been criticised by FIFA after she branded homosexuality as 'dirty' and admitted she forced lesbians out of her team.Uche, whose side lost 1-0 to France in their opening game and now take on hosts Germany as they try to seal a quarter-final place, sparked controversy in a New York Times interview in which she claimed being gay was 'spiritually and morally very wrong'.

"Yes, the lesbians in our team were really a big problem," Uche, who took over as Nigeria's coach in 2009, said. ''But since I'm coach of the Super Falcons, that has been cleared up. There are no more lesbian players on my team. I cannot tolerate this dirty life."

http://kabibi.com/lates-news/sports/4308-fifa-slams-nigerias-uche-for-homophobia.html

1 Like

Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by victorazy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
Ye, just saw that on soccernet now.
I think she has the real African blood, i mean Nigeria "Mama Africa" she is like a mother to them.
These things are not in our blood nor culture but these ladies adopted this awful  character from movies especially indecent movies they watch on their mobile phones and laptops.
White people may not accept her, but i am proud of her.
Secondly
These ladies are fully energise both sexually
how will they coupe with the absence of men
Male players go to clubs to mingle with sexx worker and what happend to the female players?
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
It is illegal in her country and she has a right to say what she feels about that illegality, but FIFA is right that it might be useful if she expresses neutrality on such issues at a FIFA event.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by StudioCFR(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2011
whatever
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
angry angry
i dont knw why this people keep on abusing everyone who see this act as bad
i fucking hate the europeans, i just pray we as africans, dnt give in to homosexuality, this is one of our pride, we shouldnt let go

on the other hand, this is why europe, america n co, hated osama, ghadaffi
cuz they dnt agree with this acts sad sad sad sad
smh, i hope we dnt give in to homo sexuality finally
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Dgunnerz(m): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2011
Bleep FIFA
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by olapluto(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2011
They call black scientists 'monkey' and call black homos 'rainbows'. Speaks volumes. Mama abeg speak o. Freedom of speech is on your side. It is spiritually and morally wrong. Simple. We're not taking this from the oyinbos. Babatunde cannot marry Ebele, no way!
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by cescky(m): 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2011
thumbs up for the real woman!

two thumbs up for not being afraid to express her belief and not be cowed!!
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by success4(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
[size=48pt][s]FIFA SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!![/s][/size]
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by otokx(m): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
bleep FIFA - corrupt agberos
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Dolemite(f): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
victorazy:

Ye, just saw that on soccernet now.
I think she has the real African blood, i mean Nigeria "Mama Africa" she is like a mother to them.
These things are not in our blood nor culture but these girl adopted this awful  character from movies especially indecent movies they watch on their mobile phones and laptops.
White people may not accept her, but i am proud of her.
Secondly
These ladies are fully energise both sexually
how will they coupe with the absence of men
Male players go to clubs to mingle with sexx worker and what happend to the female players?
Ignorant talk, homosexuality has been in africa even before the whites stepped foot on the continent.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by markjac01: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2011
i think she shd b banned from d touchline so she can have excuses for her FAILURE!
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by gosj(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2011
Dtz true Mama Africa! angry angry angry angry
Let dem go 2 hell and burn 2 ashes coz homosexuals r worst dan animalz coz even animalz r wise enof nt 2 sleep wt fellow sexes.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by emmykpes(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
what ever they say thats her stand,believe,life & faith.Africans, yes we still hold the answer to all.They (FIFA OR EUROPEANS)will come back to their sense soon or later.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Dolemite(f): 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
gosj:

Dtz true Mama Africa! angry angry angry angry
Let dem go 2 hell and burn 2 ashes coz homosexuals r worst dan animalz coz even animalz r wise enof nt 2 sleep wt fellow sexes.
Do your research before you talk, dogs, monkeys, lions etc have been known to engage in a sexual act with members of their own sex.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
Dolemite:

Do your research before you talk, dogs, monkeys, lions etc have been known to engage in a intimate act with members of their own sex.
ur a fool angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by superior1: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2011
Yah, dey would have been a distraction, just like if a lady was playing in the male team. But what is FIFAs problem sef?
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by JeSoul(f): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2011
Fifa should sharrap jor and go and pick on human rights violators like North Korea and co.

However, the coach should be more[i] diplomatic[/i] in expressing her beliefs, especially considering you're competing at an international event on foreign soil.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Chukbeck(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2011
Since when has a simple expression of opinion turned offensive? As far as I am concerned, she is free to express herself.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by dave2(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
Dolemite:

Do your research before you talk, dogs, monkeys, lions etc have been known to engage in a intimate act with members of their own sex.

Prove this to us madam cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Same sex marriage should be condemned in its entirety
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
this is where i wish abacha is alive, he would have send plane with bombs to fifa office
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by amblors(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
seems Mr Research is correct: http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

I don't blame anyone for homophobia, afterall i grew up knowing only man & woman relations.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
amblors:

seems Mr Research is correct: http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

I don't blame anyone for homophobia, afterall i grew up knowing only man & woman relations.
so it should be adam and steve, not adamn and eve,
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2011
Sagamite:

It is illegal in her country and she has a right to say what she feels about that illegality, but FIFA is right that it might be useful if she expresses neutrality on such issues at a FIFA event.

correct. there is a time and place for everything. that wasn't the time or place to make such a statement.

Dolemite:

Ignorant talk, homosexuality has been in africa even before the whites stepped foot on the continent.

also correct.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by OAM4J: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2011
Sagamite:

+1
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Rgp92: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2011
Why do Africans hate gay people? They are human too.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by vwvw(m): 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
even though i do not agree with Homosexuality, it is incontrovertible that every adult should be
able to protect his liberties. People have to be careful in not being dragged into
homophobic hate speeches and comments.Look at what's happening in South Africa
and the horrible corrective rape saga in southern and eastern Africa.
I have known Nigerians to be hypocrites; look at Senator Ahmed Yerima,
a confirmed pedophile yet he sits in the
hallowed chambers of the senate pontificating on who becomes Minister or not.
We suffer from collective amnesia and sclerosis when we do not act
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by GoldCircle: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
I am with Eucharia Uche on this!
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by vwvw(m): 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
not mister moderator u insult and belittle my point when you
change the term "CORRECTIVE RAAAAAPE" to "CORRECTIVE VIOLATION"
What the hell is the matter with the moderating
system on this forum
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2011
vwvw:

not mister moderator u insult and belittle my point when you
change the term "CORRECTIVE RAAAAAPE" to "CORRECTIVE VIOLATION"
What the hell is the matter with the moderating
system on this forum
LWKMDFHO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by hlexzy: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is ridiculous i must be sincere. Fifa need to learn how to respect nations culture and prox-e-mics and stop encouraging homosexuality in a country like Nigeria, BEFORE BOKO-HARAM TAKE THIS PERSONAL, BLATTER IS A BASTARD, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Dede1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
The Europeans, USA and FIFA can go to hell with their homosexuality. I do not blame these fools but Africans who have bought detrimentally into the codes the Europeans put up for race. There is no such thing as racism. The earth has one race and it is human race. They have got most people to think about discrimination based on unfounded logic in order to impose their dirty life styles on other people of the earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup / Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week / The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.