Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,492 members, 7,770,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:23 AM

Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej (6535 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Where Is Ima Niboro? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by nduchucks: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
They say the best way to keep critics quiet is to give them jobs. If true, Abati's appointment will be a loss to the Nigerian public. Abati is fully qualified for the job, but I did not think he would accept a job which by nature would require him to bend the truth frequently.

On a lighter note, Ima Niboro (Beaf) has been MIA on NL for the past few weeks, we now know why.

The Chairman of the Editorial Board of The Guardian (Nigeria), Rueben Abati, has crossed the street, professionally, to become the voice of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr. Abati's position as Senior Special Adviser On Communication is expected to be announced early next week When Mr. Jonathan returns from Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, where he is attending a meeting of the African Union until the weekend.

When announced, Mr. Abati, who recently wrote a 10-part article on the Jonathan presidency, will replace Ima Niboro, the abrasive and often angry Special Adviser to Mr. Jonathan. Presidency sources told Saharareporters today that Mr. Niboro has yet to be informed of his exit. Only last week, the outgoing Senior Special Adviser was said to have been all over the presidential villa threatening to “re-organize” his office.

Mr. Abati is a long-running columnist with The Guardian, but his substantive job was to chair the Editorial Board and the editorial pages. In recent years, his star has dimmed professional on account of allegations of corruption, including his name being found on a list of senior Nigerian journalists who accepted big plots of lands in Abuja from the Yar'Adua government. Neither Mr. Abati nor The Guardian denied that allegation.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-presidency-juggling-reuben-abati-replace-ima-niboro
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

They say the best way to keep critics quiet is to give them jobs. If true, Abati's appointment will be a loss to the Nigerian public. Abati is fully qualified for the job, but I did not think he would accept a job which by nature would require him to bend the truth frequently.

On a lighter note, Ima Niboro (Beaf) has been MIA on NL for the past few weeks, we now know why.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
;Dnairalanaders no go kill person o grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by OAM4J: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2011
Whao!, I hope this is not true.

There are times when a good name is better than silver and gold. I will hate to see Abati messed up his name/reputation like Segun with public positions.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by blacksta(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
The same was said of Segun Adeniyi - before our eyes he took the hatchet job -    Who would want to miss the opportunity to dine with devils - Those who control Nigeria
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
Omaj, a poor man must ve come up with that quote. In Nigeria silver n gold(lots) of it buys u a good name. Some days ago nnladers were all hailing Emeka Offor, na wa oh. Silver and Gold is better than a good name jare, if u doubt me ask your Oga Seun, d 5m he got from selling Nairaland to d highest bidder during d recentlty concluded election is sure better than any yeye good name
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by enyojo(f): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2011
debrief08:

Omaj, a poor man must ve come up with that quote. In Nigeria silver n gold(lots) of it buys u a good name. Some days ago nnladers were all hailing Emeka Offor, na wa oh. Silver and Gold is better than a good name jare, if u doubt me ask your Oga Seun, d [size=15pt]5m[/size] he got from selling Nairaland to d highest bidder during d recentlty concluded election is sure better than any yeye good name

Is Nairaland that cheap? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2011
With all Abatis butt kissing of Jonathan during n before d election, am suprised he is not information minister. Now what happens to Gbenga Arulegba of AIT, Jonas official media campaign officer. Can't believe Gbenga lost out, Jona settle Gbenga oh. Media no get money oh, help d boyz
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2011
Enojoyo, bidding started at 2m
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
I'm not surprised, actually. Abati has toned down in his sharp pen since at least 2 years ago.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
Reuben Abati got wiser and quieter some years back.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by seanet03: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2011
Even jarus can join evil forces if the pay is right
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by violent(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2011

grin grin

chei una wan kill person with lafta o
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Odunnu: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
Beaf is Niboro? You guys are joking!
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by GoldCircle: 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2011
I understand that in Africa, it's bad manners to 'talk while you are eating'!!! grin grin

Good stratagem!
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by seanet03: 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
GoldCircle:

I understand that in Africa, it's bad manners to 'talk while you are eating'!!! grin grin

Good stratagem!

Gold Circle Condom!!!
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by joecrack(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is going to be interesting,Abati seems to me quite a decent and pious personality,lets see how he manages and handles this.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2011
Abati decent hehehehe, Nigerians re so guilable. If you people know half of what goes on. Abati Abati, chop remain oh. Between him and Gbenga Arulegba I am trying to give d best arse kisser award. No be to shout for morning go settle for evening. Monday to friday dey are blasting politicians saturday and sunday they are giving the same politicians awards. Who dey decieve who? Nigerians Nigerians, una mumu go last
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by semidaraeb(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
Lol Ima Niboro Beaf , Abati good choice but hmmmm at a very high price
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Pukkah: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
Activism is dying (or dead?) In Nigeria.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Ibime(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2011
Which good name does Rueben Abati have? Nonsense!

I read his full 7-part piece on GEJ on NVS before the election, and am not surprised that his cocksuckery has paid off.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by DisGuy: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
never rated the guy before, just a bit popular cos he was on TV

GEJ and his populist
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by newdeal(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
At times like these, my respect for late chief Gani Fawehinmi soars to the high heavens, so far the only Nigerian critic who courageously stood by his convictions to the very end, not these bunch of self serving opportunists and pseudo-intellectuals who cannot resist the whiff of 'mints' regardless of the source.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2011

Ima Niboro = Beaf? Chei, see as chopulation just kpai. All that epe wey the guy collect for NL just be for nothing.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Solozzo(m): 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
It is paradoxical that we blame critics for accepting positions with govt. People who are critiquing govt should step in and make good the system they are criticizing  If they cannot perform, they should resign and tell us why they are leaving. If they are corrupt then we know they were  were just criticizing to get a chance to steal.

Let us  os see what Rueben can do, Although his position leaves him no executive powers, so it is hard to judge his performance, but we can judge his honesty by his bank account and his properties while in office
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
Abati is the most overrated pundit in Nigeria(I have a friend that must now hear this from me; he likes Abati so much that he underwent few weeks coaching under him when we were in school
The only thing I read from him are those comical satires just to have a good laugh. I stopped taking him seriously even before the Abuja land saga. I realized he is no longer as fire-spitting as he used to be some 5, 7 years ago.

To nail my suspicion about his compromise, I wondered why a public pundit will do a 10 series articles on a presidential candidate when he's not his official media person, if he was not paid to do that. He also played an active role in the launching of Jonathan's Facebook book. So this is why I'll not be surprised if he is named GEJ's media person. His pen language has been poiting to that since.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

u mean beaf has been off nland running errand foe gej on this matter??
o mi damnn i hope he didnt get blown up during the recent bombings sad sad sad sad cry cry grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by tpia5: 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
is ima niboro really beaf?

abi na im best friend or brother?
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 30, 2011
newdeal:

At times like these, my respect for late chief Gani Fawehinmi soars to the high heavens, so far the only Nigerian critic who courageously stood by his convictions to the very end, not these bunch of self serving opportunists and pseudo-intellectuals who cannot resist the whiff of 'mints' regardless of the source.

let's give it to that man. he even rejected attorney eneral position by abacha as well as marwa's sallah ram gift.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Musiwa42: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2011
are you sure that is beaf, who have been insulting me and calling me different names.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Abagworo(m): 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
Beaf is obviously Ima Niboro.Anyone can dig nairaland archives to confirm.This is why it is always good to stand by justice and equity.Now Ima Niboro(beaf) has been used and dumped and his conscience full of guilt from the murdered,kidnapped and bombed souls.

Here on nairaland,he has been blocked by the powers that be so that his strategic blunders will not repeat at this critical stage our Nation is going through.

As for Abati whose Nairaland alias I am yet to ascertain,I can only but wish him well.Just stand by the truth and God will be with you.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by ZnO: 12:09am On Jul 01, 2011
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Kc3000: 12:23am On Jul 01, 2011
Never cared much for Reuben Abati. There was always something disingenuous about the crap he writes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG May Sack Security Chiefs Over Escape Of Boko Haram Leader / Midnight Blast In Bauchi Was Caused By A Faulty Transformer - Police / Mimiko Declares 3 Days Fasting And Prayers For Officials Killed On Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.