Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! (30633 Views)

Woman Who Killed Abuja Biker And Alleged Cover Up By Nigeian Police. / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. / Cargo Tracking Notes In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 1:51am On Aug 07, 2007
And FYI you can go and jump into the lagoon for all I care. No be you get Nairaland so whatever you say about my comment is absolutely useless. Get yourself your own forum and state your rules. Don't act as an admin here when you aren't even a recognized member!
relax your muscles. I feel as if some veins in your neck will pop since you're typing with so much fury & outrage. Life's too short, sweet, and hard, so please try not to become extinct too young. Enjoy all that life has to offer, and don't die because Kobe won't let you enjoy the beloved forum in peace, nympho. I might not be a recognized member(doubtable), but I am recognized as a member wink. Eat your heart out tongue.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 07, 2007
k0be:

relax your muscles. I feel as if some veins in your neck will pop since you're typing with so much fury & outrage. Life's too short, sweet, and hard, so please try not to become extinct too young. Enjoy all that life has to offer, and don't die because Kobe won't let you enjoy the beloved forum in peace, nympho. I might not be a recognized member(doubtable), but I am recognized as a member wink. Eat your heart out tongue.

I am tired of replying.

It's very late and I must go to bed.

Uff, today I was really of a bad mood.

Thanks to you I have relieved myself of all stress.

Goodnight!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by soulpatrol(f): 2:06am On Aug 07, 2007
what is this? shocked i leave for 5 mins and both of u are at each other's throat. egbami o! michelin and kobe make una take am easy. this is obviously a case of one person misconstruing what the other posted. pls, this is a forum, u cant always read meaning into what someone posts, because u never know what they are thinking. so pls, dont judge and quit fighting u two. u grown! or i hope u are! angry shuo!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 5:52am On Aug 07, 2007
see yourself, why are you picking sides, i thought we were friends.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by aloib(f): 6:10am On Aug 07, 2007
k0be:

see yourself, why are you picking sides, i thought we were friends.

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 6:19am On Aug 07, 2007
aloib what are you doing all the way in the filipinos? na wa o, or are you a flip?
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by aloib(f): 6:25am On Aug 07, 2007
yup yup, lol,
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 6:30am On Aug 07, 2007
ahhhh my philippino sister. how about some tagalog?
putang ina mo. magkantutan tayo. Naninigas ang titi ko, gusto kitang kantutin. just kidding.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by aloib(f): 6:35am On Aug 07, 2007
gago ka!! who taught u??, lol,
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 6:40am On Aug 07, 2007
i was talking to some philipinno right next to me, he just left undecided. what's your name?
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by aloib(f): 6:42am On Aug 07, 2007
kai!!! he told u curse word, the 1st one, my name is my username, read it backwards
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 6:51am On Aug 07, 2007
ohhhh okay. i thought you were a philippino girl for a second. so what are you doing all the way in the philippines B?
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by aloib(f): 6:53am On Aug 07, 2007
i am now, i'm mixed, mumsi is pinoy,
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2007
oh okay, what of popsi? what part of naija is he from.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by aloib(f): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2007
osun state cheesy, ife mehn , u? wer u at? ur profile doesnt even say if ure male or female
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2007
i'm in the u.s., come visit, it's really umm nice. cool
sorry it took a while to respond, and sorry for digressing from the topic shocked let's carry our conversation go somewhere else, where do u suggest.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by aloib(f): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2007
lol, i slept off chilling for ur reply, lol, dunno, got ym?
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by k0be: 9:50am On Aug 07, 2007
yes i do,
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Aporo: 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2007
Okay peeps!!

Back to the subject - riding (motor bikes)!!

Any experience rider in the house with some tips for starters or even seasoned riders?
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 8:00am On Aug 08, 2007
back to the issue at hand,

all you pandering folks take it elsewhere kobe? grin

aporo

biking can be the most thrilling experience in your life or the worst,

it depends on you disposition

i learn how to ride in a day.

i bought the ninja sometime in 1999 from oyinbo

i remember that period even after paying the criminal mechanic to bring me home with the bike,and also paying him for riding lessons (imagine 3k)

the guy did a dissappearing act(i still dey find am sha)

anyways it was Ludicrous ,it took myself and like 4 of my friends to pushing the bike all the way from ramat crescent to sandfield in ogudu(a distance of about 3kms)b4 anyone dared to climb.

bottomline 4hours later and suprisingly without a single fall(the falling part came days after)i covered the same distanced trekked iin about 1.2mins

my point is this know the operations of a bike , Zero your mind(a term used way back in NMS)and REV your engine

N.B check out the new Ducati a.k.a the DEMON

Gawd why am i stuck in N9A?

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Aporo: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2007
@Ariblaze

That is a bad ass bike!! My issue with Ducati is the cost of maintenance and availability of spare parts. I understand Yamahas and Suzukis are better in this regard.

Interestingly, i taught myself how to ride. My first bike was a Honda CB500 - lovely and quite heavy bike!

On the mechanic bit of the experience, it has been unpleasant. I will suggest that any biker get as much technical knowledge of how a bike functions as possible (i.e changing tires, spark plugs, your fuse system and other basic functions). These will help immensely. Most of the mechanics except a few are unbelievably daft except a few. And if your bike gets damaged, you will still have to bear the brunt not them. I currently use (with a lot of supervision) a guy called small at the Iponri end of western avenue. His cost also seem reasonable.

One question i will like to ask is how you have maintained the plastic body of your bike. Since it appears that bikes are bound to drop at one point or the other. My painter i hope does not pray that i crash, because it's always good business for him. Imagine crashing a 2007 model bike (you will almost have to import the entire coating again).I am actually considering a road bike for in town runs to circumvent this problem (am told the Yamaha Vmax - 1200cc is bad!!). I will then use my sport bike for inter state travels! But i love the Ducati in your post because it has little or no plastic coating.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2007
road bikes, huh!

i have respect those bike

but thats where it ends

the fibre on the sports version is just dope!

apart from the looks , the cuting design is aerodynamics

you cut thru the wind in a blaze.

with the road version i believe one is sitting to laid back thus not alert in movement

as regards the issue about mechanics

right now am inbetween bikes actually its actually 2years

i feel somewhat incomplete

so my free time is spent looking up bikes

am actually a mechanical engineer grin
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Aporo: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2007
@ Ariblaze

Cool and good luck in your search man!!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 11:30am On Aug 08, 2007
front veiw of the demon,

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2007
rear veiw

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Aporo: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2007
Equally bad ass man!!

Where do you intend to buy your bike from?

I currently have a Kawasaki ZXR 750 2000 model and i will like to upgrade to a 1000 Kawasaki ZXR. A later model preferably.

I understand one can get better bikes in Ghana and Togo. What do you think?
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2007
yeah i hear togo got bad ass bikes ,

am trying to upload the new aprilla

that shit is the shiznit!!!!!!!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2007
aprilla

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2007
again

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Aporo: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2007
The Aprilla deserves to be called the "demon" as against the Ducati. It actually looks it.

Interesting pictures man!!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2007
where do you live@aporo
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2007
i will look up the alias for the aprilla

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates / Amazing Garages That Hides Cars Underground And Also Deliver Them At The Surface / How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.