Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President (1109 Views)

Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation / Rahama Babangida, Ex-military Ruler's Daughter Stuns In New Photos / Things About IBB, Nigeria's Military President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by babeface3: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
This has been a raging controversy. Is Buhari really the poorest ex military president in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2011
He is not poor
He is honest!
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by ultim: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2011
it was a heated argument in the midst of about 400 political science students here in Lagos majority stood for the fact that he is the poorest. it beats my imagination.

@Gen Buhari, are you he? pehapse you can enlighten the inquisitive minds
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 04, 2011
This glaring. Is it IBB or Obj that you want to compare him with? Or even Yakubu Gowon, though not much is known about Gowon's wealth too? There are gossips about AbdulSalam's wealth too, but not as glaring as that of IBB and Obj, but if house is any criteria, the Abdus Salam's Minna Hilltop House also makes a statement about his money, at least more than Buhari.
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by enyojo(f): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2011
Honesty doesnt equate poverty. The General's kids school abroad for God's sake.
No-one is saying a man of integrity should live or die broke, financial integrity only makes one not to misuse public fund or abuse public trust.
But frankly speaking, Buhari is the least wealthy Former Ex Military President living today
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by ultim: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2011
"least wealthy", I think is the better word
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by Alxmyr(m): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2011
Is he not collecting his pension and allowances,
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by kabba7(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2011
Ditto Yar Adua not a billionaire governor nor president. Any linkage maybe gene? Hm
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by Fmarshal360(m): 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2011
sure he is upright and modest,former minst. of pet. without single filling station.i want him as president of Nigeria,he is a real muslim.
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by ultim: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2011
:-x
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
ultim:

"least wealthy", I think is the better word
Co-signed.
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by egift(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2011
Frankly not poor. Yes "least wealthy" is appropriate. We all know he have not oil well, no house in Abuja, had to take a bank loan to build his house, etc.

He is upright, honest and manage his funds well. The same can not be said of even some local government chairman - who amass wealth as if they are taking it to the world beyond.
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by maga1: 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2011
Thats my General. I pray God makes me more honest than he is. He is a role model pple especially politicians should emulate if we want a GREAT NAIJA.
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by dustydee: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2011
Between Buhari and GEJ who is the most honest?
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by Rhino5dm: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2011
^ I think GEJ is more honest. Afteral Buhari is a jihadist and extremist. He sponsored Boko haram, unleashed his thugs to kill innocent southerners, inspires the CBN governor to introduce sharia banking.
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by dustydee: 11:11am On Jul 05, 2011
He did all these and GEJ is not honest enough to arrest and prosecute him? GEJ let go free while innocent people are being bombed and dying? what manner of honesty is that?
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by naijaking1: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2011
Another thread to paint Buhari as an angel grin grin grin grin grin grin
Well, go ask the parents of those 3 students he murdered in the name drug enforcement if Buhari is the poorest or not.
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by md4real(m): 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^ I think GEJ is more honest. Afteral Buhari is a jihadist and extremist. He sponsored Boko haram, unleashed his thugs to kill innocent southerners, inspires the CBN governor to introduce sharia banking.
how does this make sense? provide proofs and evidence if you have them!
Re: Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
F/marshal360:

sure he is upright and modest,former minst. of pet. without single filling station.i want him as president of Nigeria,he is a real muslim.

^^^Sorry to burst your bubble, but that ship has already sailed.

(1) (Reply)

What Could Cause A Revolution In Nigeria? / My Predictions For 2012 / How Tribalism Made Southern Cameroon Run From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.