Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

3g Phones: The Future Is Here! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! (2783 Views)

Does It Mean No Internet Service Provision For Those With 2/3g Phones On Ntel? / The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel / China Phones! The Good, The Bad, The Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by gbenga9ja(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2006
3G (or 3-G) is shot for third-generation mobile telephone technology. The services associated with 3G provide the ability to transfer both voice data (a telephone call) and non-voice data (such as downloading information, exchanging email, and instant messaging).

3G phones are like handsets with wireless broadband access. You can speed through Web pages, stream movie clips, download 3D games and make video calls, all on your 3G cellular phone. Thanks to the high-speed access which can range from 144Kbps to 2.4Mbps.

In most cases, 3G phones are equipped with premium features, including dual cameras, memory expansion slots and onboard multimedia players. For those on the lookout for a 3G phone, let me help you get started with these recommendations.

1. Nokia N70

The good part: Classy design for a smart phone; 2-megapixel camera; RS-MMC expansion slot; strong productivity applications; FM tuner; multiple connectivity options

The bad part: Its surface is slightly prone to scratches; miniscule keys; slow PC synchronization.

The bottom line: A worthy successor to the Nokia 6680, the N70 comes with a strong suite of PIM and multimedia applications that make it a good PDA-phone alternative for mobile professionals.

2. Nokia N90

The good part: Excellent build quality; innovative side joystick; cutting-edge feature set including 3G; superb picture quality; abundance of connectivity options.

The bad part: Bulky and heavy; some design flaws; unfriendly keypad; slow operating system; limited music playback control; mediocre battery life.

The bottom line: The N90 is well-suited to offer 3G imaging and multimedia functions in one mean package, provided you can live with its slow speeds and various other minor flaws.

3. Nokia 7260

It features 65k color TFT display, GPRS/EDGE data, VGA camera, Infrared, WAP 2.0 Browser, J2ME, E-mail client, SyncML, speakerphone, FM Radio, voice recording and voice dialing.

4. Nokia 6282

Nokia 6282 phone combines 1 mega pixel camera, QVGA display, and sleek slide design with 3G technology.
Nokia unveiled one of the industry’s first mobile handsets designed to support 1900MHz UMTS networks expected to go online in the Americas during 2006. In addition to enabling 3G services, the new Nokia 6282 phone features a 2.2 inch, 320 x 240 pixel QVGA display, a 1 mega pixel camera, FM radio, digital music player with hot-swappable miniSD card support, Bluetooth technology and an eye-catching sliding design. The Nokia 6282 phone (GSM 850/1900/1800/UMTS 1900 MHz) is expected to be available during the first quarter of 2006 in markets offering 1900 MHz UMTS service.

Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by gbenga9ja(m): 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2006
5. Nokia 6234

Nokia unveiled the 3G-enabled Nokia 6234, a feature-filled 3G mobile phone exclusively for Vodafone. Featuring a 2-mega pixel camera, a 320 x 240 QVGA color screen, digital music player, stereo speakers and a wide array of features and applications which take advantage of WCDMA mobile broadband services, the Nokia 6234 will be available exclusively for Vodafone customers worldwide. The stylish and classic Nokia 6234 (WCDMA 2100 / GSM 900/1800/1900) is expected to begin shipping in the 1st quarter of 2006.

6. Sony Ericsson K608i

The good part: Tidy 3G phone design; fun video and image editing; high-quality radio with RDS.

The bad part: Short of internal memory; small screen.

The bottom line: It may be easy to use and it incorporates some nice multimedia features, particularly where the 1.3 mega pixel camera is concerned, but with just 32MB of memory and no way to add more, Sony Ericsson has given the K608i a built-in disadvantage.

7. Sony Ericsson Z800i

The good part: Large internal display; good 3G reception; hot-swappable Memory Stick DUO; MP3 playback; multiple connectivity and media features.

The bad part: Bulky; heavy; poor external display; low tactile navigator; pricey.

The bottom line: A worthy addition to the array of 3G phones available here, the Z800i comes with other media surprises despite its unattractive Goliath size.

8. Sony Ericsson K700i

This high-end GSM world phone sports a high-resolution display, VGA camera with flash, video recording, Bluetooth, FM radio.
Sony Ericsson K700i is global roaming GSM camera phone. It also features 65k color display, GPRS data, Infrared, SyncML, polyphonic ring tones, MP3 player, streaming multimedia, Internet browser and J2ME. It has 32MB shared memory for pictures, music, ring tones, themes, games and video clips.

Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by gbenga9ja(m): 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2006
9. Samsung SGH-Z500

The good part: Proven clamshell design; lightweight and well-featured; ample connectivity options; reasonably priced; TransFlash expansion memory.

The bad part: No unique features; looks nearly identical to the SGH-E700; operates sluggishly at times.

The bottom line: The Z500 has proven to be a solid, dependable 3G phone that’s equipped with a good range of features including dual onboard cameras, MP3 playback, Bluetooth and TransFlash expansion slot.

10. Samsung ZM60

The small, stylish ZM60 is a clamshell phone packed with great features. It’s one of T-Mobile’s new ranges of 3G phones with video calling – so you can chat to your mates face to face. It also has an MP3 player so you can load it with your favorite tunes and listen to then wherever you are. Taking high-quality photos is simple with its 1.3 mega pixel digital camera and flash. Its triband is for use around the world and with Bluetooth and a USB port connectivity is easy. Plus, with 3G you get super fast access to all the goodies in t-zones.

11. Samsung i300

First class specifications make the Samsung i300 an extraordinary mobile phone. With a huge 3 GB hard drive, the i300 knows no limits. Save your work, your music and your memories and if you run out of space, you can capture the rest of your life on the hard drive. Use the Windows™ Mobile interface and make working on the move easy. Read your documents and PDF with the document viewer and transfer them all to your PC wirelessly with Bluetooth® wireless technology. You can also download data onto your computer via USB or IrDA. The i300 is a truly professional entertainment phone.

12. Samsung E800

This Samsung E800 offers a slide-up design similar to the Siemens SL55. The slide is spring-loaded allowing the phones display to glide into position at the nudge of a finger and weighs just 86g. The Samsung E800 boasts of a large 1.72inch 65k color display that allows the user to view in widescreen. The powerful VGA camera allows for vivid stills capturing ready to view on the handset or to send onto friends and family via MMS. Taking images in low light is a breeze too. The phone has a flashlight to illuminate your subjects and can even digitally zoom up to four times. All the other regulars are also available such as calendar, polyphonic ring tones, java etc. The phone looks very pretty and trendy too.

Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by jksxxxx: 7:52am On Jan 29, 2020
Now we have 5g see how time flies

4 Likes

Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by orlayemmy15(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2020
jksxxxx:

chai! u go wake dis thread wey dey sleep in peace. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by sunshineV(f): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
jksxxxx:

And yet the future is not here
Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by vintino(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by sofiscatedmoron: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
how can i buy that nokia fold grin
Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by ryfoz(m): 12:09am On Jan 31, 2020
I know Sony Ericsson K700i wella
Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by Adewale1603(m): 9:39am On Jun 08, 2023
Technology will continue to increase and expand. There's still lot of hidden innovation yet to be discovered
Re: 3g Phones: The Future Is Here! by tecnolad(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2023
Make me self sign for here. We've come a long way

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) / Kennex Tablet 7''3GB Mobile Android / Tecno Camon C8 Vs Infinix Hot 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.