Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Nigeria Passport Offices ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Passport Offices ? (11688 Views)

List Of Countries Nigeria Passport Holders Can Travel Visa Free / Can The Old Nigeria Passport Still Be Used To Enter Nigeria / Can Any Tell Me Which Country Nigeria Passport Holder Can Go Without Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Passport Offices ? by jacq(f): 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2007
If someone should go for a nigeria passport(coming from abroad) which of these states are quicker with their services ?
Lagos,Abuja,Delta ,Edo,Kano,Katsina,Kanduna .
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by opensource(m): 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2007
forget lagos

try Akure
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by dafman(m): 3:45am On Aug 04, 2007
With the introduction of the new e-passport, I don't think you can get it in all the cities, just Lagos and Abuja for now.
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by opensource(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2007
the new passport is not started yet , in Festac old passport is still been used
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ all

pls does any1 know how much makin a nig passport could cost?Contact me @ papas_4eva@yahoo.com.Tanx
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smartkid(m): 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2007
The new biometric e-passport has commenced in Abuja. I did my interview on 2nd August. It cost N8,750:00 or $110:00. You apply online, pay online, print your receipt online, and get your interview date online. You’ll need to print some documents while applying, which you’ll take along for the interview, along with some other documents, all of which you’ll see on their website.
http://www.immigration.gov.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by jacq(f): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2007
@ smartkid How did u get ur interview date online ? did u chose the day urself
and do u get the passport the same day ? where there lots of pple ?
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smartkid(m): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2007
@ jacq
You don’t choose the interview date, you are given a date. But the interview date is only available after payment. However you can reschedule the interview date online. I applied and paid on July 31, and my interview date was August 2.

I didn’t get the passport same day. After the whole process, I was given a slip containing the collection date, which must be submitted in exchange for the e-passport. My collection date is August 7.

There weren’t lots of people. In fact people were few, save for one minister of the federal republic and some honorable members who also came for their own. I think they used a week or so to attend to government dignitaries, before opening up for the public. But of course not all of them dignitaries could go there within a week. So I guess we were among the first few set of people to be interviewed among the public. But I suppose the crowd will soon start getting heavy, as more people become aware.

You’ll print the following documents online, and bring them along for the interview:
- The completed application form, with your passport picture uploaded.
- Acknowledgment slip
- Receipt slip. It will contain your interview date.
- Guarantor’s form. It will have to be stamped in a court. It must also be accompanied with photocopies of the guarantor’s 2 out of these 3 modes of identification: International passport, drivers licence, or national ID card.

You’ll also come along with the following documents:
- Indigene letter from your local government
- Certificate of birth, or age declaration
- Two passport photographs
- Marriage certificate, where applicable
- Husband’s letter of consent (for married women)
- Parents letter of consent, for minors under 16 years.
- Police report, in case of lost passport.

Note that a printed copy of the completed application form, and 2 copies of the guarantor’s ID are not included among the requirements listed on the immigration website, but they’ll ask for them.
After vetting your documents, they will open a file for you. After that, they’ll confirm your payment from their system, and finally you are ready to go behind the machine grin

I didn’t spend any money there. But when I go to collect my passport, I would like to show my appreciation to one immigration lady there (that is if I see her, because I don’t even know her name!)

I don’t know if the e-passport has commenced in other states. I’ll find out when I go to collect my passport.
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by iice(f): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2007
smartkid:

The new biometric e-passport has commenced in Abuja. I did my interview on 2nd August. It cost[b] N8,750:00 or $110:00[/b]. You apply online, pay online, print your receipt online, and get your interview date online. You’ll need to print some documents while applying, which you’ll take along for the interview, along with some other documents, all of which you’ll see on their website.
http://www.immigration.gov.ng

$110 shocked shocked Dang it costs that much these days?
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by jacq(f): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2007
@ smartkid thanks for breaking it down for me.

not in naija for the moment but i think next month when i get back i will try in Abuja or Lagos.
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smartkid(m): 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2007
@ jacq
Welcome wink grin
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by ernal(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2007
smart kid,Will the guarantor form online be in my name or the guarantor's and also do i have to get the card from Afribank to make payment or i can use my interswitch debit card.Please advice,Thanks
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smartkid(m): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2007
@ernal
It seems there are 2 types of guarantor’s forms: There is one that you can complete online, while the other form can downloaded to be completed handwritten. I did the later. Of course I wrote my guarantor’s name.

You can go to any of the banks listed on the website for the electronic card: Afribank, UBA, Sterling or Zenith. The cards they’ll give you are interswitch, but you can’t use those interswitch ATM cards that are linked to your account for the immigration payment. I understand UBA cards are the most reliable in this regard. (Now that is not to say I am promoting UBA here. In fact I don’t like them and my account with them has been dormant for ages!). But I used UBA card and it was good. UBA charged me N100 for procuring the card (it will be deducted from whatever amount you load on the card). You can retain the electronic card and be using it as you would any ATM card, the only difference being that you have to be loading the card from the bank, since it is not linked to any account. Needless to say, you can use the same card for other immigration payments.

If you are planning on Abuja, just before the e-passport commenced the immigration relocated their office from Garki to a place close to the airport.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by ernal(m): 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2007
Thanks, How much should i load on the card and Should i input in Abuja,cos i was told Lagos still issue the Old passport,Please advice.

Thanks.

Olanrewaju.
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smartkid(m): 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ernal
If you’d read my previous posts you probably wouldn’t have asked these questions. Nonetheless let me respond to them.

1. The e-passport costs N8750:00, and the bank I used charges N100:00 for procuring the electronic card, which is deducted from the amount loaded on the card. That should tell you to load not less than N9,000:00 on your card (except if you want to be detailed to kobo kobo grin). I further said whatever amount of money that remains on your card is still your money.

2. I also wrote that I don’t know if the e-passport has commenced in other states, but I’ll find out when I go to collect my passport. I said my collection date is 7th August, but today is 6th.
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by ernal(m): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2007
Okay Bro,Thanks i will wiat till U collect Yours then,thanks,You being a great help and patient with me.
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smartkid(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2007
ernal,
I have collected my passport. And I was told at the immigration office that the e-passport is only available in Abuja currently, but that Lagos should commence next week.
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by ernal(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2007
Thanks.How does the new passport Looks?
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smartkid(m): 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2007
The new e-passport is an ECOWAS passport, which looks pretty much like the old passport- same green color and size. But you know it is biometric, with lots of enhanced security features, most of which can only be read by automated passport reading machines. The e-passport contains embedded electronic chip and antenna, which stores a copy of your photo, fingerprint, and personal details. Thus the passport must not be bent in any way, exposed to excessive moisture, magnetic fields or microwaves. But they said it is designed to cope with normal wear and tear. You can’t staple any document (e.g your old passport) to the new passport, either in the front or the back cover page. If the passport gets damaged, it may prevent you from traveling, and you may need to get a replacement.

There is no way of changing or adding information to the e-passport. If any of your details change, for instance a change in marital status, you’ll have to apply for a new passport. Children can no longer be endorsed on a parent’s passport, so they must hold a passport of their own.

It is advisable to apply early. I am surely among the early applicants, as my passport number is in tens, i.e A000000[b]xx[/b] (xx being the number grin grin grin)

The collection of passport is strictly by the applicant. The applicant has to thump print again during collection, and the thump print must match the one already on the chip, before the passport can be activated!

To contact Nigeria Immigration Service:
[email]info@immigration.gov.ng[/email]
www.immigration.gov.ng
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by ernal(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2007
Thanks,once they commence in Lagos,i will come apply or do you rather prefer i do it in abuja,can take a trip to see abuja for the first time sha,well what happens to our old pasport with all those visas and stamps? i for still like to use my old passport,but i know soon it will be faced out,thats why i want the new passport, any ways thanks for the Big help,again am having problem downloading the gurantor form.cheers
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2008
just finished filling the passport application form. discovered via website pop-up just before starting payment process that its strictly an Internet Explorer process. Firefox not approved. shocked

so i switched to IE7 and the next big surprise is that I'm being charged N 8,883.25 instead of #8,750 shocked well i loaded with #9,000 so no shakings but the charge surprise me oh. shocked
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by hectorswag(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2010
WOW!!!!!!! could it be that easy?? really cool!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smithjanetstore: 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
guys i lost my e passport issued to me early january for few months ago did anyone knows anything about getting a new and i was told i can only do it in abuja did someone knonw the amount and what are the documents i need to come along with and its how many days procedure
Re: Nigeria Passport Offices ? by smithjanetstore: 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
guys i lost my e passport issued to me early january for few months ago did anyone knows anything about getting a new and i was told i can only do it in abuja did someone knonw the amount and what are the documents i need to come along with and its how many days procedure guys make una reply me now

(1) (Reply)

Can NECO Be Used In Getting Admission In Canada / One Dead, Two Injured In Ogun Road Crash / Six Die In Ogun Road Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.