Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Tv As Monitor - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tv As Monitor (1130 Views)

LCD Monitor For Sale / How Do I Connect An Antena To A Monitor? Pls / Computer Village Do You Have This HP L1955 MONITOR Power Supply Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tv As Monitor by mecusbosco(m): 4:24am On Aug 04, 2007
Please, can a television be connected in a Tv card of a computer system. I am having series of problems with my monitor and i am tired of buying monitors. Each monitor I buy, it stops displaying on the screen and the power light will still be on. can I get a TV card and connect my Television to serve as monitor.

CAN IT WORK?
Re: Tv As Monitor by bannybols: 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2007
won't work
Re: Tv As Monitor by Tini(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2007
yea,it will definitely work but the resolution will be very bad.i dont recommend using the tv.
Re: Tv As Monitor by Ralvy(m): 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2007
It Surely works, as Timi said, Poor resolution is the problem - only if you are using a T.V Card.
But, U can check around ur T.V for a blue port
I use both my laptop and desktop with my 48inch Samsung L.C.D T.V and it gives me great resoultions.

Instead of wasting stack buying monitors, U can save and Buy ma kinda T.V tongue
Criously, it's really cool - has flash drive ports, and card readers, U can play music from ur flash when showing of your pictures. It's awesome, Try It*
Re: Tv As Monitor by cjayy(m): 10:40am On Aug 06, 2007
It wud work but you might not be able to download most items onto the TV Screen e.g yahoo messenger, etc.
Re: Tv As Monitor by Ralvy(m): 11:02am On Aug 06, 2007
cjayy:

It would work but you might not be able to download most items onto the TV Screen e.g yahoo messenger, etc.

What d'u mean "you might not be able to download most items onto the TV Screen e.g yahoo messenger, etc"
Feel me in on that thingy, we're learners* grin
Re: Tv As Monitor by Cactus(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2007
the resolution on the tv is not a problem it can work fine depending on the type of tv u r using and your graphics card. obviously it will look better on flat screen display than on a tube. so its all what you u have to work with that will determine. if you are going to buy a new tv just for this well you can as well get ea 22inch tv monitor for less than 300 bucks if u r into resolution.

GL
Re: Tv As Monitor by cjayy(m): 10:23am On Aug 07, 2007
Ralvy,In Europe and other developed continents of the world, Most Internet Service providers propose this package during Installation especially at residents. While in Europe, I also had this service with my TV Screen.

The TV and Computer differ in design. While the former is mostly designed for PICTURE and SOUND processing, the latter (which also has a well defined Central Processing Unit-CPU and a HARD-DISK) has a storage device and is designed for both DATA, PICTURE and SOUND processing. The TV even with a separate processing unit can display DATA but cannot really process it as compared to what a computer is desinged to do. Displaying DATA Or PICTURE is quite different from ACTUAL PROCESSING. In the course of downloading from a computer, both DATA and PICTURE must be processed and displayed. You might be able to browse so many sites using your TV as monitor but if you want to download a software like Yahoo Messenger which you must eventually install on your TV Monitor inorder to use for chatting etc. It becomes difficult. In addition, with your TV as Monitor, the resolution, font size etc would lack proper control and you would strain yourself more in trying to scroll to displays you would have seen at once using your computer.

Maybe a new technology that would counter this challenge is out but Iam speaking from experience.
Re: Tv As Monitor by hayprof(m): 12:20am On Aug 09, 2007
I think the resolution is gon be Ok for all applications. I see it done in every GTBank cool
Re: Tv As Monitor by opensource(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2007
you dont download on cpu or TV this are just Visual Aplliances they actual logic is the the CPU
Re: Tv As Monitor by lakeside4love(m): 1:39am On Aug 13, 2007
Hmm.Educative responses.I will sure give dis a try someday.

(1) (Reply)

I Have The Solution To Flu Burung Virus / Super Computer / How To Hack And Bypass Windows Log On On A Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.