Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Unconditional Blessings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unconditional Blessings (8176 Views)

$240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / Unconditional Love? / Abu Zola Declare Unconditional Ceasefire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unconditional Blessings by Joagbaje(m): 6:34am On Jul 03, 2011
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life (Romans 5:18).

Under the Old Testament, God’s blessings for the children of Israel were preconditioned on their obedience to the Law. They had to obey the Law to enjoy the benefits of the first covenant. For example, in Exodus 19:5-6, God had desired that the children of Israel walk as kings and priests before Him, but their obedience was a prerequisite for the blessings to take effect in their lives:

“Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.”

However, they broke His laws and couldn’t enjoy the blessings. But this isn’t the case with us today in the New Testament. Colossians 1:12 says

. . .“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.”

We’ve been made partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light. We’re sharers and participators in the blessings and benefits of the Kingdom-life reserved for all God’s children. This happened when you were born again; you were born with an inheritance. You don’t have to try to “obey” the law for God to bless you; you were born blessed (Ephesians 1:3).

Also, you’re the fruit of Christ’s obedience:

“Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous” (Romans 5:18-19).

Can you now see why you don’t have to try to obey God first for Him to bless you? Someone obeyed God on your behalf, and His Name is Jesus. Through His obedience, God’s gift, His blessing of righteousness, was bequeathed to you.

Nowhere in the New Testament are we told to “obey” God or “obey” the Law. Rather, we are called His obedient children:

“As obedient children, not fashioned yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance” (1 Peter 1:14). We’re described in scriptures as having obeyed God’s Word of truth from the heart (Romans 6:17).

So our blessings and inheritance in Christ aren’t preconditioned on obedience; rather, they are our birthright!

Prayer
I thank you dear heavenly Father, for qualifying me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. I reach forth today and take a hold of all that’s mine in Christ, and enjoy the benefits and privileges reserved for all who are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

1 Peter 3:9
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

-pastor chris
Re: Unconditional Blessings by harakiri(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2011
@Mr Joseph Agbaje. . . Was this the gospel the Jesus in your bible preached about? Ehhnn? "Unconditional blessings"? Manna from heaven? Billions of naira in exchange for tithes and offerings? You no dey tire? It's unfortunate that the ill wind of insecurity and poverty blows through the land else. . .you and your thieving/fraudulent cohorts would be out of business. When will my people wake up and smell the coffee stench of lies and deciet?
Re: Unconditional Blessings by KunleOshob(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2011
Yet the chief hypocrite himself Oyaks attaches conditions of seed sowing, offer 7, partnership e.t.c before his customers can be blessed or healed.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2011
Joagbaje:

We’ve been made partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light. We’re sharers and participators in the blessings and benefits of the Kingdom-life reserved for all God’s children. This happened when you were born again; you were born with an inheritance. You don’t have to try to “obey” the law for God to bless you; you were born blessed (Ephesians 1:3).

Damn grin This is great news cheesy i don't need tithe, seed to pastor, offer 7 e.t.c to receive my blessings grin
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
Joagbaje, Please show me in the bible where there is mention of unconditional blessings.

I am sorry but obedience = blessings while disobedience = curses
Re: Unconditional Blessings by nlMediator: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
Joagbaje:

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life (Romans 5:18).

Under the Old Testament, God’s blessings for the children of Israel were preconditioned on their obedience to the Law. They had to obey the Law to enjoy the benefits of the first covenant. For example, in Exodus 19:5-6, God had desired that the children of Israel walk as kings and priests before Him, but their obedience was a prerequisite for the blessings to take effect in their lives:

“Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.”

However, they broke His laws and couldn’t enjoy the blessings. But this isn’t the case with us today in the New Testament. Colossians 1:12 says

. . .“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.”

“Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous” (Romans 5:18-19).

Can you now see why you don’t have to try to obey God first for Him to bless you? Someone obeyed God on your behalf, and His Name is Jesus. Through His obedience, God’s gift, His blessing of righteousness, was bequeathed to you.

Nowhere in the New Testament are we told to “obey” God or “obey” the Law. Rather, we are called His obedient children:

“As obedient children, not fashioned yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance” (1 Peter 1:14). We’re described in scriptures as having obeyed God’s Word of truth from the heart (Romans 6:17).

So our blessings and inheritance in Christ aren’t preconditioned on obedience; rather, they are our birthright!

Prayer
I thank you dear heavenly Father, for qualifying me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. I reach forth today and take a hold of all that’s mine in Christ, and enjoy the benefits and privileges reserved for all who are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

-pastor chris

To put it simply and politely, your theology is confusing. Only, yesterday you’re telling us that we have our own side to fulfill to see God’s blessings, such as confession. Today, you say that Jesus paid it all and we don’t have to do anything: that’s just for Old Testament folks. It’s the same thing I see with Paul’s message that all things are ours. You use that as a basis for not asking God for stuff, deriding those that do so as babes in Christ. Yet, you turn around to say that to access those blessings, people need to tithe, sow into the pastor’s life, give first fruits and do other things to activate the requisite grace. The only thing this message of non-obedience accomplishes is to tell people that they can continue to sin and be blessed. So long as the sin is not the sin of not contributing financially to ministers and the church.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by OmoTier1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

Prayer

Further Study

-pastor chris
Thank you for sharing this 'beauty' on new creation realities!
So many people are still struggling to grasp what it really means to be "born again". They really have not yet yet yet come to the full understanding of what christ's death, burial and resurrection means in its entirety!

Why do people think they can do something for God to bless them anyway?

Your seed sowing in the ministry is part of your responsibility in Gods kingdom here on earth and there is a REWARD for it.

Maybe another discussion should be open sometime soon of what actually is "a blessing"
Re: Unconditional Blessings by yommyuk: 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2011

Revelation 22:7
Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who obey the words of prophecy written in this book.

Revelation 1:3
God blesses the one who reads the word of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and OBEY what it says, for the time is near.

Revelation 14:13
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “ Write this down, Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, say the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for they will rest from their hard work, for their good deeds follow them!”

wink
Re: Unconditional Blessings by nuclearboy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2011

Confused people - you don't need to do anything (including obeying God) to get anything and everything (since Jesus already obeyed for you) BUT there is a reward for giving. In effect, all iS free but some things are not free - daft vapid talk.

I guess people are starting to see why there seems to be so much acrimony towards this guy's theology
Re: Unconditional Blessings by OmoTier1(m): 9:24am On Jul 05, 2011
yommyuk:

Revelation 22:7
Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who obey the words of prophecy written in this book.

Revelation 1:3
God blesses the one who reads the word of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and OBEY what it says, for the time is near.

Revelation 14:13
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “ Write this down, Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, say the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for they will rest from their hard work, for their good deeds follow them!”

wink

classic example of fleshly wisdom! Well, I understand all branches do not 'grow' at same rate even though they live on same vine.

Why do people like you find it difficult to grasp the new creation realities?Can God obey God to bless God? - This require a mind of wisdom -

THIS IS THE TRUTH: The new creation does not need to obey God like the isrealites did in order to be blessed! If your spirit can grasp this, then you would ginosko why SALVATION is a TOTAL package !
What then does this mean? A man who believes and confesses Christ Jesus as his Lord and Saviour is AUTOMATICALLY granted that Total package of blessings as heir of salvation, as one who belong to the seed of Abraham. However, to enjoy that total package of blessings, this new creation is got to 'train' his spirit in the light of God's word so as to learn how to walk in the package of blessings that rightly belongs to him.

I theresay, No man can obey God unless He God almighty makes it so! And that He did in Christ Jesus so that the blessing will come upon ALL who believe.

This truth was part of the mystery in Salvation that was kept secret until till the appointed time of Jesus's coming.

Now I implore you to show me one scripture in the new testament where God rightly said "if you shall do this, then will I do this " as was the case with the isrealites.

Finally, go back and read those verse in revelation you posted and tell me what God asked you to obey there!
Re: Unconditional Blessings by nuclearboy(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2011
If therte is no requirement for obedience, why is there requirement to "give" "give" and GIVE
Re: Unconditional Blessings by OmoTier1(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2011
nuclearboy:

Confused people - you don't need to do anything (including obeying God) to get anything and everything (since Jesus already obeyed for you) BUT there is a reward for giving. In effect, all iS free but some things are not free - daft vapid talk.

I guess people are starting to see why there seems to be so much acrimony towards this guy's theology

You know even when salvation appeared, there were people like you that never admitted they saw it even though they did.
What you fail to grasp is this. When you become born again, you are born into a family - not just any family BUT the family of God- that has in place guidelines on how things should go. It is in trying to figure out this guidelines that the church has fallen short.
Giving money in form of 'offerings', 'tithes','seeds' you name it are symbolics! They are a symbol of your act of worship! Think of it, do you really think your giving God money will make him send his angels to come heal your body, or make you wealthy? Not at all.The truth remains that if truly your love for God is genuine, pure, you attention will never be focus on the 'symbolic objects' rather on God himself. Hence when I take my 200000 naira and CONTRACT with God for His kingdom work, I am expectant because I know before I gave that money, that God wanted me to let go off it not because He God wants my money but because He God wanted to prove my love for him. And I know whoever God proves, He also increases, hence my expectation.

Somehow, I think people should go study ALL the 'offerings' God implored the isrealites and understand the symbolics of them and I am sure thier continuous and never seems to end about things like money offerings or tithes or seeds in church would stop!
Re: Unconditional Blessings by anukulapo: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2011
The new testament/covenant in christ has its own commandment/law that we are expected to keep(jh 14:15,15:10,1 jh 5:3,etc) and in Jh 15:10 he said we will abide in his love "IF" we keep his commandments (study your bible for clarification), (and they are not grievous- 1 jh 5:3).

Only that unlike under the old covenant,a man can loose his life for breaking just one, but now, looking into the perfect law of liberty, if we fail, we have a mediator(who pleades on our behalf always) and who so ever stays in him(the vine),there's no condemnation for such but he might be save as one that escaped throught the fire, by grace.

promising them liberty,they became (and made others slaves of unrighteousness). These faith without good works confession guys are just rying to make it simple whereas they make the wod of God of non effect, don't be deceived by the simplicity that is in christ Jesus,

Blessing(whatever it means to you) you can get, but, be clear on this, neither fornicators,idolaters,thieves,drunkards, shall inherit the kingdom of Gd, so,encourage people to continue with dead works and tell them their visa to heaven is in the total package given to them by Christ, and he won't call them workers of iniquity, Abeg!
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 11:22am On Jul 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Why do people like you find it difficult to grasp the new creation realities?

Simple, cos it's nothing but fraud wink

Omo_Tier1:

What then does this mean? A man who believes and confesses Christ Jesus as his Lord and Saviour is AUTOMATICALLY granted that Total package of blessings as heir of salvation, as one who belong to the seed of Abraham.

You noted here that a package is made available to the man believes and confesses Christ s his Lord & Savior, then. . . .

Omo_Tier1:

However, to enjoy that total package of blessings, this new creation is got to 'train' his spirit in the light of God's word so as to learn how to walk in the package of blessings that rightly belongs to him.

. . . .we are told there is a condition to be fulfilled before we can 'draw down' or access this package. So in effect the man 'must' comply with certain conditions or terms of agreement before he can access the package. and you believe that's is not obedience
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Enigma(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2011
They say in order to live long, what to do is honour your father and mother ----- they go back to the Old Testament.

They say in order to "prosper" you must "tithe" (in fact their boss says you are robbing God otherwise); you must "sow into pastor" because pastor has power to make you rich, you must give (i.e. give into "church"wink in various ways ---- especially again in terms of giving to the pastor, including "Offer 7", yes these same folk are saying "blessings are unconditional".

Meanwhile consider the illogic and folly of someone talking about "ginosko" (uninformed people cheaply bamboozled by some foreign words):

Omo_Tier1:

classic example of fleshly wisdom! Well, I understand all branches do not 'grow' at same rate even though they live on same vine.

Why do people like you find it difficult to grasp the new creation realities?Can God obey God to bless God? - This require a mind of wisdom -

No it does not require a mind of wisdom; rather it takes a poorly developed, even daft mind, to believe this biblically or even logically. It does not even warrant refuting --- other than to highlight it in stark relief.

Omo_Tier1:

THIS IS THE TRUTH: The new creation does not need to obey God like the isrealites did in order to be blessed! If your spirit can grasp this, then you would ginosko why SALVATION is a TOTAL package !
What then does this mean? A man who believes and confesses Christ Jesus as his Lord and Saviour is AUTOMATICALLY granted that Total package of blessings as heir of salvation, as one who belong to the seed of Abraham. However, to enjoy that total package of blessings, this new creation is got to 'train' his spirit in the light of God's word so as to learn how to walk in the package of blessings that rightly belongs to him.

Meaningless drivel; first what is "total package"? Second what is this "train" his spirit thing? Is the fellow not already "God" as quoted above; does "God" now need to "train" his spirit in order to be blessed by himself, God? Remember that God does not need to obey God in order to be blessed by God! God does not need to obey God but needs to train God --- very "clever" logic or spiritual revelation --- indeed "greater truth"!

You see, the false teachers know how they ensnare the greedy and the poor thinking! Mix poison of greed with some truth of scripture. Yes a Christian is already blessed ----- even non-Christians enjoy some of God's blessings ("rain on the just and unjust alike"wink ---- but to now say "you don't have to obey" God starts to go into the territory of serving the cause of the anti-Christ spirit.

Omo_Tier1:

Now I implore you to show me one scripture in the new testament where God rightly said "if you shall do this, then will I do this " as was the case with the isrealites.

First, start with Matthew 6:3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

But of course these prosperity "gospel" people (aka "prosperitians"wink only pay lip service to giving to the needy (they are more concerned with "sowing into pastor's life"wink so a passage like above will be ignored. However, even worse than this, expect some of them to come and tell us that those words of Jesus do not matter for Christians because "Jesus did not function in the New Testament."

Second, when it comes to "sowing to pastors" etc, they say there are promises or blessings that go with it: some of them will then see exactly "if you shall do this, then I will do this" in a passage like Matthew 10:41 - Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward.

Now as for the leaders and pastors, they know that they are just misleading the mugs for the sake of their (leaders & pastors) own belly; but the mugs are too overcome by desire, aspiration and greed to be able to think carefully and realise that they are being fooled and misled into believing a lie from the father of lies rather than following true biblical teachings.

Anyway, one more way to show the fallacy of the logic here: how can you "remain in Jesus" if you do not obey His teachings; and if you do not "remain in Him", how do you enjoy the "blessings" of remaining in Him? Compare the passage below with the poor logic of "you do not need to obey God"!

John 15
3[b]You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you[/b]. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7[b]If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.[/b] 8This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

1. They were already clean (cf. Joagbaje who says they were not "born again"!)
2. Yet, they were required to remain in the vine --- which involves obedience
3. If they remain in the vine (involving obedience), they will bear fruit (we know that the "prosperitians" are not interested in that kind of fruit but we prefer the kind of fruit that Jesus is interested in and is talking about)
4. If they remain in the vine they can ask whatever they wish which will be granted.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by nuclearboy(m): 11:30am On Jul 05, 2011
cry ^^

why bother respond - even he is not convinced is why the long winded stories which negates everything he says and thus means nothing.

It is an art - this capability to say so much yet mean nothing.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

When you become born again, you are born into a family - not just any family BUT the family of God- that has in place guidelines on how things should go.

oh! there are guidelines to be followed as a born again angry

Omo_Tier1:

Hence when I take my 200000 naira and CONTRACT with God for His kingdom work, I am expectant because I know before I gave that money, that God wanted me to let go off it not because He God wants my money but because He God wanted to prove my love for him.

Are you saying it is no longer automatic i have to 'prove' my love for God on a monthly basis (with my tithes) before i can access the blessing grin if this is not a condition precedent to draw down, i wonder what is sad

Omo_Tier1:

And I know whoever God proves, He also increases, hence my expectation.

So, you conclude by saying only those that are 'proven' can hammer, big time angry So what's this talk about obedience not being a criteria for blessings angry
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2011
Enigma:

Meaningless drivel; first what is "total package"? Second what is this "train" his spirit thing? Is the fellow not already "God" as quoted above; does "God" now need to "train" his spirit in order to be blessed by himself, God? Remember that God does not need to obey God in order to be blessed by God! God does not need to obey God but needs to train God --- very "clever" logic or spiritual revelation --- indeed "greater truth"!

grin grin Omo_Tier1 is confused.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Enigma(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2011
When we say that some of these teachings are informed by the anti-Christ spirit, that may sound over the top! But do people see a pattern to some of these teachings:

- You don't have to obey God
- You are God
- You are Christ
- You should not pray to or through Christ
- You stand in Christ's stead
- Jesus' (The Lord's) prayer is not for mature Christians
- When you give you lay hold on eternal life

At the least, each and every one of those limited examples contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ; what spirit informs a habit of consistently contradicting the teachings of Christ other than the anti-Christ spirit.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Enigma(m): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Joagbaje

I am under the impression that this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-698914.64.html#msg8642027 is one of the (more recent) places where you said that to receive the blessing of long life is conditional on honouring one's father and mother. Please correct me if I'm wrong with my impression.

If my impression is right in the first place please tell me that you did not deviously erase that post after my first post on this thread showing its contradiction with this "unconditional blessing" thing! shocked
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Enigma(m): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^
@Joagbaje again

My apology if my impression in the above post is wrong (though I wonder why you deleted the post) as I've found an example of what I was looking for.

Anyway, basically from what you've written elsewhere, God's blessing of long life is not included in this "unconditional blessing" that you are talking about!
Joagbaje:

. . .
every act of obedience has it's blessing. For example if you want to live long. It's not by praying for long life. There is a principle to it. "honour your father and mother"

In addition, as I mentioned in my post you have also said giving to pastor etc is what causes a person to prosper ----- so therefore "prosperity" is not really included in this "unconditional blessing" because to get "prosperity" you have to give to a pastor or "sow into a pastor's life"!

Joagbaje:

. . . Giving to a minister doesn't have to be because of lack. It's because of the anointing upon him . That's what cause men to prosper. We can see the principle in the old testament.

Joagbaje:

. . . . Sowing of seeds to a pastor is very important. It has it's place . And it doesn't have to be due to lack on his part. His anointing will cause you to prosper. There are several givings in the bible. Theo one to the mimisternis only one of them.

Joagbaje:

. . . . Giving to a Minster has it's own blessing. You become a partaker of his grace and reward.

Joagbaje:
. . . If the Word for any reason hasn't produced result for an individual, something must be missing. If I put the word to work and I didn't see the result , I won't blame God , I will check myself rather. There are times we need to sow consistently to have a harvest.
Galatians 6:9
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.

We don't just do something once And say "lord where is the harvest"?.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by JeSoul(f): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
Zikky, Nuke and Enigma, why are you fellas sweating my friends now?  angry

Abeg me I want my automatic total package of unconditional birthright obedience-less blessing grin if you don't want your own make you siddon look grin
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
JeSoul:

Zikky, Nuke and Enigma, why are you fellas sweating my friends now?  angry

Abeg me I want my automatic total package of unconditional birthright obedience-less blessing grin if you don't want your own make you siddon look grin

unconditional birthright obedience-less blessings that's only accessible after obedience to certain conditions grin
Re: Unconditional Blessings by OmoTier1(m): 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
Enigma:

When we say that some of these teachings are informed by the anti-Christ spirit, that may sound over the top! But do people see a pattern to some of these teachings:

- You don't have to obey God
- You are God
- You are Christ
- You should not pray to or through Christ
- You stand in Christ's stead
- Jesus' (The Lord's) prayer is not for mature Christians
- When you give you lay hold on eternal life

At the least, each and every one of those limited examples contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ; what spirit informs a habit of consistently contradicting the teachings of Christ other than the anti-Christ spirit.

The sad truth is, you have failed to indulge exactly what the bible descrbes the spirit of the anti-christ encompasses which involves non of those in bold in your post. Let me help you with one; Denying that Jesus came in the flesh - something that has a very deeper meaning spiritually.-
I will like you to tell me what LAW you have to obey to receive God's blessings packaged in Salvation. Salvation is more than Jesus's death on the cross!

Can I recommend you go study Ephesians Chapters 1 to 4 and pray yea the Holy Ghost to open your eyes of understanding to grasp the purpose of God's will in bring salvation to mankind in the way he chose to do it.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by OmoTier1(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Enigma,
Was Jesus not God? Did He undergo any training by the Father? Did Jesus not say that the things He said and Did was taught him by His Father,(the Holy Ghost)? So also, when you are born again,the Holy Ghost helps you to train your spirit in the things of God. Remember the biblical admonision?
"I commend you to God and to the WORD OF HIS GRACE which is able to BUILD you up into your INHERITANCE"

Being born again is a first which brings the total package of blessings, but you'ved got to train spirit to KNOW about and HOW to walk in these blessings!

Your seemingly timidity in stepping rightly into that which is already yours by reason of God's mercy and grace purposed in christ Jesus is evident in your write up.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by JeSoul(f): 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:
I will like you to tell me what LAW you have to obey to receive God's blessings packaged in Salvation. Salvation is more than Jesus's death on the cross!
But OmoTier, since when did God's blessings become sectioned off and seperated into different 'packages'? such that certain 'packages of blessings' have different requirements/non-requirements attached to them? Can you please show some scripture verses relating to this? Thanks.

Zikkyy:

unconditional birthright obedience-less blessings that's only accessible after obedience to certain conditions grin
But this one is free now cheesy don't you want blessing that doesn't require any work on your part?
Re: Unconditional Blessings by OmoTier1(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2011
JeSoul:

But OmoTier, since when did God's blessings become sectioned off and seperated into different 'packages'? such that certain 'packages of blessings' have different requirements/non-requirements attached to them? Can you please show some scripture verses relating to this? Thanks.

But this one is free now cheesy don't you want blessing that doesn't require any work on your part?

I said TOTAL PACKAGE! Also, i think you are confusing REWARDS for BLESSINGS. If you have to do something to achieve a thing, then that can't be called a BLESSING, rather a REWARD.
If you think you have to do something to get God's blessing as a christian, the explained this scripture to me and note the words in CAPS;
Ephesian 1 vs 3 "Praise be to the God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has [b]BLESSED US (past tense) with EVERY SPIRITUAL (how many blessing?)BLESSING in CHRIST"(where again is the christian?)

On blessing and reward,I would like to expantiate further but like you may know, there is a message for babes and a message for the mature, hence I would leave it at that but please explain the meaning of the scriptures above.
Re: Unconditional Blessings by nlMediator: 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^

Obviously, you're operating at a much higher level than the rest of the people here. Because nobody seems to make sense out of the stuff you're saying. Or could it be that you do not understand the concepts well yourself?
Re: Unconditional Blessings by yommyuk: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
Hebrew 5:9-10
Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience for the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a prefect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those WHO OBEY him

As the Son (Jesus) obeyed the Father by submitting completely to the Father's will, so those who come to him for salvation MUST OBEY him.

1 Peter 1:2

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy. As a result, you have obeyed him and have been cleansed by the blood of  Jesus Christ.

When God knows a person, it means he chooses that person by entering into a relationship and dwelling inside that person via the Holy Spirit. When the Spirit of God is in you, obedience becomes your nature. disobedience becomes alien to you.

Acts 5:29
But Peter and the apostles replied, " We must obey God rather than any human authority"

Acts 4:19
But Peter and John replied, "Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him?

Bottomline. What does it mean to be obedient to God?

By doing that which pleases him. In essence, doing the will of God.

What gives us the ability to obey God?

Acts 5:32

"We are witnesses of these things and so is the Holy Spirit, who is given by God to those who obey him."
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Enigma(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

@Enigma,
Was Jesus not God? Did He undergo any training by the Father? Did Jesus not say that the things He said and Did was taught him by His Father,(the Holy Ghost)?
Jesus' Father was the Holy Ghost?   This one is new on me oh! Perhaps you didn't express yourself well! Do you want to restate this so we understand you clearly?

Omo_Tier1:
So also, when you are born again,the Holy Ghost helps you to train your spirit in the things of God. Remember the biblical admonision?
"I commend you to God and to the WORD OF HIS GRACE which is able to BUILD you up into your INHERITANCE"

Indeed the Holy Spirit does teach teach the Christian. The Christian does have to obey God and this obedience brings certain blessings to the Christian.

However, I do not think you were talking about the Christian because the "person" you are talking about does not have to obey God to receive any blessing; please correct me if I've misrepresented you. Also, what you wrote was that "God does not have to obey God to bless God." Again, here my understanding is that this "new creation" person you are talking about (as opposed to a Christian) is the "God who does not have to obey God to bless God". But then you then said this new creation/God has to "train" his spirit! So this God who does not have to obey God to bless God needs to "train" his spirit? Is he really still God then?

Omo_Tier1:
Being born again is a first which brings the total package of blessings, but you'ved got to train spirit to KNOW about and HOW to walk in these blessings!

Please explain this "total package of blessings" thing! If you could, please list all the types of blessing included in this "total package"!

Would the blessings included within the "total package" take in (a) long life, which Joagbaje tells us is not unconditional but indeed is conditional on honouring your father and mother; or (b) "prosperity" which also Joagbaje tells us is not unconditional but is conditional upon giving to the pastor or sowing into the pastor's life?

Again, also, I am still baffled that this new creation/God still has to "train his spirit" in the first place and, secondly, to do this in order to walk in blessings that are supposed to be unconditional!

Omo_Tier1:
Your seemingly timidity in stepping rightly into that which is already yours by reason of God's mercy and grace purposed in christ Jesus is evident in your write up.

Well, I am only a Christian who needs to obey God as Christ taught and as the apostles taught and as the Bible teaches. I am not the "God" that you are talking about who does not need to obey God to bless God!
Re: Unconditional Blessings by Enigma(m): 12:22am On Jul 06, 2011
Actually, there is a rather grave matter which should be highlighted and which shows why people like Oyakhilome are untrustworthy and that Joagbaje and co really ought to be ashamed of him.

Oyakhilome says:
Joagbaje:

-pastor chris

Actually, anukulapo provided some scriptures to counter this nonsense above but I think it is good to quote them for sake of clarity.

John 14:15
If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 15:10
If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

1 John 5:3
This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome

Meanwhile, I half-expect Joagbaje to slink away quietly again --- though he can be expected to resume "preaching" this nonsense some other time!
Re: Unconditional Blessings by OmoTier1(m): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2011
Enigma:

Jesus' Father was the Holy Ghost?   This one is new on me oh! Perhaps you didn't express yourself well! Do you want to restate this so we understand you clearly?

Let me start by saying, WE all,(including myself) submits humbly to learn and that is why I make references to scriptures in CONTEX as much as I can.Let me address the issues you raised one after the other.

1. Jesus, the bible says was CONCEIVED of the Holy Ghost [Mat 1 vs 18].This statement is emphatic, needs no other interpretation neither is it self contrasting!

PLEASE, understand what follows next that it is said with all reverential fear and honour to the almighty God, to whom all glory belongs and no other.

If you study very carefully John chapters 5 to 8,there, you will observe several revealing statements made by our Lord Jesus and I will pick one out, "My Father that DWELLS IN ME doeth these works". Whoelse did the bible tell us dwelleth on Jesus at the testimony of God himself? All through the bible, from Genesis, you will observe that EVERY work done by God was carried out by the Holy Ghost who lives/resides in God. And Jesus said expressly the Holy Ghost proceeds from God.

Now I know the thinking here is, some people will see this as an attempt to deny God his headship, but absolutely NOT and I will explain the very purpose why that statement in Mat 1 vs 18 was put therein by the spirit, but not in this discussion as it will derail the focus of this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Picture Of OBJ And Pa Oshoffa In The 70's / On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.