Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) (2811 Views)

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread / ***tecno R7 Official Thread/guide*** / Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by BankoleO1: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2011
Hello everyone, I created this thread for BB users I would be teaching cool stuff you can do on your BB. Like upgrading or downgrading your BB OS etc feel free to ask questions and i will do my best to answer them.
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by BankoleO1: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2011
First I will show you how to upgrade your BB OS, but before you do that you have to check your current BB OS version. Do this by following below:

From your home screen----->Options---->Device--->About Versions>You would see your current BB OS version. mine is v6.0.0.600 that's the OS version am using check the screen shot below

Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by BankoleO1: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2011
Now that you know how your current BB OS Version, you can choose to upgrade before then you must have the following before you can upgrade.

1.Blackberry Desktop Manager, download here( http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/)
2.Blackberry OS you want to upgrade with (Request and I will post the link or visit blackberry website)
3.Blackberry USB cable
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by BankoleO1: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
I am going to put you through the process by using the following steps below:

* Step 1 = Backing Up Your Devices Main Information Using Desktop Manager (very important)

* Step 2 = Backing Up Third-Party Applications with BB Swiss Army Knife

* Step 3 = Wiping Device Memory Using BB Swiss Army Knife

* Step 4 = Loading A New Operating System Onto Your Device

* Stept 5 = Resending Your Service Books & Restoring Your Data
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by BankoleO1: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
There are two types of backups that you will become familiar with.

1. The Device Backup using the Desktop Manager which is also referred to as "DM".

&

2. The Third-Party App backup, which does like it says, it saves all of the third-party application information into a file on your PC to be restored at any time.

Backup using the Desktop Manager

1. Connect your device to your PC with your USB cable.

2. Open your Desktop Manager software.

3. Click on Backup and Restore and then click Backup

4. Choose the location of where you would like to save the backup file.

5. Click save and wait for the process to finish

6. When finished, it will say the backup was successfully created

Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by tluv2(f): 9:18am On Jul 22, 2011
Hi Bankole, I dunno if u can help. I upgraded my OS 5 to OS 6 buh since den ma fone has been hanging seriously, to d extent dat I do a hard reset about 7 times everyday, is it possible to downgrade it back or is dere anyting else u can suggest. I use a curve 3, hoping to hear frm u soonest. Tanks plenti
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 22, 2011
guy you are doing a good job
please keep it up, thanks
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Lawalmd(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
T-luv what kind of os6 did you upgrade with if its a leaked version then you might some problems with your curve 3 but if you can get an official os6 for the curve 3 then you wont have any problem with your curve because ive done two separate os6 upgrade on my curve 3 and i dont experience any problem with it

Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Lexusgs430: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2011
Lawalmd:

T-luv what kind of os6 did you upgrade with if its a leaked version then you might some problems with your curve 3 but if you can get an official os6 for the curve 3 then you wont have any problem with your curve because ive done two separate os6 upgrade on my curve 3 and i dont experience any problem with it

She probably performed a force upgrade without considering her hardware configuration.
I have performed well over 500 upgrades and firmware updates, with no issues at all.
Best way to upgrade is through blackberrys official website.
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Lexusgs430: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
t-luv:

Hi Bankole, I dunno if u can help. I upgraded my OS 5 to OS 6 buh since den ma fone has been hanging seriously, to d extent dat I do a hard reset about 7 times everyday, is it possible to downgrade it back or is dere anyting else u can suggest. I use a curve 3, hoping to hear frm u soonest. Tanks plenti

Your best bet is to downgrade. This downgrade function, you can perform yourself.
Log unto blackberry.com, download desktop software version,connect your phone to your computer via usb cable, make sure your computer is online during process and you also have a BIS enabled sim card in the phone @ the point of downgrade.
Watch screen and follow prompts.
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Lawalmd(m): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2011
I believe with proper guidance she can still get the Os6 running smoothly on her curve3, maybe she should contact you for that
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by allexxs(m): 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
Dnt know if their is adobe flash for blackberry already, thanks guys, you're doin a great job
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by thomasjohn: 1:44am On Jul 31, 2011
pls anyone wit BB boss activation code,been trying to do a direct shrink on my phone but i dnt hav d code,pls help
johnthomas2009@yahoo.com
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by BankoleO1: 1:29am On Sep 07, 2011
t-luv:

Am very sorry for the late reply, I have been away from Nairaland due to the nature of my job. its obvious you used a bad leaked OS version and yes its possible to downgrade back to your previous.

I suggest you download and upgrade Official upgrade not Leaked OS okay, if you are still in lagos I can help you do it. Am currently in lagos for an official office Assignment would be here for some days, if you want I can do it here for you.
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by linktel: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2011
how do i configure ma fone to watch youtube videos, a bold 4, pls lemme knw d steps to download movies too, thanks
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by oyenit(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2011
UP FOR GRAB BRAND NEW BB TOUCH FROM CANADA (ALREADY IN NAIJA) LAGOS
WHITE AND BLACK BB CURVES:- 45000
WHITE AND BLACK BB BOLD:- 60000
RED BB TOUCH:- 70000

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT TOPE

08033439409 OR VIA EMAIL oyenit@yahoo.com or through bb pin:- 2320e93e
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by walcolm(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2011
linktel:

how do i configure ma fone to watch youtube videos, a bold 4, pls lemme knw d steps to download movies too, thanks

you dont need any configuration to watch youtube, all you need is a strong 3G signal and you know youre getting full BIS coverage when you see 3G+bb icon displayed on ur BB, just so you know, the bb icon displayed means your BIS is up and running and is being provided by your 3G network,

once you have a strong signal as described above, just go to youtube and grab a video to play
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by walcolm(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2011
t-luv:

the first thing you have to note about the OS6 and above is that they take up much of the RAM of any BB device with 256MB and below and you will need to use a seriously shrinked version. if you are not tech savvy, i will advise you back up, wipe and reinstall OS5 to continue enjoying a smooth bb experience

another option is to just upgrade your bb and sell the one you have after wiping cool
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Akosbaba(m): 11:55pm On Oct 13, 2011
Can blackberry tour 9630 use os 6 without any problems
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Kellymann: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hi guys,

I have a blackberry bold 2 that recently started misbehaving. This started after a theme was installed on it. It just displays the theme background and nothing else and the keypad or any part of the phone will not respond. I flashed it and had OS 6 installed on it and it worked for a couple of days and the same issue started again.

Please I want to know what can be done to resolve this and possibly avoid a repeat occurrence.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by cupid4ig(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2011
downgrade it
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by eherbal(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2011
seems glo and etisalat dont work wit verizon help sad
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Wellas14(m): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2011
Are there any workable upgrades beyong 4.5 for BB pearl 8100?
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by ajekimreh: 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2011
Plz House, How Can i Delete Phone Book Names On My Black Berry Curve 2 8310 . i hav been trying it for so long now and any time i store a Number on my BB it will saved on phone memory not sim card.

plz how can i delete the names on phone memory?
Re: Nairaland Blackberry Official Thread(bb User's Only) by Niiade(m): 1:14am On Oct 24, 2011
I downloaded version 6 on M̶̲̥̅γ bold 2 and i would like to downgrade back to 5. Pls how do i do it ( *•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*.
«´¨`°•.◦ †нªηк's ◦.•°´¨`»
¸.•* (¸.•*´♥`*•.,)`*•.!.

(1) (Reply)

Letest:how To Check Your Subscription Balance On All Network In Nigeria / System Update For Tecno W4 / Mtn Night Plan Is Now Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.