Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,219 members, 7,780,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:47 PM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23093 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2011
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3673011/Nigerian-mum-Bimbo-Ayelabola-flew-into-Britain-and-had-quins-on-the-NHS.html

A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS, The Sun can reveal.
Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had been taking twice the prescribed dose of a potent fertility drug while at home in Lagos.

Within days of discovering she was expecting she obtained a visitor's visa for Britain.

And she ended up getting the best treatment possible on the NHS following an emergency Health Service scan which showed she was expecting four babies.

After months of taxpayer-funded care - costing an estimated £200,000 - Bimbo had a complex Caesarean op 32 weeks into her pregnancy on April 28.

Doctors at Homerton Hospital, in Hackney, East London, then discovered there was a fifth baby.

Now, two months later, Bimbo is applying to the Home Office to extend her stay in the UK because boys Tayseel and Samir and girls Aqeelah, Binish and Zara - although healthy - are too fragile to fly home.

Bimbo is also arguing that there is no "support network" of family and friends left in Nigeria to help her bring up her kids because they are all in the UK already.

Bimbo's husband Ohi, 37, is not. He came to Britain to visit her in hospital but fled back to Nigeria after discovering it was a multiple pregnancy and he faced being responsible for the brood.

The Home Office will now decide whether to grant Bimbo a six-month extension of her visa which expired on June 27.

Officials are also considering sending her a bill for the huge cost of her six months of care which included treatment by consultants, paediatricians, nurses, midwives, social workers and back-up staff. But Bimbo would be unable to pay anyway.

She insists she had no idea she was expecting more than one child when she sought a UK visa after getting pregnant in November.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by worry246(m): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2011
The NHS should harvest her organs for transplants to recover the costs.
The children can be sold to rich pop stars like Maddona so that UK tax payers do not meet the bill.
All women coming to UK should be made to take pregnancy test and sent home if pregnant.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
worry246:

The children can be sold to rich pop stars like Maddona so that UK tax payers do not meet the bill.
All women coming to UK should be made to take pregnancy test and sent home if pregnant.

Agreed!
These are the kind of people abusing the system, is she trying to say that there are no healthcare facilities in Nigeria capable of performing a C-section?! After UK government don tax my blood finish dem go come use my hard earned taxes pay for this crap angry angry angry
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2011
It's human nature, to want the best for your children. Given the complexity and cost of her CS to deliver 5 babies, I applaud her foresight in coming to the UK for care and delivery. Had she remained in Nigeria for the birth, she and her Quins may have died.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
claremont:

These are the kind of people abusing the system, is she trying to say that there are no healthcare facilities in Nigeria capable of performing a C-section?! After UK government don tax my blood finish dem go come use my hard earned taxes pay for this crap angry angry angry

No doubt there are decent healthcare facilities in Nigeria, but considering this lady had a miscarriage, she was right in choosing to have her quins born here. Yes, it's a blatant abuse of the system, but when it comes to a situation that may be life-threatening, I would do the same, and so would many others. How many people would play Russian Roulette with their wife's life, or that of their unborn children?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2011
Siena:

No doubt there are decent healthcare facilities in Nigeria, but considering this lady had a miscarriage, she was right in choosing to have her quins born here. Yes, it's a blatant abuse of the system, but when it comes to a situation that may be life-threatening, I would do the same, and so would many others. How many people would play Russian Roulette with their wife's life, or that of their unborn children?
So is it right for our taxes to be used to foot the NHS bill of persons who are not legally resident here? I think not! I am not against her coming to the UK to take advantage of modern healthcare facilities SO LONG AS SHE FOOTS THE BILL HERSELF! It is a NATIONAL Health service for UK residents alone, not an INTERNATIONAL Health service.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by N101: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2011
She takes too much of the fertility drug (the outcome could have been much worse)

She comes to the UK to have her babies.

So far, in a cash-strapped NHS, and with nothing more than a Visitor's Visa I'm sure, she has run up a bill of £200,000. How will she repay this?

She now wants to stay in the UK.  Where is her husband in all this and what does he think, or does his opinion not matter?

Miscarriage is not nice for anyone, she's had her babies but she should not be allowed to stay. There are no "extenuating circumstances" in this.  Next thing she will want to complain that there is no family to help out so has to bring her elderly mother and sisters. If she funded the whole thing, including hospital stay I wouldn't have a problem with this, but a flagrant abuse of the system I have no sympathy with.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by steve13(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2011
Worry246 and claremont,u guys are simply wicked,so u prefer another person to spend the tax payers money than your sister,wait are u expecting the tax back from the Uk gov or what?do u know what it takes a woman to deliver 1 baby talk less of that much?the stingy ness is now mixed with ur red Blood cell,u need another fresh blood from elsewhere to digest the stingy blood you have,so u are telling me that if u meet that woman u can't buy her a tin of baby food?if both of were GOD,there will be no rain or sunshine .

1 Like

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
claremont:

So is it right for our taxes to be used to foot the NHS bill of persons who are not legally resident here? I think not! I am not against her coming to the UK to take advantage of modern healthcare facilities SO LONG AS SHE FOOTS THE BILL HERSELF! It is a NATIONAL Health service for UK residents alone, not an INTERNATIONAL Health service.

Bro Claremont, when it comes to the lives and safety of our loved ones, there's no right or wrong. I was born and raised here, and know the system. I've also spent 14-odd years of my life in Nigeria. I'm aware of the mortality rate during normal, single delivery. My own mother lost two children after me, and nearly died the last time.

I don't know if you're married with children, but hand on heart, if your wife had had any sort of complications, and had suffered a miscarriage, if you though she would stand a better chance in the UK or US, you could afford the flight, but not the bill, would you hesitate to send your wife abroad? This lady clearly didn't know her pregnancy was multiple before she left Nigeria, or what the bill would be!

People tend to paint Nigeria black, and forget what happens in the UK! If you're concerned about your taxes, then I'd advice you to look closer to home! Britain is full of crooked MP's who "fudge" their expense accounts, claiming money for houses they don't live in. This year alone, two 3 MP's have been jailed for fraud, and these are just 3 I can recall. This is funded by taxpayers, yet no one seems to kick up a stink.

And bro - your highlighted comment above saddens me. To hear a fellow BLACK Nigerian make such a comment about a fellow Nigerian sister beats me. The very same comment was made by a white Fascist in "My Sun" online, word for word, where this topic was being discussed, I presume you lifted your comment from there.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2011
steve_101:

Worry246 and claremont,u guys are simply wicked,so u prefer another person to spend the tax payers money than your sister,wait are u expecting the tax back from the Uk gov or what?do u know what it takes a woman to deliver 1 baby talk less of that much?the stingy ness is now mixed with your red  Blood cell,u need another fresh blood from elsewhere to digest the stingy blood you have,so u are telling me that if u meet that woman u can't buy her a tin of baby food?if both of were GOD,there will be no rain or sunshine .
Guy, it is not about being wicked or not. Look at this issue objectively;
1. Her sole aim of coming to the UK was to benefit from the free healthcare the NHS provides, which she would have otherwise paid through her nose in Nigeria, ILLEGAL!
2. Her visa clearly states that there is "NO recourse to public funds", ILLEGAL!
3. The NHS is cash-strapped at the moment, and can barely cope with caring for UK tax payers. I have to wait for 2 weeks to get a GP appointment.
4. Her actions may now lead to a change in the law that will make all visitors in the UK INELIGIBLE for any NHS care whatsoever, even under emergency, or make all female visitors subject to compulsory pregnancy testing.
There is no reason to be emotional about this, it is clear black and white.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
Siena:

Bro Claremont, when it comes to the lives and safety of our loved ones, there's no right or wrong. I was born and raised here, and know the system. I've also spent 14-odd years of my life in Nigeria. I'm aware of the mortality rate during normal, single delivery. My own mother lost two children after me, and nearly died the last time.

I don't know if you're married with children, but hand on heart, if your wife had had any sort of complications, and had suffered a miscarriage, if you though she would stand a better chance in the UK or US, you could afford the flight, but not the bill, would you hesitate to send your wife abroad? This lady clearly didn't know her pregnancy was multiple before she left Nigeria, or what the bill would be!

People tend to paint Nigeria black, and forget what happens in the UK! If you're concerned about your taxes, then I'd advice you to look closer to home! Britain is full of crooked MP's who "fudge" their expense accounts, claiming money for houses they don't live in. This year alone, two 3 MP's have been jailed for fraud, and these are just 3 I can recall. This is funded by taxpayers, yet no one seems to kick up a stink.

And bro - your highlighted comment above saddens me. To hear a fellow BLACK Nigerian make such a comment about a fellow Nigerian sister beats me. The very same comment was made by a white Fascist in "My Sun" online, word for word, where this topic was being discussed, I presume you lifted your comment from there.

I have to wait for 2 weeks to have a 10 minute appointment with my GP, on the other hand, people who don't even pay taxes just fly in from wherever and go straight to the hospital ward. I had to pay out of my own pocket to get an eye exam by the optician because the NHS did not cover that. It is not an issue of Fascism or Racism, for God sake I am a Nigerian, it is an issue of fairness at this time of economic recession and belt tightening. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually this lady and her kids are giving some form of weekly benefit allowance, what do you expect from the ConDemd government! angry
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by N101: 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2011
steve_101:

Worry246 and claremont,u guys are simply wicked,so u prefer another person to spend the tax payers money than your sister,wait are u expecting the tax back from the Uk gov or what?do u know what it takes a woman to deliver 1 baby talk less of that much?the stingy ness is now mixed with your red  Blood cell,u need another fresh blood from elsewhere to digest the stingy blood you have,so u are telling me that if u meet that woman u can't buy her a tin of baby food?if both of were GOD,there will be no rain or sunshine .

I think you miss the point.  One of the things they do when applying for a visa is check you don't have "recourse to public funds".  In accepting a visa, it is on the premise that you won't use the NHS or benefits system as you are not legally entitled to. Anything else is an abuse of the system.  

If my family are entitled to free NHS treatment, fine.  If they are not, I would take out insurance to make sure they are covered here, rather than expect the UK taxpayers to foot the bill. I know people who have brought family over and paid for their NHS treatment, not because they are wealthy but they know the right thing to do, even though it meant personal sacrifice.

Tell me how many hospitals in Nigeria would treat a foreigner for free.  The only reason people abuse it in the UK is that they stick to the medical principle of treat first, ask questions after.  I bet if she went to the US she'd have to foot an even bigger hospital bill.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2011
worry246:

The children can be sold to rich pop stars like Maddona so that  UK tax payers do not meet the bill.

That is very st/upid  thing to say, to me her life and that of her kids are more important than whatever it cost the NHS. Yes its wrong to abuse the system but this situation calls for some common sense.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
justwise:

That is very st/upid  thing to say, to me her life and that of her kids are more important than whatever it cost the NHS. Yes its wrong to abuse the system but this situation calls for some common sense.

The question is when is this "common sense" going to stop eventually. People have been abusing this "common sense" for decades, and this has contributed in no small measure to the mess we experience in the NHS today. I know of people in Nigeria with long term visiting visas who travel all the way to the UK to see their GP at the slightest whim, yet people who live here have to deal with long waiting times for a 10 minute GP appointment.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by ada24: 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2011
claremont:

I have to wait for 2 weeks to have a 10 minute appointment with my GP, on the other hand, people who don't even pay taxes just fly in from wherever and go straight to the hospital ward. I had to pay out of my own pocket to get an eye exam by the optician because the NHS did not cover that. It is not an issue of Fascism or Racism, for God sake I am a Nigerian, it is an issue of fairness at this time of economic recession and belt tightening. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually this lady and her kids are giving some form of weekly benefit allowance, what do you expect from the ConDemd government! angry

first off u need to look for a new GP - 2 weeks that just ridiculous, as for the eye exam - um there are a lot of special offers that can give u a free eye exam or reduced rate - also if u work with a computer as part of your job it is u can actaully get free eye tests thru ur company (in the form of coroprate vouchers) u should also get money off ur glasses.

As a mother I am not sure how i feel about this case, I thank God I gave birth to my daughter here in the UK (and b4 people want to bring up old posts I have paid into the system) I know if I had given birth in Nigeria I might not be here (not saying women don't give birth safely there as millions clearly do) if this women felt that she had a better chance of good quality healthcare I am very sure all of you would do the same.

The issue I have with this story is that its from the Sun and that paper is really not a quality paper. Another one is this "missing" husband - those of us in the UK know that as a single mother with kids - u get a lot more sympathy from the welfare state. Not nice but the fact. I personally believe she has been advised to say her husband left her.

Please those of u in Nigeria help me with this question - so its possible to buy fertility drugs over the counter and then take them anyhow?? na wah o!!! I'm no doctor but even I KNOW THAT YOU INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF MULTIPLE BIRTHS WITH FERTILITY DRUGS.

anyway what is done is done, what we should be talking about is how disgraceful an OPEC country cannot provide first class healthcare for its citizens - this is what people should be worried about and not how many mansions u can build if u leave abroad and settle in nigeria.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2011
claremont:

The question is when is this "common sense" going to stop eventually. People have been abusing this "common sense" for decades, and this has contributed in no small measure to the mess we experience in the NHS today. I know of people in Nigeria with long term visiting visas who travel all the way to the UK to see their GP at the slightest whim, yet people who live here have to deal with long waiting times for a 10 minute GP appointment.

I'm not talking about pple who deliberately abuse the system, for me, pple like that should be made to pay double, but this lady's situation is very different, even a premier league footballer will struggle to cope if the wife gave birth to  quins, i mean, this is not just ordinary child birth, i feel sorry for the lady, i don't care how much it cost the NHS cos the lives of those 5kids and their mother is priceless.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by juzme: 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
I still doubt if the woman was not aware that she was expecting multiple. Because if she has the money to fly to UK and also very much in need of a baby then she would have done Ultra scan to find out what is inside her womb.
As for the bill, if she can, she should pay some of the bill and I don’t think they will jail her for not paying the rest. I don’t see why her bill should be a problem except for her visa extension.  Most people who do have multiple usually get support.
There should be need to lie in this situation , it is great that she has all her babies alive. She just need to be honest so that people in the same situation will not suffer because of her deception.
Most Nigerian suffer from what others have done abroad
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by steve13(m): 11:13pm On Jul 03, 2011
All I can spell right now is selfish and heartless .N101, clemont and worry246 pls copy. All other that's said nice things,thank God she is Safe with the babies, today in my church ,there was a child dedication,when they came to the front for the prayers,every one started crying,I mean the man was holding the baby and was crying bitterly,WHY ohhhhh the wife didn't make it out of that labor room,she died, only the baby was left alone in this cold world,I cried,I just cried now again.we are talking about babies here,God's gift ohh and some people are telling me trash, do u know how much it cost to send troops to iraq and afghan?God have mercy on 3 of you.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 11:18pm On Jul 03, 2011
This woman's stories just doesn't add up.
1. Why oh why would a heavily pregnant lady not know that she is carrying more than one babies?!
2. She claims there is "no support network" for her in Nigeria; on the contrary, Nigeria has one of the best social support networks for pregnant/nursing mothers.
3. Her husband abandoned her on hearing the news; what a load of s/h?i/t?e! Nigeria is not known for having "feckless" dads, why would a husband travel to the UK, and then go back to Nigeria when he knows his wife is enjoying the best treatment money can buy?!
4. She knew the possibility of having multiple fetuses because it is clearly written on the leaflet of the fertility pill she was on.
In my opinion, this lady carefully and fraudulently planned to abuse the NHS. As soon as she and her kids are well enough to travel, she should be flown to Nigeria, her visa revoked until she and her husband pays every dime owed to the NHS. angry
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
claremont:

1. Why oh why would a heavily pregnant lady not know that she is carrying more than one babies?!
2. She claims there is "no support network" for her in Nigeria; on the contrary, Nigeria has one of the best social support networks for pregnant/nursing mothers.3. Her husband abandoned her on hearing the news; what a load of s/h?i/t?e! Nigeria is not known for having "feckless" dads, why would a husband travel to the UK, and then go back to Nigeria when he knows his wife is enjoying the best treatment money can buy?!4. She knew the possibility of having multiple fetuses because it is clearly written on the leaflet of the fertility pill she was on.In my opinion, this lady carefully and fraudulently planned to abuse the NHS. As soon as she and her kids are well enough to travel, she should be flown to Nigeria, her visa revoked until she and her husband pays every dime owed to the NHS. angry

I don't believe her story that she didn't know that she was carrying more than one baby , yes she does know that but she told those lies to give her kids the best chance of survival and i got no problem with that, the NHS can bill her, no amount is worth more than those 5 precious kids.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by N101: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2011
@ ada24 - yes it can take up to two weeks just to get an appointment with a GP.

Some of us do have to pay for our own eye tests, the only good thing is that you might find a good deal with one of the opticians. Last time I checked most of the major ones seem to be doing some kind of deal so you can get money off. Might not be a lot, but every little helps.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

The size of a pregnant lady's belly doesn't always correlate with the number of babies she's carrying. She was 32 weeks gone. Just the same way a lady could be 5 months pregnant, and not be aware of the fact.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2011
The story has made tomorrow dailymail front page

Milking of the health service: NHS pays £200k bill for Nigerian health tourist's five babies and provides free IVF for single mother, 39

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010934/Milking-health-service-NHS-pays-200k-Nigerian-health-tourists-babies-provides-free-IVF-single-mother-39.html#ixzz1R5QM36oC
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by ada24: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2011
N101:

@ ada24 - yes it can take up to two weeks just to get an appointment with a GP.

Some of us do have to pay for our own eye tests, the only good thing is that you might find a good deal with one of the opticians. Last time I checked most of the major ones seem to be doing some kind of deal so you can get money off. Might not be a lot, but every little helps.

well I have never paid for an eye test in my life - like i said if you work with a computer as part of ur job u have to be provided with a eye test on a yearly basis thru ur employer.

2 weeks na wah o!!! I usually get an appointment on the day or a few days ahead if fully booked
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by N101: 12:33am On Jul 04, 2011
ada24:

well I have never paid for an eye test in my life - like i said if you work with a computer as part of your job u have to be provided with a eye test on a yearly basis thru your employer.

2 weeks na wah o!!! I usually get an appointment on the day or a few days ahead if fully booked

I did get Eye Care vouchers years ago but you only get them once you've worked with an organisation for a set amount of time (past your probation period etc).

Think it the appointment thing depends on where you live and the kind of practice. At first it surprised me when I first moved from one neighbourhood to another, but then I got used to it. By the time my appointment came up the symptoms had usually disappeared. It was a cure in itself, lol.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 6:30am On Jul 04, 2011
justwise:

The story has made tomorrow dailymail front page

Milking of the health service: NHS pays £200k bill for Nigerian health tourist's five babies and provides free IVF for single mother, 39

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010934/Milking-health-service-NHS-pays-200k-Nigerian-health-tourists-babies-provides-free-IVF-single-mother-39.html#ixzz1R5QM36oC

The latest news from the Daily Mail is that she has signed a 5-figure contract with a newspaper to tell "her story". Since she now has access to cash, she might as well do us a favour and pay her bill. She has done her bit in painting Nigeria negatively here in the UK, I wonder why she didn't just fly to the US and have her kids there so they can all be American citizens.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by oyewolejos(m): 6:51am On Jul 04, 2011
claremont:

The latest news from the Daily Mail is that she has signed a 5-figure contract with a newspaper to tell "her story". Since she now has access to cash, she might as well do us a favour and pay her bill. She has done her bit in painting Nigeria negatively here in the UK, I wonder why she didn't just fly to the US and have her kids there so they can all be American citizens.

I wonder too. Why go to a stingy country like UK when u know u wanna beat the system. Some Nigerians are honestly retard no offense. In the US she can get her way around the system and she won't pay a dime and all the babies will all be citizens and she will get a Green Card based on Humanitarian grounds. She will also has access to welfare like money,free baby food, low cost or no cost housing and free medical insurance.
Immigrants do this all the time and they don't make headlines in the US

God Bless America. Land of the free Indeed grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 7:03am On Jul 04, 2011
oyewolejos:

I wonder too. Why go to a stingy country like UK when u know u wanna beat the system. Some Nigerians are honestly slowpoke no offense. In the US she can get her way around the system and she won't pay a dime and all the babies will all be citizens and she will get a Green Card based on Humanitarian grounds. She will also has access to welfare like money,free baby food, low cost or no cost housing and free medical insurance.

God Bless America. Land of the free Indeed grin grin grin
Yes oh. In fact, I have long since made up my mind to have all my kids in the US, purely because I want them to enjoy the opportunities the US citizenship brings. UK is s/h?i/t?e to be honest!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 04, 2011
oyewolejos:

I wonder too. Why go to a stingy country like UK when u know u wanna beat the system. Some Nigerians are honestly slowpoke no offense. In the US she can get her way around the system and she won't pay a dime and all the babies will all be citizens and she will get a Green Card based on Humanitarian grounds. She will also has access to welfare like money,free baby food, low cost or no cost housing and free medical insurance.

From your post above, you would do the same as our Nigerian sister, just in a different country, and despite not having any complications which may be seen as life-threatening. Isn't that also milking the system? I can understand the white Brits letting off steam, but not you as a black brother. I drew the attention of some of my white buddies to this thread, and they were more sympathetic than you were. Very contrary.

I still state, crooked British MP's also defraud their country to the tune of millions. Why no hue and cry about them? Indeed, what do you as a tax payer have to say about them?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2011
Take a look here, and see where your "concerns" about your taxes should be directed, not towards a Nigerian woman who had complications, ending in a miscarriage, who put the safety of herself and her unborn children, by having an emergency CS in Britain.

http://emsnews./2009/05/22/calls-to-arrest-crooked-british-mps/
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by oyewolejos(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2011
Siena:

From your post above, you would do the same as our Nigerian sister, just in a different country, and despite not having any complications which may be seen as life-threatening. Isn't that also milking the system? I can understand the white Brits letting off steam, but not you as a black brother. I drew the attention of some of my white buddies to this thread, and they were more sympathetic than you were. Very contrary.

I still state, crooked British MP's also defraud their country to the tune of millions. Why no hue and cry about them? Indeed, what do you as a tax payer have to say about them?

Dude u got the wrong man. Am 1000% in support of whatever she did. i was just curious she went to the UK out of all countries. I think u trying to quote the other guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ajata-okwuru-ibeku Bad Road In Abia Receives Urgent Attention From FG / National Airline To Begin Operations This Year / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.