Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay (1769 Views)

Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga / The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry / 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay by k0be: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2007
Hate to generalize, but I'll post some of my reasons later.

one of them is copycatting
hollywood - nollywood

bbl
Re: Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay by cuteass1(f): 1:39am On Aug 16, 2007
k0be:

Hate to generalize, but I'll post some of my reasons later.

one of them is copycatting
hollywood - nollywood

bbl

You posted this since 5th august and said "later" . . when in ur dictionary is later? tongue

@ topic

their act of pilling the part1 of a movie with adverts and the part2 with half of the movie events from part1.

But nevertheless i love'em with all ma heart kiss
Re: Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay by k0be: 1:41am On Aug 16, 2007
You know what I'm sorry, I sooo forgot about this topic long-long-long-long ago! Thanks for reminding me sweetie, I'll see what I can come up with. kiss
Re: Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay by cuteass1(f): 1:44am On Aug 16, 2007
k0be:

You know what I'm sorry, I sooo forgot about this topic long-long-long-long ago! Thanks for reminding me sweetie, I'll see what I can come up with. kiss

Anytime dear wink
Re: Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay by k0be: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2007
too cheap and insufficient quality -extremely low-budget home-videos resulting in extremely poor quality films
scriptwriters fail to extol the virtues of Nigerians
disconnection between the content in most films and the cultural values of the Nigerian society
negative portrayal - hyper-extensive focus on murder, rituals, witchcraft, blood-money
the spotlight on western culture which of course clashes with traditional nigerian values
how can I forget the acting - with the exception of a few actors/actresses, the acting is simply atrocious. it's horrendous. it would be an insult to call it terrible because it's beyond terrible. ok maybe it's not that bad but you get it. ok I admit I exaggerated.

cute-ass, hey love, does this one do?
Re: Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay by k0be: 8:25am On Aug 16, 2007
Here are some thoughts and opinions I extracted from bbc.co.uk

"I can hardly recall a good Nigerian movie. Some of these movies spit on creativity not to mention the poor story lines, acting and camera shots. Surely, we in the art world should invest more for all round quality, and no excuses of shoe-string budgets! "
Enos, Nairobi, Kenya

"I don't watch them nor do I recommend them, because the producers and directors do not have well laid out storylines. They tend to glorify the social decadence in the upper class in Nigeria."
Tunde Odejayi, England

"For me I always prefer quality to quantity. Any Nigerian just wakes up one day and decides to make a movie! Movies are a passion, dedicate yourself to it and invest in it and you will get good returns."
Ike Okwuraiwe, Budapest Hungary

"Nigerian movies are ok in their story lines, but their production qualities are bellow zero point, noisy and the pictures are not clear. "
Chief Kanu, South Africa

"Nigerian films are horrible, the scripts are empty and poor. They always copy and remix the title of western hits. And, most of all, they are too artificial.
Billy Di Angelo, Nigeria

"Personally I do not watch Nigerian movies because many a time they clash with my Christian beliefs. How do I stand to benefit from such soap operas that depict witchcraft and other evils? Our own local production Kabanana is free of spirits and so I watch that one. "
Shuttie FN Libuta, Kitwe, Zambia

The "he enter ela moo je gba" insult goes to Anthony Okosun who writes:
"Nigerian movies are over glorified amateur drama sessions poorly captured in celluloid. The movies are seriously lacking in technical depth. The sound and picture qualities are of less than average quality. The movies are popular because in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Nollywood producers and directors must do all it takes to acquire cutting edge technical expertise from Hollywood. "

Of al the entries, this one captured my thoughts the best:
"I think because they relate to our lives we are more prone to love them compared to western movies. We love reality and they are real to us, irrespective of their shortcomings."
Osaigbovo Igbinosa, Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Greatest Anime / Manga Franchise. / AIT Is The Best TV Station In Nigeria: Do You Agree? / 5 Bad Guys In Movies We Love To Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.