Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? (3805 Views)

What Does Marriage Mean To You? / Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by chukwudi06(m): 8:27am On Jul 04, 2011
Does marriage mean more expenses?
Are you married or planning to get married one day? Have you ever stopped to count the financial costs of marriage as against its gains? Would you subscribe to the postulation that marriage from the wedding ceremony to maintaining the home and raising children, is financially draining?
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by ifyalways(f): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
chukwudi06:

Does marriage mean more expenses?
No
chukwudi06:

Are you married or planning to get married one day?
In already and enjoying every bit of it. kiss
chukwudi06:

Have you ever stopped to count the financial costs of marriage as against its gains?
No loss,so-so gains and blessings.Oluwa o she.
A trusted friend.
A shoulder to lean on,cry on and laugh with.
A biz partner.
A dad,boyfriend and lover to call on anytime,anyday.
A very private and residential abunna to quench the spirit anytime,anyday.
chukwudi06:

Would you subscribe to the postulation that marriage from the wedding ceremony to maintaining the home and raising children, is financially draining?
White wedding maybe.I really don't get the point undecided
Traditional and legal marriages,absolutely not.Worth every penny spent on it.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by usbcable(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2011
one reply front page, amazing undecided grin

just got married so may not be able to analyse totally.

but so far, its all good from all perspective
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by campbell05: 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
okay!!! time will tell. perhaps 2-4years from now.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by madoba: 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2011
Not married, but from what I've seen marriage (not the wedding ooh) does entail more expenses when:

1. Children are involved
2. There are school fees to be paid
3. Hospital bills to pay because of one mishap or the other, which children are bound to get into while growing up.
4. There are more mouths to feed, besides yours and so on.

Expenses shouldn't become a burden to dread but a necessary evil to be well trashed out through careful planning and combined resources from husband and wife.

The wedding itself doesn't have to drain you financially. And with all the expenses that come with marriage do remember that there are benefits too.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Tonyfrom: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
IT DEPENDS ON THE ANGLE YOU ARE LOOKING AT IT,IF YOU ARE A BIG BOI "MILLIONAIRE' AND YOU REALY WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE ,AS IN GIVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS THE BEST,
YOU COULD BE PAYING DENGERIOUS BILLS,why cos u want to send the Kids to Good schools,put them in a conducive atmosphere Bla,Bla,Bla .
I know men that are married that their wives struugle hard to ake care of the home While the MAN Sits down and Watch TV or Play chess. cry
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Kx: 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
usbcable:

one reply front page, amazing  undecided grin

Surprised too.
Sometimes one wonders what d basis of pushing a topic to the front page is.

To ur question, i think being alone is a lot more expensive than getting married.

Reason, a wife will appreciate N5k eg. when given to her but a girlfy will treat N5k as a preamble to the main dough
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by madoba: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kx:

To your question, i think being alone is a lot more expensive than getting married.

Reason, a wife will appreciate N5k eg. when given to her but a girlfy will treat N5k as a preamble to the main dough

I am sooooooo laughing out loud at the bolded part. grin
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by DaDoctor: 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
@poster
Marriage has its challenges financially, but the gains out weighs same.

If one intends to go into it somday. same should be with courage.

But from experience.,,,IT WILL SAVE YOU A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY AND U WOULD KNOW U ARE INVVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE RATHER THAN WHIRLING AWAY YOUR HARD EARNED ON SOME HOT LADIES AND FRIVOLITIES.

For me, i am happy taking care of my family cos IT ISNT A WASTE, BUT AN INVESTMENT
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Cuteobi(f): 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
Da Doctor:

@poster

But from experience.,,,IT WILL SAVE YOU A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY AND U WOULD KNOW U ARE INVVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE RATHER THAN WHIRLING AWAY YOUR HARD EARNED ON SOME HOT LADIES AND FRIVOLITIES.

For me, i am happy taking care of my family cos IT ISNT A WASTE, BUT AN INVESTMENT
Kx:

Surprised too.
Sometimes one wonders what d basis of pushing a topic to the front page is.

To your question, i think being alone is a lot more expensive than getting married.

madoba:

Not married, but from what I've seen marriage (not the wedding ooh) does entail more expenses when:

1. Children are involved
2. There are school fees to be paid
3. Hospital bills to pay because of one mishap or the other, which children are bound to get into while growing up.
4. There are more mouths to feed, besides yours and so on.

Expenses shouldn't become a burden to dread but a necessary evil to be well trashed out through careful planning and combined resources from husband and wife.

The wedding itself doesn't have to drain you financially. And with all the expenses that come with marriage do remember that there are benefits too.
THANK YOU! Well said
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
@Op, Not Expense but responsibility wink
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
ifyalways, I love your replies. That means you married the ideal man. I hope my babe perceives me as such.

A man should ensure that he is financially stable before venturing into marriage. I will like to marry today because I know am ready for it and will never see anything about is as a waste or expenses. It will be very humiliating for a man not to give his wife and children their well deserved comfort.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Decryptor(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
I have told myself and other young men who care to listen: Achieve all you can before you get married o! My parents (esp my mum) are on my neck to pick a wife cos i'm the only son but i have rebuffed the idea. Bought a piece of Land at Tungan-Maji area of Abuja and i must develop it before getting married. Shikenah! wink
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Bawss1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
Who are we kidding. Off course marriage is expensive.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Digriz(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2011
Marriage is enjoyable if u got d right partner.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Koolking(m): 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2011
Marriage becomes more expensive than being single if you marry the wrong person. Wrong person makes marriage regrettable.

He who finds a good wife finds a good thing and obtain favour from GOD. This is a divine commandment not fairy tale.

Even married to the right person, marriage has its ups and down, as DA DOCTOR puts:
Da Doctor:

@poster

You should not dread the ups & down in marriage, it is about being responsible

@ Da Doctor: It's been quite ages, how has it been?
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2011
be sharp and think like onyeocha. Have a dog or cat instead of kids, live in partners eliminate church wedding brouhaha(just kidding). Generally the average guy sees marriage as expensive, thats why marriage @ 30 and above is the rave now.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by ficoram(m): 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2011
Almost all ladies ll agree its not a waste,since they are not the one footing the bills.Lol
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by ogbori(m): 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2011

How on earth will marriage save you a whole lot? Are we talking about the man or the woman?

Marriage could be said to be like a business, it is what you put into it that you get, not that you automatically get a good save, good investment or progress with it.
Marriage give you more challenge, task and more expense. You want to meet your taste, your partners taste (which ordinarily would not have been) and a common taste (family thing).
You are prone to more expense from relations (both sides). You had a car, you need a second one. You need a bigger and better apartment.
Well, alot of men had been ruined undecided by it and others made grin

It simply denpend on your lifestyle, some people did better when single because they were able to do away with a lot of things. The good thing is, you just dont mind if you find yourself in a good one . .shikena
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2011
Ah Yeah!! more expenses but not ridiculous if you have a plan, but all in all its all worth it when I look at my wonderful family.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Odunharry(m): 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
9ja lowa kilon sele?
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by emmatok(m): 1:51am On Jul 05, 2011
ficoram:

Almost all ladies ll agree its not a waste,since they are not the one footing the bills.Lol

grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:18am On Jul 05, 2011
It means more responsibilities

To fulfill your responsibilities you need more money,
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by member479760: 7:05am On Jul 05, 2011
if you thinking of the expenses, pls dont marry, dont even near woman, save your money, when you pass way the savings will follow you.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by dayokanu(m): 7:11am On Jul 05, 2011
Definitely
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by DaDoctor: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2011
@KOOLKING,
I dey oh!!!
Bizness and research studies no gree man rest o!
lol

hope ur end is cool?
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Spyker: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2011
Yes, marriage means more expenses.

Let's look at it from this angle, a single person cares for himself/herself alone, all she gets good for his/her needs and pleasures but a married person will always consider himself/herself, his/her husband/wife and children and this mean more expenses.

Just like in every human endeavour, there are gains and there loses hence you can not for the sack of expenses run away from the gains. I wonder if Armstrong never stepped out of the Space rocket, would he have discovered that he landed on the moon?

Life is all about positive and negative, gain and lose hence the expenses in marriage is negligible over the years (At old age).
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by sayso: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2011
married with kids.I think it is more expenses and more gain later.If it goes wrong,which it has the tendencies to,it will then become disastrous to both species.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Koolking(m): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Da Doctor: I am basking in God's glory.

Don't worry, there is glory without cross, nothing do you my brother
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
More expenses? Sure.

But its a worthy investment.

Better than waking up at 70, all gray, dying and miserably alone.
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
Been married twice. First wedding ceremony was a total show even though I begged for a quiet wedding. Financially draining, cost millions,splashed in papers and magazines the marriage was also financially draining cos we spent loads of money trying to have kids and not forgeting medical bills from beatings and darling husbands drinking and gambling habit. Second wedding was a dream wedding quiet court wedding follwed by a simple candle light reception for 30 guests as lots of relatives who believed divorce is a sin refused to attend, dat was a blessing to me as I ve always hated crowds. The marriage proper, got preggy almost immediately I attend dat house, my dad jokinly told hibby dat it seems he laid ambush for me, got pregnant free of charge. We share expenses and manage resources, second hubby not as rich as first hubby financially but emotionally and mentally second hubby is d richest man in d world. Luckily we don't have younger ones to train. We live modestly and well witin our means, eat at home, create our own entertainment and treat ourselves once in a while. Baby came with extra expenses but we had planned and saved towards dat. So for me I will say depends on the kind of marriage and the understanding and cooperation of d couple
Re: Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? by DaDoctor: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2011
^^^ HOPE THERE WONT BE A THIRD WEDDING/MARRIAGE?^^

BECAUSE E BE LIKE SAY DIVORCE DEY YOUR BLOOD

NO VEX O!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Look So Older Than My Age! Will I Ever Get A Man To Marry Me? / Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria / Wazobia OceanView Estate IbejuLekki Facing Express Sells@Just #2m Per Plot(Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.