Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,637 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? (2132 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand. / Itching Of The Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by jydux(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2011
I know some people prefer their right hand wrist, but why is it common practice to wear it on the left?
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2011
I feel if you are a right-handed person, it would be convenient to put it on the left. Then if ur a lefty, wearing it on right hand will do. Thank you!
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by iice(f): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2011
I'm just used to it. I do sometimes wear it on my right hand but for the most part, my left.
I'm not lefty or righty. Whatever hand works, works tongue
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
iice:

I'm just used to it. I do sometimes wear it on my right hand but for the most part, my left.
I'm not lefty or righty. Whatever hand works, works tongue

BOTHY?
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
I have lefty in ma blood,but i feel weird putn it on right hand. It interrupts writing,
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by mukina2: 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
i am a lefty and i wear my watch on my left hand.
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2011
@mukina Even while writing?
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by kandiikane(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
I wear it which ever wrist feels comfortable. But usually on the right if the thought comes up when am about to wear it because I have a bangle I wear on my left.
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by kandiikane(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Emmyk, I know you
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by iice(f): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
Emmyk:

BOTHY?
Yes tongue
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by mukina2: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
Emmyk:

@mukina Even while writing?
yeah. i have a silver bracelet on my left hand that never comes off, so i wear my wrist watch on that hand as well. my right hand is free. i am used to my left hand, my right hand is just dia jare grin
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
kandiikane:

@Emmyk, I know you
really? where?  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by kandiikane(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
mukina2:

yeah. i have a silver bracelet on my left hand that never comes off, so i wear my wrist watch on that hand as well. my right hand is free. i am used to my left hand, my right hand is just dia jare  grin
I have the same but mine is a bangle,  Got it made by a Narr friend of my grandmother . Been on since 2005  grin grin grin grin grin do everything with it.

@Emmyk, you are talking to me now smiley I mean not on here
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
come to earth, I'm confused.
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by mukina2: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
kandiikane:

I have the same but mine is a bangle,  Got it made by a Narr friend of my grandmother . Been on since 2005  grin grin grin grin grin do everything with it.
oh ok, mine's been on since 2008, with a ring as well grin
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by kandiikane(m): 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Muki, I hope your ring is not attached to your bangle by that silver string thing lol shocked shocked grin

@EmmyK, I was just speaking to you recognised your pic on miss potato wall
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by mukina2: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
kandiikane:

@Muki, I hope your ring is not attached to your bangle by that silver string thing lol shocked shocked grin

you nor well grin

nope its not
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
kandiikane:

nice meetn u, what's ur fb name?
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by kandiikane(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
smiley
come on now with that name of mine you expect me to post it on here tongue
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by dempeople(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
I wear it on whichever wrist I like depending on which one I'm not bored with.
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Emmyk(m): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2011
kandiikane:

smiley
come on now with that name of mine you expect me to post it on here tongue
resolution's here cheesy
Re: Why Are Wristwatches Worn On The Left Hand Wrist? by Adeniki(f): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2011
I wear it on my left wrist, but@ve no idea why. I guess in a hospital situation it makes sense to have it on your left wrist to look at while you take patient's pulse with right hand (that said, we're now not allowed to wear wrist watches in hospitals at all!). Perhaps in everyday life it is the same - people wear it on their left hand so they can do other things with their right. Doesn't explain lefties though, maybe it's decades of being forced to conform by the right-handed majority joke!

(1) (Reply)

Great Edo Culture, Great Edo People, Great Edo State. / Ilara-mokin Indigenes, Where Are Thy Face? / Ifa/ Itefa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.