Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" (10642 Views)

Poll: The President's actions are:

Commendable: 57% (105 votes)
Ridiculous: 42% (78 votes)
This poll has ended

NASS Election: Obasanjo Writes PMB / Fani-kayode Celebrates Girlfriend's Birthday In A Special Way (photo) / 'Security Agents Tortured Me For 3 Weeks, Saying I Was Kabiru Sokoto’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by smile4kenn(m): 7:22am On Aug 06, 2007
Obasanjo spoke with journalists shortly before he wrote his semester examination at the Egba High School along with other candidates who for one reason or the other could not write the initial examination.

“I am not a special student. I am an ordinary student just like others here,” he told inquisitive journalists, who had laid siege to the secondary school after getting hint that he would write his papers.

Asked whether he was well prepared for the examination, Obasanjo, armed with mathematical set, rulers and pencils, responded: “You hang around and see whether I am prepared or not. Wait and see whether I am ready for it or not. I have my maths set, I have ruler, I have my pen, I also make provision for eventuality in case one stops working, I have already prepared very well for the examination.”

Read More: http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/aug/06/newsbreak-06-08-2007-001.htm
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Xris74: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2007
ABEOKUTA— FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday joined some other students of the National Open University to write his examination at the Egba High School, Asero, Abeokuta study centre of the institution.

In a brief chat with the newsmen, he said, “I am very prepared. I have my mathematical set. I have a ruler. I have pencils and pens. I make sure that I have more than one because one may stop working.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/august07/06082007/f606082007.html

Where are OBJ's classmates? Wetin concern Theology (OBJ;s course of study) with Maths-sets and calculator?grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by olanajim(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2007
This baba is taking his education seriously. I just hope the examiner would be bold enough to put red mark where it is applicable.

If children of rich men can induced a high scores just by using their father's names why should we expect the most powerful man(?) in Naija to fail a simple exam.

By the way, will he apply whatever he is learning ? Let wish him success anyway.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by ono(m): 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
LOL!!!

He's lost one of the nuts holding his brain in place!
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by free2ryhme: 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2007
guyz u believe everything you see abi? I thot nigerians were wiser than this dont you know that he cant speak comprehensiblely let alone write well how are we sure their would not be swapping of exam papers and give OBJ 100 over 100. why he no enter UNILAG or UNIBEN make we see whether he go pass any exams sef
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Seun(m): 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
He is a good example. A great man in my book. Besides, he is well prepared. He has his mathematical set! grin
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by McKren(m): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2007
I just cant stop loving this guy OBJ grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Ka: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
He is a good example. A great man in my book. Besides, he is well prepared. He has his mathematical set!
I saw this. . .    and I was puzzled. After all, the exam he is taking is on Christian Theology.

How do you use a protractor and a pair of compasses to assess the nature of divine forgiveness? 

Still, it's good that he's taking an interest in his education. Perhaps this means that the administration of NOUN will be taken seriously - after all, I'm sure the administrators wouldn't want him to descend on his wrath.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by benit(f): 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2007
Obj's classroom is really fine even finer than most VC's office
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Roscodaddy(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2007
My broda abeg help me ask OBJ,wetin concern maths set with Theology abi na who dem dey deceive
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by bugado(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2007
i love tihs man OBJ but ihave a question IS OBJ A STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OR UNVERSITY OF THE STUDENT
shocked LOL
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2007
well what can I say?

OBJ de great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by defor(m): 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2007
OBJ baba,

U too much!!
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by OBJ3(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2007
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.
for those who are yet to believe, continue looking
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by simpledee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2007
OBJ's action is commendable, I'm proud of him.

To the poster that said, OBJ would not be able to write an exam successfully because He doens't speak plush english, What do you mean by that. The man was Nigeria's President for 8yrs and you think he doesn't have anything upstairs? That's simply preposterious.

The fact that he is with technical tools, means his course requires them. You know the educational syllabus have changed, and truly theology students might be doing maths-related subjects. I learnt business students now do phyiscs and chemistry at the University.

I think the Baba is sure one Nigerian that is not bothered about what people say.

Bravo OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by OBJ3(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2007
tell them tell them.
how will theologians know how to calculate the sunday offering or know when business is going up or down. what can you do in this 21st century without the knowledge of mathematics.

the person wondering what mathematics is doing in theology is a crude specie from ancient times. no problem, umoru will soon tackle education and development so that people cant be daft again to make incongrous statements
nonsense angry
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by McKren(m): 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2007
simpledee:

OBJ's action is commendable, I'm proud of him.

To the poster that said, OBJ would not be able to write an exam successfully because He doens't speak plush english, What do you mean by that. The man was Nigeria's President for 8yrs and you think he doesn't have anything upstairs? That's simply preposterious.

The fact that he is with technical tools, means his course requires them. You know the educational syllabus have changed, and truly theology students might be doing maths-related subjects. I learnt business students now do phyiscs and chemistry at the University.

I think the Baba is sure one Nigerian that is not bothered about what people say.

Bravo OBJ.

Absolutely spot, I did philosophy and Logic, Nigeria People and Culture, Business Studies as an Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Student in Nigeria. People who are asking why OBJ had Maths Set have no clue what they are talking about. Do you know if the exam is Objective where he might need Shading and cleaning, or are people suggesting that He can no longer use a ruler to rule the heading of a topic if it is theory exam.

So tell me why a student who needs his pencil, cleaner and ruler should not take the whole maths set to the exam hall but the bits he needs??

OBJ does not care what the Media think about him, the man has done his bit for this country and has moved on. Nigerians should learn to move on and leave the old man alone.

He is simply great.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by kokoita: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2007
Obansanjo reminds us of the 90 years old student in otoronto university actualy this is ridiculous
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Elgaxton(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
good for Abj

At least the guy no get class mates

so nobody to bully around with EFCC grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Elgaxton(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
'em 'em

what course is he studying exactly?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by vichel(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
good point mckren, am sure u just shut them up, well this is an interesting story i guess, and commendable too
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by 9ja4eva: 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2007
Ha i sure say d examiner eye go blind with d kind grammar Obj go miswrite for dia.

Make dem no forget to publish him scores oh cos i sure say na Father Fried Egba him go score
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by tboy1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2007
Good For him, but you know who ever marks his paper WILL have to pass him.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Christino(m): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2007
Only Seun can mark OBJ's papers grin
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by PTH(m): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2007
OBJ is simply the most interesting president Nigerian ever had from a comedy point of view.

Carry go the Baba from otta farm, each day i grow to like this man even more.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2007
Baba never cease to amaze me, I love him, for who he is sha.  wink

Roscodaddy:

My brother abeg help me ask OBJ,wetin concern maths set with Theology abi na who them dey deceive

I bet you, he's got his Pencil for shading , Eraser for wiping out errors and his Biro in the maths set.  wink Pls, give him a break jo angry grin , He's got all it takes to pass unharmed.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by ayolom: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2007
What we will ever hear of is the fact that he wrote the exams

I hope the examiner will be bold enough to ensure that Baba has the deserved marks and nothing more.

The journalists should follow up and inform us of Baba's results.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by spikedcylinder: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2007
Even when he was still the president of this country, I admired him. You are never too old for education. We should encourage our parents to tow the same path.

To the person who said his English is bad, that is a lie. There's nothing wrong with his grammar, just the speed at which words come out from his mouth. He is a slow speaker but it doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by tboy1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2007
Do you know what will happen to the Examiner if he fails Baba. I'm sure the guy will even correct the section where baba missed. LOL
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by olanajim(m): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
Pass or fail, what would anyone do? He had seen it all.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2007
ayolom:

What we will ever hear of is the fact that he wrote the exams

I hope the examiner will be bold enough to ensure that Baba has the deserved marks and nothing more.

The journalists should follow up and inform us of Baba's results.

My brother, at least Baba deserves some commendation for attending classes and sitting for exams. How about those that got their certificate of Toronto wink  grin  lipsrsealed in the house, without passing through this kind of hurdle.

Ride on Baba, kiss  you tried jo, and worth emulation. I Commend your effort.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" by 9ja4eva: 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
Which kain respect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's Overdraft Billionaires / How Would You Rate The Nigerian Power Sector This Year? / Ismaila Yakubu Agba Killed In Kogi (APC Youth Leader)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.