Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,031 members, 7,803,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? (611499 Views)

Ladies, See The Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 (drug For Prevention Of Pregnancy) / Should I Take Postinor 2 Everytime? / Postinor How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by ogb5(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2012
Helps you to get HIV fast. Reliance on Postinor allows you to continue unprotected ssex
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by sleek29(m): 9:44am On Apr 20, 2012
i had sex with a girl on the 6th of this month, even though i withdrew i still made her take prostenor 2, 2 weeks after she still hasn't seen her period, could she be pregnant, or is the drug just delaying her menses? please help!!!
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Saraha1(f): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
Am learning
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by ayox2003: 2:18am On Apr 28, 2012
What are the early signs of pregnancy for a lady?
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by sahara92: 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
A friend of mine used a single tablet of prostinol 2 within 72hours and after 4 days she saw her period what is are chances of not getting pregnant.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by romero(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is a big mistake for any lady to wait till her next period b4 she nos if she is pregnant or not. PTStip is just N50, she must use it with her early morning urine to confirm if prgnt or not.2.it is very wrong for us guys to pour sperm inside a lady; we don't no her menstral cycle history, she could be ovulating.3.use condom, use withdrawal method or. Let her use postinor 2. 3. Learn how to calculate ovulation period.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by PHARMTOKI(f): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2012
It is very important for people to understand what you put on your body. I believe that's what the leaflet in the packets are for so you can have a little knowledge of what you are taking.In the simplest terms postinor contains synthetic or chemical hormones which are responsible for all the physiological changes we see in the body including the monthly menstrual cycle. Now a drug like postinor 2 will raise the level of the normal hormones in your body making it uncondusive for fertilization to occur amongst other things. Since hormones are responsible for periods,acne,moods etc. Some people may notice a change in these as well. So pleas make sure you read and get all your facts. P.s:there are a lot of fake meds out there so be careful. Always buy from licenced pharmacies.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ok
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by adadgister: 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hi, please help me out. i took the morning after pill after having sex with my boy friend on the 15th of july, i saw my period on the 26th of july but as of today 1st of september, i have not seen my period since then. I am 7 days late which has never happened before. My boyfriend and i have not had sex since the 15th of july. I have used 5 home pregnancy test kit first thing in the morning and they all come out negative but i seem to be having all sorts of pregnancy symptoms. larger breasts, abdominal pains, irritable bowel. I need some answers please. This is my first time of using a contraceptive pill. I wanna know if the pill i took in july is still messing with my hormones.

4 Likes

Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by homotee: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2012
My friend had sex 5days ago 4:35pm ind afternoon though she didn't know she's gonna have sex,so she took postinor2 12hours after d sex in the midnight i.e 3am sha. She's afraid if it will work coz she took d two at d same time, pls doctors ind house is this gonna work?
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by fatexcess: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2012
romero: Most post here are not correct. Most of us just post instead of of us to rean and learn. Anyway this is what I no abt postinor 2: It is a contraceptive wrongly used by ladies. It is not supposed to be used regularly. Postinor 2 is an emergency contraceptive used when there is an unprotected sex withing 72 hrs(three days). it's efficacy reduces after each day. It does not abort pregnancy after day 3. Side effects are: ladies who uses it as regular use sometimes have fertility problems. It can cause nosea and vomiting. I have seen ladies who are having fertility problems bcs they used pnor 2. My personal advise are: ladies should learn abt fertility and family planning. If u no when u ovulate, u will not allow any man pour sperm inside u.ur Ovulation starts 14th or 15th day from d day u starts menstrating. It last 3-5 days. But mind u, 5 days b4 u ovulate is most fertile in ur cycle. Use postinor 10 for regular contraceptive instead of 2. Call me if u want clarification. Cycle bead can also help u to prvt pregnancy.

I really lyk wat u post pls I want u 2 teach me better tanx
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by fatexcess: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2012
romero: It is a big mistake for any lady to wait till her next period b4 she nos if she is pregnant or not. PTStip is just N50, she must use it with her early morning urine to confirm if prgnt or not.2.it is very wrong for us guys to pour sperm inside a lady; we don't no her menstral cycle history, she could be ovulating.3.use condom, use withdrawal method or. Let her use postinor 2. 3. Learn how to calculate ovulation period.
pls wat wil I do if I become pregnant and I dnt want d child
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Enoh1(m): 6:14am On Oct 28, 2012
[b][/b]
adadgister: Hi, please help me out. i took the morning after pill after having sex with my boy friend on the 15th of july, i saw my period on the 26th of july but as of today 1st of september, i have not seen my period since then. I am 7 days late which has never happened before. My boyfriend and i have not had sex since the 15th of july. I have used 5 home pregnancy test kit first thing in the morning and they all come out negative but i seem to be having all sorts of pregnancy symptoms. larger breasts, abdominal pains, irritable bowel. I need some answers please. This is my first time of using a contraceptive pill. I wanna know if the pill i took in july is still messing with my hormones.
have you seen your period now or is the drug still messing with your hormones? Pls reply ASAP
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by benky(m): 6:01am On Nov 03, 2012
a friend of mine took postinor2 less dan 2hr of unprotected sex,ds was 2days after her cycle ended..after 2days of takin postinor2 started noticing whitish substance coming out of her,2days after dt blood like substance like her menses bt nt 2 heavy strted coming out..is it a sign dt d posinor2 had bin effective on her or is it early pregnancy symptoms?..i nid answers ASAP as its ongoing ryt nw ds is d 3rd day of her experiencing d blood like substance coming out of her..tnx.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Mcfemad(m): 6:52am On Nov 03, 2012
In either way, you are right. But let your friend go see a doctor asap, less there's fire on the mountain.
benky: a friend of mine took postinor2 less dan 2hr of unprotected sex,ds was 2days after her cycle ended..after 2days of takin postinor2 started noticing whitish substance coming out of her,2days after dt blood like substance like her menses bt nt 2 heavy strted coming out..is it a sign dt d posinor2 had bin effective on her or is it early pregnancy symptoms?..i nid answers ASAP as its ongoing ryt nw ds is d 3rd day of her experiencing d blood like substance coming out of her..tnx.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by adadgister: 2:18am On Nov 04, 2012
Enoh 1: [b][/b] have you seen your period now or is the drug still messing with your hormones? Pls reply ASAP
hi. i later saw my period on the 3rd of september and the next on the sixth of october but i still have pregnancy symptoms. i been doing many pregnancy test but they all come out negative. i even did blood test and scan but negative no baby. i am thinking of going for a final ultra sound nxt week to see if there is any baby. if nothing, then i will rest the case
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Wadamatt: 6:57am On Nov 04, 2012
How effective is Postinor 2 taken at once,the two tablets?
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Ucpet20(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
When is it use best!is it on or before sex or after sex.does it prevent pregnancy weither use condom or not?
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by badesco(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Why dont you stop using it ?
doctor b: it's been 100% effective for me grin but it really affects the menstrual cycle- i usually bleed 10 days after and then my cycle gets as long as 50-something days angry scary when you consider what made you take the pill in the first place angry angry angry
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by formularxi: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Advice a friend who uses it almost thrice a week
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
formularxi: Advice a friend who uses it almost thrice a week
say d truth, ar u d one seeking d advice
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
G
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by goodgirl247: 9:00am On Apr 17, 2013
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by ModestSam(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2013
formularxi: Advice a friend who uses it almost thrice a week
D warning on the drug says not more than 2ce in a month. I'd suggest u look for an alternative and safer method, if u wanna have a child in future, that is.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by ModestSam(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2013
c++_crazy:
say d truth, ar u d one seeking d advice
grin
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 19, 2013
why would anyone allow a man who is not your husband have unprotected sex with them. una no dey fear STDs and cervical cancer?.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Acquire: 4:56pm On May 17, 2013
Doctors in the house pls help: I had sex on the 29th of april and the condom bursted,I used postinor 2 36hrs later. 2weeks later I had a preg test that came positive. I am feeling mentral cramps and still expecting my period. I had an ultrasound scan that showed nothing was in my womb. Pls could postinor 2delay my period.

I am breast feeding cos my baby is 8 months old. I was told d result of the test could be that the pregnacy hormone of my last baby still exists in my blood stream.
Pls advice as I am not ready for anoda baby yet.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by wendy8: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2013
I had sex with my bf on d last day of my period being 30th of may arnd 8pm in d night nd he ejaculated inside of me. I took postinor2 d next day by 3pm nd took d 2nd pill after 12hrs as said. Today being d 6th of june,I'm having some abdominal pains nd blood spotting. Does it mean d drug worked or shuld I still go for a pregnancy text?
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by adajane(f): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
its best to abstain and give our bodies to christ till ee are ready for mariage, as married people, know your body system and how it operates, stop taking in all manners of things, only our worries, fear of the unknown will make us feel pregnant when we are not, having sleepness night and all that, plz, go on ur kneels and ask God for forgiveness, turn to him so that he will cleans us of dis shameful act and discipline urself wen u are in a relationship, may God strenghteb you.

cheers

3 Likes

Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Bamz(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
honey86: why would anyone allow a man who is not your husband have unprotected sex with them. una no dey fear STDs and cervical cancer?.

My thoughts exactly, I swear down. We are not even preaching against pre-marital sex here which is like, well for Christians is ideal, atleast for your sakes, use a condom. I believe its not such a hard thing considering these ladies are mature enough to know what's right for them.
Re: Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 09, 2013
omododo: Be careful girls with postinor 2, it has severe side effects, which you wont see now till you start trying for a baby. instead use the normal contraceptive pills, the hormones in it are reduce and body friendly
smdh, reading all ds scary nd sorry posts, nothing in this life wud make me allow my girl use this postirubbish, some guys can be wicked and selfish though, how can you allow ur girl go thru all ds just because u wanna satisfy intimate urge, worst part is most of ds girls eventually get dumped after all deyv been through, smh...ds is disheartening.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available / How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.