Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan (4921 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Dotman01(m): 8:43am On Jul 06, 2011
ABUJA— PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, announced far-reaching measures towards accelerating the nation’s economic growth through boosting agricultural output and provision of infrastructure in which a Lagos-Ibadan speed train line contract would soon be awarded.

President Jonathan who was represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo said at the opening of the Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending, NIRSAL, conference that contract will soon be awarded for a standard fast train link between Lagos and Ibadan.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/fg-to-award-lagos-ibadan-rail-contract-soon-%E2%80%94jonathan/
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by ektbear: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2011
Soon = when?

And how fast will the rail line run? What will be the commute time from Ibadan to Lagos?

If we can turn most of the SW into a suburb of Lagos, that would be a wonderful thing to speed development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by hercules07: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2011
Do no t mind the guy jare, the existing rail line what have they done with it, the guy just like making promises to people without thinking of how to fulfil it.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by dustydee: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2011
how many times will they award this contract?

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Soon = when?

And how fast will the rail line run? What will be the commute time from Ibadan to Lagos?

If we can turn most of the SW into a suburb of Lagos, that would be a wonderful thing to speed development

With rail transport, it is not an impossible thing but SW has to be really focused on development to really achieve such,

I always thought making some parts of Ogun state a well planned suburb to Lagos will be very very good for Lagos,
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by aljharem3: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2011
0lumide:

With rail transport, it is not an impossible thing but SW has to be really focused on development to really achieve such,

I always thought making some parts of Ogun state a well planned suburb to Lagos will be very very good for Lagos,
gbammmmm
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Sijo01(f): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
Soon! indeed. How soon if i may ask. well d soon might not even be now after all SOON in my place means SLOW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by enyojo(f): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
[size=18pt]SOON![/size]

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by delicious1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
Soon =when the contracts are awarded to their cronies.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by akinalabi(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
They should finish the road for me first

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by NegroNtns(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2011

Give relief to Lagos. Give the super metro role back to Ibadan.

It was at one time the super-cosmopolitan center in West Africa. It has the size, ideal location and infrastructures to support mega population swell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by graychuks(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
Sijo01:

Soon! indeed. How soon if i may ask. well d soon might not even be now after all SOON in my place means SLOW.

Work has already begone.the last time i checked the old rails has already being replaced and bricks align along the road.it caused a heavy traffic along Dugbe-Eleyele road.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Iolo(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
And what's happened to the Lagos Ibadan expressway concession project issued some years back. Anyone know if that's been canceled or simply abandoned?

Nigerians would be a lot more comfortable if Sambo was announcing the award of the contract to a reputable firm rather than making vague promises wit no timelines attached.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by brainpulse: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
HOW MANY TIMES/

ABACHA- AWARDED SAME 3X embarassed
ABUSALLAM-1 cry shocked
OBJ-4X cry cry cry cry cry undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
GEJ---COUNTING, 1 cool
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by yokiti: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
Good to hear but I hope this is not another way of siphoning public wealth? And do hope the owners of trailers and tankers dont frustrate this Economic developmental move. and lastly, hope the Chinese will not kill it as they have done to the existing ones. chikenah!
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Yinkay: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
Sooner very soon,we are going to see the Train, another empty promise,probably made to take thunder out of similar promise ACN and LP about economic integration. BI COurtney too has promised to commence  work soon on the Express road when rain stops, [url][/url]
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by otokx(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2011
Jonathan has started again
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by badpeople: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2011
GEJ follow!!!!!!!!!!!! follow!!!!!!!! no any trust in him, he has follow the way of his stepfathers, IBB, ABACHA, OBJ,Na waahoooooooooooooo
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by anointedf(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
How soon is the soon. Let stop merely talking the talk but working the work. Lagos - Ibadan exp.way, Bi-courtney keep giving many reason why they are delaying. May be they are still strategising after about 2 yrs.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
heheheheehehe grin grin grin grin I no fit shout
Another round of promises.
What about the Airports you promised to provide in all the states of the federation during the campaign? grin grin grin start with one first.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by alexola20(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by ikooko(m): 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
0lumide:

I always thought making some parts of Ogun state a well planned  suburb to Lagos will be very very good for Lagos,

that former governor of Ogun state- Gbenga Daniel mentioned something like that during his first term but i guess he didn't have muscle big enough to handle such transformation. Ironically, large number of lagosian lives in lagos suburb.
Ibikunle Amosu should look into that direction.

GEJ should just repair Lagos-Ibadan, Ibadan-Ilorin, Ilorin-Kaduna, Shagamu-Ore, and Benin to other eastern part of the country. The rail project is a mirage.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by TEEZERO(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
He should begin by sending a bill to the National Assembly to repeal the existing Nigerian Railway Act: to open up the sector to private sector participation.
Otherwise, we are just wasting time. That is not there.
Time to walk the talk.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by emenim(m): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2011
how come they are heading towards that angle when the lagos city itself has long been without such a rail transportation to ease the heavy traffic in Lagos state. they should have a rethink on that issue first before embarking on it. Have they forget areas like okokomaiko, ikorodu road, and many other hectic traffic areas in lagos
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
I hope they will not award this contract to Bi Courtney Highways Services because that is one of the most ineffective company i have seen Nigeria Government award contract to
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by asscend: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
TEE ZERO:

He should begin by sending a bill to the National Assembly to repeal the existing Nigerian Railway Act: to open up the sector to private sector participation.
Time to walk the talk.

Now thats a fact,
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
Soon = Odechukwus 2nd term
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Uche2005: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
another lie , people have lost confident in goodluck jonathan. they believe he tells lies alot.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by JimmyBoy1: 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
Na locomotive dem wan put again abi light rail?
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by oladayo042: 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
Is he campaigning for his 2nd term? Start the project late in the 1st term and the campaign slogan will change from "I have no shoes" to "Let the 'good work' continue". Somebody should tell oga Jona that it is too early.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2011
This thing is about 5years old, smh*
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Dotman01(m): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
TEE ZERO:

Time to walk the talk.

. . . U no dey fear Dangote?. . Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? / The Lower Niger Congress! Have A Feel Of It! / See How This ATM User Dressed (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.