Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,491 members, 7,801,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police (30774 Views)

Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits - Polic / Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police / Suicide Bomber Trying To Bomb Living Faith Church In Kaduna, Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Maxymilliano(m): 5:55am On Apr 12, 2022
The military and police have clarified that the arrested people in a video, which went viral on social media at the weekend, were herders mistaken for bandits who attacked Kakura community in Chikun local government area of Kaduna State.

The security officials, who made the clarification during a peace meeting between the leadership of Gbagyi and Fulani communities of Kakura, said investigations have revealed that, the people seen in the video were members of the herders settlement mistaken for bandits that went to Kakura and apprehended by the vigilante men.

The meeting had in attendance the State Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, Chikun local government chairman, Engr. Salasi Musa, member representing Chikun Constituency in the State House of Assembly, Hon. Ayuba Chawaza, District Head of Kujama, Stephen Ibrahim, and the Commanding Officer, 312 Artillery Regiment, Lt. Col. D.O Igwilo.

Speaking at the meeting, which held at the Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs in Kaduna, the State Commissioner of Police, Yekini Ayoku, said both the Gbagyi and Fulani communities of Kakura were victims of the Saturday bandits’ attack.

The CP said: “When we saw the video, we swung into action and called for an emergency meeting between the Gbagyi and Fulani communities of Kakura. And from our investigation, we discovered what happened was that, bandits attacked Kakura community and killed the younger brother of the village leader, Isiaku Karfe.

“The same bandits attacked a nearby Fulani settlement and within the same area, rustled their cattle. So, the vigilante of the Kakura community where the village head brother was killed, went in search of the bandits that attacked them, while the Fulani also went in search of their rustled cattle.”

Ayoku added: “While in the forest, the two sides clashed. In the process, three of the Fulani were killed and a number of others were injured. The information got to the military detachment in the area and they went for rescue and they took the dead and the injured to the hospital. Presently, the injured are now being treated at 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital.

“So, these people taken to the hospital are not bandits, but rather, from the narrations of the both sides, it was discovered that, it was a case of mistaken identity.

“So, what we have done here is to bring the two communities together, then the local government chairman, House Assembly member, the District Head and Head of the Fulani community have been asked to go back and ensure peace among the communities.”

Both the District Head of Kujama, Stephen Ibrahim and Ardo (Head of Fulani Community) in Chikun local government area corroborated the Commissioner of Police’s submission and assured that, they will go back to the community level and work for peace of the area.

https://leadership.ng/kaduna-arrested-people-in-viral-video-were-herders-mistaken-for-bandits-police/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by thesicilian: 5:59am On Apr 12, 2022
As if there's a difference

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by saintokwuluora(m): 6:01am On Apr 12, 2022
This is beyond funny. If the soldiers don't know the difference between bandits and "innocent" herders, that means all these people they are killing in the southeast as being ESN operatives are all innocent people.
Those that released these bandits will be their next victims.

469 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by backnbeta(f): 6:02am On Apr 12, 2022
Whoever they arrest down South is the culprit- no investigation. Even if you'll be free, minimum of 7 months await you in kuje prison. But up North, they swing into action with immediate alacrity in order to free their people and vindicate them undecided

297 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Maxymilliano(m): 6:04am On Apr 12, 2022
The moment I saw the Kaduna State government's reaction to the viral video, I knew fully well that it will come to this.

How can herders move in that number without cows and what is the difference between herders and bandits ?

I'm confused here

335 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Cantonese: 6:06am On Apr 12, 2022
Hahahahahaha.

How is it that the police “swung into action” after soldiers, who are better placed and equipped to arrest bandits wrongly arrested herdsmen instead of bandits?

We are greatly troubled in this country by certain persons in power in this country. It is no longer a secret that confirmed bandits and terrorists under the same title herdsmen have been arrested several times and released with “orders from above”. We clearly see that some are more Nigerian than others, even when it has been confirmed that they speak French and are from other countries.

The call for separation gets stronger when lies like this in the face of the truth is used to deceive citizens. We hope sincerely for a better country, but the truth at all times, irrespective of tribe and religion must be allowed to prevail.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Naija147: 6:08am On Apr 12, 2022
I pity southerners dying in their war.

Does these guys truly want to end this insurgence ?

There is an agenda and the northern elite knows what’s going on in their region.

So army nor know who dem arrest ?

Southerners use your heads, don’t vote another northerner in 2023.

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by overdrive(m): 6:10am On Apr 12, 2022
They don dey tell us another story again. Tuface 2012

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Maxymilliano:
The moment I saw the Kaduna State government's reaction to the viral video, I knew fully well that it will come to this.

How can herders move in that number without cows and what is the difference between herders and bandits ?

I'm confused here

You shouldn't be confused bro, how can you just bundle northern Nigeria's businessmen like that? Abii you fear no dey fear ni?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by illicit(m): 6:13am On Apr 12, 2022
Those guys will revenge

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Balkan(m): 6:16am On Apr 12, 2022
Lol grin after Simon Empa's exposition yesterday. So if they are herders that's the reason for you to arrest them? Where are their cows? The Buhari lead government are ? Ju

6 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by donproject2(m): 6:31am On Apr 12, 2022
Herdsmen, Bandits, Boko Haram, ESN, Igbos, what is the difference? I have dignified those terrorists enough by writing their names appropriately, words duly capitalized, acronym well written. Please don't quote me, thence, I go give you wotowoto.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by McOluOmo: 6:32am On Apr 12, 2022
grin grin cheesy What isn't possible anywhere is possible in Nigeria

Firsthand treatment to the injured BANDITS

guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Freddonance(m): 6:32am On Apr 12, 2022
I watched the video on Facebook. Someone commented "after now, these people will be released & nothing will happen"
Now I see. It's about happening.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Zetty177x: 6:32am On Apr 12, 2022
I de come

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Winters23: 6:32am On Apr 12, 2022
They were herders before upgrading to bandits

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Iceiscold: 6:32am On Apr 12, 2022
Mistake identity

God Help us ooo

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Crusadee: 6:32am On Apr 12, 2022
Hmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Houseofglam7(f): 6:33am On Apr 12, 2022
WTF!!!!!!
Stop already!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Bluffly: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2022
This is why they must get a land and start ranching

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by israelmao(m): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2022
What difference does it make?Bandits are equal to Fulani herders and Fulani herders are equal to bandits.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Moferere: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2022
See cover up

238 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by akanbiaa(m): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2022
Even the ones with military uniform amongst them ?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 6:35am On Apr 12, 2022
If anyone of you still believe there is not an hidden agenda behind this, is deceiving himself.

I even saw a video where they took them straight to St Gerald hospital for treatment. Although the hospital rejected them.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 12, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by chatinent: 6:35am On Apr 12, 2022
Buhari has telephoned somebody.

19 Likes

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Newton2024: 6:35am On Apr 12, 2022
Maxymilliano:

I'm confused here
That shows you that the Islam'ic north is in support of terr-orism going on there. I only pity southern soldiers.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 12, 2022
Ahhhhh
Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Lapinski: 6:36am On Apr 12, 2022
Na WA oh

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by denidaniel(m): 6:37am On Apr 12, 2022
How them take know?

Portable Angrily calls out former show promoter for destroying Nigeria artist.

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1WAo5-jwC8
Re: Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police by Quaddafi29: 6:37am On Apr 12, 2022
Whats the difference? They are one and the same. They come in as herders, survey the area and come back in the night with guns and massacre the people. They should be treated alike.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apc Jittery Over The Achievement Of The Army And Government - Aljazeera / I Didn’t Escape Any Plane Crash, Says Obasanjo / Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.