Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? (2744 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Are Killing Their Wives At A High Rate In America / Please Translate From Yoruba To English Thank You Very Much (ese Pupo) / Igbo Women Don't Say "cha Cha Cha! Igbo Kwenu!"" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Araboy(m): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
I am not trying to bash anyone but I noticed Nigerian girls don't say thank you when something nice is done for them is that the way they were raised in their culture ? just wondering
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by ronkebp(f): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2011
If she is giving you something in return, (that has done the thanking, wink, then don't expect thank you,
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Araboy(m): 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2011
So you don't say thank you to your husband or Bf tell me you kidding
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Goldieluks: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
Nigerian girls?
You mean all Nigerian girls,or only the once you've met?
STOP GENERALISING. cool
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Memunah(f): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
guess thats the breed you meet
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
Sorry Op. Is it Nigerian girls on Mars or the Ones on Earth? Seriously, I dont Roger!. . . undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by chibaby5(f): 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Poster

I am not tryin to bash u or anything but i noticed u dnt have manners. Is it da u were raised without manners orrr?? Just thinking
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Araboy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
come on ladies my observation is genuine and I am very familiar with Nigerian girls from  
different tribes They just don't have the word Thank you in their dictionary it is so ghetto and Pathetic
@ chi baby yeah just keep moving I won't trade insults with you but you guys are so sensitive to not
even accept critic from friends like if everything were rosy and perfect on your side
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2011
Araboy:

come on ladies my observation is genuine and I am very familiar with Nigerian girls from  
different tribes They just don't have the word Thank you in their dictionary it is so ghetto and Pathetic

Bia, Make i Forget Bottle for ya Head? angry
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by kokoye(m): 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2011
chi-baby:

@Poster

I am not tryin to bash u or anything but i noticed u dnt have manners. Is it da u were raised without manners orrr?? Just thinking

grin grin

Sweeeeet
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by MrsChima(f): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
I dislikes Koyoke.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Araboy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
Mrs Chima might know about the thank you thing
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by MrsChima(f): 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
I don't know why Nigerian girls don't say thank you. I am not Nigerian.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Araboy(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2011
I know you are not Nigerian but you might have met some who don't say Thanks !
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by MrsChima(f): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
Araboy:

I know you are not Nigerian but you might have met some who don't say Thanks !

That's right you do know I am not Nigerian, You refers me as BOOTYLICIOUS AKATA tongue tongue

The Nigerian girls I know are polite.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2011
I have to say thank you the same day and the day after. Or else it doesnt feel right.

It's the Yoruba culture that makes you greet and give thanks for anything.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by kokoye(m): 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
Ileke ibebe . . . must you tribalize everything?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Araboy(m): 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ Mrs Chima you still remember that reference lol
@Ileke Idi  E se at least you are the exception of the rule
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by kokoye(m): 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I dislikes Koyoke.

She loves me, I dont know what she sees in me . . she makes me. . . the best that I can be   wink
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Araboy(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
I am sure Mrs Chima is picky to love your kind grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by SIlknSteel(f): 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2011
I fink it is only courtesy for U to sayThanks everytime something good is done for U no matter how close or how use you myt have become to someone. I personally still says thanks to my mum after eating or receiving anything from even doh l hv lived with her for twenty sth years of my life. Basically,l fink it has to do with individual upbringings n perceptions. Saying thanks for little inconsequencials have a way of openings n stirring a need to do more on the part of the giver
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Flexa: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
i don't believe this idea.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by MrsChima(f): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
kokoye:

She loves me, I dont know what she sees in me . . she makes me. . . the best that I can be   wink

You know you my sugaboo. You are one of my favorite male NL chatters! kiss kiss kiss kiss

We gel like gel to weave. tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by MrsChima(f): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
Araboy:

I am sure Mrs Chima is picky to love your kind grin

Actually if Koyoke wasn't married and old I would have fixed him a nice ethnic dish and we would have played Scrabble all night. tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by kokoye(m): 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^

Scrabble indeed.

dont you have a way with words wink
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by MrsChima(f): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
You are so nassy. I meant it literally! tongue tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by tellwisdom: 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
WETIN YOU DEY GIVE THEM SELF?? COS YOU ARE SPEAKING AS IF YOU ARE RENDERING THEM THE WORLD!! angry angry comot make i see road angry angry angry
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2011
kokoye:

Ileke ibebe . . . must you tribalize everything?

It's what it is. In my house o (and culture), not showing gratitude is a form of disrespect. You'll def be chided for it. Yorubas take it to another level lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by Cuddlemii: 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
That's not possible.

Even if its not from the heart, courtesy demands a girl says thank you and they always do.

Some even kneel down to do this, some hug in show of appreciation. Some would even scream or cry because you have removed a burden from them. Some would call a witness to come and show appreciation to you. Some would even say it everyday after that day or ask their siblings and friends to call and Thank you.

Some would even say, come inside the room let me show you my appreciation, thank you baby. As long as the message is passed acrossed.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by emofine(f): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
[size=20pt]THANK YOU[/size]

there you go - a Nigerian girl has said it cool
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by kokoye(m): 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

It's what it is. In my house o (and culture), not showing gratitude is a form of disrespect. You'll def be chided for it. Yorubas take it to another level lipsrsealed

I agree . . even if you dont necessarily mean that 'thank you' 

'O se bee bee' grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Don't Say Thank You ? by tpia5: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2011
poster what's the reason for this thread?

thank you after you have s.ex with them or thank you for what exactly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Father Sister Grand Children Are Called? / Oso Owo Tabi Asiri Bibo / This Is What Arusi Means In Igbo: Don't Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.