Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram (7348 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison / Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs / Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2011
There is no basis to compare MEND with Boko Haram!  angry angry angry

Boko Haram has caused fear and mayhem in North-East section of the country. Even during the height of MEND's insurgency, the people of the Niger Delta still lived their lives.

The militants stayed in the creeks, and urban centers were seen as safe.

Boko Haram is terrorizing the civilian population. MEND and other militant groups targeted the oil companies.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jamace(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2011
Yes, there is no comparison at all.

How can you compare MEND fighting for more share of resources gotten from their land and Boko Haram fighting for the Islamisation of Nigeria? What benefit has the govt derived from Boko Haram that they will be treated like MEND? angry

I think the govt should treat Boko Haram as an enemy of the state and declare full scale war against them. I feel the govt has tolerated enough.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
They're both the same.

Fighting for a cause they believe in.

The black law says that whatever is illegal is illegal, there's no grey area.

MEND is in the ND, BH is in the North (esp in Borno). I beleive MASSOBs are next in order.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2011
There's one: Violence!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

They're both the same.

MEND is in the ND, BH is in the North (esp in Borno). I beleive MASSOBs are next in order.

Daft statement. . .

This is what happens when people use such framework for unique cases.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
EzeUche:

Boko Haram has caused fear and mayhem in North-East section of the country. Even during the height of MEND's insurgency, the people of the Niger Delta still lived their lives.

Boko Haram is terrorizing the civilian population. MEND and other militant groups targeted the oil companies.

Dafter statement.

Violence is violence. Illegal is illegal.

They're both the same.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dafter statement.

Violence is violence. Illegal is illegal.

They're both the same.

There is always a gray area. Not simply black and white. Right vs. wrong etc etc.

That is an easy way of explaining something.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dempeople(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

They're both the same.

. . . . . and where is OPC in all of this?
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aljharem3: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2011
i chose to ignore this statement when i saw it

ileke-idi thank you

this ezeuche is clueless

do u know the amount of people MEND killed just because of oil

if u know the amount of nigerians mend killed alone, u would not be talking like this
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

The silence is deafening.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jason123: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

Dem_people Baba, to me, I think they are all the same. OPC, MASSOB, MEND AND BOKO HAREM!!! They are or were all formed to get political power for their respective regions. . .no difference at all
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
jason123:

Dem_people Baba, to me, I think they are all the same. OPC, MASSOB, MEND AND BOKO HAREM!!! They are or were all formed to get political power for their respective regions. . .no difference at all

Why add MASSOB? MASSOB has never used violence. But they have always been the target of violence.

Big difference. . .
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2011
There is a reason why the US classifies Boko Haram as a terrorist organization and not MEND.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jason123: 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
EzeUche:

Why add MASSOB? MASSOB has never used violence. But they have always been the target of violence.

Big difference. . .

Okay, they never used violence but what is their ultimate aim It is political relevance . . .and please, don't tell me they they actually wnat to leave because they will not if an Igbo man is made to rule Nigeria.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dempeople(m): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
EzeUche:

The silence is deafening.

Maybe she experienced a massive cerebral crash!!!

jason123:

Okay, they never used violence but what is their ultimate aim It is political relevance . . .and please, don't tell me they they actually wnat to leave because they will not if an Igbo man is made to rule Nigeria.

Nice one Jason.  cool

[size=3pt]But my boys are training them, should they be attacked again by the crazed good for nothing 9ja police.[/size]
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by jason123: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^lol @ small print
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dustydee: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2011
EzeUche:

who carried out the October 1 bombing? what about the warri bomb blast?MEND IMO were fighting for their pocket going by what happens post amnesty. Money exchanging hands. I do not think Saro Wiwa will accept money in order to abandon the struggle.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aljharem3: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
dustydee:

who carried out the October 1 bombing? what about the warri bomb blast?MEND IMO were fighting for their pocket going by what happens post amnesty. Money exchanging hands. I do not think Saro Wiwa will accept money in order to abandon the struggle.

gbammm

and now they have stopped when jonathan is the president, i dey laff ooo

although boko haram own is getting too much
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
Silence ought to be deafening, to fools that is.

jason123:

OPC is not violent, unlike the other two. OPC does not get sent into jail, unlike the other two. OPC is not a public nuisance, unlike the other two.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by saintneo(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
definition of group!

aims and objectives of group!

methodology of group!
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dempeople(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Silence ought to be deafening, to fools that is.

OPC is not violent, unlike the other two. OPC does not get sent into jail, unlike the other two. OPC is not a public nuisance, unlike the other two.

Ileke u sef. U no dee tire. U can do better than such cheap arguments. Shebi na PhD u dee do? Try small na. Small time now, u go be Dr. Tokunbo.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

Ileke u sef. U no dee tire. U can do better than such cheap arguments. Shebi na PhD u dee do? Try small na. Small time now, u go be Dr. Tokunbo.

Dr. Ileke-IdI is more like it. You know, keeping that family and Ekiti tradition going.

I'm sure you also have a PhD in kidnapping, thanks to JAMBNAP. jk jk
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Basseti: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
Panafrican News Agency (Dakar)
Nigeria: OPC Leaders Go On Trial Over Lagos Communal Violence

20 October 2000

Lagos, Nigeria — Frederick Fasheun and 41 other leaders of the ethnic Yoruba Oodua People's Congress (OPC), were arraigned Friday before a Lagos Chief Magistrate's court for their alleged role in four days of communal violence that killed at least 100 people in the Nigerian commercial city.

They are charged with murder, arson and unlawful possession of arms.

Let there be consistency.

Regional militant groups for whatever reasons formed is always a very slippery slope. It makes unity even harder to achieve.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2011
Basseti:

Panafrican News Agency (Dakar)
Nigeria: OPC Leaders Go On Trial Over Lagos Communal Violence

20 October 2000

Lagos, Nigeria — Frederick Fasheun and 41 other leaders of the ethnic Yoruba Oodua People's Congress (OPC), were arraigned Friday before a Lagos Chief Magistrate's court for their alleged role in four days of communal violence that killed at least 100 people in the Nigerian commercial city.

They are charged with murder, arson and unlawful possession of arms.

Let there be consistency.

MASSOBs will do anything like pretend to be OPC to discredit the Yorubas. That was 10 yrs ago sha, dem no fit try am again. MASSOBs and their public nuisance.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Basseti: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

MASSOBs will do anything like pretend to be OPC to discredit the Yorubas. That was 10 yrs ago sha, dem no fit try am again. MASSOBs and their public nuisance.

undecided

No comment lipsrsealed
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by aljharem3: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

u have to be joking, how can massob be in lagos OPC is a dangerus group like mend and boko bastarts

haba sweet heart kiss kiss kiss
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by dempeople(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dr. Ileke-IdI is more like it. You know, keeping that family and Ekiti tradition going.

I'm sure you also have a PhD in kidnapping, thanks to JAMBNAP. jk jk

grin grin grin grin grin

That's my girl. Dr. Tokunbo Ileke-Idi  wink
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Basseti: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
I am sure Seun pays some people here to make dumb comments  grin

Cos U cant possibly type s#hit like that with a straight face or for free for that matter.

I Know I wont!!! cheesy
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

u have to be joking, how can massob be in lagos OPC is a dangerus group like mend and boko bastarts

haba sweet heart kiss kiss kiss

MASSOBs members pretending to be OPC.
Any Yoruba groups are non-violent, just like the people. Most peaceful group in the face of Africa (after that is the people of Benin (country))
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
Basseti:

I am sure Seun pays some people here to make dumb comments grin

No wonder your bald head dey shine. I'm sure Seun gave you enough allowance to buy vaseline grin

I thought you said no comment. odesin.
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

grin grin grin grin grin

That's my girl. Dr. Tokunbo Ileke-Idi  wink

Dr. Ileke IdI.

I'll be able to see you through your primary schools finances grin
Re: There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
mend midwifed the culture of kidnapping for profit and attaking of banks with sophisticated weapons

boko harm has midwifed a culture of bombing and attacking police stations

both have in their own way brought institutions to their knees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Read The 1979 Interview Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe Had With Mohammed Haruna On Biafra / Phcn System Collapse Plunges Country Into Darkness / Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.