Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! (6886 Views)

Left Handed People Evil? / What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed / Left Handed People Are more Intelligent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Abiriboy: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
I have always thought to myself,wat is it about lefties? There is a general believe that left handed people are special. I think it is true because all the left-handed guys I know are brilliant, clever, athlectic and most of the time creative. I used to wish I was a lefty too, It was and still is, so cool. Here is a short list of famous left handed pple
Barrack Obama
Rafael Nadal
Leonado Da Vinci
Nadal Benjamin Natanyahu( Israeli Prime minister)
Bill Cliton
Brian Cowel (Ireland Prime Minister)
David Cameron
Mr Lee Loong Singapore Prime Minister
Hugo Chavez
Lauara Chinchilla( President Costa Rica)
, etc
and ofcourse our very own Babatunde Fashola!

Soooo wat do u think, aRE THEY SPECIAL OR WHAT? undecided
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by IG: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
I am left handed but I don't think we are special. But we are indeed different. There is this saying I once heard; "God created a few perfect people, all the rest are right handed."

You can add Osama Bin Ladin to your list of lefties.
Amithab Bacchan, the famous indian actor is also left handed.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by iice(f): 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2011
I would say maybe because they use a different hand from the right handed ones.
I agree though, they seem creative. Have a lot of left handed people in my family, half them are artistic. So used to it, that i don't even notice when someone is left handed.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by african1(f): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
I am left handed, but I always wanted to be right handed. sad
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by mukina2: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2011
Everything is special about them grin
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Abiriboy: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2011
IG: I didnt know Osama Laden was among oh, datS makes it smth!! If you are not feeling special maybe u av not harnessed that ingenuity within, you have to work it out!!
Its said that about 13% of the world is left handed, if its so good to be left handed then why are so many people, all the othe 87% right handed,
Naija teachers add to ds problem when they force kids from early age to use right hand when they were born left handed, they still do this annoyn thng
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by emofine(f): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
left handed people maybe special but ambidextrous people are utterly exceptional  grin cheesy
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by tpia5: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2011
the search function is still there, in case the op wants to look for the other 500 threads about left handed people.

since s/he only has 4 posts, i suppose his/her new moniker should be reminded.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by IG: 12:26am On Jul 09, 2011
Abiri boy:

IG: I didnt know Osama Laden was among oh, datS makes it smth!! If you are not feeling special maybe u av not harnessed that ingenuity within, you have to work it out!!
Its said that about 13% of the world is left handed, if its so good to be left handed then why are so many people, all the othe 87% right handed,
Naija teachers add to ds problem when they force kids from early age to use right hand when they were born left handed, they still do this annoyn thng

Maybe you are right about me not harnessing my abilities. But I guess I have not done too bad. I've been developing software since I was 17, I mean real software that people use in running there businesses. Before that, I did a little bit of drawing since the first days I was able to properly hold a pencil. I used to make hand drawn comic books before I turned 10. But I guess these are all things that any other kid can do. To me it seems left handed kids often pick less conventional interests more than right handed kids.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Emmyk(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2011
Abiri boy:

Naija teachers add to ds problem when they force kids from early age to use right hand when they were born left handed,
they still do this annoyn thng
Also the parents, my parent did same to my sister who was lefty frm birth. Well to me, nothing much is special there. It's because they are few who are lefties, and d impression u have wen u look at them,that they have something u dont. Just like a black man, having a white man around him cheesy
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Agiliti(m): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by olowo200: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
What of those of us that are born left handed but are force to be right handed my mother use to say left handed people are not made king yet we are not from royal family ,till today i can not throw stone with right hand and it so much affect me in sport when small that i always got confused on the hand to hold the bat with i always end up chosen right hand i always got beaten it when i grew up i realise i should have switch back to left,i agree that every left handed people can draw and they are artistic in nature cause. I can draw very well too in primary school but the right hand so affect me badly that i can't even draw very well again the worst thing is that my mum though educated think what she did was right am not sure if she regret her action later.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
Royal is Left Handed.

Clearly as you can see, I am Special and Beyond Gifted
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by philipstanley(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
am a lefty and all my brothers are lefty also, my tradition believes dat every LEFT handed person uses his RIGHT sense/brain dat's y we are intelligent and creative bt hot tempared and quick in takin action. Right handed pple use their left part of their brain and sense.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 25, 2012
Intelligence. Am left handed. I was beaten and intimated for using left hand to eat way back then when I was younger but only recently I began to see what right handed people are missing
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 25, 2012
lol@i was beaten for using my left hand.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 14, 2014
If you think left handed people are special, then your mind will be blown when i tell you i'm ambidextrous(both left and right handed) i guess that means i'm SUPER special.
Re: Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! by devine99(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2014
I'm left handed but I don't see anything special about it. I mean we were all created equally weren't we?

(1) (Reply)

African Culture Series: Part 1 : Labia Elongation / See How Virginity Testing Is Done In Part Of Africa (pictures) / Is Goodluck Jonathan Igbo, his name is Ebele?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.