Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,611 members, 7,801,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” (9752 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! / I Need A Serious Advise Concerning Uk Spouse Visa In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2011
Hello NLanders, Please I need your candid advise:

I work in an Oil coy in Phc and applied for a US Visa in March this year; the intention was to attend OTC conference in Houston in May PLUS a few days vacation.

After the interview in which in my opinion, I believe I answered all the questions correctly (I had all the supporting documents, coupled with the fact that I have traveled to a few countries in Europe in the past, i.e. UK, Switzerland, Holland, Italy and Ireland; all the Visas are affixed to my passport), I was surprise when the consular officer told me that they will still need to carry out further Administrative Processing; and as such will need to retain my passport; I was told the exercise will take not later than 60days.

I did not object since all my documents were valid, and the reason of my application was also clear; my bank statement and pay slip shows that I have a comfortable job here in Nigeria.

Surprisingly up till now (over 100) days, they are yet to revert with decision; my passport is still with them. I have written several e-mails in which they hardly respond to; finally when they responded they were not too sure if they still had my passport; Then when I threatened court action, they came back to apologize and also said they were still carrying out the administrative processing.

Two weeks ago I sent another reminder, and up till this moment no response from them.

I am wondering if anyone has ever had such experience, and would really appreciate if someone can advise on the best step to take now. I will feel so bad if they misplace my passport.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2011
, any comment pls?
NLders, please I need your useful advise, comments and/or experiences! thanks.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2011
I wouldn't have thought any checks would take more than 14 days.

I think you need to press them, perhaps get a solicitor to write them a letter on your behalf. Over 3 months in my opinion, with little or no explanation is absurd.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2011
@Siena, Thanks so much. I will do exactly that.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by ejikeben: 12:33am On Jul 19, 2011
@ Halfcurrent, Further administrative processing can occure irrespective of the number of time you have travelled abroad including US.It could be that you had a name hit in thier database in FBI,CIA or other security agencies. In a nutshell, consulting a solicitor or attorney is a waste of time and resources. I would advise you pray to God for quick response from the embassy. I had my visa interview in US embassy Abuja on 26th May 2010 and was only called on 18th of may 2011 for my visa which I have now.You can call Department of state to determine your case status as embassy may not respond to your calls or e-mails until your case is completed.If you would need more clarification on this feel free to alert me.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2011
@ejikeben, from 18th May, 2010 to 26th May, 2011!!!! are you serious? Thanks for your useful feedback; then why do they state 60days processing time? anyway, on what number can I possibly reach Department of state?
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by frankkky: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2011
@poster just pray seriously that they have not misplaced your passport in the system case that happens at times but having said that and from my experince it could also be due to back log of applications,the embassy deals with a very large volume of applications especially in nigeria,so my brother trust me they will evenutally call you and give you the visa,but you must be ready to exercise patience,lots of it o,thats the truth,take care
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
frankkky:

@poster just pray seriously that they have not misplaced your passport in the system case that happens at times but having said that and from my experince it could also be due to back log of applications,the embassy deals with a very large volume of applications especially in nigeria,so my brother trust me they will evenutally call you and give you the visa,but you must be ready to exercise patience,lots of it o,thats the truth,take care

honestly that is my biggest fear o!.
I have a valid 10year UK VISA that will expire in 2018 on that passport; and I equally have a valid Schegen that will expire next year.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by akinbimatt: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
chairman,US embassy is alwz like that,they act like God but they cant be like God,they give visa to whoever they want to give and whever,qaulifications doesnt matters to them no more,they alwz have it in their mind that once you are young and applying for a visiting visa or tourist visa,they believe you want to run away and you wont come back.passing interview question still doesnt matter to them any longer.the way they treat nigerians this days calls for checkmating their activities by our govt.but our govt wont coz they get their visa anytime they want.
just mail them to remind them,and pray God touches their heart.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2011
Thanks All for your wonderful and useful contributions; i do appreciate!. Let me just hope and pray they do not misplace my passport. That is even more important for me.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by mrbargains(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2011
@Halfcurrent.I share your concern and frustration. My advise is to prepare to inquire from them if you can retrieve your passport to renew your visas that may expire.Put everything in God's Hand.
Best Wishes!
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by dancewith: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2011
@Halfcurrent

Whats the status now? Did they give you the visa afterall? AP most often means they have a disturbing match of ur name with a database security filling. Most times these hits are just due to relatively similar names and are promptly resolved. It has noting to do with whether or not u are qualified. Indeed it also means you are qualified but the hit needed to be resolved b4 u are issued with a visa.

I hope urs is now resolved. It is also highly unlikely they will misplace ur passport or docs
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2011
@dancewith, @mrbargains, thanks for your concern. up till this moment I have still not receive any positive fedback yet. I wrote an e-mail to them last week, and as usual, they simply responded that the application is still under AP., well, would probably cross my finger and wait. In anycase, I will share my experience if/when I finally get.
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by halfcurrent(m): 8:02am On Mar 22, 2012
Feedback...
Finally got the Visa, however it was not a smooth process. I had to write a petition to the National assempbly; who summoned the Embassy. Though they did not show up, but promptly asked me to come collect my passport. Thanks for your useful advise and suggestion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by OlalereTosin(f): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
That's good to hear. I just hope every1 of us cld com bk wt a positive story
Re: In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2013

(1)

FG Suspends 132 Nigerians From Air Travel For Violating Covid-19 Protoco / Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight / With About #5m... How Can I Leave This Country Legally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.