Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta (2994 Views)

Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) / What Part Of Igboland Are You From. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by abagoro(m): 1:40am On Jul 08, 2011
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by NegroNtns(m): 6:12am On Jul 08, 2011
Abagworo want go grab another man land for Delta. He's using Yoruba story as "bojuboju" (camouflage) to hide the true intent of why his attention is on these people land.

Igbo is an endangered tribe on the verge of dying off, culturally and geographically. They need population boost, quick and fast.

More importantly, they are re awakening Biafra and need land and reinforcement in population. So they have been on this aggressive campaign harassing people and forcing them to admit igboid ancestry.

Land grab madness!!
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Abagworo(m): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Abagworo want go grab another man land for Delta. He's using Yoruba story as "bojuboju" (camouflage) to hide the true intent of why his attention is on these people land.

Igbo is an endangered tribe on the verge of dying off, culturally and geographically. They need population boost, quick and fast.

More importantly, they are re awakening Biafra and need land and reinforcement in population. So they have been on this aggressive campaign harassing people and forcing them to admit igboid ancestry.

Land grab madness!!

Yes Abagworo just bought ''Tribune newspaper'' yesterday and personally wrote the story.Eediot!!!
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Dede1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Land grab madness!!

You are unimaginatively daft.
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Dede1(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2011
abagoro:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/features/2357-a-yoruba-enclave-in-the-heart-of-igboland-story-of-ugbodu-others-in-delta-state

The so-called Oloza and his fellow moro.ns in Ugbodu or Ugbodumila should not be unhappy with the seemingly Igbo language interference in their lives, they should simply park their luggage and relocate to Owo/Akure axis in Ondo State. If they do not leave in peace, time shall come when they had to leave in pieces.
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2011
I am from a neighboring town to these people. These towns are suburbs of my town. They are bilingual and very friendly. They are not what the news paper portrayed. They do not generally loath being called Igbo. In fact, Ms. Nigeria 1960 who was Ms. Anyamelune was from Ugbodu. She did not tell Nigerians that she was Yoruba. She flaunted her Igboness.

Nduka Ugbade the famous footballer is another person from Ugbodu. You'll never hear him say he is Yoruba. Do these people speak Yoruba? Yes but they also speak Igbo. Within Anioma and outside the area, they do not mind being called Igbo. I am equally sure they are also proud of their Yoruba heritage. They have assimilated though and look exactly like other Anioma neighbors.

There is no crisis of identity for them. They've accepted their fate as Anioma/Igbo and are regarded as such by Issele-Uku the biggest neighboring town, Onicha UKU, Onicha Ugbo, Onicha Olona, Ezi and others.  Outside the area, they'll usually say they are from Issele-Uku which is technically correct. So please sheath your sword. 

The Oloza was playing to the gallery considering that Tribune is a Yoruba paper.
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by otapiapia: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
They can as well pack their bags and migrate back to where they came from.

I'll be willing to donate toward their transportation if they need financial assistance.
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by aljharem3: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2011
omonuan:

I am from a neighboring town to these people. These towns are suburbs of my town. They are bilingual and very friendly. They are not what the news paper portrayed. They do not generally loath being called Igbo. In fact, Ms. Nigeria 1960 who was Ms. Anyamelune was from Ugbodu. She did not tell Nigerians that she was Yoruba. She flaunted her Igboness.

Nduka Ugbade the famous footballer is another person from Ugbodu. You'll never hear him say he is Yoruba. Do these people speak Yoruba? Yes but they also speak Igbo. Within Anioma and outside the area, they do not mind being called Igbo. I am equally sure they are also proud of their Yoruba heritage. They have assimilated though and look exactly like other Anioma neighbors.

There is no crisis of identity for them. They've accepted their fate as Anioma/Igbo and are regarded as such by Issele-Uku the biggest neighboring town, Onicha UKU, Onicha Ugbo, Onicha Olona, Ezi and others.  Outside the area, they'll usually say they are from Issele-Uku which is technically correct. So please sheath your sword. 

The Oloza was playing to the gallery considering that Tribune is a Yoruba paper.

my brother i think u are not sure of what u are talking about

please read this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-671409.0.html

and come back so we can talk if u do not mind
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by ezeagu(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Land grab madness!!

How does it feel being 'absorbed'? Hahhahaahhaah!!!!!
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Abagworo(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
Funny enough I am with a family from Ukwu Nzu at the moment.They speak Igbo language no doubt but everything about them points Yoruba.Their Igbo sounds like Anambra or Asaba but their accent and intonation is Yoruba such that if you do not listen carefully you might think they are speaking Yoruba.They accept migrating from Ondo but do not really understand Yoruba.I just noticed the simple Yoruba words like Egbon,Iyawo,Baba in their vocab.

1 Like

Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by NegroNtns(m): 4:40am On Aug 03, 2011
<quote>

The so-called Oloza and his fellow moro.ns in Ugbodu or Ugbodumila should not be unhappy with the seemingly Igbo language interference in their lives, they should simply park their luggage and relocate to Owo/Akure axis in Ondo State. If they do not leave in peace, time shall come when they had to leave in pieces. 

</quote>

Dede,

I dare you to touch those people. Everything with Ibo written on it and located in the West will become ashes. We will then send the ashes to East in their respective caskets.

1 Like

Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Chyz2: 5:52am On Aug 03, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Dede,

I dare you to touch those people. Everything with Ibo written on it and located in the West will become ashes. We will then send the ashes to East in their respective caskets.

Why would we harm fellow Igbo,dummy?
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by NegroNtns(m): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2011
I don't care what you call them. What we call them is what matters - and we call them Yorubas. That's what they have identified and wish to be known that's why Dede is upset with them and their oloza.

You didn't know that? you are worse than a dummy!

1 Like

Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by ezeagu(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
I'm pretty sure central Igbo is taught in these towns like the rest of Anioma.
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Chyz2: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

I don't care what you call them. What we call them is what matters - and we call them Yorubas. That's what they have identified and wish to be known that's why Dede is upset with them and their oloza.

You didn't know that? you are worse than a dummy!

They have never said they are yoruba. They are not. If you dare go there and call them that you will surely leave in stitches. The author is not even from there. See how he's coming over to Anioma put claims on a people to expand his tribe.Smh
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by NegroNtns(m): 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2011
Chyz,

Go see Dede for some tutoring on these people and their public declaration.
Re: A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta by Abagworo(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2011
The source of the new thread.

(1) (Reply)

. / Relationship Between Yorubas And The Itsekiris / NKAN-JU-NKAN-LO (alternative Means Of Resolving Issues)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.