Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills (2798 Views)

My Wife Wants To Buy The Following For The Baby / My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere / My Brother's Wife Wants to Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by llade(m): 1:40am On Jul 09, 2011
I work for a coy in Abuja, my wife told me on Thursday while I was at the office that she felt some abdominal pains. I told her to get a taxi to the coy's clinic, she refused insisting that I come from work to pick and drive her to our clinic (she always does this and I feel I should only leave the office when her condition really requires me to drive her to the hospital, afterall when she was 9 months pregnant she went to antenatal herself) but I refused since it was not serious then. I came back home from work about 9:15pm and to my dismay she was stil at home. I then told her she was playin wit her health and wondered if I was out of town she wud wait until I come back b4 she goes to the clinic or must I always take her to the clinic at the slightest ailment or medical condition. I was very angry and told her to go to the hospital herself cos it was really not serious afterall she only did a scan 2 days before in our official clinic and was reassured all was well. Before I cud say jack she then told me she was goin to the hospital and went with the landlady and landlord  after doing as if she wanted to die. I was shocked when she called me later and said I shud come and pay the bills cos our coy clinic treat staff and their spouses free as part of our medical entitlement. I later realised that she went to a private clinic. My anger was fuelled the more because of the following reasons:
1. When I visited the clinic it was not a standard one wit only one doctor (he was not even around, imagine mosquitoes biting me when I visited) while we even have referal hospitals with oyibo medics
2. The doctor merely used the result of the test and scan she did in my coy's clinic
3. Worse still was the fact that I told her I wanted to buy a land in Abuja few days ago and these medical bills may put that into jeopardy
4. I advised a transfer to my coy's clinic cos of its standard and modern equipment, qualified doctors and of course it was my entitlement but she refused and insisted she must complete her treatment in the private clinic (this will definitely involve more money)
So I initially refused to pay the bills, but on a second thought and with the intervention of my mom,landlord, neighbours and inlaws I am now faced with the inevitability of paying these unwarranted bills.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Outstrip(f): 4:41am On Jul 09, 2011
So you sat there while your landlord and his wife took your 9 month pregnant wife to the hospital. Do you even care about how that makes you look? You are complaining about the mosquitos biting you and yet you taunt your wife that she was pretending that she wanted to die to garner sympathy from the landlord and is wife. I really hope you are joking
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by CYclone1(f): 5:42am On Jul 09, 2011
llade:

I work for a coy in Abuja, my wife told me on Thursday while I was at the office that she felt some abdominal pains. I told her to get a taxi to the coy's clinic, she refused insisting that I come from work to pick and drive her to our clinic (she always does this and I feel I should only leave the office when her condition really requires me to drive her to the hospital, afterall when she was 9 months pregnant she went to antenatal herself) but I refused since it was not serious then. I came back home from work about 9:15pm and to my dismay she was stil at home.
When she was 9 months pregnant? Is she still pregnant now? How many months now? cheesy

Ok, she probably knows what's up with her but;
a. She doesn't want you to be privy to that info
b. she knows all is well and was just playing for attention
Or c. she doesn't trust the docs at your coy's five star hospital!
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by busybody20: 7:15am On Jul 09, 2011
Get a Visit Visa to Uk next time and get FREE Hospital treatment  grin

after which you can extend by saying all your relatives and friends are in UK  cheesy  grin
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2011
llade, what are your priorities? Your pregnant wife comes first! You're whining about a bill, because you feel it'll jeopardise you buying some land. Is the land that important, in the grand scheme of things? You don't feel ashamed, that your landlord and his wife did what you as a husband, should be doing? Jeeze!

You're complaining about mosquito bites, and don't feel your wife has the right to complain about discomfort? She's nine months pregnant, for Pete's sake!
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2011
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by iice(f): 10:11am On Jul 09, 2011
Thank Odin my SIL can carry her own luggage cheesy

I understand you and i agree with Chaircover on you not monitoring her even if you thought she wasn't serious. And keeping this thing private. The more people, the more complicated it gets.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2011
Why can't she use her money to pay for her preffered quack
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Sicherheit(m): 4:42am On Jul 10, 2011
CY_clone:

When she was 9 months pregnant? Is she still pregnant now? How many months now?  cheesy

Ok, she probably knows what's up with her but;
a. She doesn't want you to be privy to that info

b. she knows all is well and was just playing for attention
Or c. she doesn't trust the docs at your coy's five star hospital!
How did you come to that conclusion? If she didn't want him to be privy to the information, why will she call him and then wait all day for him to come and take her to the hospital? Does that make any sense to you?
Some people just pull trash out of their anus and post so they can be counted present. undecided
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Outstrip(f): 4:48am On Jul 10, 2011
Sicherheit:

How did you come to that conclusion? If she didn't want him to be privy to the information, why will she call him and then wait all day for him to come and take her to the hospital? Does that make any sense to you?
Some people just pull trash out of their anus and post so they can be counted present. undecided

Wouldn't it be easier to keep it private if she was not using his company's hospital. I am almost certain that her husband will not go into the examining room with her. Especially when it is the kind of man that is okay with his landlord taking his pregnant wife to the hospital. IMO I think that you should go with a doctor you are comfortable with. I find it hard to believe that a woman wold go to a quack hospital that is expensive than one that is 5 star and not as expensive.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 10, 2011
What kind of sane if not a self centered woman will risk the health of her unborn child by going to a silly hospital when she can get a free and better health care from a high class hospital? just to punish one mumu man? is she nuts? is she crazy?

why is this man receiving all the blame? wat about her?
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by ifyalways(f): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2011
@OP,you and ur wife need "koboko" first.24 strokes for ur wife,49 for you.

First off is your wife currently pregnant?ur write up did not clear that.

If she were 9 mths preggie and called you,you ought to leave ur office,go pick and personally take her to hospital or at worst send a company driver to her.On the other hand if she wasn't preggie or when she called,her condition(as she reported) was not an emergency,she sould have easily used a taxi.
You I bet did not call her again to find out how she was faring,the outcome of the hospital visit etc.whats ur priority,Oga?
Again,you came back and lost it.You no matter hos tired u were should have taken ur wife to the hospital,not ur landlord.Your wife knows you are dead stubborn and she (might) have used that to cash in on you.Its possible(not saying for sure) that she played a fast one on you,she needs the extra cash.
All this wahala wud have been averted if u had showed more concern,controled ur temper and had the communication lines open.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by dayokanu(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2011
^^ So back to the topic, How would the quack hospital/doctor bill get paid
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by ifyalways(f): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
^He wud pay it ofcourse,that is if he's not paid it already.

Who paid for 'Chloe's' drink last night?psssf!
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Sicherheit(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2011
Outstrip:

Wouldn't it be easier to keep it private if she was not using his company's hospital. I am almost certain that her husband will not go into the examining room with her. Especially when it is the kind of man that is okay with his landlord taking his pregnant wife to the hospital. IMO I think that you should go with a doctor you are comfortable with. I find it hard to believe that a woman wold go to a quack hospital that is expensive than one that is 5 star and not as expensive.
Wouldn't it be easier to keep it private if she went to the hospital on her own without alerting him at all?
Have people just stopped thinking? undecided
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2011
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Outstrip(f): 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2011
Sicherheit:

Wouldn't it be easier to keep it private if she went to the hospital on her own without alerting him at all?
Have people just stopped thinking? undecided

Actually you are over analyzing and very narrowly I might add. Why would a woman who is 9 months pregnant and not feeling well not first ask for assistance from someone. would that someone not logically be the husband? You are simply over analyzing what she said. That was her thought on it and if you go with that line of thinking then it actually makes some sense.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Sicherheit(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2011
Outstrip:

Actually you are over analyzing and very narrowly I might add. Why would a woman who is 9 months pregnant and not feeling well not first ask for assistance from someone. would that someone not logically be the husband? You are simply over analyzing what she said. That was her thought on it and if you go with that line of thinking then it actually makes some sense.
Madam, let us see who is over analyzing the issue here

This is my stance - She is 9 months pregnant, she wasn't feeling well, she called her husband to come and take her to the hospital because she has nothing to hide.

This is your stance - She's 9 months pregnant, she was not feeling well. She knows what is wrong and she wants to conceal that information from her husband. Yet she calls said husband to come and take her to the hospital. Why? Because she knows since he won't be allowed into the examination room, her secret will remain hidden. Still in the mindset of keeping her secret from him, she does not go to the hospital but waits for her husband to come home from work and take her to the hospital even though he already told her hours ago to take a taxi.

Let's let the people decide which one is more logical and who is over analyzing the issue. undecided
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Outstrip(f): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2011
okay oga
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by tpia5: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2011
Weird thread.

Your wife is pregnant with your baby and you dont want to pay her medical bills?

Didnt understand the thread yesterday, reread it today and still dont get it.

Maybe if i read it a third time i'll have an inkling.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by ronkebp(f): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2011
This nairaland is becoming a forum for full grown married men to come on, and wash their 'dirty boxers'. Seriously? these men do not want to be useful any longer, common now, your wife is 9 full month pregnant and you are like, she is pretending? may you not 'je gbese', don't pay the medical expenses now, ' your landlord and his wife would pay it, shiorrrr!!!!!!!!
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by pslm23(f): 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2011
llade:

I work for a coy in Abuja, my wife told me on Thursday while I was at the office that she felt some abdominal pains. I told her to get a taxi to the coy's clinic, she refused insisting that I come from work to pick and drive her to our clinic (she always does this and I feel I should only leave the office when her condition really requires me to drive her to the hospital, afterall when she was 9 months pregnant she went to antenatal herself) but I refused since it was not serious then.

I might be wrong, but i think he's trying to say if he's wife could drive/take herself to the clinic for her antenatal when she was 9 months pregnant, she sure doesn't need him for what he considers minor "abdominal pains" 

I don't think he's saying she's currently pregnant but like i said, I could be wrong in my understanding of his post. Maybe he needs to expatiate some more on this.

Personally, I think she might be hiding some kind of ailment from her hubby and that's why she refused to go to the company clinic which is free compare to a mosquito biting clinic  grin with an absentee doctor who is now asking her hubby to pay the bills.

Oh well, that's just my take on it,   wink
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Sicherheit(m): 3:47am On Jul 11, 2011
pslm23:

I might be wrong, but i think he's trying to say if he's wife could drive/take herself to the clinic for her antenatal when she was 9 months pregnant, she sure doesn't need him for what he considers minor "abdominal pains" 

I don't think he's saying she's currently pregnant but like i said, I could be wrong in my understanding of his post. Maybe he needs to expatiate some more on this.

Personally, I think she might be hiding some kind of ailment from her hubby and that's why she refused to go to the company clinic which is free compare to a mosquito biting clinic  grin with an absentee doctor who is now asking her hubby to pay the bills.

Oh well, that's just my take on it,   wink
Maybe you women are wired differently or you have some special deciphering sense because I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that she has some kind of ailment she is hiding from her husband. The basis of your conclusion, that she went to another hospital, is so flimsy, it can be explained by saying since it was her Landlord and Landlady that helped her and it was very late at night, they took her to hospital closest to the house.
Once again, why will she be adamant about her husband coming home to take her to the hospital if she wants to hide her ailment from him?! undecided
So
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Smilenw(f): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2011
@OP SMH angry
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2011
jennykadry:

What kind of sane if not a self centered woman will risk the health of her unborn child by going to a silly hospital when she can get a free and better health care from a high class hospital? just to punish one mumu man? is she nuts? is she crazy?

why is this man receiving all the blame? wat about her?

I was thinking same what kind of a woman risks her life just to prove a silly point.abeg
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by armyofone(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2011
just because she was able to take herself to the hospital when she was preg does not mean you should not run home to help her in the situation she was in.
i think you have to apologize to her and pay the damn hospital bill. you should have taken an excuse, get home to take her to the coy hosp instead of allowing the landlord and her wifey take her there. she didn't ask you to get her visa to fly to UK to get abdominal treatment you dey here dey look for pity  grin if na me, na western country i go ask for  tongue
it tells alot the kind of man you are o. which kind man be this one sef, you only should be kobokonised! smh
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2011
armyofone:

just because she was able to take herself to the hospital when she was preg does not mean you should not run home to help her in the situation she was in.
i think you have to apologize to her and pay the damn hospital bill. you should have taken an excuse, get home to take her to the coy hosp instead of allowing the landlord and her wifey take her there. she didn't ask you to get her visa to fly to UK to get abdominal treatment you dey here dey look for pity grin if na me, na western country i go ask for tongue
it tells alot the kind of man you are o. which kind man be this one sef, you only should be kobokonised! smh

Which kain Koboko you dey talk about?
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2011
People are wierd sha . . Why will the wife expect her hubby to leave work and take her to a hospital when she could have gotten a taxi? Its not like she was dying or something . . She survived all day and still had time to go to landlord's house. Oh how we complicate things for ourselves!
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2011
llade:

I work for a coy in Abuja, my wife told me on Thursday while I was at the office that she felt some abdominal pains. I told her to get a taxi to the coy's clinic, she refused insisting that I come from work to pick and drive her to our clinic (she always does this and I feel I should only leave the office when her condition really requires me to drive her to the hospital, afterall when she was 9 months pregnant she went to antenatal herself) but I refused since it was not serious then. I came back home from work about 9:15pm and to my dismay she was stil at home. I then told her she was playin wit her health and wondered if I was out of town she wud wait until I come back b4 she goes to the clinic or must I always take her to the clinic at the slightest ailment or medical condition. I was very angry and told her to go to the hospital herself cos it was really not serious afterall she only did a scan 2 days before in our official clinic and was reassured all was well. Before I cud say jack she then told me she was goin to the hospital and went with the landlady and landlord  after doing as if she wanted to die. I was shocked when she called me later and said I shud come and pay the bills cos our coy clinic treat staff and their spouses free as part of our medical entitlement. I later realised that she went to a private clinic. My anger was fuelled the more because of the following reasons:
1. When I visited the clinic it was not a standard one wit only one doctor (he was not even around, imagine mosquitoes biting me when I visited) while we even have referal hospitals with oyibo medics
2. The doctor merely used the result of the test and scan she did in my coy's clinic
3. Worse still was the fact that I told her I wanted to buy a land in Abuja few days ago and these medical bills may put that into jeopardy
4. I advised a transfer to my coy's clinic cos of its standard and modern equipment, qualified doctors and of course it was my entitlement but she refused and insisted she must complete her treatment in the private clinic (this will definitely involve more money)
So I initially refused to pay the bills, but on a second thought and with the intervention of my mom,landlord, neighbours and inlaws I am now faced with the inevitability of paying these unwarranted bills.

you are an idiot for writing this.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2011
the missing word should be fool. i see NL is censoring my comments.
Re: My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2011
Ujujoan:

People are wierd sha . . Why will the wife expect her hubby to leave work and take her to a hospital when she could have gotten a taxi? Its not like she was dying or something . . She survived all day and still had time to go to landlord's house. Oh how we complicate things for ourselves!

uju has changed I cant imagine Uju saying this

This is what constant AMUlisation during honeymoon can do to someone

Enjoy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? / * Wife Beating And Domestic Violence * / Learn About Health Benefits Of Banana Peels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.