Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? (4980 Views)

Short Guy, Tall Girl Couple. .the Best Combination! / Video Of The Couple Having Sex At OAU Gate / Is This Couple The Definition Of True Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2011
A couple recently lost their child to death. They were extremely devastated, consequentially; they needed a break from work for some time to get over the loss.

The wife pleaded with her boss to give her the break. It took a while for the boss to agree, but he finally did. He gave her a 4 week-break.

The husband also got a break from his work-place, and the couple decided to go to the BAHAMAS!  cheesy  cool . They had a very good time.(understatement).

When they got back form the trip, they immediately uploaded the "BAHAMAS pictures" on an album on FACEBOOK and tagged "the whole world".

The wife got to her office to resume work on the Monday. She received a Sack letter instead. She was laid off.

The reason? The boss got to see the pictures on FACEBOOK and it obviously didn't sit well with him.

"She was supposed to be mourning, instead she's drinking Margaritas and chilling by the beach." <<<<Though this was the REAL reason why the boss sacked her, that wasn't what was said in the sack letter---(the boss found a flimsy excuse to lay her off).

So my question is: Who is at fault for the conflict? --- Facebook? The Couple/the wife? The boss?
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by butterflyy(f): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2011
The boss is selfish, whatever she does wth her break should be her business not his. hez jealous and greedy too.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by 190: 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2011
But why would the couple be in bahamas drinking when they claim they lost someone

are they on honey moon

or mourning moon

the boss is right undecided
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by MrsChima(f): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2011
If the couple indeed lost their child then the boss has no right to fire her PURELY BASED on pictures on Facebook however if he fire her because she broke a company rule or had bad performance report then that is legal.

If she can prove that she were discriminated because she chose not to cry in Bahamas then she would win but if she can't she is shit out of luck.

Companies have the right to fire employees with reasons or without reasons unless they were discriminated against or experienced sexual harassment.

If this happened in Nigeria. NEVER MIND.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

If the couple indeed lost their child then the boss has no right to fire her PURELY BASED on pictures on Facebook however if he fire her because she broke a company rule or had bad performance report then that is legal.

If she can prove that she were discriminated because she chose not to cry in Bahamas then she would win but if she can't she is poo out of luck.

Companies have the right to fire employees with reasons or without reasons unless they were discriminated against or experienced intimate harassment.

If this happened in Nigeria. NEVER MIND.

lol-- It happened in the states.

I mean, that wasn't what was written in the sack letter. He found a flimsy excuse to lay her off--- But the "Facebook situation" was the main reason (in his head). You dig?
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Cuddlemii: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2011
I saw an horror flick (Farmhouse 2008) similar to this. The couples killed their kid for life insurance money, moved to Seattle for a very good life but lost everything after wards and payed dearly.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2011
190:

But why would the couple be in bahamas drinking when they claim they lost someone
are they on honey moon
or mourning moon
the boss is right  undecided

The BAHAMAS trip is not even the problem. The can get over the loss however they want to--that's their business.

The problem is they were careless enough to let the boss see the pictures---thanks to Facebook.

I think THE COUPLE is at fault.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Nah, Ive seen a horror flick (Farmhouse 2008) similar to this. The couples killed their kid for life insurance money, moved to Seattle for a very good life but lost everything after wards and payed dearly.

What's all these? This is real sh1t jo. The kid died normally. No one killed him.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by MrsChima(f): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2011
BABE!:

lol-- It happened in the states.

I mean, that wasn't what was written in the sack letter. He found a flimsy excuse to lay her off--- But the "Facebook situation" was the main reason (in his head). You dig?

Yes, I "dig". tongue That's what I am talking about if she can't prove that she was discriminated then the boss is not at fault seeing that companies can fire their employees for ANY REASON OR NO REASONS unless her rights were violated in this case her rights weren't violated because he gave her the vacation time to mourn just so happens that the pictures were posted and ultimately caused her demise unfortunately. So basically we saying the same thing with different packaging. kiss
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2011
Ok! For Starters Leave the Husband outta this!
Who do i Blame?. . . Hmm

I can choose to blame the Boss or the wife! Why?

Boss
If the Wife Had "really "told Him About her Baby's death, and he saw how devastated she was, and gave her a break from work and then Makes a U turn and Fires Her, Then He's a P.U.N.K A.Z.Z! What she Does with her time is no Biz of His!

Wife
If she hadn't "really" told her boss that she lost a baby, and went on vacation, the boss would feel his intelligence has been toyed on! There Fore Serves Her Right! Whether she pasted pics or not She should be FIRED!

Now My Answer would depend on what "really" Happened. undecided

Every one Should LEARN HOW NOT TO ADD THEIR RESPECTIVE BOSSES TO THEIR FRIENDS LIST!
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Cuddlemii: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2011
BABE!:

What's all these? This is real sh1t jo. The kid died normally. No one killed him.

OK.

Then if that's the case, I think the parents have misplaced priority issues. What can be more devastating than loosing a child. Bahamas trip can be done any other time of the year. They should have mourned their child. Would the trip make up for what was lost, No.

Secondly, going against company policy at that sensitive time sends wrong signals. Its not ethical at all.

So facebook pics were supposed to do what to their grief, they just don't know how to handle things wisely
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Omolola1(f): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2011
the boss had no right to sack d woman cuz of picturez on fb, what she did wiv her break is purely her business. . .the couple also shuld av bn mournin dere child.
Btw, what was this boss doing on FB??
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2011
sexkillz:

Every one Should LEARN HOW NOT TO ADD THEIR RESPECTIVE BOSSES TO THEIR FRIENDS LIST!

You don't know that's a requirement in some work places nowadays--?

1) You must come early to work---check.

2) You must dress appropraitely---check.

3) You must accept your Boss's friend request on Facebook ASAP.---check.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^^^ Okies! I have all qualifications you are looking for, but i am not on facebook and i dont intend joining facebook, so that it doesn't cause a distraction at work! How about that?! undecided
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^ lol--chei! What's happening to everyone's sense of humor? Is it because I'm not bathing my posts with smiley faces like I always do?

Well, sexkillz, I was joking. That's not requirement.

However, the "facebook connection" thing is really affecting people at work nowadays.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by african1(f): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2011
It is both thier faults. The boss shouldn't have fired her based on pictures he saw on facebook, but at the sametime, when he sees her on vacation having fun and drinking he may think she lied to him. Also couple are nuts! How do you enjoy yourself when your child just died. If you want mourn and get over at least give it sometime. Ps why does this remind me of Casey Anthony? I think it is because she went parting when her baby was lost.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by 677ano(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2011
How do you explain that people who just lost their child are having fun rather than mourning?
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Tosinville(m): 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2011
The boss is right, whats their mission in bahamas when they claimed they lost someone?
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by MrsChima(f): 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2011
Again, the boss can fire the employee WITH OR WITHOUT reasons UNLESS the employees weren't discriminated or experienced sexual harassment.

Pictures or no pictures.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Mynd44: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2011
They were probably trying to get another child and they needed to get in that special mood
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2011
Who uploaded the pictures to facebook - the wife or the husband?
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by MrsChima(f): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2011
Why would they even use their real name on Facebook anyways? undecided
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2011
J12:

Who uploaded the pictures to facebook - the wife or the husband?

LOL---What kind of yeye question is this--? Both of them.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by 190: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2011
^HALT there where are we doing our honey moon!! angry angry
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by 27naira(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2011
Her intent was diversionary, the vacation was "misapprioprated"  cheesy

It was suppose to be an emergency vacation on compassionate basis not for taquila-on-the rock session.

if i were the boss, i will feel like i was misguided. you don't mourn a dead child by tanning at the beach, are you Casey Anthony?

His decision might not have been premeditated, but rather a reflex. Either way, he felt his compassion was abused.

Don't blame him, the company might be going through hard times for such frivolities.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by sweeti14(f): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2011
BABE!:

You don't know that's a requirement in some work places nowadays--?

1) You must come early to work---check.

2) You must dress appropraitely---check.

3) You must accept your Boss's friend request on Facebook ASAP.---check.

That's why we have multiple ID's wink
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2011
BABE!:

LOL---What kind of yeye question is this--? Both of them.

Then they should be both fired.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2011
J12:

Then they should be both fired.

Someone didn't read my story properly.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by 2Praise: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2011
Tht word 'consequentially undecided Am sure they mourned,found it unbearable to go on wth things as usual and therefore needed 2 get away from the environment 4 a while to get over it.If you've nevr lost a loved word then u can never understand this part.
Posting photos wasnt bad either.Its the message passed across and how evrybody perceives it and if there was no foul play in the death, then,the boss erred in firing her.
Thts infringing their privacy cz fb is just a social site. You dnt dictate how smbody overcomes grief.(unless its Company policy) undecided
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2011
2Praise:

Tht word 'consequentially

What do you mean?
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by 2Praise: 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2011
I think we are assuming that they went to bahamas even b4 the flowers on the grave had withered. It must have been weeks later or dd they have tickets ready as they were busy burying? In that case then? undecided undecided sad
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2011
Thank God no-one is blaming Facebook. I would have cyber-slapped that person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Woo A Lady / I Need A White Man To Date And Marry! / The Life Of An Only Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.