Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? (3498 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Music Videos Better Than The Home Movies? / Are Nigerian Movies Actually The Best In Africa? / Are Nigerian Movies Really That Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Kalman(m): 10:05am On Jul 10, 2011
It has come to my utmost displeasure that Nigerians copy too much. And as a matter of fact this negative trend is practiced shamefully by the all Producers in Nollywood.
Please Guys what's the way forward about something like this? Must we always show the world we learn as children how to copy from another persons work in class?
Can't we be innovative for once?

Am set to stop watching any made in Nigeria Movie. Don't know about you guys?

And by the way, is this suppose to be funny?

Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by iice(f): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2011
Title is wacky. Not even talking about the spoof.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2011
Are they for real?

BTW, the cover is so disgusting.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2011
Face of an Enfant Terrible Nollywood grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by obailala(m): 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2011
WHy do I have a feeling that this movie isn't real? . . this cover also doesn't look real. This must just be a fabrication of the poster to ridicule Nigerians (I wish). Even if anyone decides to produce this movie, then i think its just a comic imitation of the real stuff and there's nothing wrong with the idea grin.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by obailala(m): 12:00am On Jul 11, 2011
Showing on cinemas, May 41st grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by ijawgirl: 12:38am On Jul 11, 2011
I dont believe

def photoshop!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by obinna5000(m): 12:51am On Jul 11, 2011
obailala:

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by ebere1712: 1:21am On Jul 11, 2011
Abeg there`s definitely nothing wrong with spoofing· carry go nollywood·
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by aloyemeka1: 2:33am On Jul 11, 2011
There is no movie like that from Nollywood. The picture is photoshopped.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 11, 2011
Nollywood = Plagiarism angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by segevu(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy a group of friends and i made these movie spoofs on facebook,
It was a competition by pixel ninjas Guild a graphic art group on facebook which i belong to, this was somebody's entry cant believe u guys believed it,  :d :d
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by segevu(m): 7:24am On Jul 11, 2011
pixel9g.tumblr.com/ngMovieSpoofs cheesy cheesy see the rest here,  Spread the word and laughter,  PNG rules!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by obinna5000(m): 7:52am On Jul 11, 2011
@segevu
So, you're a graphic artist. Your Nollywood movie poster spoofs are quite good especially "Queen's Speesh".

http://pixel9g.tumblr.com/ngMovieSpoofs
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by segevu(m): 8:06am On Jul 11, 2011
cheesy cheesy well i only made of dem the atupa 5 one the rest are by some of naija's finest,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Sike(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2011
9ja for live!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by ndgfx(m): 9:26am On Jul 11, 2011
grin
Kalman:

It has come to my utmost displeasure that Nigerians copy too much. And as a matter of fact this negative trend is practiced shamefully by the all Producers in Nollywood.
Please Guys what's the way forward about something like this? Must we always show the world we learn as children how to copy from another persons work in class?

ROFLWKMD!!!!! By way of setting the records straight, this is a spoof, and it's never ever going to be produced (i hope, don't want to be giving these guys ideas)

saxywale:

Nollywood = Plagiarism angry

True. Whilst we had fun making these posters, the underlying idea was that the overall body of stakeholders in nollywood improves the quality of the movies they output. Sometimes, i get the feeling that it's a secret mass propaganda with the aim of dumbing down the general populace by selling them really dumbed down ideas. Say, i take a cross-section of 10 movies and watch all of them, i reckon that 8 of them all talk about love, 9 of them is about greed, money and repercussions thereof, 5 of them include witches and other forms of sorcery, the list is endless. Can't someone out there make a brilliant film that is epic and still as close to our everyday existence as possible?

All in all, i thank you guys for seeing our works. Do help us spread the word. We can only be the change we want to see.

From Nd.gfx (curating Ninja, PixelNinjas)
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by segevu(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2011
Our Curating Ninja has spoken,
Read  @nd.gfx's post below,
So u guys should celebrate the creativity the artists put into this and stop being serious,
Follow the previous link to see more,
We had lotsa fun,
Lots of fun,
Lots
cheesy cheesy :-&
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by igbsam(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2011
Start watching Yoruba movies, they make more sense than dis igbo producers, Believe me.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by sjkeri(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2011
I am ninja, are you?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by busayochic: 10:19am On Jul 11, 2011
thats small compared to this one:

Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by MMM2(m): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2011
Is it a BF ? angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by segevu(m): 10:26am On Jul 11, 2011
M M M:

Is it a BF ? angry

cheesy perv,  tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by negus: 10:35am On Jul 11, 2011
shames nollywood.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 11, 2011
[size=15pt]I stopped watching Nigerian movies a long time ago, I just can't stand the bad picture quality among other flaws. [/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2011
obailala:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by sylve11: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2011
obailala:

lol grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by cold(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2011
I'd love to watch 'The Queen's Speesh' & 'Thorine:The Goddess of Blunder'.Those movies must be box office hits cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by exago(m): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2011
Nudity should be stopped.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by Ruq: 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2011
OP This is photoshopped so what's the big deal? why din't you complain about jide kosoko's Spatarcus
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by executinal(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2011
Kalman:

and what do you say to china angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Not Traditionally Innovative? by olabodesy: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2011
Bad Title, Worse Character, Worst Editing. It's disgusting.

(1) (Reply)

Morris Chestnut, Lynn Whitfield, Asa Two Face : Set To Storm AMAA 2012! / I Need Advice And Logistics Partners For A Talent Reality Show. / How To Find Erotic Movies For Free (Download erotic cinema movies free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.