Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238109 members, 1649953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 01:42 PM

Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here - Ethnic/Racial Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic/Racial Politics / Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here (4267 Views)

Biafra, Oduduwa And Northern Nigeria Flags. / Musiwa Is The Best Candidate For Oduduwa Republic Presidency. / Draft Constitution For People Republic Of Benin Here (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by kpogede77: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2011
We the people of Oodua Republic decided to give ourselves the following constitution:
Chapter one:
1. The supremacy of the constitution:
This constitution is supreme, if there is any law that is not consistent with this constitution, the constitution shall prevail and that other law shall to the extent of its deviation be invalid.
2 States that make up the republic:
Oduduwa Republic shall consist of ten states which are :Lagos, Ogun,Oyo,Osun,Ekiti,Ondo,Edo,Delta,Kogi and Kwara states.
Chapter two
Fundamental Human Right:
Right to life
Right to freedom of religion
Right to freedom of speech
Right to freedom of information
Add more to this constitution let us have a frame work with which we can work because the moment we break away, there will be a lot of work at hand to do to ensure accelerated development that will catch up with the number of years the locust of Boko Haram and its people have eaten from our progress as a nation.
Let us do all the necessary argument and impute to a resemblance of a constitution that we would like to work with. If anyone has a better constitution that we can amend to suit our purpose, he can post it let us do the amendment here but certainly not Nigerian constitution. We don’t want to have anything to do with the Nigerian constitution because we are not Nigerians.
It is only a fool that will think that Oduduwa Republic and Biafra Republic are not real, whether Boko Haram stop the bombing campaign or not. They are already using the Hesbola formula and they will take over their territory very soon. There is nothing FG can do about it. We have to break away on time before their suicide bombers start boarding flight from Lagos to London to give us a bad reputation. A very strict condition has to be embedded in the constitution for granting entry visa into Oduduwa Republic by northerners and they will be closely monitored, any Hausa Fulani who smuggle himself into Oduduwa Rep. without a visa should be sentenced to 21yrs imprisonment with hard labour. That is the only way foreigners will be willing to invest in the new republic. Biafra Rep will have no need for a visa to enter Oduduwa Rep. Biafra citizen will have all the right that Oduduwa citizen has except voting right. To be continued. Add more suggestion that will enrich this constitution.

Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Afam4eva(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
Abeg remove Delta state from your list b4 amadioha crash your laptop. And pls we have more pressing issues on our hands right now and not this child's play.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by otapiapia: 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2011
afam4eva:

Abeg remove Delta state from your list b4 amadioha crash your laptop. And pls we have more pressing issues on our hands right now and not this child's play.

Alh. Haram, dont forget removing Edo out of your list too after Delta.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by namanama: 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2011
you know anyone who him head correct, which want remain for naija.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Chyz*: 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2011
kpogede77:

We the people of Oodua Republic decided to give ourselves the following constitution:
Chapter one:
This constitution is supreme, if there is any law that is not consistent with this constitution, the constitution shall prevail and that other law shall to the extent of its deviation be invalid.
      2  States that make up the republic:
      Oduduwa Republic shall consist of ten states which are :Lagos,     Ogun,Oyo,Osun,Ekiti,Ondo,Edo,Delta,Kogi and Kwara states.
Chapter two
Fundamental Human Right:
Right to life
Add more to this constitution let us have a frame work with which we can work because the moment we break away, there will be a lot of  work at hand to do to ensure accelerated development that will catch up with the number of years the locust of Boko Haram and its people have eaten from our progress as a nation.
Let us do all the necessary argument and impute to a resemblance of a constitution that we would like to work with.  If anyone has a better constitution that we can amend to suit our purpose, he can post it let us do the amendment here but certainly not Nigerian constitution. We don’t want to have anything to do with the Nigerian constitution because we are not Nigerians.
It is only a fool that will think that Oduduwa Republic and Biafra Republic are not  real, whether Boko Haram stop the bombing campaign or not. They are already using the Hesbola formula and they will take over their territory very soon. There is nothing FG can do about it. We have to break away on time before their suicide bombers start boarding flight from Lagos to London to give us a bad reputation. A very strict condition has to be embedded in the constitution for granting entry visa into Oduduwa Republic by northerners and they will be closely monitored, any Hausa Fulani who smuggle himself into Oduduwa Rep. without a visa should be sentenced to 21yrs imprisonment with hard labour. That is the only way foreigners will be willing to invest in the new republic. Biafra Rep will have no need for a visa to enter Oduduwa Rep. Biafra citizen will have all the right that Oduduwa citizen has except voting right. To be continued. Add more suggestion that will enrich this constitution.

Remove Delta State because it'll never happen we aint yoruba or from oduduwa. Remove edo because they never agreed to it. Remove the non-yoruba parts of Ondo, Kwara, and Kogi States because they definitely wouldn't go, especially not to a country named after someone that has nothing to do with them or their history. Stick to yorubas and let the others have free will to choose. cool
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by alj_harem: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2011
otapiapia:

why is my name there grin grin grin grin grin or i am kpogede as well

i dey laff ooo
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by kcswat: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2011
Alj haram don come again with his tactics. Ewu nama. Pls pals ignore him ooooo
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Negro_Ntns(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2011
Except that the limitations to the rights of entry imposed on the Norterner shall likewise apply to Easterners, I have no comment!
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by alj_harem: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2011
alj harem must be a very terrible person ooo grin grin grin grin

u na no go kill pesin oooo grin grin grin

yeah kpogede is alj harem just like many others

i hope it makes u sleep tonight
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by jason123: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
kpogede77:

Chapter one:
2 States that make up the republic:
Oduduwa Republic shall consist of ten states which are :Lagos, Ogun,Oyo,Osun,Ekiti,Ondo,Edo,Delta,Kogi and Kwara states.
Chapter two
Fundamental Human Right:
Right to life
Add more to this constitution let us have a frame work with which we can work because the moment we break away, there will be a lot of work at hand to do to ensure accelerated development that will catch up with the number of years the locust of Boko Haram and its people have eaten from our progress as a nation.
Let us do all the necessary argument and impute to a resemblance of a constitution that we would like to work with. If anyone has a better constitution that we can amend to suit our purpose, he can post it let us do the amendment here but certainly not Nigerian constitution. We don’t want to have anything to do with the Nigerian constitution because we are not Nigerians.
It is only a fool that will think that Oduduwa Republic and Biafra Republic are not real, whether Boko Haram stop the bombing campaign or not. They are already using the Hesbola formula and they will take over their territory very soon. There is nothing FG can do about it. We have to break away on time before their suicide bombers start boarding flight from Lagos to London to give us a bad reputation. A very strict condition has to be embedded in the constitution for granting entry visa into Oduduwa Republic by northerners and they will be closely monitored, any Hausa Fulani who smuggle himself into Oduduwa Rep. without a visa should be sentenced to 21yrs imprisonment with hard labour. That is the only way foreigners will be willing to invest in the new republic. Biafra Rep will have no need for a visa to enter Oduduwa Rep. Biafra citizen will have all the right that Oduduwa citizen has except voting right. To be continued. Add more suggestion that will enrich this constitution.

My Uhrobo brother, I am from Delta but I will prefer Southern Nigeria than Oodua simply because we will be absorbed if true federalism is not practised in the New Oodua.
I want to know your thoughts on this . . .

afam4eva:

Sharrrap!!! Asaba will simply be cut off . . . grin grin wink

otapiapia:

Edo will ALWAYS go if the SW leaves. The Yorubas and Edos are indivisible FYI!!! In case you are in doubt, ask the average Edo or Yoruba man. . .

Chyz*:

Remove Delta State because it'll never happen we aint yoruba or from oduduwa. Remove edo because they never agreed to it. Remove the non-yoruba parts of Ondo, Kwara, and Kogi States because they definitely wouldn't go, especially not to a country named after someone that has nothing to do with them or their history. Stick to yorubas and let the others have free will to choose. cool

But A Yoruba clan (Olukumi) is located in Anioma . . . wink cheesy
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Chyz*: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2011
jason123:

But A Yoruba clan (Olukumi) is located in Anioma . . . wink cheesy

Wrong, they are not a yoruba clan but settlers who overwhelming and pretty much Igbo now. So i guess the Igbo people people in oshodi are an Igbo clan as well right?  grin
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by jason123: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2011
Chyz*:

Wrong, they are not a yoruba clan but settlers who overwhelming and pretty much Igbo now. So i guess the Igbo people people in oshodi are an Igbo clan as well right?  grin

Haba Chyz cheesy, how come they did not settle in Edo or Delta south but decided to settle in Delta North That is suspicious ooo!!!
Personally, I think the South has more to gain if they stick together than breaking off again undecided. What I mean by this is, where will the Igbo properties go to in Lagos?? What about those people with mixed heritage I am sure Bendel will not want to create any rift between Igbos and Yorubas so they will prefer SN but if SN is not possible, then I am sure they will prefer Oodua with true federalism.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by becomrichv: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2011
we have not told you, we want the nation to be called Oduduwa republic, why are you igbos so concern about the name. The name will be "the people republic of Benin."
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by jason123: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2011
^^^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by nateevs(m): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2011
Hehehehe. . . Jobless Internet Warriors who crave separation cannot even agree on what constitutes the new State. Instead of you to worry about how we can solve our problems as a Nation, you are drawing up plans for for even bigger problems you have no idea about. You think setting up a Nation begins and ends with a constitution?

Pfft!
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2011
Ijebu igbos are igbos so they will have to relocate to biafraland grin grin grin grin
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by jason123: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
Ogbonaikenna:

Ijebu igbos are igbos so they will have to relocate to biafraland grin grin grin grin

GBAM!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by lagcity(m): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
Ogbonaikenna:

but biafraland is too tiny. you enjoy overcrowding?
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Chyz*: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
jason123:

Haba Chyz  cheesy, how come they did not settle in Edo or Delta south but decided to settle in Delta North That is suspicious ooo!!!
Personally, I think the South has more to gain if they stick together than breaking off again  undecided. What I mean by this is, where will the Igbo properties go to in Lagos?? What about those people with mixed heritage I am sure Bendel will not want to create any rift between Igbos and Yorubas so they will prefer SN but if SN is not possible, then I am sure they will prefer Oodua with true federalism.

Because they decided to settle in delta north,lol. must they settle in edo or delta south? In fact are you even sure not branched off into edo? They are from ondo state, not anioma, so they have no say. They are igbo anyways so it doesnt matter. I dare you go there i say they are yoruba grin. . .

Now because oduduwa republic is formed doesnt mean anything will happen to igbos property. If it does, which i dont expect, the same will happen to yoruba properties in the East so no big deal.

Now, bendel can choose where they want. As for u saying you are shure they will go to oodua if true federalism is reached, like Beaf once said, his people(urhobo/isoko) will more likely go with Biafra over Oodua! You should google its constitution.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Negro_Ntns(m): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
What I mean by this is, where will the Igbo properties go to in Lagos?

That's Igbo headache, not Yoruba's.

There is a programme for the mixed heritage and those 3rd and future generation Igbos. The programme will be revealed and implemented under the nation.

There shall never, repeat never, be a Southern republic of a joint ownership with Igbo.

If such shoiuld happen it will reborn the Yoruba Imperial ambition to conquer and expand into neighboring territories. We want to leave those traits buried in the past.

1 Like

Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by lagcity(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2011
Chyz*:

Because they decided to settle in delta north,lol. must they settle in edo or delta south? In fact are you even sure not branched off into edo? They are from ondo state, not anioma, so they have no say. They are igbo anyways so it doesnt matter. I dare you go there i say they are yoruba grin. . .

Now because oduduwa republic is formed doesnt mean anything will happen to igbos property. If it does, which i dont expect, [b]the same will happen to yoruba properties in the East so no big deal.[/b]Now, bendel can choose where they want. As for u saying you are shure they will go to oodua if true federalism is reached, like Beaf once said, his people(urhobo/isoko) will more likely go with Biafra over Oodua! You should google its constitution.

they are from Ondo state and they are Igbo? since when did Olukumi ppl become Igbo. Yoruba property in the east is negligible compared to Igbo property in Yorubaland. Yorubas don't invest in the east.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Lucifa2015: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2011
Una don start again Ooo, my Southern Ladyboys from West and East, foolish b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s, I know say una wan bend over for the almajiri UsmanDamPolio forkers! Make una no worry, my army of darkness go visit una soon, una stooooopid persin pickin!
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by becomrichv: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2011
i
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by becomrichv: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
abayomi

Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by becomrichv: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2011
agbor

Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by lagcity(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2011
Lucifa2015:

Una don start again Ooo, my Southern Ladyboys from West and East, foolish b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s, I know say una wan bend over for the almaji UsmanDamPolio forkers! Make una no worry, my army of darkness go visit una soon, una stooooopid persin pickin!

Hey Lucifa, if i jam u for my area, u go hear am. what happened to the black female goat i sacrificed to u last month? The bank has not mistakenly credited my account with the ten million as you promised.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by kpogede77: 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2011
@ Otapiapia & Afam4ever
If you say we should remove Edo and Delta from the new republic, then tell us where you want Edo and Delta to be. It can neither be in Republic of Boko Haram nor Republic of Biafra. Niger delta Republic is practically impossible, so where do you want Edo and delta to be? Give reasons why it should be there.
@Jason123
But you know say we nor dey carry last now, it is true federalism all the way. The concept of southern Nigeria will not work well because there will still be this rivalry between Igbo and Yoruba in their quest for power and that will hamper development. In Nigeria today people don’t think about development any more but how to grab power and empty the treasury. Turn by turn collection is the bane of Nigeria but a relatively homogeneous state like this will focus more on development rather than sectional politics that has made Nigeria stagnant in terms of development.
@Chyz
Take note, Biafra Republic is not 100% Igbo, why do you expect Ooduwa to be 100% Yoruba? The hell called Nigeria that we are today is made up of Arabs, Chadians, Somalians, etc and yet some of you are not complaining. What can you benefit from this present Nigeria that you cannot benefit from Ooduwa Rep? Over 70% of our oil money goes to the north and yet they still have the guts to kill our people. The amount spent on Abuja alone is enough to turn Edo, delta and Ondo states into paradise.
For those who are not comfortable with the name Ooduwa Republic, we can decide to change the name to Bini Republic or Urhobo Republic or even Okpe-Isoko Republic. We may even call it Okere –Urhobo or Aja mimogha Republic, it doesn’t really change anything, what is more important is the oneness of the people and the relative homogeneity and believe, after all Biafra is an Ijaw name but that does not change the fact that Biafra is predominantly an Igbo Nation.
The Olukumi people of delta state are not Igbo, they told me personally that they are Yorubas, they are here in Warri. Olukumi has no meaning in Igbo but it has meaning in Itsekiri.
For those talking about mixed tribe, just the way a Nigerian born American has the right to both countries, they will choose where to belong. On the issue of properties, so many Nigerians have properties in UK and nobody is denying them access to their properties, the same applies to the new republic.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by jason123: 12:52am On Jul 11, 2011
kpogede77:

@ Otapiapia & Afam4ever
If you say we should remove Edo and Delta from the new republic, then tell us where you want Edo and Delta to be. It can neither be in Republic of Boko Haram nor Republic of Biafra. Niger delta Republic is practically impossible, so where do you want Edo and delta to be? Give reasons why it should be there.
I have always asked myself this same question. I definitely know that I or my people will NEVER (no hate intended) join Biafra. Hence, I suggested Southern Nigeria or Oodua (the very last alternative). Anyway, I will be waiting for their answer . . .

kpogede77:
@Jason123
But you know say we nor dey carry last now, it is true federalism all the way. The concept of southern Nigeria will not work well because there will still be this rivalry between Igbo and Yoruba in their quest for power and that will hamper development. In Nigeria today people don’t think about development any more but how to grab power and empty the treasury. Turn by turn collection is the bane of Nigeria but a relatively homogeneous state like this will focus more on development rather than sectional politics that has made Nigeria stagnant in terms of development.
For Oodua to work, federalism is a MUST!!! The Ijebu, Egba, Awori, Ilajes, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Edos etc can all rule themselves after all, the Oyo empire and to an extent the Benin empire operated federalism as their core principles and that is why we have the Oba of Benin, Oba of Eko, Oba of Ilaje, Olubadan etc . . .
Speaking to an Edo guy recently, he said he cannot wait to hold be in Oodua republic and hold the passport. Well, lets see how it goes sha . . . . undecided

kpogede77:
@Chyz
Take note, Biafra Republic is not 100% Igbo, why do you expect Ooduwa to be 100% Yoruba? The hell called Nigeria that we are today is made up of Arabs, Chadians, Somalians, etc and yet some of you are not complaining. What can you benefit from this present Nigeria that you cannot benefit from Ooduwa Rep? Over 70% of our oil money goes to the north and yet they still have the guts to kill our people. The amount spent on Abuja alone is enough to turn Edo, delta and Ondo states into paradise.
For those who are not comfortable with the name Ooduwa Republic, we can decide to change the name to Bini Republic or Urhobo Republic or even Okpe-Isoko Republic. We may even call it Okere –Urhobo or Aja mimogha Republic, it doesn’t really change anything, what is more important is the oneness of the people and the relative homogeneity and believe, after all Biafra is an Ijaw name but that does not change the fact that Biafra is predominantly an Igbo Nation.
The Olukumi people of delta state are not Igbo, they told me personally that they are Yorubas, they are here in Warri. Olukumi has no meaning in Igbo but it has meaning in Itsekiri.
For those talking about mixed tribe, just the way a Nigerian born American has the right to both countries, they will choose where to belong. On the issue of properties, so many Nigerians have properties in UK and nobody is denying them access to their properties, the same applies to the new republic.

@ Highlighted, THAT IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION!!
! grin
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by jason123: 12:59am On Jul 11, 2011
My fellow Deltean, to be honest, Oodua has got me dreaming . . .
With Lagos and Delta [/b]state (Warri) spear-heading the development of our country . . .  shocked shocked shocked grin
[b]Benin
being OUR (whether Yoruba, Itsekiri, Uhrobo etc) cultural center . . .
We have got oil from Lagos all the way to Delta and Edo. Gold in Ogun, Oyo and co. Ekiti and her natural beauty
Kwara and Kogi with being our Agricultural center. . . .
A rail way to link the whole country and transport people to and from Lagos and Delta . . .
Wow, dreams . . . grin grin grin
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by kpogede77: 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2011
The federal capital territory shall be in Lagos state and the power to create and fund local government shall be vested on the state government.
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2011
I dey laff
Re: Draft Constitution For Oduduwa Republic Here by kpogede77: 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2011
PART 2
POWERS OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
1 Legislative powers
2 Executive powers
3 Judicial powers
4 Local government systems
5 New states and boundary adjustment
6 Mode of altering the provisions of the constitution
7 Prohibition of state religion
8 Public order and public security
9 Implementation of treaties
10 Foreign policy objectives
11 Environmental objectives
Let us discuss this sub sections one after the other to obtain an agreeable provision on this chapter

(0) (1) (2) (Reply)

UPDATED BIAFRA NEWS FOR 5 FEB. 2013: EDITORIAL COMMENT FROM RBL / Can The Fulani/hausa Wait Till 2051 Before Becoming President or Yoruba 2048 / Worst Things About Nigerians In General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.