Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. (22938 Views)

NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Senate Approves Increment Of Nysc Allowances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by surveycash(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2011
This is no news. It has been b4 I started service, it still presently and so shall it be after I leave. This the same way the D.G raised our hopes in March. Am sure he's started his camp tours now and the Amebos are publicizing his words.

Until I receive the alert, na lie.
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by samyng(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2011
AT LAST GOOD NEWS FOR CORPERS, THIS NEW ALLOWANCE WILL DEFINITELY HELP ALOT AS THERE ARE SO MANY CORP MEMBERS SUFFERING OUT THERE STILL ASKING PARENTS FOR MONEY MONTHLY, THIS WILL HELP ALONG WAY TO HELP THEM ESPECIALLY THE FEMALES

FROM the Federal Government came yesterday cheery news for Corps members.
Their monthly allowance has been jacked up from N9,775.00 to N19,800.
President Goodluck Jonathan approved the increment in a letter to the Office of the Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, (NYSC). The letter has been sent to all state coordinators. Brig. Gen Maharatzu Tsiga, who spoke to reporters in Abuja said: “I am delighted to inform you that the President and Commander-in- Chief, Goodluck Jonathan has graciously approved increment in the Corps members allowances from N9,775.00 to N19,800.00 with effect from March, 2011.
“ The payment will take effect from March, 2011”, he said.
“2010 Batch ‘B’ Corps members that just passed out from the scheme will therefore be paid in arrears,” he said.
Tsiga, appreciating the gesture, said Corps members should be appreciated for their contribution to national development.
He said the struggle for the increment has been on for a long time.
“They are serving their fatherland, we are posting them to states outside their state of origin, nobody gives them anything except the allowances and it has been stipulated in the law establishing the NYSC that the Federal, States, Local Government and other stakeholders should periodically review the allowances of the Corps members,” he said.
He called on states and local governments to emulate the gesture of the Federal Government and improve on the allowances, accommodation and other welfare of the Corps members as the future of the country, he said, is in their hands.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/12148-corps-members-to-earn-n19-800.html
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2011
THANK GOD GOODLUCK IS HERE TO SAVE US
FROM THE HAND OF THESE FORMER 'ALMAJIRI' PRESIDENTS grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by MMM2(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2011
Dats still peanuts.
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by ocholiogoh: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2011
Dat's a very good news to hear,let pray to God for the time implementation of the passege, with God all our problems will gradually vamose if they (leaders) start taken the dimensions of th average nigerian heart desires.
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by DaDoctor: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
@MMM still peanuts? are you aware the states pay and the org pay (not all in this case but most)?
Please it is okay!
Afterall graduates earn 20-30k in this country
UP GEJ JARE!
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by steve20114ril(m): 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
i think its high time corp members start seeking a second term
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by phemi01(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lucky corp members. After NYSC, some crazy employers will offer them 10 or 15k as salary. MAD COUNTRY
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by abohrandy: 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
left for me, they should call off this nonsense!!!
its just a waste of time,
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by CuteTj(m): 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2011
Me wey just pass out for june this year,hope i'll collect the 10k plus arrears from march making it 40k? If they dont give me my money, i'll specially call in BOKO HARAM to help me retrieve my money from FG & NYSC and you know what that means. I cant shout, im waiting!!
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by totorimi: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2011
What GEJ should do to corpers now that parents are no longer allowing their kids to serve in the North is this. Calculate what the total amount will be for the each corp member and pay it to them. If I asked I will suggest that every graduate be given a check of at least 1M which will be reviewed from time to time. This is still cheaper than the cost of camping a corp member for 3 weeks, there after every graduate will be charged to come up with a solution that will be applicable to Nigeria as a whole, it could be a policy formulation, could be a project could be a system, could be a work of art or song or anything that will impact on the generality of Nigeria. For every successful solution/ project the government will take it up by engaging the corp member that comes up with it. This will redefine the prsent youth service and make it more challeneging and rewarding than the present charade going on.
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by kinguwem: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
GEJ is a 'youth friendly' President. Three hearty cheers to the C-in-C.
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by Bokoharam: 6:42am On Jul 13, 2011
dabrake:

haba banks! Deductin N200 frm dat peanut?

samoks
Insert Quote
Quote from: airroseice on Yesterday at 03:28:34 AM
9,750.00 NGN
Banks deduct N200 NGN service charge so the corpers get 9,550.00 NGN

All these silly banks in Naija sef, why deduct N200 from a paltry 9750? Why not deduct it from the salaries of NASS members?

silly idiotic pple. Rubbish.

Most people do not understand banking. Do we know the cost to a bank for managing one account? We need to ask before talking, okay?
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by passionate88: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
Even if they increased it to 100,000 naira, No member of my family serving will serve in the North.
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by Egelife(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
Since August last year this news has been on air, the corpers were glad on its first pronouncement but were disappointed since then (noting has changed), so why raising our hearts again. For me o, this month will determine if its true or not grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by nsiadi: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
Honestly I dont think its adequate to pay Corpers N19,800

If the new minimum wage is N18,000 & its for lowest paid level 01 workers is the government placing them on level 02 or what ?

Compare with former minimum wage which was N6,000 when Corpers were getting N9,000

Now that the new wage has gone up three folds corpers should be getting above N27,000

Sounds more reasonable, looks like, but when compared with what our Law makers get then its laughable
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by AlabaSlim: 2:15am On Jul 14, 2011
Jus 2 mk sure COPAS SERVE IN D NORTH & DIE
HATLESS POLITICIANS LUKIN 4 MORE BLOOD 2 SUCK
GOD SAVE D POOR
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by ixora3(f): 2:46am On Jul 14, 2011
why didnt they increase it when my boyfriend was servin.mtcheww
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by femolala001(m): 12:32am On Aug 20, 2015
ixora3:
why didnt they increase it when my boyfriend was servin.mtcheww
Lmaooooo!!!! I guess ur boyfriend is now working now.. He should be ur hubby by now sef if u guyz are still together!
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by ixora3(f): 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
femolala001:

Lmaooooo!!!! I guess ur boyfriend is now working now.. He should be ur hubby by now sef if u guyz are still together!
lol wow did I write dis?what luv can do.well we broke up for a like a year nw and am done serving sef.yea and my ex is working nw.na me still d find work
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by dahmorla: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
As an Adplus Adpreneur you can earn beyond your expectation without stress by soliciting and booking Adverts in the Newspapers such as Announcements, Congratulatory Messages, Obituaries, Change of Names from Individuals, Companies or Government and then place those Adverts in the requested Newspaper via the Adplus360 Portal (www.adplus.ng).
And earn as high as a 25% commission on every advert placed via the portal.

Interested? Kindly reach us, you can get more information by filling the feedback form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MqqKu6zGQugt5EJjyFW6hBPZXOhdRFLs280sRVgZvHo/viewform?c=0&w=1
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by femolala001(m): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
ixora3:
lol wow did I write dis?what luv can do.well we broke up for a like a year nw and am done serving sef.yea and my ex is working nw.na me still d find work
Lol! Don't mind me o, was going through archives b4 I stumbled on ur comment. For how long hav u finished serving?
Re: Corps Members' Monthly Allowances Has Been Increased. by ixora3(f): 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
femolala001:

Lol! Don't mind me o, was going through archives b4 I stumbled on ur comment. For how long hav u finished serving?
one year

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Should Be Held Responsible For Kidnap Of Corpers In Zamfara - Shehu Sani / Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.