Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? (2483 Views)

Reminisce Vs Vector Diss.. Who Did It Better? / Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / *download Link* New Music: Eva - I Done Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by suze(f): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2007
Yahoozy is the latest dancestep everywhere in clubs,parties,shows and even in church.Various nigerian artistes have sung about it and danced it in their videos. But where did it come from? Who started it?Did it start from Nigeria? Who named the dancestep ?

Did Dbanj start it? Or was it sean paul? Because I've seen Sean Paul dance something like that in one of his videos. But who even named the dance-step, Was it olu-maintain?

Dear nairalanders,What do you know and what do you think about this dance?
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by layi(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2007
suze:

Yahoozy is the latest dancestep everywhere in clubs,parties,shows and even in church.Various nigerian artistes have sung about it and danced it in their videos. But where did it come from? Who started it?Did it start from Nigeria? Who named the dancestep ?
Yahoozy originated from Lagos Island years ago.
It was originally called Sebe- just dancing like a mad man, then saouz and when yahooboys took over, it became yahoozy probably because the lagos island yahooboys throw parties alot and the reigning steps then was saouz or saouzy.
It was coined yahoozy by yahoo boys.

suze:

Did Dbanj start it? Or was it sean paul? Because I've seen Sean Paul dance something like that in one of his videos. But who even named the dance-step, Was it olu-maintain?

Dear Nairaland users,What do you know and what do you think about this dance?
Dbanj is not even a good yahoozy dancer. He's just learning. Olu Maintain had nothing to do wit it either. The best yahoozee dancers are in OSU.
Sean paul's Step is way different from yahoozy even though the mixture is very beautiful. You need to see girls dance sean paul+yahoozy, you'll be tripped.

suze:

Dear Nairaland users,What do you know and what do you think about this dance?
I dance yahoozy beautifully. There are different styles:-
'steppers' where u interchange steps in quick succession
'feelin cool' where you have both hands in your pocket
'komole' where your hands picks from under your legs up and round your neck.
'too much money' where you pick and spray 'virtual' dollars from your pockets with both hands.
'sean paul stylee' where you mix it wit sean paul's
'burning' where you fan your self  with your hands like the room is too hot.
'Cruizing' where you'll have ur left hand on a virtual steering and the other changing gears like you are driving.

Several styles,  Its come to stay
yahooo oh oh yahoooooozzzeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by nana(f): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2007
layi:

It was originally called Sebe- just dancing like a mad man, then saouz and when yahooboys took over, it became yahoozy probably because the lagos island yahooboys throw parties alot and the reigning steps then was saouz or saouzy.
Dbanj is not even a good yahoozy dancer. He's just learning. Olu Maintain had nothing to do wit it either. The best yahoozee dancers are in OSU.
Sean paul's Step is way different from yahoozy even though the mixture is very beautiful. You need to see girls dance sean paul+yahoozy, you'll be tripped.
'steppers' where u interchange steps in quick succession- - -I dance like that
'komole' where you hands picks from under your legs up and round your neck.---Yup
'too much money' where you pick and spray 'virtual' dollars from your pockets with both hands.
'sean paul stylee' where you mix it wit sean paul's---My favourite.
[b]'burning' where you fan your self with your hands like the room is too hot.[/b]I like dancing like that

Several styles, Its come to stay
Some of my friends thinks i am crazy when i start dancing like that but hmm. . .na yahoozey dey reign. .
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by ronnieslimz(f): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2007
gawd!! tanx layi, dis question has always bin on ma mind

mehn!! i yahoo as i wish anytime anywhere. . infact its now in my system can't dance without showing sum yahoo stuff. . lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by moondust(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ layi,
good insight into the special dance for mad people smiley
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by nana(f): 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
lol
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by OmoEko1(f): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2007
abeg we need a video to show the dance jare grin grin grin grin to know what the dance step looks like
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by adesodgi(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2007
One of ma friendz waz tellin me about the dance when i visited london.they said the dance is a bomb but dont know how tha dance goes.Its the latest dance in naijaaaa clubz in london oooo,i beg make somebody teach me na. . . undecided
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by suze(f): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2007
layi:

'steppers' where u interchange steps in quick succession
'komole' where your hands picks from under your legs up and round your neck.
'sean paul stylee' where you mix it wit sean paul's
'burning' where you fan your self with your hands like the room is too hot.
'Cruizing' where you'll have your left hand on a virtual steering and the other changing gears like you are driving.

Several styles, Its come to stay

Whao! Thanks for the info Layi!! How did you get to know all this? R u from Lagos Island? But the dancestep does not look like a mad man's dance step.I wonder y they called it that.But I think D-banj made the dancestep popular.

I love to dance a lot o. But men! You must really be a yahoozy expert.Right nowI'm imagining all the yahoozy styles you described here.The one I dont get is the steppers.Did you name all these yahoozy variations? there is one yahoozy style they call togi-togi,I'm sure you'll know that one too.And how do you know the best yahoo dancers are in OSU?

Whao! e be like say i go organise yahoozy dancing competition o!
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by ronnieslimz(f): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2007
@suze: good idea! i'll surely be d winner. . lolzz grin
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by lalaboi(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2007
layi! u get am no be small! d best yahooze dancers are 4rm osu!
and as an ex osuitte! grin u knw wot i mean

u can form ur kind of yahooze too!
so far make it mad lol! and ryhmes wit oda ones!

ders alo indian yahooze! wen u dance lik dos indians making an L wit ur hand and throwing away! wit ur head rounding lol!

anywayzzz i dey kawakaze dey go niyen
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by ronnieslimz(f): 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2007
lalaboi:

ders alo indian yahooze! when u dance lik dos indians making an L wit your hand and throwing away! wit your head rounding lol!

anywayzzz i dey kawakaze dey go niyen
wow!! luv dis particular one
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by boysteve1(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2007
Na Femi start dis yahoozee one night for shrine when im don high, am serious and since then many people don run mad
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by layi(m): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2007
Thats definitely not true. Go do ur research. Femi danced yahoozy not 'start'. He's not the originator.
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by mightymike(m): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2007
couldnt find Olu's Video, but they def bussin the moves in this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FMNo73s7SE8
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by busygirl(f): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2007
Yahoo dance is simply crazy grin. I love it though, and once you know how to do it, you get addicted to it.
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by simplyme3(f): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2007
yahoozy ko - hotmailzy ni - crazy lots.
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by suze(f): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2007
busygirl:

Yahoo dance is simply crazy grin. I love it though, and once you know how to do it, you get addicted to it.

Yeah you are right, you'll get addicted to it and start forming your own versions sef. I love that dance grin
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by Christo212(m): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2007
Men dat guy is simply sayin the real fact.
Men we party like mad,that remind me the good day when we party all nite,go clubin shak like tomorrow no dey.
Then sauoz is the best dance step,b4 changing it to yahoozy.
Well all those day don pass,there is nothing like been responsible.
Too much heylin to my island guy,how island be now,longtime.
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by suze(f): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2007
Is saouz actually the same thing as yahoozy?
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by smile4kenn(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
I dance yahoozee, its a popular dance here in Asia. Visit African clubs here in Asia, they play olu maintain every friday night.

Asians love Kolomental, yahoozee and danfo drivers
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by nana(f): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2007
Whao!that's nice.
smile4kenn:

I dance yahoozee, its a popular dance here in Asia. Visit African clubs here in Asia, they play olu maintain every friday night.

Asians love Kolomental, yahoozee and danfo drivers
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by OmoEko1(f): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2007
Chineke ohhhhh shocked shocked shocked i just say the dance shocked shocked shocked, they are dancing like mad person sha.

why will i want to dance like that in a club or party grin grin grin grin, but i dont think the dance is for the ladies wink
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by choongtin(f): 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2007
can someone plz send the link to the video, if there is one i mean the yahoozy by olu maintain
Re: Who Started Yahoozy Dance,where Did It Originate From? by MP007(m): 7:25am On Aug 18, 2007
the song is wack

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Better Wizkid Or Olamide? / Lyta – Self Made – Mp3 / Gucci Mane: America's Jim Iyke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.