Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark (31085 Views)

2023: South-East Can’t Throw Away 24-Year Investment In PDP – Chidoka (Video) / 2023 Presidency: Why South East Can’t Reap Where It Didn’t Sow, By Yoruba Youths / Senator Kalu Replies Akpabio Over NDDC Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by beerfraud: 3:53pm On May 12, 2022
The Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Uzor Kalu, has said the South-East cannot get the ticket of any party in an open contest as it is today without a gentleman agreement to concede it to the South-East.

Kalu, in a statement personally signed by him and shared on his Facebook wall, said this in response to elder statesman, Edwin Clark, while explaining his reasons for openly supporting the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan.

Kalu said he had great respect for Clark who is an elder statesman and a patriotic Nigerian.

He said, “I want to sincerely commend him for openly supporting the South-East geopolitical zone to produce the next President of Nigeria.
“It is imperative I remind him that I didn’t betray my people, rather I am doing my best to reintegrate them into mainstream politics.

“In the last two years, I have been at the forefront agitating for a Nigerian President of South-East extraction, when most of them were all saying “Southern Presidency.”

Kalu said he was shocked when none of the political actors openly said the South-East geopolitical zone should have the presidency.

He added, “I was shocked that even the zone the entire South-East supported in unity including myself in 2011 and 2015 respectively, has the highest number of contestants without thinking of their brothers, knowing fully well that the South-East zone has remained the only zone in Southern Nigeria that has not produced the nation’s president since the rotation convention dispensation that began in 1999.

“Coming to this late hour to support the South-East is rather suspicious to me if they couldn’t do it two years ago. The truth is, Chief Edwin Clark, knows the South-East cannot get the ticket of any party in an open contest as it is today without a gentleman agreement to concede it to the South-East.”

The chief whip of the upper chamber explained that a number of the members of the Peoples Democratic Party were secretly supporting a candidate from the North-East so that the South-East might produce the next president in eight years instead of waiting for 16 years.

He added, “It is rather surprising to me that Chief Edwin Clark didn’t call the majority of other Southerners including governors working against the South-East to order or the names he called me.

“What did you say or do when all the aspirants from South-South and South-West were buying forms to run against South Easterners who have always supported them.

“I know some people want us to keep quiet and then allow other Southerners to take the turn of South-East. If you meant well for the South-East, you could have discouraged other aspirants from running for President. Nothing stops the South from supporting only presidential aspirants from the South-East. The betrayers are those who don’t care about the South-East. We are wiser.”

https://punchng.com/why-south-east-cant-get-presidential-ticket-kalu-replies-clark/

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Thoh(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2022
Peter Obi is the best person for Presidency from South East.

181 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by beerfraud: 4:23pm On May 12, 2022
Thoh:
Peter Obi is the best person for Presidency from South East.
Peter Obi him too dey lie can only govern beerfraud no problem

121 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by NwaNimo1(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2022
The ex con should go complete his sentence.....

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/I1i6E-.gif[/img]

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Maxymilliano(m): 4:30pm On May 12, 2022
Kalu said he was shocked when none of the political actors openly said the South-East geopolitical zone should have the presidency

This man is just a coward looking for excuses to defend his cowardice. Contenders like Yaya Bello, Ikeobasi Mokelu, Ibikunle Amosun, Ayade, Sylva etc knows quite well they may not be in poll position to get the ticket but it's better to try and hoping that providence take its cause than not to try at all. He can go ahead and support the Senate President all he wants but shouldn't disguise his cowardice as patriotism

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Legendforte: 4:37pm On May 12, 2022
I agree with KALU on this matter. Clark should call his fellow southsoutherners to order. Kalu has the right to choose his own political alliance.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by drlateef: 4:38pm On May 12, 2022
It’s a lie. At no time has southeast ever supported the southwest. The voting results are there as evidence.

77 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by ebufa: 4:47pm On May 12, 2022
drlateef:
It’s a lie. At no time has southeast ever supported the southwest. The voting results are there as evidence.

Obasanjo they voted for 1989 and 2003 is apparently from the moon abi? Oga, do not underestimate the treachery you Yorubas are capable of!

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by OfoIgbo: 4:48pm On May 12, 2022
drlateef:

The SE voted for OBJ in both the 1999 and 2003 presidential elections

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by OfoIgbo: 4:52pm On May 12, 2022
I support Clark on this issue.

The major point being that Kalu is the only Igboman that is supporting someone not from the south.

That is something massive and should be dealt with. He mustn't be allowed to get away with this betrayal by throwing up this feeble smokescreen.

So he wants to reward those that don't want to stand down for an Igbo president. Why support the senate president, whose actions already shows he is not in support of an Igbo president? Tomorrow, OUK will get up and start wanting to lead me, a full-blooded Anambra man and a hardcore Umu Nri nigga.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Peacecore: 4:53pm On May 12, 2022
Though Kalu should've waited to know if any S/Ener would pick the ticket but Clark should've called out Abaribe and Ikpazu when they openly declared support for Atiku and Wike respectively.

16 Likes

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by juman(m): 5:05pm On May 12, 2022
Its possible that the whole country agree that south east should produce president.
They should engage the other regions.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Tochj(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2022
drlateef:
Onu conceded his ticket to Falae
Ekwueme also supported OBJ in 1999 and 2003
Not minding the many betrayals.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by tillaman(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by greymiles: 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
Seems we now know the coward tribe in Nigeria now

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by lemadum: 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
hmmm..
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by AzuNas: 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
Alright. . . . . . .Aje

Bunch of betrayals

Abeg
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Axis313(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
They prefer to insult and threaten others with Biafra,instead of reaching out to other regions in order to achieve their presidential ambition.
Well,the latest now is they are carrying Goodluck matter for head,out of their hatred for Tinubu and Yorubas in general.
Those people don't even know what they want.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Graphicslord28: 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
Looking for a graphics designer? Look no further! Contact me on Whatsapp for your graphics work (music cover art, cartoon pics, flyers, logo, 2D animation): 0.8.1.3.0.3.1.8.0.9.9
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
Watch

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Abilistic(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2022
smiley

Says who.....?
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by datola: 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
Hmmm...
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
Kalu is a well known asslicker to the Fulanis

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Tonypens48(m): 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
H
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Mumusaphire: 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
Obi/saraki 2023. Good combination.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Stevenson20: 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
You're a mad man

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by VladimirPutiin(m): 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
shocked
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by gaby(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2022
Y'all are mofos
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by PHIPEX(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2022
This Kalu should close his mouth, am so ashamed of him. Anyways, he he can't stop a moving train.

Yes he is right to say our neighbours betrayed our goodwill but that's not enough to openly throw support to a northern candidate at this time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Tweets About Maina Scandal Using Football Terms / Rotimi Amaechi And The 2 Controversial Rail Projects / Ambode Might Face Impeachment For His Insistence To Re-contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.