Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5427318 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 6:46am On Sep 22, 2017
Spy360:

I agree.

CTL show PL via Being Sports.
CTL & Metro are terrestrial, they can be allowed. We are talking about satellite.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 6:51am On Sep 22, 2017
lincolnola:

@ Chinedu & Abohwun
I have upgraded it to 198p but it's still blind scanning and repeating same channels on two TPs.even when I inputted TPs manually, they turn green but upon scanning,it brings those particular channels......pls, help a brother urgently
I can only think one of solution for this issue at the moment since it seems to be software problem. You will need to visit a decoder technician to clone your decoder's chip. I mean he will wipe off the existing software and install another one.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 7:09am On Sep 22, 2017
SweetWJ:
Have u tried changing ur Lnb?

Chief,
I have multiple LNBs and they are working well on same type of 4922 decoder...........I also discovered that when I even tried to scan another satellite e.g Ses5 which is one of the dish setups,it keeps scanning multi TV channels despite changing the satellite from Astra 28.2○ to 5e°.
All gurus should help me oooooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 7:18am On Sep 22, 2017
lincolnola:

Chief,
I have multiple LNBs and they are working well on same type of 4922 decoder...........I also discovered that when I even tried to scan another satellite e.g Ses5 which is one of the dish setups,it keeps scanning multi TV channels despite changing the satellite from Astra 28.2○ to 5e°.
you decorder polarity chip(ic) is messed up.. there's no know solution to that problem...
the only solution is to get a new one or change the board entirely... i have about 2 4922A with that problem..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 7:22am On Sep 22, 2017
lincolnola:

Chief,
check ur lnb very well and replace it with another one if possible & try to check ur diseqc settings for each satelitte. better still see a good technician
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SweetWJ(m): 7:26am On Sep 22, 2017
lincolnola:

Chief,
If u have another box, try it with ur set up. Or try ur box on another set up. If the result is d same, then ur box needs surgery. If u find out that ur box worked fine, then change ur diseq switch.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adimek2002(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2017
Good morning house. Please what is the latest news about sports24. Is it still opening on selected decoders?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:05am On Sep 22, 2017
Chinedu7:

CTL & Metro are terrestrial, they can be allowed. We are talking about satellite.
Exactly.. I believe they won't have bein sports EPL channels on the network ..as long as bein sports don't have rights to broadcast EPL matches in sub-sahara region there rights is only for MENA region ..tstv can't rebroadcast the channels otherwise it will be seen as infringements of rights from bein sports then tstv for piracy...Even if tstv has EPL rights for sub sahara region they can't hook to bein sports!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2017
adimek2002:
Good morning house. Please what is the latest news about sports24. Is it still opening on selected decoders?

Yea working on selected decoders with the latest powervu emu 2.7 which is the currently working platform,unlike version 2.6 which was working with strong and other decoders like a few days back.You may need to wait a while for your decoder producer customer support to release theirs based on the latest released like 3days back currently being used by "Senior Prefect of Command 2 Garrison 4"
Enjoy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segzytola: 9:49am On Sep 22, 2017
ABS and Telcom Satellites owns TSTv, the proposed payTV company Read details https://pageone.ng/2017/09/21/abs-telcom-satellites-tstv-nigeria/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2017
adimek2002:
working on alphabox x6+ & tiger t3000 kwese decoder still in stock grab ur own now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 9:58am On Sep 22, 2017
Monlo:

Yea working on selected decoders with the latest powervu emu 2.7 which is the currently working platform,unlike version 2.6 which was working with strong and other decoders like a few days back.You may need to wait a while for your decoder producer customer support to release theirs based on the latest released like 3days back currently being used by "Senior Prefect of Command 2 Garrison 4"
Enjoy.
Westside or eastside?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adimek2002(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2017
Anybody that has Tiger t3000 for sale should whatsapp me for business (08080752711)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 10:08am On Sep 22, 2017
lincolnola:

Chief,
check your disecq configuration for each satellite and number them correctly base on the disecq port then scan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 10:15am On Sep 22, 2017
Chinedu7:

I can only think one of solution for this issue at the moment since it seems to be software problem. You will need to visit a decoder technician to clone your decoder's chip. I mean he will wipe off the existing software and install another one.

Can't I wipe the software myself?
If,I got you well,does it have to do with using RS232 cable to connect 2 same decoders together?
If yes,pls enlighten me on how to do the wiping of the software
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2017
davodyguy:

That's what I'm trying to imply.

They may use language as excuse, by broadcasting in Arabic cos canal+ already have the French language covered

Can DSTV use English language as excuse to operate in the MENA REGION? NO!

Can TSTV use Arabic language as excuse to rebroadcast BEIN SPORTS in Sub Sahara Africa? NO!

Broadcasting live match via satellite which DSTV & CANAL PLUS already have the right is impossible. Whether Arabic or Spanish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 10:21am On Sep 22, 2017
SweetWJ:
If u have another box, try it with ur set up. Or try ur box on another set up. If the result is d same, then ur box needs surgery. If u find out that ur box worked fine, then change ur diseq switch.

abohwun:
check your disecq configuration for each satellite and number them correctly base on the disecq port then scan.

Chief,I have used another 4922 on the same dish setup and all the Sats are working fine with the 4ways diseq switch too.........
The problem with the decoder is that it keeps scanning the same channels over and over again within range of 2 TPs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by derancle: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=lincolnola post=60708207]

Chief,
All gurus should help me oooooo . check your disecq switch
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2017
According to flysat Intelsat 903@34.5W that host mtnworldwide channels has moved, that means the sat has expired does anybody know where it has relocated.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by derancle: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2017
check for whether water have entered the disecq switch
lincolnola:

Chief,I have used another 4922 on the same dish setup and all the Sats are working fine with the 4ways diseq switch too.........
The problem with the decoder is that it keeps scanning the same channels over and over again within range of 2 TPs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 10:40am On Sep 22, 2017
kwameking:

Can DSTV use English language as excuse to operate in the MENA REGION? NO!

Can TSTV use Arabic language as excuse to rebroadcast BEIN SPORTS in Sub Sahara Africa? NO!

Broadcasting live match via satellite which DSTV & CANAL PLUS already have the right is impossible. Whether Arabic or Spanish.

At the highlighted text. Answer is YES they can.

It doesn't work as a one liner equation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2017
arbourboateng:
According to flysat Intelsat 903@34.5W that host mtnworldwide channels has moved, that means the sat has expired does anybody know where it has relocated.

NSS @57E is live and firing on all cylinders.
Enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 11:11am On Sep 22, 2017
Monlo:

NSS @57E is live and firing on all cylinders.
Enjoy
Goodday,i'm using 2.4m dish in yenagoa,i've used 3800[v]20000
to track it i got other channels like BT SPORTS,SKYSPORT,TCHAD e.t.c but
4132[v]30000 refuses to pop up which is for sp24.How can i go about the
tracking?Is it the Lnb or what?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2017
arbourboateng:
www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-35e.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
derancle:
check for whether water have entered the disecq switch

Chief,
I have used another 4922 decoder on the same dish/diseq setup and working perfectly........I don't think it's dish/diseq problem
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
odilibe:

Well flysat reported that the satellite is down yesterday 21/7/2017
Also the last update was 19/9/2017 on lyngsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adimek2002(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
odilibe:

All the tps on that satellite is active now even yesterday.
I am currently watching NTA there because my decoder cannot auto roll but the Mtn info channel is very clear.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
lincolnola:

Can't I wipe the software myself?
If,I got you well,does it have to do with using RS232 cable to connect 2 same decoders together?
If yes,pls enlighten me on how to do the wiping of the software
You can do that only if the bad decoder accepts access to accept files from another decoder. That fault is mainly caused by bad virus from a removal device. It's often difficult to use cable to solve rather a technician can remove the chip and reconfigure it before putting it back, unless the chip has been damaged then you will need to replace it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
House is Gazi TV still open with biss key And how about the feed channel on 7'e because EPL matches are back again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
adimek2002:

All the tps on that satellite is active now even yesterday.
I am currently watching NTA there because my decoder cannot auto roll but the Mtn info channel is very clear.
yes its back now,as I said I check flysat this morning and find the news and also check my tv and find out that all the channels on that sat are all bad signal but a few hour's later,I find out that the channels is working again.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
lincolnola:

Go to Strong-technologies's web page and download the software for your receiver and upload on your receiver then blindscan your decoder and see if it will work. If it works then go to croasat for your patch. Good day.

http://www.strong-technologies.com/service/download-software/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
@House, what position can one acess animal channels (animal planet ,Nat Geo wild)ku or Cband. thanks reply

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.