Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5427387 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
olenyi: @All.

Your help will be appreciated. I have a ten-decoder setup so each telly can be able to change within the ten channels independently. Now one of the decoders (METRO ) was showing no signal. As i was tracing the fault, i wanted to remove the antenna wire (it uses a yagi antenna) from the metro decoder and got an electric shock. Upon close investigation, i found out that the wire that went outside to the antenna, when touched against the metallic body of anything plugged into an electric socket, gives off a fairly big visible spark. I believe dis is why it was showing no signal. Can anybody proffer a solution to this.

NB: the pole on which the antenna is hung is not touching anything apart from the ground where itis stuck in. And the wire that is sparking goes straight from the antenna to the decoder.

i ave similar problem before, let me be candid with you, one of the tv is generating current via either rf out input or the av cable.. u need to do a trace for you to resolve this..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dynamicd28(m): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2012
Greetings nairalanders! this is my first post here, so please be gentle. I just acquired a spider m500hd receiver with full hd 1080, hdtv,hdmi,usb,pvr function and mpeg 4 and internet ready through ethernet port. After paying an annual fee to the seller based in amman jordan and he programmed the receiver to be able to receive scrambled channels on the following sattellites, as long as i have an active internet connection with the box. (they termed it installing a user in the receiver)

1.astra 1,2, and 3

2.amos

3.nilesat

4. w1,w2, w3

6.sirius
7.hotbird
8. eurobird

I am so excited, i am coming back to nigeria this weekend and hope to set it up in ikeja lagos. my main interest is in getting the sky uk channels, i grew up watching them via abg and mg in kaduna, iam sure experts in the north remeber those times. Though a novice I understand that the set up required is same as free to air tv ,only difference being that the receiver will go via the internet to get the code to decrypt the scrambled channels.

that said i need advise on how realistic it will be to receive good signals on the astra satellites for sky uk,the hotbird sattellite for sky italia and amos for the yet channels. these sattelites and packages are my main interests.

the plan is to use a 2 m motorised dish for this mission with 3 lnbs as i dont have space for more than 1 dish. i hve an existing dstv dish in lagos, if i motorise it will it suffice.

i intend on hiring an installer to do the setup, interesting as doing it my self maybe, I dont have the time to learn this rather complex subject, and i need to start enjoying this thing fast. think its a good way of dumping dstv, i never really liked them anyway. pointers to good installers in ikeja area would be appreciated. i need to no as much info as possible, so they dont rip me off.

please advice on which satellites i can get etv africa sabc 1 2 and 3 i am interested in those channels also.

thanks in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
dynamicd28: Greetings nairalanders! this is my first post here, so please be gentle. I just acquired a spider m500hd receiver with full hd 1080, hdtv,hdmi,usb,pvr function and mpeg 4 and internet ready through ethernet port. After paying an annual fee to the seller based in amman jordan and he programmed the receiver to be able to receive scrambled channels on the following sattellites, as long as i have an active internet connection with the box. (they termed it installing a user in the receiver)

1.astra 1,2, and 3

2.amos

3.nilesat

4. w1,w2, w3

6.sirius
7.hotbird
8. eurobird

I am so excited, i am coming back to nigeria this weekend and hope to set it up in ikeja lagos. my main interest is in getting the sky uk channels, i grew up watching them via abg and mg in kaduna, iam sure experts in the north remeber those times. Though a novice I understand that the set up required is same as free to air tv ,only difference being that the receiver will go via the internet to get the code to decrypt the scrambled channels.

that said i need advise on how realistic it will be to receive good signals on the astra satellites for sky uk,the hotbird sattellite for sky italia and amos for the yet channels. these sattelites and packages are my main interests.

the plan is to use a 2 m motorised dish for this mission with 3 lnbs as i dont have space for more than 1 dish. i hve an existing dstv dish in lagos, if i motorise it will it suffice.

i intend on hiring an installer to do the setup, interesting as doing it my self maybe, I dont have the time to learn this rather complex subject, and i need to start enjoying this thing fast. think its a good way of dumping dstv, i never really liked them anyway. pointers to good installers in ikeja area would be appreciated. i need to no as much info as possible, so they dont rip me off.

please advice on which satellites i can get etv africa sabc 1 2 and 3 i am interested in those channels also.

thanks in advance.

safe trip bro,

you just purchased a good box i must say but you cant get most of those sat mentioned above on 2m dish.. u need a good 4m or fiber for you to be able to hit green on astra uk....those are what we called fring sat.

so prepare yourself for a 4m dish and i do hope u have the space to mount it your compound.. cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dynamicd28(m): 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2012
many thanks for your advice twinskenny.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2012
dynamicd28: many thanks for your advice twinskenny.

uw bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
twinskenny:

i ave similar problem before, let me be candid with you, one of the tv is generating current via either rf out input or the av cable.. u need to do a trace for you to resolve this..

@Twinskenny,
@Ikiriye

You guys are the men. Just finished the tracing. A faulty laptop dat was connected via HDMI to one of the tv's was the culprit. Mehn, i work tire today. Even the thing shock me plenty sef, but it was worth it. Thanks once more to you two. Couldn't have done it without you guys. Please accept my warm regards. Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben4reel: 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
obnelly: if i was you.i will first track amos5 using 11885v27500 once you have best signal strength input 10804 h 29999.and move your dish up there you are on eutelsat w3c.
I hope you get where you are getting it wrong.instead of you inputting 10804 you put 0 instead of 4.so dust your equipment and back to work.astranco if you are very smart you have what you are looking for in my epistle to xpset.happy tracking.
I tracked eutelsat w3c using the Tp and Sr u gave above but got a near-successful result....got a signal strength of over 70% but no Tv channel popped-up after scanning the sat. What could be the problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 1:37am On Oct 18, 2012
olenyi:

@Twinskenny,
@Ikiriye

You guys are the men. Just finished the tracing. A faulty laptop dat was connected via HDMI to one of the tv's was the culprit. Mehn, i work tire today. Even the thing shock me plenty sef, but it was worth it. Thanks once more to you two. Couldn't have done it without you guys. Please accept my warm regards. Cheers

No qualms for we are here to help cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nalerigu(m): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2012
Just bought srt4902 from dubai. Gurus please tell me much about this decode.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2012
ben4reel:
I tracked eutelsat w3c using the Tp and Sr u gave above but got a near-successful result....got a signal strength of over 70% but no Tv channel popped-up after scanning the sat. What could be the problem?

i was able to track amos 5 but w3c still give me problem. but i notice there's signal within that region because d signal bar move a bet once i move up a bit. my decoder is 4663x
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2012
[quote author=ben4reel]
I tracked eutelsat w3c using the Tp and Sr u gave above but got a near-successful result....got a signal strength of over 70% but no Tv channel popped-up after scanning the sat. What could be the problem?[/quote
You are on different satellite with the same tp but different vpid. Is your receiver mpeg2 or 4?mpeg 4 is your best bet to get w3c.just keep trying.i like your courage.keep it up and don't stop till you get enough.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
[quote author=obnelly][/quote]

does itvmean mpeg2 decoder cant track it. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by onome25(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
ben4reel:
BLIND SCAN UR RECIEVER
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
Guys let us meet at the newbies section of nairaland.there i can answer your questions better.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by favour112: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2012
Good day guys, pls i need someone to help me out with the tracking tp of intelsat 68.5ku.
And my nollywood plus is no more showing on my intelsat 68.5, it is showing SCRAMMBLED CHANNEL , is anyone getting this same issue? Pls help me out and Thanks to you all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 11:49am On Oct 19, 2012
olenyi:

@Twinskenny,
@Ikiriye

You guys are the men. Just finished the tracing. A faulty laptop dat was connected via HDMI to one of the tv's was the culprit. Meh
n, i work tire today. Even the thing shock me plenty sef, but it was worth it. Thanks once more to you two. Couldn't have done it without you guys. Please accept my warm regards. Cheers
no p bro...gud to knw u sorted it out...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
BBC complains of signal jamming in Middle East and Europe

Only days after Eutelsat reacted to signal jamming by halting Iranian broadcasts on its craft, the BBC has revealed that it is experiencing interference to transmissions in Europe and the Middle East.

Describing the actions by parties as yet unnamed as“deliberate” and “intermittent”, the corporation say that it and a number of other broadcasters,have experienced interference that has impacted services including the BBC World News and BBC Arabic television channels and BBC World Service radio services in English and Arabic.

In a statement, the BBC said: “Deliberate interference such as the jamming of transmissions is a blatant violation of international regulations concerning the use of satellites and we strongly condemn any practice designed to disrupt audiences’ free access to news and information.”

For its part, Eutelsat made an appeal on 3 October to international regulatory authorities to urgently intervene to put an end to repeated jamming of satellite signals by Iran following what it called deliberate interference to international networks, including BBC Persian, the Voice of America's Persian service and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Radio Farda, that broadcast via Eutelsat satellites.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ favour112, your location pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by favour112: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ibaku i am in benin.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ben4reel. You cannot hit green on W3c with mpeg 2 decorder as most of tps mpeg 4 except tv madagaska.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
info.fta:
@ben4reel. You cannot hit green on W3c with mpeg 2 decorder as most of tps mpeg 4 except tv madagaska.

yes u can , try this tps : 12562 h 30000; 11024 h 3333; and u can pull in amos @17'e as well on d same dish and lnb wit: 11801 v 27500 ; 11881 v 27500 ;12216 v 27500, u get an amazing over 50 channels good for fta footbal , epl, ecl , el, la liga , ligue 1 etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Favour112, 12602 v 26652, 12682 h 26652, 12562 h 26652, 12573 v 4444. Nolly wood working fine Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dynamicd28(m): 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
my first post refers, could someone kindly refer me to a professional installer around the ikeja area of lagos please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by favour112: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ibaku thanks for the info. I really appreciate man.
And about the other stuff, my nollywood is working,but my nollywood-plus is not working .pls can u check if urs is same too. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dolpaz: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
On which sat frequency do we have arryadia??please i need response...is it on the same bearing with MBC?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
Favour112,nad ibaku

pls we can i get this nollywood pls u gul help me out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 12:10am On Oct 20, 2012
If u realy need an installer call dis no.07085914776,but 4 all d sat u want 2 nail it can only be posible wit 4.5m dish

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sexynick: 1:19am On Oct 20, 2012
Hi guzs,can i get sportsmax on intelsat707 with 90cm set up?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by favour112: 5:11am On Oct 20, 2012
@sunny78 12751v26656
@all, Pls guys my nollywood-plus is still not showing,is yours showing
Someone should confirm plssssss.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 5:37am On Oct 20, 2012
@all,please i'm able 2 track dthiefs wit freq(12437H23437) n multitv on 1 dish,but only 5channels re showing on dthiefs,PLZ help 2 get more
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 5:43am On Oct 20, 2012
NEED D*** FTA Frequencies Thankx @All
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dynamicd28(m): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2012
thanks adewumis, i will call you in the morning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.