Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5421444 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 6:37am On Aug 28, 2014
zungwe93: New movie channel on Amos 5, MM24 TP 11007 v 30000
looks like Daarsat

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2014
zungwe93: New movie channel on Amos 5, MM24 TP 11007 v 30000
good news, that is daarsat package, 11.008 V 30.000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lordave: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Gurus in the house I want to add Multi TV to my DSTV on 1.8metre dish, please I need guidelines. Thank y'all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
irukandji89: I Thank God Almighty. Phew!!!!! I was able to nail IRIB. Just finished from ∂ rooftop. I thank all the OGAS that directly or indirectly assisted me. SPECIAL Thanks to KOSEMANIK, obnelly twinskenny, odibibe baba, all other ogas that contribute positively and frequently to this thread to help us newbies. May evil not befall you all. May evil not befall all of us. Amen. ESE Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo!
You mean u climb the roof to install it? Pls with what size of dish and the lnb u use.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lordave: Gurus in the house I want to add Multi TV to my DSTV on 1.8metre dish, please I need guidelines. Thank y'all

if it is on prime focus dish, that means its going to be an idiot kind of practice by using a stick to hold the lnb while you move it around to hit green in front of the dish. if you fortunately hit green, note the position then use an iron bar to to hold the lnb to the position.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ibaku: beinsport started broadcasting epl since last season. can never be free. if u hunt the bird with anything less than 4.7 to 4m u will end up getting the nwa beam 11471 with 4 channels which are scrambled . location lag.

I have used 4m for this channel and its 4 channels. Whats happening? Abu dhabi was a fortress. Aljazeera sucks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chemicool: 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
One4me:

Thanks Brother, l appreciate your quick response!

I have looked into the FastSatfinder website and realized that you need to INSTALL unto a Desktop/Laptop or an Android phone.
What am saying is that the software would only work where there is an "Operating System" to install it on (be it Desktop/Laptop/Android operating system).

The solution l was talking about "works" from a Portable DVD player. It then needs a Coax-Input Port! (Can be got from a DVB-S card if using it on a desktop)

Try to download the Satellite Director and install it in ur android phone and see its wonders when you launch it.

But the thing is that the DVD player does not run any "Operating system" like Windows or Android!

Am just wondering whether it is running from a 'DVD' placed inside the DVD player?

Just wondering?

I have seen the setup done before so l know it exists... somewhere!

Or maybe someone can throw more light on it for me?

@Chemicool:
The Android phone does not have a Coax Signal input port, so how are you going to connect it to an LNB cable from/on the Dish, to get the proper alignment of the dish.... which is where my problem lies?

Thanks for your input.
I need more "brainstorming" on the issue.

Waiting for more "ideas" please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chemicool: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
One4me:

Thanks Brother, l appreciate your quick response!

I have looked into the FastSatfinder website and realized that you need to INSTALL unto a Desktop/Laptop or an Android phone.
What am saying is that the software would only work where there is an "Operating System" to install it on (be it Desktop/Laptop/Android operating system).

The solution l was talking about "works" from a Portable DVD player. It then needs a Coax-Input Port! (Can be got from a DVB-S card if using it on a desktop)

Try to download the Satellite Director and install it in ur android phone and see its wonders when you launch it.

But the thing is that the DVD player does not run any "Operating system" like Windows or Android!

Am just wondering whether it is running from a 'DVD' placed inside the DVD player?

Just wondering?

I have seen the setup done before so l know it exists... somewhere!

Or maybe someone can throw more light on it for me?

@Chemicool:
The Android phone does not have a Coax Signal input port, so how are you going to connect it to an LNB cable from/on the Dish, to get the proper alignment of the dish.... which is where my problem lies?

Thanks for your input.
I need more "brainstorming" on the issue.

Waiting for more "ideas" please.

Just download the Satellite Director and launch it. Inside it u will see different satellites, pick the one u like to install, place your phone above the lnb, the app will teach you the rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
chemicool:

Just download the Satellite Director and launch it. Inside it u will see different satellites, pick the one u like to install, place your phone above the lnb, the app will teach you the rest.
pls the link for the download
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
If your phone runs on Android OS,then visit:http://www.dishpointer.com/2009/android-app-released/.
Note:It requires lincecea
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 4:20am On Aug 29, 2014
chemicool:

One4me: ..

Very useful (free) app!!! Your phone needs to be an android with gps and orientation sensor.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zekitez.com.satellitedirector&hl=en
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2014
ehisdan:
You mean u climb the roof to install it? Pls with what size of dish and the lnb u use.
. 1.8m dish with strong cband lnb. I got 83% signal quality. I stay at ijebu east local govt of ogun state.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2014
Lordave: Gurus in the house I want to add Multi TV to my DSTV on 1.8metre dish, please I need guidelines. Thank y'all
. Provided by a generous member of this thread. I can't take ∂ credit. Credit to ∂ owner whoever he may be. Its ∂ lnb directly behind ∂ cband lnb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
irukandji89: . Provided by a generous member of this thread. I can't take ∂ credit. Credit to ∂ owner whoever he may be. Its ∂ lnb directly behind ∂ cband lnb.
sat matches man.utd vs burnley 1:45 on irib varzesh,stoke city vs manciy 4pm or irib varseh, tv3 on joytv, atn on amos, bayern munich vs schalk 04,ace roma vs foirentina on irib varseh & everton vs chelsea 6:30 on irib tv3
also on sunday liverpool vs totteham 2:30, arsenal vs leceister 5 & barcelona vs villareal all in irib varzesh, real sociedad vs real madrid on irib tv3 @ 10pm

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by purplekayc(m): 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
irukandji89: . Provided by a generous member of this thread. I can't take ∂ credit. Credit to ∂ owner whoever he may be. Its ∂ lnb directly behind ∂ cband lnb.
what channels di u receive on this dish plz?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
@ All pls what will be the size of dish to track sat
IRIB Varzesh (13.0E)
TP: 12437 H 29900
@ offa in kwara state
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by skolar87(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
Pls at all..which signal strength must my amos 5 be on 4 me to nail eutelsat 16a..tanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
SES & CWG announced on the 13th of August, 2014, the launch of a new digital TV platform for West Africa on SES's ASTRA 2F satellite at 28.2 degrees East. This independent and neutral TV platform in Nigeria will be the country's first free-to-air (FTA) DTH digital TV platform and provide the opportunity for broadcasters to reach millions of satellite homes in West Africa which are pointing their dishes to 28.2 degrees East.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 4:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Oluwalogbon: @ All pls what will be the size of dish to track sat
IRIB Varzesh (13.0E)
TP: 12437 H 29900
@ offa in kwara state
Irib varzesh is not running on hotbird-13east,same reason why bein sports left hotbird-13east(No EPL rights across Europe)this makes these channels null on 13East!..

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 5:28am On Aug 30, 2014
skolar87: Pls at all..which signal strength must my amos 5 be on 4 me to nail eutelsat 16a..tanks
try get the highest signal u can get on amos5@17 them input tp for w3c@16 and adjust your lnb skew a little for the tp to also green. Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2014
Gurus in the house lets contribute here, srt 4669xii, not showing green on tp that is above 12.300 when connected to DiseqC, but when connected without DisEqC it will be working, and the DisEqC is working fine in other recievers. House what is the problem of this decoder, remember all other TPs below 12.300 is showing green and working fine.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
graphicicon: Gurus in the house lets contribute here, srt 4669xii, not showing green on tp that is above 12.300 when connected to DiseqC, but when connected without DisEqC it will be working, and the DisEqC is working fine in other recievers. House what is the problem of this decoder, remember all other TPs below 12.300 is showing green and working fine.
Try another disecq on it, since it works on its own without disecq and d device should aswelll be upgraded. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2014
purplekayc: what channels di u receive on this dish plz?
as I said earlier, I can't claim credit, I also copied ∂ picture from an earlier post. I haven't had time to try it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by skolar87(m): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
akplatnum2005: try get the highest signal u can get on amos5@17 them input tp for w3c@16 and adjust your lnb skew a little for the tp to also green. Cheers!
tanks sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebena107(m): 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
Gurus in the house, I bought a starsat dish & decoder out of curiosity and its set to SES-5 to which it got all startime stations but no freebie(FTA) is available on it. I tried some SES-5 TP i got from lyngsat to no avail.

Please, How can I use Starsat dish(100cm) and their decoder to get FTA station on SES-5 or any satellite nearby?

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
ehisdan:
Try another disecq on it, since it works on its own without disecq and d device should aswelll be upgraded. Thanks.
thanks a lot for ur response, but the DiseqC is working fine in other decoders, i want let people to know something about diseqC switch, cos the switch need a certain power from the decoder to control the swich in order to use more than one dish, i suggest this a power problem, the decoder does not produce a enough power to frequency up to 12.400Gz, cos the decoder has to supply power to DiseqC in order for the switch to split signal to various dishes connected to it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
@all those finding it difficult tracking Dstv, the strongest Tp for tracking is 11.727 V 27.500, and remember that Dstv decoder is sensitive to partial contact of coaxial cable, make sure that the coaxial cable are connected properly, and LNB skew should be between 7 and 8 Oclock.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls., somebody shud help me. I was tracking nilesat7w dis morning wit my neighbours new lnb and I got 90% green signal. I removed d lnb to put my own old lnb and d diseqc started smoking. I quickly removed it and put back d new lnb but it didn't bring any signal. Remove d diseqc and put a new one and I got 50% signal but dat is nt enuf for nilesat. I checked multi tv and dstv but d signal was very low. I tot it was d cable but wen I changed it d problem was nt solved. Pls I need somebody to put me through.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
odilibe: Irib varzesh is not running on hotbird-13east,same reason why bein sports left hotbird-13east(No EPL rights across Europe)this makes these channels null on 13East!..

Thanks a lot.pls what satellites and to they are now ? IRIB Varzesh and bein sports sir,and the size of dish that I can u to get it.thanks so Much for ur assist.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
Timijo: Pls., somebody shud help me. I was tracking nilesat7w dis morning wit my neighbours new lnb and I got 90% green signal. I removed d lnb to put my own old lnb and d diseqc started smoking. I quickly removed it and put back d new lnb but it didn't bring any signal. Remove d diseqc and put a new one and I got 50% signal but dat is nt enuf for nilesat. I checked multi tv and dstv but d signal was very low. I tot it was d cable but wen I changed it d problem was nt solved. Pls I need somebody to put me through.
i think that smoke that came out from ur DiseqC have short circuit your LNB input component, take it professional electronic engineer to convert LNB loopout to LNB input, cos the short circuited component in the LNB IN is not producing enough current to LNB, or use your electronic testing meter to read the voltage from LNB IN to confirm what am telling u now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
ebena107: Gurus in the house, I bought a starsat dish & decoder out of curiosity and its set to SES-5 to which it got all startime stations but no freebie(FTA) is available on it. I tried some SES-5 TP i got from lyngsat to no avail.

Please, How can I use Starsat dish(100cm) and their decoder to get FTA station on SES-5 or any satellite nearby?

Thanks
all customised decoder re close source meaning decoders like startime, DSTV, Daarsat, RRsat, can not be use for free to air because it is lock only to receive their signal. U need decoder like strong, qsat, openview etc. Regards!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebena107(m): 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
akplatnum2005: all customised decoder re close source meaning decoders like startime, DSTV, Daarsat, RRsat, can not be use for free to air because it is lock only to receive their signal. U need decoder like strong, qsat, openview etc. Regards!

Thanks @akplatnum2005, thats my first time with branded/customises decoder. anyway, can strong be used on ses-5, or which sat is closer so that i can maximise the use of the dish. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (2350) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.