Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? (3579 Views)

Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain / Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day / Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Smilenw(f): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2011
I read somewhere that too much coffee is bad for health. So just how much is considered too much? 4 cups a day? 5 cups?
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by upendo98(f): 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
I read coffee and brightened up. smiley

I am in love with coffee and can drink as many cups a day if the quality is good yet it has nevr affected me.

would love to know too.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Smilenw(f): 9:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
^ Do you mind if I ask you smthng? The last time I checked you were a female n now male How come ?
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by atasteve: 11:50am On Jul 14, 2011
I dislike coffee totally cos of caffeine which i learnt is injuries to the body when it is excess.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by highland(m): 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2011
atasteve:

I dislike coffee totally cos of caffeine which i learnt is injuries to the body when it is excess.

Chinese traditional tea is better than this so called coffee

KUDING TEA FROM GREEN WORLD.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by lepasharon(f): 1:50am On Jul 15, 2011
coffee makes ur teath yellow nd gives bad breath undecided
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by ypad: 2:17am On Jul 15, 2011
Coffee contain caffeine and it's not healthy for pregnant women or women trying to conceive.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by YoursGEJ(m): 5:44am On Jul 15, 2011
Smilenw:

^ Do you mind if I ask you smthng? The last time I checked you were a female n now male How come ?

How does this relate to the topic at hand?
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Nutridor: 6:58am On Jul 15, 2011
Advantages:

• Coffee is actually one of the healthiest beverages billions of people consume regularly. • Coffee containing with bitter orange, hydroxycitric acid, and chromium can encourage an increase up to 30% in metabolic rate. • Coffee with exercise when taking 300mg averages a 20% increase in energy and fatigue while burning fat increased 107% greater than without caffeine. • Caffeine in coffee keeps our brains alert and receptive of new information. • Regular consumption of coffee decreases the risk of type II diabetes and many other health risks.

Disadvantages:

• Coffee when consumed in excess can be addictive, stimulate, and a mood charger. • A large amount of coffee or caffeine consumed all at once can have a negative affect on blood sugar levels that influences fat burning that could change into storing fat. • Too much coffee over time can stain your teeth.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Sike(m): 7:08am On Jul 15, 2011
Smilenw:

Com'on! Man, People change now. U knw now? Hahahaha
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by sizzlers(m): 7:36am On Jul 15, 2011
lmao
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by MMM2(m): 7:50am On Jul 15, 2011
I hate coffee. angry
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by KAYD007(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2011
grin just finished gulping a combination of Ginseng coffee & Red yeast coffee, all edmark products,
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Snipose(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2011
Nobody cares if u hate coffee. so i'ld suggest u keep the hatred to urself.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Smilenw(f): 10:44am On Jul 15, 2011
Yours GEJ,:

How does this relate to the topic at hand?

Never mind, I do this once in a while tongue , so how much did you say was too much
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by buzugee(m): 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2011
coffee is both good and bad for you. ok heres the good news. coffee is a digestive bitter and hence stimulates sluggish digestion. this is very good.

here is the bad news

1, coffee depletes inositol from your body. inositol is used to make lecithin. lecithin is used to make all the cell walls permeable. hence your cells can degenerate with too muh coffee. you only have to look at british people at the age of 40 to see the damage of too much coffee to the skin. leathery and with no suppleness
2  coffee destroys the heart. it causes premature atrial complexes, premature ventricular complexes, premature junctional complexes, atrial tachycardia, junctional tachycardia, accelerated junctional rhythms, accelerated idioventricular rhythms, ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, torsades de pointes. all these are aberrations of normal heart rhythms.

so there you have it
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by executinal(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2011
3 cup is enough for a day, too much coffee is dangerous to heath. 1 cup morning cheesy, 1 cup afternoon cheesy and 1 cup evening cheesy. Well prescribed.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by ronkebp(f): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2011
Poster, just know that too much of everything is bad, 1 cup of coffee a day is not bad, i even try not to drink a cup daily, other days i drink juice and tea
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by pendo89(f): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2011
My body runs on coffee. I love coffee soo much.The only thing I hate about it is that it is a duretic.
I hate going to the bathroom all the time.
Theres Ganoderma coffee(sp) chinese origin for diabetics or HBP.
Cuban coffee rocks grin

@buzagee. pluz add more positive effects to counter all that you posted.Those are huge terms there. undecided
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Kossy04: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2011
coffee is both good and bad for you. ok heres the good news. coffee is a digestive bitter and hence stimulates sluggish digestion. this is very good.

here is the bad news

1, coffee depletes inositol from your body. inositol is used to make lecithin. lecithin is used to make all the cell walls permeable. hence your cells can degenerate with too muh coffee. you only have to look at british people at the age of 40 to see the damage of too much coffee to the skin. leathery and with no suppleness
2  coffee destroys the heart. it causes premature atrial complexes, premature ventricular complexes, premature junctional complexes, atrial tachycardia, junctional tachycardia, accelerated junctional rhythms, accelerated idioventricular rhythms, ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, torsades de pointes. all these are aberrations of normal heart rhythms.

so there you have it

I love coffee and your rantings sound familiar. Many people have told me such things, but I've searched the internet on this issue over and over again. I've also consulted with some doctors {in India by the way} on this same issue. Every one has said coffee had no "destructive" effects on the body. I've also keenly followed reports on researches conducted on this same issue. The last report I heard was published on BBC {that was were I heard it at least}. The report seemed to conclude that frequent coffee drinkers have a longer lifespan, and are more immune to a type of cancer {that I cannot recall at this moment}. I've tried to locate that report but it seems like I can't find it, for now at least {it was about 3 years ago}. So, PLEASE TELL US THE SOURCE OF THESE STATEMENTS YOU HAVE MADE? DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE A DOCTOR, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED ALL NIGERIAN DOCTORS ARE QUACK, SO I DON'T RELY ON ANYTHING THEY TELL ME!!!
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Kossy04: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2011
As for the poster, if you REALLY WANT TO KNOW, GO ONLINE {WIKIPEDIA OR SOMETHING}. YOU'LL BE AMAZED AT THE BENEFITS OF COFFEE.
Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by MeandSum: 1:03am On Jul 17, 2011
buzugee:

here is the bad news

so there you have it

Well, you lie! smiley

As far as I know, coffee has nothing to do with skin or looking old at 40. Generally, the European tend to look slightly older than Africans of the same age group, so coffee has nothing to do with that and British are not coffee drinkers. In fact, they were not even in the top 50 coffee drinkers 4 years ago.

Now to debunk that claim that coffee makes you look old and die fast, let us look at the top 3 coffee drinkers in the world - Finland( 12 KG per person per year), Norway 10KG, and Iceland about 10 KG.

Life expectancy for those three countries are over 82 years (Nigeria, a supposedly non-coffee drinking country is ranked #182 out of 194 countries - right behind Somali for F*ck sake!)
and about lecithin, studies say it promotes heir growth, prevent constipation and also prevent baldness. There's no stats that says the Fins have less hair than the rest of ussmiley

So, away goes the first reason provided.

the second one about coffee been bad for your heart, well, that's just not true. A cup of coffee a day is not just good for you, it would help your blood flow and help your heart work better.

lots of research papers have been publish to debunk the coffee bad for your heart claim. Research has shown that coffee drinkers have better health and less likely to die from a heart attack than those would drink tea.

Another study showed that coffee lower the risk of stroke for drinkers.

Other reasons you should drink coffee are:

Reduction in chances of Parkinson’s Disease
Reduction in chances of diabetes
Sugar control
Appetite control and weight loss
Increase in heart health
Helps aid some headaches
Increases overall mood
May contribute to reduction of risk for some cancers

I shamelessly copied the above from talkabaoutcoffee.com http://www.talkaboutcoffee.com/coffee-is-good-for-your-health.html

But to answer the original poster's question, 3 cups of instant coffee a day is fine.

1 Like

Re: How Much Coffee Is Too Much Coffee? by Foluskoni(m): 8:59am On Jul 17, 2011
[color=#770077][/color] like everythng in life, coffee has its pros and cons. Like everything in life it should be done in moderation,

(1) (Reply)

A "Virgin" With Sti / Let's Talk Vagina: Clean,odorless And Healthy Tips... / When Can A Pregnant Start Antinental. Plz Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.