Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Buildingcontractorsecrets.com - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buildingcontractorsecrets.com (5066 Views)

Www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com Is Back Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by thirdeye(m): 1:19am On Aug 09, 2007
Hello everybody,
Introducing http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com to you as foremost Nigerian Online Building Management site.You can now subscribe to my free online tutorial/newsletter on Building Management, you have a lot of interesting topics compiled for you based on my experience in building construction industry and the questions most of you have been asking on this site.

You also have a 2 bedroom worked sample to guide you when estimating your building project.

FREE WEEKLY QUALITY TIPS ON MANAGING YOUR BUILDING DURING AND AFTER CONSTRUCTION + OTHER VALUABLE TIPS ON REAL ESTATE.

This free stuff will contain all what will guide you from the conception to when you'll pack into your house, like how to fund your building project,antics of omo onile and how to beat them,building stages,how to reduce your cost of building,what you must do when supervising your building project e.t.c .Infact this contains more than 30 topics which you'll get free, visit my website, subscribe to them and start receiving them.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by sunjongs(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2007
great job, you are doing. please keep it up
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by thirdeye(m): 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2007
sunjongs:

great job, you are doing. please keep it up

Thank you very much. I am highly encouraged, just keep coming to the property section, because much more are on the way.
I won't dissapoint you.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by ajileko: 2:06am On Oct 10, 2007
thirdeye, Can you give me a rough estimat on how much it will cost to design a one storey 4 bedroon Terrace house. (Building Plan) Also what is the process on getting a C of O for a Land in Lagos. Will appreciate your time on this.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by 2Rich4U(m): 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2007
***PLEASE HELP***
Considering buying a bungalow in prime area of Ibadan asking price N14m seen pictures and all but the place needs some renovation which will be an additional cost not sure exactly how much yet?

I also got a suggestion to buy a plot of land and build from scratch that it will cost much less in the same area. I was told can get a plot of land (N1.5-3m range) that putting up construction of the same structure won't cost as much. Problem** don't live in naija, not sure of any reliable construction company that can handle it and also provide warranty for their work after they are done.

If you were in my shoes what would you do? Buy the ready property or go through the uncertainty of building ?
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by promise72(m): 5:53am On Oct 12, 2007
@ 2Rich4U,

The 1st question is do you like the house? If yes. I will suggest that do not pay more that 10mil. Final answer!. Anyone asking 14mil will jump at 10mil cash. Or else. i say WALK!
Also, how long has this house been standing? Maintenace neglect? Any known unflattering history? Someone died there etc. Family squables? Is it owned by a polygamous family? Are the family upstanding. You dont want ppl showing up at your door dem thinking you owe them a living or so?

If house is being sold by a widow then husband's family might be troubling you. Hence building from scratch will be the way. No doubt.

I f you wanna build, u have to visit home and see references and find someone as honest as you can find. Do not make it known that all funds are ready. Tell them na small small u go dey do am.

The good to that is that u will get ur exact choice. Though time consuming. All good things take time u know!

Good luck
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by thirdeye(m): 4:13am On Oct 13, 2007
@ajileko,
A house plan cost depends on the profile of the Architect, though there is recommended 5% of the total cost of building, but few architect do charge based on this. There are 3 classes/levels of those that can do your work for you.

Senior Architectural Student
These group can design for you and they will charge very less, don't be afraid even at 200 level, a student of architecture has started learning the basics of design. They are ready to go the extra mile to satisfy you client because they need money for school fees, buying of materials e.t.c This group will charge you as low as N70,000. Just go to any University town with a course in architecture. Don't be surprised if they end up giving you a better job in terms of designing, but if you are ready to build you will need an experienced architect, most students will be afraid of taking decisions because they lack experience, but you can use an experienced architect moderate/check the work of the student.

Upcoming or Wannabes architect

This group is not long they left the university but with humble experience
they aren't yet registered with the NIGERIA INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS (NIA) in otherwords they don't have a seal yet, this group will charge you between  N200,000-N500,000 for your project.
They are building their clientele so they will be ready to take anything on this range.They are probably working under a big architectural firm to gather more experience and connection, don't be surprised some on this group may even go less afterall they work for a big man for 30 days non stop and go home with salaries from N50,000-N180,000 (excl. those working in banks,oil etc) So they will be ready to take your job as an extra source of income which they can actually round up in one weekend.
I belong to this group.

The Registered but Hungry Architect

This group are registered, they sure are experienced, but they don't have much jobs they can point to or simply lack the clout of an upwardly mobile Architect, they were afraid of facing challenges when they were young so they couldn't make much for themselves, though not hungry as stated.
(When you see one you should be able to know), this group will charge you from N400,000-N1,000,000.

The Big boys, the City Architects

Don't get close to these people if you aren't sure of your purse, they are not ready for stories because they are already well made, even some banks avoid them Yes! Some well experienced with connections flying left and right.
Some very young , registered but with hot blood, this group leave on alot of "Giragira"  they have all the machineries you can think of to bamboozle a client, from cosy offices in highbrow areas  , sleek cars etc. They need to maintain them and you have to pay for them.
This group from 1million to infinity.
So choose your level.
You also need a structural Engineer's drawing ,this may be assigned by your architect or you employ one yourself.( they charge a little less also on levels similar to the ones above)

For the C of O, I have a document issued out in year 2,000 it should still be valid with little additions if there is any.
                            REQUIREMENTS.
1.LAND INFORMATION CERT. (ORIGINAL) APPL. FEE N1,000
2.APPLICATION FORM(RESIDENTIAL-N2,000, IND/COMM.N3,000) WITH 'VITAL INFORMATION  FORM' ATTACHED.
3.COPY OF LAND PURCHASE RECEIPT/AGREEMENT (DULY STAMPED)
4.4 NO. SUNPRINT COPY OF SURVEY PLAN (PAPER OR CLOTH)
5.4 NO. PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS (INDIVIDUAL)
6.TAX CLEARANCE CERT. & N100 DEVT. LEVY
7.COPIES OF ALL OFFICIAL RECEIPTS (APPLICATION FORM,LAND INFORMATION FEE & PROCESSING FEE)
8.PROCESSING FEE (BANK DRAFT TO LASG:RESIDENTIAL-N10,000
IND/COMM.-N20,000
9.COPY OF APPROVED BUILDING PLAN (ELEVATION IF DEVELOPED)
10.TENEMENT RATE RECEIPT (IF OCCUPIED)
11.COPY OF CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION/REGISTRATION
(COMPANIES OR GROUP OWNERSHIP).
12. SITE LOCATIONAL SKETCH
13.CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT LEVY
(a)RESIDENTIAL-N30,000
(b)COMMERCIAL AND PLACE OF WORSHIP-N40,000
(c)INDUSTRIAL-N55,000
14. A COVERING LETTER TO : THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, LAND USE AND ALLOCATION OFFICE, GOVERNORS OFFICE, IKEJA: STATING ALL DOCUMENTS ATTACHED.

@2rich4all,
Thanks Promise 72 for answering the question, I couldn't have done better.
But for a reliable Construction firm, apologies to the house, I have to go selfish, You can try my office we do design and build.

Aina+ Associates Design Ltd.,
No. 14 Ajidagan Str.,
Gbagada Phase 1,
Lagos.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by promise72(m): 7:07am On Oct 13, 2007
@ Thirdeye,

I sent you an email few days ago but havent read from you. My question is about "BECO" Blocks you mentioned in one of your replies. Can you give a me a brief description. I am thinking its the same quality as i see over here. One of my "wish" is that someday i will establish a block industry that produces high quality blocks like the ones here in the US. But two things im worried about. Selling it (cos it will be a tad more xpen$ive) and also acquiring the machines to make them. Be loaded! i warn!

But the products are superb compare to what i see over there regularly in Naija. I plan to set up shop in Ibadan tho. I always love the place. Lagos is a bit crazy for my liking.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by thirdeye(m): 8:06am On Oct 13, 2007
@Promise 72,
I am very sorry for not replying you early enough, though I saw the mails late, I am sure you checked my profile to mail me and got omionick@yahoo.co.uk I am sorry I will go and change that immediately,this particular email add I have used to oversubscribed to a lot lot of sites so I get thousands of mails/day.
The one you can use to get quick response from me is great4ways@yahoo.co.uk is also the one on my website.
To BECO blocks, I think nothing call block could be better than this one I saw, though haven't been out of the country to see other one but anything better to me is an overkill.
To set it up won't cost too much as adviced by some people, rather I want to heavily encourage you to do it, and you will make so much money in Nigeria that will make you to run and live U.S patapata.
But also take this advice, this block industry has to be in Big boys area or in Lagos where it can be easily taken to different sites ,you know there are alot of G.R.A's around Lagos.Nigerians are simply mad for anything class, you won't believe it, if you can make some advertisement especially in Lagos and let people know about it, big men will come around to buy your product so that they can brag to their friends that they are using your block to build their buildings ( I am not a big man but my profession gave me the priviledge to meet with these people and I know they have weakness for this) ,apart from the guy I mentioned about in the other post, I saw one that actually but his own engines and move them to site to mould special blocks for him ,even when he doesn't know the usefullness and of course everybody heard that he used a different type of block. Also another one entered into contract with somebody to make special one for him,so many instances.
If it has to be in Ibadan not bad, but you have to make sure is close to the wealthy or you make them know somehow.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by 2Rich4U(m): 5:26am On Oct 14, 2007
@Promise - thanks for the reply it was really helpful.

@thirdeye - I will get in touch with your office on some estimates.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by promise72(m): 5:29am On Oct 14, 2007
no problem. my pleasure
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by thirdeye(m): 12:54am On Oct 15, 2007
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by promise72(m): 1:13am On Oct 15, 2007
@ thirdeye,

u on?
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by ajileko: 3:18am On Oct 23, 2007
Thanks thirdeye for the detailed information on obtaining the C of O in Lagos. I will start the process and hopefully I can succeed in geting one. I hope the tout or the agbero don't get the best of me.
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by Enalunaokokhuele: 6:16am On Sep 25, 2018
Please fellow Nairaland! I need an estimate on plumbing job for a two unit bedroom suit at Ikorodu, l’m actually on the 2nd stage of the plumbing work. The quotations , l ‘ve been getting is too outrageous. And l will be glad if anyone can recommend a reliable plumber to me . Thank you .
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by Bimpsyyyyy: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
Enalunaokokhuele:
Please fellow Nairaland! I need an estimate on plumbing job for a two unit bedroom suit at Ikorodu, l’m actually on the 2nd stage of the plumbing work. The quotations , l ‘ve been getting is too outrageous. And l will be glad if anyone can recommend a reliable plumber to me . Thank you .
You can whatsapp me on 09069193297 so i can see the building and give you a reasonable quote
Re: Buildingcontractorsecrets.com by rotecch77(m): 5:21am On Oct 01, 2018
Enalunaokokhuele:

We are professional qon this, let's handle the job for you perfectly couple with reasonable quote.
One of our plumbing store outlet/ office is in ikorodu

Check some of our work link

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-plumbing-tiling-finishings-work

Public Display Of All Plumbing/sernitary Wares Prices

https://www.nairaland.com/3155183/special-project-special-man-hajj

https://www.nairaland.com/3507349/construction-bungalow-nairalander-ajah-area.

(1) (Reply)

MASSIVE DISCOUNT ON LAGUNA BEACH LUXURIOUS APARTMENTS AJAH / 5kva Complete Solar System / Urgent Sale! Check The Pics Of 3bedroom Bungalow N3.8m Via Unique Estate Baruwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.