Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? (917 Views)

(pics)who Btw These Two Striking Men Would Get The Ladies More? / Photo: Will You Accept This Gift? / Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 9:52am On Jul 14, 2011
She's a 25-year-old legal professional who believes that an educated woman who is working and earning a decent income is worth more in terms of bride price

because she is an investment to a man. I won’t just go to my man’s house and sit down. I will contribute and pay part of the bills.

The millions is just for him to say ‘thanks’ to my parents,” she justifies and adds to say, a lot has been spent on her education, beginning from primary,to

university. She is currently pursuing a masters degree in law and economy.

“A woman is priceless. You cannot quantify her worth. But if she is educated, independent, and moneyed, it means that she is worth more when it comes to dowry.”

Now,many young bachelors, caught between higher education and increasing inflation, are growing increasingly unhappy at the high bride price,

which some equate to “buying” their bride from her parents.Most young people, frustrated by excessive bride price demands, choose to elope and live together

without the benefit of a marriage.In modern society, paying bride price is evidence that the man is serious about his intentions to make the marriage stable.

It also demonstrates that the husband-to-be is capable of caring for and supporting a wife.

It also makes the bride feel that she is worth “something” and that her husband considers her valuable. It is a 'modern proof of love'.

So a man who wants to marry a modern woman should be prepared to demonstrate his love with his wallet, undecided

Do you agree?

I reserve my comments. lipsrsealed
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2011
@MMM
no am nt the lady.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by MrsChima(f): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2011
Some women can be bought, sold, and traded to the highest bidder. Someone told me regardless if you didn't accept any transaction of any form you sold yourself someway form or fashion.

In relationship, women are always the one given the most in the relationship while the men enjoys the fruit of the women's labor. Hmm.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 14, 2011
A Woman is Priceless Means No amount of Money you pay as her bride price is actually worth It! But the High Bride Price remains an Issue. I personally do not buy the idea of eloping. If the lady loves me, there should be a way for her to make her parents see reason! undecided But if I really love Her i'll Pay the Bride Price! Love Covers all things! Love Endures and Love does not Keep account of Injury!. . . My Views! smiley(If they are trying to be unreasonable, i'll do one of 3 things: Find another bride, Marry her in court(without parents consent, i dont care as long as she agrees) or After Paying the huge Bride Price, She'll never see her parents for the next 10 years grin. . . Just Kidding!)
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^ grin

Most guy do number no.3 Pay the dowry then later become tough on the lady.Never allowing her to see her people as often.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by MMM2(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2011
op
did d mods ban u? angry
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^^
Nope.I don't do crimes. I underwent a transformation and emerged me.

wheres your twin?
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by MMM2(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2011
ur twin is giving me BJ. angry
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by MMM2(m): 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2011
pendo89:

@MMM
no am nt the lady.

i know say dis 1 no be u. undecided
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2011
undecided who will save you?
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by onenighty: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
OP

Are u talking bout the money to marry her

or the money i would give her after we nyash

cos its 2 different things
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by MMM2(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2011
op
God will save me.

Or

do u want 2 save me by nyashing me? angry
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by iice(f): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2011
Sounds like the 'I'm independent modern woman but you must pay my bills as the man in the relationship'.
Confused human beings. Always seeking some justification and trying to have their cake and eat it too. Make she come try am for my brothers grin grin She go see wei!. She doesn't need to try and justify her bride price. . .no be culture? If the parents ask for so and so amount, and the man wants to and can match it, wetin again? Sales pitch wey no just dey convoluted.
My own? I don't care for bride price for myself. . .happy for those who have it because they want it.
It's enough he wants to marry me. . .with my wahala? cheesy Pushing to marry me dey enough.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2011
@190 .This is dowry price.Not 'nyansh' price. undecided

@iice.

Her parents/relatives had no idea what she had in mind.She made her announcement public .She's not taking home a man not 'willing to thank' her parents for the struggles they have gone through to bring her up to where she is.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by tashanja(m): 12:35am On Jul 15, 2011
^^^^then she would have to fore go all her rights and be ready to be treated like the furniture or any other item bought and brought to the house lipsrsealed
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by Atreides(f): 12:58am On Jul 15, 2011
This is why i LOVE Bini people!
Our bride-price is 24 Naira!

Anytime he starts making mouth,like do you know how much i paid for you(at least that's what they always say in home videos),i would dip my hand into my pocket,bring out 50 naira,give it to him and tell him to keep the change! grin grin grin

Bini people rock!!!
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by Advocator: 1:03am On Jul 15, 2011
When you pay dowry to the woman you are willing to marry; its not like you are buying her, Dowry is a form of gift forwarded to the bride to be and her family. Feminist women! angry
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by african1(f): 1:05am On Jul 15, 2011
^^^ Advo: 20 geel iyo Qori gabar ma kabixinlaheed?
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by Advocator: 1:08am On Jul 15, 2011
If you are a virgin why not.  cheesy

maujedaa these gaalo mentality, they think dowry is a tag price that buys a wife. Waa xolo ileyn wuhu.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by african1(f): 1:14am On Jul 15, 2011
Lmao!!! Be careful man, afkaaga trouple uu kugalin. Ps Dadkasta isku mid mahan, inaga its fine, but ayaga it is not.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by iice(f): 4:59am On Jul 15, 2011
Atreides:

Anytime he starts making mouth,like do you know how much i paid for you(at least that's what they always say in home videos),i would dip my hand into my pocket,bring out 50 naira,give it to him and tell him to keep the change! grin grin grin

Bini people rock!!!

Rofl grin grin

pendo89:

@iice.

Her parents/relatives had no idea what she had in mind.She made her announcement public .She's not taking home a man not 'willing to thank' her parents for the struggles they have gone through to bring her up to where she is.
So her own is thanking the parents and somehow ended up with my MBA should bring me more money? Womanoids! Before dem get 2 from 1 + 1, dem go do pilgrim journey.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 6:44am On Jul 15, 2011
Well I wonder who's gonna marry her anyway coz shes rubbed men the wrong way.Bride price is not purchase price .Its a thank u, but its just immoral to equate it to the amount spent in bringing anybody up.
Think of it this way. Dont you think the grooms parents have spent considerable amount on their boy too and probably more than you?
I know of a lady that agreed to pay her bride price on behalf of the fiancee coz the parents demands were too high.The man opted to stop the marriage to drive his point home.The gal frustrated by her parents/relatives decided to assist the guy cz she loved him too much and had money.
They married and the parents still have no clue who paid!
Was that a wrong thing for to have done? help her guy pay her dowry??
undecided
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by Mynd44: 8:20am On Jul 15, 2011
Don't we buy women already? With all the BB cost, feeding allowance. Some men even have a monthly pay plan with their In-law where they pay a fixed amount of money to them for UPKEEP but it is actually money for the wife
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2011
shocked shocked
Are u saying the amount you spend on the girl during courtship amounts to dowry? lol What you spend on her during dating is a risk!
I imagine a guy telling the gals parents that hes spent this and that amount on her so it may as well be deducted from the actual figure demanded 4 dowry.
It may not even be monetary value but if your bringing say mmh 2 goats, you estimate the amount u spent on her  BB/Suya/Egusi while dating and equate it to the value of the goat.If its same then you deduct one goat? undecided
What do u call that lol? future investment? thats risky.
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by Mynd44: 8:50am On Jul 15, 2011
^^^
No, I mean the amount I spend on her after marriage
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by MsPotato(f): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2011
@ Topic,

I completely disagree and I personally think its a selfish act. Love is not meant to be bought and sell and bribe and bid . . . It has nothing to do with all of this.

What if a poor man is in the picture? Are u expecting him to pay a high dowry because unfortunately for him, his so called wife to be is an MBA graduate and she is a professional cook, cleaner, child taker and whatever you call it?

Does that mean only a rich man can marry the so called educated women and the poor ones are for village women whom couldn't afford any education?

This is what I call Bushman thinking. Sorry no offesne  undecided
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by pendo89(f): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2011
@potato lol

That is wht people have reduced this dowry thing into.like some barter trade.'buying the lady'. And u treat her later according to how much you paid sad

Imagine I see some males opting for come we stay because the parents complicate issues too much.its just damn expensive.

Up there in one of my post I mentioned this lady that paid her own cz she got disgusted by the parents and relatives.

Guess wht? they got married and live together but parents have no clue she paid her own dowry and not the guy.He was just a poor dude struggling but love was key.

I dont believe placing a value on dowry guarantess a stable relationship

How do they do it in malaysia?
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by MsPotato(f): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2011
In Malaysia it all depends what race you are.

If you are a[b]Chinese[/b], than both parents of the bride and groom will come together and discuss. The bride's parents will tell the groom's parents what they want and it usually comes in the form of money and the boy's parents have to go give the girls parents the money than marriage takes place.

If you are a Malay or[b] Bumi Native[/b], than the bride's parents will tell the groom what they want and usually it comes in the form of Money/Property/stuff like eg: 5 cows, 3 sheeps, one car and money. . .

If you are an Indian, than brides and grooms parents will come and discuss and the groom's parents will tell the bride's parents how much money they want and the bride's parents have to pay the money and than the wedding takes place
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2011
Atreides:

Bini people rock!!!

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Men,Would you pay for a wife? Women,Would you accept to be bought? by kpolli(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
i can assure her men wud prefer to marry illiterates then

(1) (Reply)

‘my Husband Called Me HIV Carrier In Market Place’ / The 4 Types Of Women You Should Avoid / Facts about love and sex....Don't miss this!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.