Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,033 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:46 AM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44593 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 7:18am On May 19, 2022
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Leemekzy: 8:00am On May 19, 2022
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.

128 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 8:18am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Please help
Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
Try contact Speedaf if they have ur item.

105 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 8:22am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
Op is talking about custom fee at the ports. Items from UK, US would still pass through the airports.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Leemekzy: 8:27am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

Op is talking about custom fee at the ports. Items from UK, US would still pass through the airports.
they take care off that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 8:32am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
they take care off that.
I doubt that. It's always stated in the terms and conditions that the buyer might be subjected to paying custom fee in accordance to the regulations of individual countries.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Tonypens48(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2022
H
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by slawormiir: 8:51am On May 19, 2022
Damnnn niggar..
This looks like my huzzle

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by PlayerMeji: 8:51am On May 19, 2022
lokk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Passionate888: 8:52am On May 19, 2022
Buhari sef.

4 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Rastaramsey(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2022
My o.p your phone don enter voicemail...

If you reach there complain complain
Nasoso story you go dey collect...

Na something wey don do me before...

5 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Eriokanmi: 8:53am On May 19, 2022
Go and pay your duty op, as a good Nigerian. Any item that exceeds 250usd must attract a duty. That's the only help...which is to go meet them and pay the right amount as duty. Ciao

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SEGLIZ: 8:53am On May 19, 2022
even when God chose to ease life for Nigerians one nasty demon somewhere would just wake from his slumber to frustrate people.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Sheuns(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2022
It’s advisable to use third party shipping companies when buying phones from China.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Rebuke: 8:53am On May 19, 2022
Naija things dey always different. Having the wrong people in the right positions, that's what yhu get.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Adonis86(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2022
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2022
When u order u no tell us oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 8:54am On May 19, 2022
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high

2 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by everythinggirly(f): 8:54am On May 19, 2022
Custom thieves.

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by dakcan: 8:54am On May 19, 2022
i laff

what a useless country

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Dottore: 8:54am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Is shiptonaija among the options in aliexpress

6 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nigerialabalaba: 8:55am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

I doubt that. It's always stated in the terms and conditions that the buyer might be subjected to paying custom fee in accordance to the regulations of individual countries.
thank u for giving him sense. Wen u read dat kain thing jes know say dem still dey settle one customs guy until gbege go burst and story go change.
D law dey dia and no be new thing. Even for airport, customs dey dia so I no sabi weda na coutonou forests dem won take ship am to Naija. shiorr

5 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Albert0011(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2022
Same thing they did to my friend and up till today his money was not refunded to him.

I prefer to buy from Jumia (Jumia global).
At least i know their offices in Nigeria if anything should happen.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by ican2020: 8:55am On May 19, 2022
LG LED 43 inch LK5100 Series Full HD LED TV & PlayStation 4 + Control & FIFA 22

Full HD 1080P: Watch TV and movies in true 1080p high-definition sharpness and Images are super

Dynamic Color makes 6 colors including RGB color more vivid and clearer. This cutting-edge color processing technology presents a picture that is natural.

LG's surround sound effect seems to recreate sounds. Feel the happenings all around you using just TV speaker with no additional equipment required

Immersive home entertainment: Connect your entertainment devices and enjoy a variety of contents such as games and movies through your TV.

Sophisticated inside and out, the stylish frames make the design even more dazzling with its modern taste.
Reason for sale: relocation

LG LED 43 inch LK5100 Series Full HD LED TV Price 100,000
&
PlayStation 120,000 [Excellent Working Condition]

For more info call 08058435405

1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by nawa4naija(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2022
Just forget about the phone and order another one

One custom baba don dey Faji your phone
grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by iwaeda: 8:55am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

Check at the post office they may not have updated the tracking grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / Amazing Photos I Took With My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.