Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:30 AM

Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? (5042 Views)

Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off / Officials Test Completed Abuja Metro Rail System / Lagos Light Rail System (2) (3) (4)

Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by liquid7: 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2011
With the recent even of flooding do people in lagos still think an underground rail is a good idea?
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by Kx: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2011
u want make flood carry d train go ocean?
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by jmaine: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2011
Kx:

Like that kin Indian ocean  tongue . . .  With a proper EIA study . . .the assessment will provide the basis if such project should proceed or be jettisoned . . .
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by PeeDaVinci: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2011
as far as i know, fashola never promised to build underground rail system - no construction company will even do that for him, elevation of a place that would get an underground rail system should never be lower than 50 m above mean sea level, and this is not the case in lagos
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by EzeUche(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
How can they have a rail system, when they cannot even control this flooding? I dey laugh!

Abuja or Enugu would be better places to have a rail system.
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by aljharem3: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2011
liquid7:

With the recent even of flooding do people in lagos still think an underground rail is a good idea?

i think it is not a good idea

i would think using a tram system would be better
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by Horus(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
An underground rail is more expensive than a light railway system.
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by tpia5: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2011
tram system is ok.
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by slimyem: 1:02am On Jul 15, 2011
dont go funny at all.for where??
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by EkoIle1: 1:09am On Jul 15, 2011
When did Lagosians asked for underground Rail system sef?
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by Exponental(m): 7:05am On Jul 15, 2011
@poster,
where did u hear of undaground rail system in lagos?
Lagos govt has 2 railway projects declared publicly:
1 from badagry(10 lane express) n d oda 4m alagbado, both 2 terminate @ lagos island, which hasnt been completed.

Correct me pls if u av latest info!
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by proffmanue(m): 7:12am On Jul 15, 2011
it is possible only if we hv a dedicated government. but let start with the surface first.
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by temiade(f): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2011
d project is well on its way to completion. Fashola doesnt play

http://www.lagosrail.com/rail_lines/red_line/overview.php
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by geosegun(m): 8:48am On Jul 15, 2011
temiade:

d project is well on its way to completion. Fashola doesnt play

http://www.lagosrail.com/rail_lines/red_line/overview.php

tHATS NOT UNDER GROUND RAIL.
THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED NATION THAT CAN TRY THAT SEF.
LAGOS IS ALREADY 0.2m BELOW SEA LEVEL. THERE WOULD BE MASSIVE WASTE OF LIFE AND FINAL DEMISE OF  ALREADY LOOTED AND BARTERED ECONOMY.
IF YOU ARE NOT CLEAR OF THIS ASK A GEOLOGIST grin - ME cool
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by temiade(f): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2011
i didnt mean undergrd. i know iits lightrail. i just meant d rail project is on its way, stop shouting
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by Gbenge77(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2011
I doubt the LaSG has the required funds to execute such a project.
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by eghost247(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2011
Tram should do
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by MMM2(m): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2011
Dey need underground swim pool. angry
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by geosegun(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2011
temiade:

i didnt mean undergrd. i know iits lightrail. i just meant d rail project is on its way, stop shouting

@Temiade
have we met b4? Hope are we are not fighting sha ?
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by firestar(f): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2011
Kx:

Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by Redman44(m): 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2011
Plans for underground trains in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria should be abandoned for now. The Light Rail Fashola promised has not yet been completed. The Lagos State Government should focus on getting the BRT buses into the suburbs and inner streets and areas of Lagos. The Buses should be able to to get residents of the state who live inner areas to the main roads. Let Fashola and successive Governors develop Bus Transport in the state 100% before even thinking of Underground trains. Also, the drainage problems in Lagos should be tackled to forestall devastating floods in the future. It seems to me that Fashola is losing steam already. I am so disappointed in the guy. Cheers.
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by houvest: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2011
When did Lagosians ask for an underground rail? Is their any basis for this thread?
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by executinal(m): 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2011
liquid7:

CAPITAL NO More question? cheesy
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by vislabraye(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2011
The underground would only be good during dry season. But when the rain starts, join BRT grin Eko no baje
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by aljharem3: 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2011
i have to say if ACN or fashola are looking to buld an underground railway for lagos, then they are stu.pid or he is stu.pid

who builts an underground railway in a water logged state undecided

a tram is far better and cost effective than any underground crap

must we be like UK or USA. lets develop a system that works for us alone
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by hewelim: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2011
who would ever think up such a suicidal idea underground in a sand filled area. People never learn floods have killed, displaced and made people homeless haba don't talk about
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by donguutti: 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2011
thinking about such is very foolish , talk less of actually doing it, unless of course they have found a way to build the trains like submarines because the trains would be moving under water grin
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by Musiwa42: 8:25pm On Jul 15, 2011
yes, water log have nothing to do with a metro line. In canada. toronto slow fill up the place. but we have a subway or metro line under it. the water underground does not affect it.

you can build metro line in lagos. Only lagos , ibadan and benin city can have metroline in nigeria. The others do not look big enough to have a metroline.   you cant put metroline in abuja. you would not make money. 

Lagos, ibadan and benin city are the cities that can have metroline. i will not waste or invest in metroline in abuja.
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by Horus(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2011
A submarine is a better option in case of flooding in lagos.  grin
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2011
PeeDaVinci:

as far as i know, fashola never promised to build underground rail system - no construction company will even do that for him, elevation of a place that would get an underground rail system should never be lower than 50 m above mean sea level, and this is not the case in lagos
you are wrong there.I take it you have never been on any underground train B4 hence this comment, its totaly the oposit.

Kx:

this is wrong assumption as the underground tunnels are network of concratplus steel tubes.

donguutti:

thinking about such is very foolish , talk less of actually doing it, unless of course they have found a way to build the trains like submarines because the trains would be moving under water grin
wake up, your ideas of technology is soooooo 200BC lol
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by YoruIgbo(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2011
Fashola should spend money on flood control, create employment for Lagos youth and forget about train or tram whether underground or up ground!! how can someone who can't afford to maintain bicycle want to buy a car? is that not madness!! Netherlands has huge portion of it about 1meter below sea level but they have some undergrounds but not underground like city of london though.

Please Fashola start project that will provide jobs
Re: Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? by erico2k2(m): 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Fashola should spend money on flood control, create employment for Lagos youth and forget about train or tram whether underground or up ground!! how can someone who can't afford to maintain bicycle want to buy a car? is that not madness!! Netherlands has huge portion of it about 1meter below sea level but they have some undergrounds but not underground like city of london though.

Please Fashola start project that will provide jobs
guy think right,you made mention of london underground, do you have any idea howmany people work for London underground?could you immagine howmany people would be employed if this turns into reality? and it will definatly generate mor income for the state,But we cant be comparing any underground with that of London,it began there lol

Fg To Establish Space Centre At Uniuyo / 18 Hours In Taraba’s Diamond Fields - Fastest Growing Settlement In Africa / Frederick Lugard, 'Iguocha', And Historical References