Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,892 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 AM

Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation (35410 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only / Win Xp Service Pack 2 Freezes My Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by determined: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2007
Please I av just formatted my laptop and installed xp service pack 2. Now the problem is that it is asking me to activate it. I av tried using the product key that came with the cd but it's not working. Please can anybody tell me what to do?Or does anybody have a product key that works?
Please this is urgent. I have just 25 days to go.
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Ralvy(m): 11:08am On Aug 09, 2007
I see, I think you have installed the Windows XP Pro CD that came with your System.

If your system was a brand new one that came pre-installed with windows XP, then look under your system, they should be a silver sticker with your activation serial no on it.

If it wasnt new, buy a windows XP cd from any of our local retailers and re install.
This is the most commonly used key and it should work should work:

XP8BF-F8HPF-PY6BX-K24PJ-TWT6M

This key has been recognised as a Crack by Microsoft, so you will be getting the WGA warning when connected to the Internet. After you have done this, let me know - I will upload a software that'll let u change ur serial no and a genuine check to confirm your system's aight by Microsoft. Good Luck!

nerve.it@gmail.com
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Maleeq(m): 11:03am On Aug 10, 2007
@Ralvy

Na wa for you and cracks. Do you do anything the LEGAL way?

@determined

The copy you installed from, was it the one that came with the laptop? If yes, it really should not be asking for activation anymore. But if it does ask for activation, get connected to the internet and simply click on the "Activate Now" icon on the taskbar. It would take less than a minute for the process on most links.

However, if the CD is not the one that came with the laptop, download the "key Changer" application directly from microsoft's website. Run the application and enter the "CD Key" on the certification of authenticity found under the laptop.

You should be connected to the internet to complete these procedures. Once this is done, you should be home free from there on!.
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by abohrandy: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2007
@ Maleeq,

is this key changer stuff not some kind of illegal method too.
if u want ginuwine shit go for it.
what Palvy proposed is not too different from the second option you have proposed.
it all boils down o the same thing.
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Maleeq(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2007
@abohrandy

Microsoft is aware of the piracy going on with its products. Truth is, they cant stop it. However, most of this distributions around are actually copies of an "authentic corporate" CD. Corporate copies usually have a series of keys(yes, not one key) attached to it. So, once microsoft discovers a corporate copy leak, it marks that series as "illegal"

To help genuine users, microsoft provided the key update software(I could send you a copy to verify that its digitally signed by microsoft if you want). So, say I own a laptop with a genuine installation that laters becomes leaked, all I have to do is run the update key application and use the "CD key" under my laptop. Microsoft then identifies my installation a valid "for as long as my own key does not get leaked".

Did you know: Computers in a particular batch of Branded systems all have the same installation keys on them! Yes, they are not separately installed, clones are made from a master HDD.
Next, you'll ask, how then does Microsoft know when a leak occurs? Well, the have agreements with these OEMs(orignal equipment manufacturers) that covers the estimated number of simultaenous installation as well as some other legal "jumbo-jumbo" I cant digress into right now.
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by abohrandy: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2007
kul
man thanks for the light!!!
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Ralvy(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2007
I do not see the differnece btwn using a pirated version or the original OS. The only problem will be upgrading for security patches and all that but some users can still upgrade using cracks. According to Microsoft, users who have the same serial number as the 20 most-copied Windows XP discs will be unable to install the new upgrade. But with the company blocking only these discs, some users of pirate copies will still be able to download the service pack. The same tactic was used to stop users of pirate copies from installing SP1, although pirates then launched a tool to get round the anti-piracy measures. Microsoft really wants to limit the scope of attacks and this reflects the strategy. It's not altruistic by any manner of means, I dont see the use of activating and all that.
Microsoft can't be concerned at affecting pirates now.
I use a fully functional pirated version of XP S.P2 grin and I can download anything from Microsofts site.
Don't be worried about Activation, keep on Cracking tongue
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Maleeq(m): 12:32am On Aug 11, 2007
@Ralvy

Ralvy:

I do not see the differnece btwn using a pirated version or the original OS.
Are u into software development? If yes, then you would know the difference when someone runs a pirated/cracked version instead the original version of you own program.

I ain't saying I'm the holiest around, but its all about ethics here. I have used cracked softwares but now I can boldly say I own original copies of more than 90% of the software installed on my system.

Ralvy:

According to Microsoft, users who have the same serial number as the 20 most-copied Windows XP discs will be unable to install the new upgrade.
That's why these systems, though installed(created from an image) with the same keys, have their own separate keys on the the seal of authenticity. Once a serial is marked as leaked, you can then enter the key on the seal to prove that you indeed have an original installation.

Ralvy:

But with the company blocking only these discs, some users of pirate copies will still be able to download the service pack.

The same tactic was used to stop users of pirate copies from installing SP1, although pirates then launched a tool to get round the anti-piracy measures.
In this life, nothing is absolute. Sure others might find a way around. If they lay their hands on another key in the series released for that batch of CDs, then they'll be able to access all these features unhindered until the usage number rises to the point where Microsoft tags it again as leaked. . .the cycle then continues for another serial.

Ralvy:

Microsoft really wants to limit the scope of attacks and this reflects the strategy. It's not altruistic by any manner of means, I don't see the use of activating and all that.
Like I said, you probably aren't into software development. You wont understand its importance in controlling the use of your softwares.

Ralvy:

Microsoft can't be concerned at affecting pirates now.

Ralvy:

I use a fully functional pirated version of XP S.P2 grin and I can download anything from Microsofts site.
Don't be worried about Activation, keep on Cracking tongue
Wow!, Bravo! Ain't that something to be proud of!
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Ralvy(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2007
[s]Like I said, you probably aren't into software development. You wont understand its importance in controlling the use of your softwares[/s].

I appreciate your response. cheesy but thanks! I don't buy your Idea tongue - I would continue to run ma pirated shit for as long as I want to. I am currently undergoing training for MCSD (Microsoft Certified Software Developer) and I have gone quite far, according to my tutor, using pirated copies of softwares dosen't pose any kind of  threat whatsoever to your system but you are advised to use them, just so the Developers can get some stack and you showing them you appreciate their hard work smiley. You will just be denied of security updates and other stuff which I am not denied of as at now grin cheesy. I have done Java and I have just finished creating a software for a video club. The thruth is that I do not give a damn! 'bout ne'1 modyfing ma products and all that. I develop freeware softwares, let windows do it the linux way* wink cheesy grin or we continue to CrAcK

It seems Gates is related to your family o,
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by inze(m): 11:32am On Aug 11, 2007
Use this

FCKGW-RHQQ2-YXRKT-8TG6W-2B7Q8

I n z e
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2007
using pirated software /warez is no different from stealing.thats what i always tell peeps b4 i install warezed apps for them.

but consider the fact that if not for piracy, most of us down in naija and other third world countries would still be using windows 3.1(thats a quote i lifted from download.com, in case you've seen it before)

i'm an electrical engineer .I'm proficient in some Autodesk Applications, Microsoft Office Applications, and a lot of CAD/engineering applications.how many did i pay for? none! and i wouldn't have had the money to pay for them.(do you have any idea how much a license for autocad costs?)

even then, the authorised sellers in nigeria are not much better than the sellers in pc village;oyinbo dey make am, naija man dey sell am! I previously worked in a consulting firm that bought a network license for an autodesk product.it would have been cheaper to buy it in yankee, but we were directed to buy it from the nigerian retailer, who sold it at a hefty markup.time to install, and the nitwit couldn't do it.it was the in house it guy who eventually installed the application.we called autodesk authorised trainer based in naija for training, and they brought outdated tutorials for the prodcut (the 2004 version, while we had the 2005 version)worse, the tutorials were in imperial, rather than metric units.

anyway, thats by the way. my point is that yes, piracy, warez etal is stealing, but it also the only way the average Nigerian can get a leg up.don't you see all the ads in the papers? autocad, PDMS, Staadpro, microsoft project etc knowledge/experience a must.our schools do not have any partnerships with MS, Autodesk,adobe, sun microsystems etc, so where are pple going to learn to use them? or should all jobs go to the fortunate children of the rich whose parents sent them abroad where training in use of software is the standard in educational institutions?
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Maleeq(m): 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2007
@Ralvy

Ralvy:

I would continue to run ma pirated shit for as long as I want to.
You are so incorrigible. Anyway, I don try my best sha.

Ralvy:

according to my tutor, using pirated copies of softwares dosen't pose any kind of threat whatsoever to your system
No offense or disregard intended, but you tutor is not so knowledgeable for that statement. Just cos he has not encountered one before that is harmful, does not mean the those who crack these wares cant/wont harmful codes along side the cracks! You'll probably wont notice cos you'll most likely be happy to see your cracked ware working.

Ralvy:

but you are advised to use them, just so the Developers can get some stack and you showing them you appreciate their hard work smiley.
That's the ethics I was referring to earlier.

Ralvy:

You will just be denied of security updates and other stuff which I am not denied of as at now
Smart statement there. At least you know there's a possibility you could get denied later on.

Ralvy:

I have done Java and I have just finished creating a software for a video club. The thruth is that I do not give a damn! 'bout ne'1 modyfing ma products and all that. I develop freeware softwares
Unless you own the video club or it's run by someone really close(like family, or childhood friend) to you, are you saying you did it for free? Face it my guy, na Naija we dey, na lie!

Say you developed it for a fee, how would you feel if you run to the next couple of stores and find the software in use and no extra cash in your piggy bank? Oh, I guess your "good-will nature" would make you smile and even offer a free upgrade when you have one!!!

Ralvy:

It seems Gates is related to your family o,
I represent Microsoft here in Nigeria. Please give me your address so that I can come over and inspect your system. . .before I slam you a legal suit!!! grin
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2007
Maleeq:

I represent Microsoft here in Nigeria. Please give me your address so that I can come over and inspect your system. . .before I slam you a legal suit!!! grin

aaaarr!!!!

run for your life!!!!!the BSA(business Software Alliance) is in town!!!here to sue the pants off pirates large and small!!!!
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Ralvy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2007
oyb:

aaaarr!!!!

run for your life!!!!!the BSA(business Software Alliance) is in town!!!here to sue the pants off pirates large and small!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaat
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is my very last post on this Topic cool

I dey Bail oh wink
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Maleeq(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2007
@Ralvy

Too late! We are on our way to your crib!
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Brymore(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2007
I have been following this thread with much interest.

Truth is as much as I agree with Maleeq, Ralvy also has a good point. If you go to the market today, two-third of softwares you find will definitely be pirated, unless you buy from authorised distributors.
All those Igbo and Yoruba guys that sell softwares along the road and even in Ikeja are all dealers in pirated stuff.

Also, as a software developer, I think it is good to crack softwares that are made as this will point out the loopholes in such security and help0 the developer create something different and more secure. (It is just the same reason for having complex passwords wen u know that your simple passwords can be cracked with brute force or dictionary attacks).

In conclusion, I would tell Ralvy to be a bit more careful with his words (Ur pc can be traced thru it's IP address, though it may be a cafe),

Then to u determined, I think wat happened was that u installed an xp that had a serial no embedded in it. U will have to either look for a means of editing the registry to make it genuine or uninstal the genuine key finder (which u must have installed unknowingly) and a worst case scenario will be to totally uninstal the xp. The final solution is to re-instal ur xp using one of the pirated ones in the mkt then use a software like rockxp or magic jellybean to change the key to the genuine one that came wit ur laptop.

But if you are sure the xp is the one that came wit ur laptop, simply go online and activate it.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by abohrandy: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2007
i wished i could do the cracking myself
i for don crack MS by now
God knows y he has not let me do that programming
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Ralvy(m): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2007
Brymore:

I have been following this thread with much interest.

Truth is as much as I agree with Maleeq, Ralvy also has a good point.

grin  wink

Brymore:

In conclusion, I would tell Ralvy to be a bit more careful with his words (your pc can be traced through it's IP address, though it may be a cafe)

yh! sure - I know that, but among all the the thousands of IP addresses they find using their cracked wares, it is ralvy76 they will mess up, say wetin happen

Brymore:

Also, as a software developer, I think it is good to crack softwares that are made as this will point out the loopholes in such security and help0 the developer create something different and more secure. (It is just the same reason for having complex passwords when u know that your simple passwords can be cracked with brute force or dictionary attacks).

Smart 1 cheesy
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by Sleeksoul(m): 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2008
Honestly i quite agree with Ralvy i buy completely buy to his idea in asmuch as maleeq opinion stills holds so much water but the plain truth and reality is this; how many of us can afford an authentic software, the answer is very few which in the few coporate organisations takes the lead.
Fellow nairalanders if you can afford an original software please go for it''i honestly respect ethical hacking''this is where i'm love with RALVY cool
tongue embarassed kiss cry
Re: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation by AKKKN: 9:15am On Sep 26, 2015
more of science and technology, check out www.knowlophy.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image / Mtn F@stlink Software Download / Avoid Buying Etisalat Nigeria 200mb Bundle Plan It Is A Pure Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.