Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] (16322 Views)

Unlock Your USB Modem For Free / Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] by Ralvy(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2007
Here, I'll be introducing you to a software that lets users login to their Windows User Accounts using a Pen Drive.
I am doing this especially for the Lazy Nairalanders,  This Helps tho' - Enjoy.

If you didn't know what a "Dongle" is, a dongle is a small hardware device that connects to a computer to authenticate a piece of software. When the dongle is not present, the software runs in a restricted mode or refuses to run. Same with this case, you can use your USB flash drive and make it like a Dongle. To login to your user account, simply plug in your USB flash drive and it will allow you to login. If other unauthorized USB flash drive is plugged in, it'll automatically logoff. A good way to secure your Windows log in if you're a person who can't remember anything including passwords!

Blue Micro USB Flash Drive is design for personal use with simple security features for the computer systems. The software creates a encryption data to the USB flash drive and the user has to logon to the computer using the configured USB flash drive. Therefore the USB flash drive acts like a key for the computer. Users do not need to remember password and encryption is not dependent on windows system itself. The encrypted data is completely proprietary information. This software can be installed on windows XP or 2000 only.

See "Image 1"

Even if you try to boot into Windows using the Advance Start up mode, It will still ask for USB Key, its a simple handy security tool, I believe it's much safer to use this method to protect your computer from illegal logins compared to the Windows login. This is because there are already so many ways to crack Windows account password(do a search here and you'll find a few articles on how to crack and hack into Windows). A hacker/cracker can crack all the passwords he wants, but without the USB flash drive, he can't get in to that user account that he wants to, if you think you are a good hacker, Call me lets hook up - you'll need tu show me what you're made of. tongue tongue

This freeware is very easy to install and use. Just download, install and run it. First of all, you need to create the encrypted data to login. Enter a 14 digit access code, then the drive letter of your USB flash drive and finally click the "Create My Flash Drive Key" button. You will get a notification saying "Your flash drive key has been created. Please enable your flash drive logon in the Enable/Disable Logon tab".

You must also be very careful not to delete the file "bmpl.txt" in your USB root. That's the file that contains the encrypted data which is recognized by Blue Micro USB Flash Drive. If someone copies that files to another USB flash drive, he too can login to your computer using HIS USB flash drive. Another way to recreate the bmpl.txt file is if you remember the 14 digit access code. You have to install Blue Micro USB Flash Drive Logon software on another computer, and then recreate the bmpl.txt file from there.

Click the link below to download the freeware. If you are experiencing problems using this tool, you can wait a bit, I will be uploading a more comprehensive article on this to my blog. Just keep Checking

here's the link;

http://www.bluemicrosolutions.com/downloadsone/BMS_Flash_Logon.zip

Re: Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] by hayprof(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2007
Thanks for the information Mr, But i still think its not dat SAFE tongue
Re: Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] by Ralvy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2007
C ur face tongue tongue, thats the safest shit dude lipsrsealed!!!
Re: Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] by hayprof(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2007
Ralvy:

C your face tongue tongue, thats the safest shit dude lipsrsealed!!!

But me still dont think so shocked
Re: Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] by Ralvy(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2007
Na u know oh,
Re: Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] by Maleeq(m): 5:47am On Aug 10, 2007
Ralvy:

C your face tongue tongue, thats the safest shit dude lipsrsealed!!!
Just think, if it was THAT SAFE, why has it not replaced Smartcard Authentication for logon?

It is very easy to override the USB key authentication.
Re: Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] by hayprof(m): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2007
Maleeq:

Just think, if it was THAT SAFE, why has it not replaced Smartcard Authentication for logon?

It is very easy to override the USB key authentication.

Pls, tell him.

-He even mentioned a specific file can be coped to gain access to the Pc,
How is dat secure, When practically wat some/most Nigerians knw to do best is "Copy & Paste" lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format / How To Transfer MB On Glo Newtwork / Vpn And Its Wahala!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.