Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? (3445 Views)

Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her / Pastor Or Parents: Whose Decision Is Final On Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Free(f): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2006
I firmly believed that both people involved should make the decision to keep a pregnancy, i.e. both the mother and father. Women out there feel like it doesn't matter what the man feels or thinks or what he is going through. All they think about is whether they want the child, yet when the child is here they want the man to contribute financially and emotionally. Men on the other hand have given up and are held at the mercy of the woman i.e their future is up to the woman and of course the legal system. A child affects two people's lives financially and mentally. If two people make a child and two people are responsible for a child then isn't it only fair that both people involved should decide on whether to keep a child?.
There are some women who try and trap men and when the man doesn't stay with them they destroy him in court. I mean, if you decide to get pregnant on purpose to get a man then you should take care of the child on your own because no one has the right to decide another person's future.
On the other hand men shouldn't have unprotected sex with a person they wouldn't want to have a child with. Now, i know there are horrible men out there who ruin it for the good guys and I'm not justifying men who want a child and then change their mind when the child is like 2 yrs old.
So, what do y'all think: should both people involved jointly make the decision to keep a pregnancy or can a woman do whatever she feels like doing?? since it is her body, shes going to be the one who carrys the child for 9months,
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Grizzly(m): 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2006
Even though we take d decision here, the woman still holds all the aces, she does what she wants wid d pregnancy
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2006
since it took 2 of dem 2 make da baby, it should take da same 2 to decide on it
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by allonym: 9:47am On Feb 22, 2006
no matter what people will want, ultimately, it is the woman's body since nobody can compell her to do anything she doesn't want to do. So its her decision.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by alheri(f): 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2006
To a large extent, its the woman's decisionn to make. If a man wants to have a say in the matter, he should decide before the woman gets pregnant. He should decide to use protection or abstain cause once its in, the woman holds the aces. And whether he likes it or not, if she decides to have the kid, he should be able to contribute to his/her upkeep. So guys should make the decision before it happens if not ,
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by africanboy(m): 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2006
dont call me a male chauvinist, but to me, its all left to the woman. any woman worth her salt should know when she is in her safe and unsafe period. if you now decide to have unprotected sex during your unsafe period, hey you cant blame we guys.

not saying that we guys should not take responsibility,,
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by NduGod(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no matter what people will want, ultimately, it is the woman's body since nobody can compell her to do anything she doesn't want to do. So its her decision.
why did you think so?
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Free(f): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2006
u know is both their decision , because she didnt get pregnant by herself
it took two people to make that happened,the child is a part of him and a part of her
so why should she decide, i understand
is her body and all, but what about the guy, he got some say in it, tooo dont ya think.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Seun(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2006
Free: you are saying that it's the decision of both of them, but what if the man wants the pregnancy and the woman does not? Whose decision is it then?
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Free(f): 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2006
you know wat if the gurl know she dont want a child
then she shouldnt have open her damn legs , you know what
i mean, when you open ur legs pregnacy is part of the results,
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2006
Sometimes she doesnt know or is just plain ignorant. I know a confused village girl who didnt even know she was preggers for up to 4 mths.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2006
village gals are village gals grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
all they know is unprotected sex!!!!!!!
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by flower(f): 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2006
Ultimately, it's up to the woman. She is the one who will be carrying the pregnancy.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2006
If i were in this situation, i would want to keep da baby. Why don't men get pregnant, anyway?

I loooooveee kids!
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2006
just imagine how silly a man would look if men were 2 get pregnant grin grin
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by IAH(f): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2006
Gridlock:

I loooooveee kids!

Me too! cheesy
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2006
Rhodalyn:

just imagine how silly a man would look if men were 2 get pregnant grin grin
I would hate to think of childbirth in that case, tho. If it hurts women that bad, what will it do to us. That channel is narrow, i tell you
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by flower(f): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2006
Don't worry, for a man they'll undeniably perform a c-section tongue
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by IBBFan(m): 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2006
if u don't want to abort, play safe 4rm d on-set. but if udawyz n d belly rises, jam heads n do sumn. dont bring any kid on earth as a result of "mistake".

@Gridlock bros, schwarzeneggar don cari belle b4. so, u wont b an xception once ur mind is made up. seems as a man created by d ALMIGHTY, u stl hunger 4 more.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by africanboy(m): 10:28am On Feb 24, 2006
@grid, do u have kids of ur own. if not, you really dont have proof that u love kids.

liking other people's little children is a little different having your own with responsibilities and stuff,
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by alheri(f): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2006
wow! africanboy, why do you think he needs to prove he loves kids to anyone on NL?
You dont need to have kids to love kids. If fact some people love kids more when they dont or cant have thiers.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by mmomi(f): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2006
Most men are cameleom. They would be there(pretence) for you, even meet your parents but when the something happens they won't waste time to change.By then people that didn't know how everything started will call the girl names.(why did you open legs?)

There was this girl in my university days, she was in her final year then, everybody knows her boyfriend we all call him in-law.The parents of the girl knew him as well in fact he was part of her family(meaning first introduction).When the girl took in the guy denied her. She had the baby during her final exams,she has no choice.

In this case whose decision will it be?
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by africanboy(m): 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2006
a school in yaba is named "mbari mbayo", whihc means, "if i had, i would be happy".

it obviously means she doesnt have any woudl loves kids.

@alheri, until u have passed a test, you are not sure you know it. isnt that the reason for exams?

grid cant have kids? ok, then he has a point, until then, until he sees his kids run home from school asking for this and that he cant really be sure of what he wants. i have seen many a people lay the same claim but wouldnt want more than 2 kids or even any1's kids around them.

but then, i could be wrong.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Idekeson(m): 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2006
It's a womans choice. ROE v. WADE.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Free(f): 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2006
ROE v. WADE.

?
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Outkast(f): 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2006
Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973)[1], was a landmark United States Supreme Court case establishing that most laws against abortion violate a constitutional right to privacy, overturning all state laws outlawing or restricting abortion. It is one of the most controversial decisions in U.S. Supreme Court history.

The decision in Roe v. Wade prompted a decades-long national debate over whether terminating pregnancies should be legal (or more precisely, whether a state can deem the act illegal if it so chooses); the role of the Supreme Court in constitutional adjudication; and the role of religious views in the political sphere. Roe v. Wade became one of the most politically significant Supreme Court decisions in history, reshaping national politics, dividing the nation into "pro-choice" and "pro-life" camps, and inspiring grassroots activism.

Funny thing though, Jane Roe changed her mind

In an interesting turn of events, "Jane Roe," whose real name is Norma McCorvey, became a member of the pro-life movement following her conversion to Christianity, and now fights to make abortion illegal. In a press conference held on January 18, 2005, McCorvey claimed that she was the "pawn" of the ambitious Weddington, who was looking for a plaintiff to challenge the Texas state law prohibiting abortion. Using her prerogative as a party to the original litigation, she sought to reopen the case in a U.S. District Court in Texas and have it overturned. See McCorvey v. Hill, 385 F3d 846 (5th Cir 2004). Her new stance is based on claims made since the decision, claiming evidence of emotional and other harm suffered by many women who have had abortions, and increased resources for the care of unwanted children. On June 19, 2003, Judge David Godbey ruled that the motion was not made within a "reasonable time." On February 22, 2005, the Supreme Court refused to grant a writ of certiorari, ending McCorvey's appeal.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2006
Somebody here is challenging my love for kids. hmmm.

I single-handedly too care of a baby girl for almost 11 months. With all the works - the nappies, the shyte, the screams, the spilled food, the constantly-have-to-look-over-your-shoulder-at-the-kid, the dirty clothes (maybe its because they are so close to the ground smiley ) and all.
And i don't regret it. I am proud of that experience. If my G/F got pregnant now by one shocked accident shocked or the other, I would want to keep it. Regardless of what she thinks.
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by IBBFan(m): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2006
@GRIDLOCK u r d correctest man i'v discovered on NL. if belle enta, she'll drop it lyk it's hot afta d normal duration.

1 luv y'all!!
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 28, 2006
This thread is ooo,
i will post my decissions later
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 28, 2006
@Gridlock

How far now
U know i missed u kiss kiss cry
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by IAH(f): 12:35am On Feb 28, 2006
I think it's the woman's decision, it's in her tummy. If she doesn't want it and you insist on keeping it, all she has to do is to abort it behind you. tongue
I remember one Nigerian film like that where the man was shouting that nothing must happen to his baby. The girl didn't want it so she aborted it and lied that she had a miscarriage. tongue tongue
Re: Unexpected Pregnancy: Whose Decision Is It? by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 28, 2006
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Your Marriage Failing? Check in!!! / Is It Wrong To Help Put Away The Dirty Dishes In The Home Of A Married Friend? / My Wife Says She Won't Cook For Me Again. Pls Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.