Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself (6125 Views)

Not Again! Federal Hight Court Of Nigeria Official Website Hacked / Scan News Nigeria Official Website Hacked / NAFDAC Official Website Hacked Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by auwal87(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2011
I cannot believe that nigeria.gov.ng is truly indeed the official website of the Nigerian government cry

What happen to all the gurus employed at federal level to stand up and correct this mess? Even from Nigeria's website, one can understand where the country is actually heading to. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by yawatide(f): 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
auwal:
Come on man! You have to agree that as bad as it is now, it was much worse during OBJ's and Yardy's time tongue

Gurus? I think we as Nigerians use this word rather lightly.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by DualCore1: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2011
Its written clearly "OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT". How is the Nigerian government Nigeria? undecided tongue
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 17, 2011
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by auwal87(m): 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
At least the state house's official site can be presentable any where (http://www.statehouse.gov.ng/)
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Charlesmud(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2011
auwal87:

At least the state house's official site can be presentable any where (http://www.statehouse.gov.ng/)

Well, looks ok compare to the other ones I saw, but I don't know why they are not giving such projects to professionals

http://www.vlada.cz/en/

http://www.regjeringen.no/en.html
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by dellnet: 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
I have a mate that graduated in I.T and went to work for FG. When asked why he wants to work for FG he said it is the free money, easy access to funds, and he can easily become a player in the corrupt system. There was no any word from him like I want develop or build something for my nation. So imagine the kind of gurus at the FG level, just out there to enrich their pockets with bogus projects.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Mobinga: 12:24am On Aug 09, 2011
Allow the site abeg.
Tsew
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by pereze: 2:12am On Aug 09, 2011
auwal87:

I cannot believe that nigeria.gov.ng is truly indeed the official website of the Nigerian government cry

What happen to all the gurus employed at federal level to stand up and correct this mess? Even from Nigeria's website, one can understand where the country is actually heading to. lipsrsealed
Are you from Congo? Who told you 'gurus' were employed at that level? Stop that unguarded allegation!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 09, 2011
EVERY Nigerian website looks like a bootleg website or one of those website you spelled wrong.

Nigerians, among other things, they are not artistic or innovative at all.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

EVERY Nigerian website looks like a bootleg website or one of those website you spelled wrong.

lol lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by werepeLeri: 4:10am On Aug 09, 2011
rubbish thread.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by chukwudi01: 5:36am On Aug 09, 2011
auwal87:

That's still atrocious compared to today's standards.  cheesy

Anybody competent with web design should contact the webmaster and offer to revamp our government website. Maybe a good bit of money could be made from doing so.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Senatorkolade: 5:36am On Aug 09, 2011
You guys should understand the system we are in. Even the Nigerian Revenue Allocation and Fiscal Commission has no official website. What do you expect in a country when a particular section of the country is fighting that they dont want western education and innovation (Boko Haram) and these people are the ones dominating every parastastal. Ehhh, backwardness galore.
I went to one northern state in 1991 and when I went back in 2005, 15 years after, I met the state the way it was in 1991. This is the reason why no government bussiness in Nigeria will work. Backwardness,
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by lyndy69: 5:59am On Aug 09, 2011
This is just UNBELIEVABLE, some of the pics where so poorly and unprofessionally edited that it looks like child's play. I bet the first webwork I did as a learner looks far better than this. I can't still believe it's the 'OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT'
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by femi4: 6:26am On Aug 09, 2011
WARNING! WARNING!! WARNING!!!

IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF YOUR ANTIVIRUS, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE DON'T VISIT THAT WEBSITE
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by 190: 6:41am On Aug 09, 2011
^I can image Hackers fit don take over that site sef

I wont be suprised if they already did undecided
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by JUO(m): 6:44am On Aug 09, 2011
maybe the site addmin is on leave
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by werepeLeri: 6:58am On Aug 09, 2011
OP.

You are an epitome of everything bad in Nigeria - so a website tells you the direction a country is going?

and what is your beef with the website? Where is the one you have built?
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by agitator: 7:19am On Aug 09, 2011
femi4:

There is a Trojan horse angry angry angry angry angry

infection: html:Popupper-C[Trj]
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by dabrake(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

so 9ja men r'nt artistic and innovative? Wad an almajiri hypothesis.
werepeLeri:

OP.

You are an epitome of everything bad in Nigeria - so a website tells you the direction a country is going?

abegi, 1st impression rily matters jooh. Dnt u knw dat foreigners wil access dat site? So bcuz he hsnt designed a site, does dat mean he shldnt condemn a poorly constructd 1? I and al ma colleagues sites wer lyk dat afta 4dys of learnin html
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by texazzpete(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2011
werepeLeri:

OP.

The contract for that website was probably awarded for no less than N2 million of our Tax money. Why will he not be pissed?
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Sike(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2011
What'd you Expect
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by dipo2much(m): 8:30am On Aug 09, 2011
femi4:

Noted grin
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by instinctg(m): 8:50am On Aug 09, 2011
built by www.inetworkscanada.com, rubbish!
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by OBEHIOYE(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2011
Mehn !!!!!! the site is virus Plagued oh, DON'T GO NEAR IT, IF YOU'RE NOT SURE OF YOUR ANTI-VIRUS,
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by llbhuds: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2011
OMG, i just opend d site now and i got a virus alert on my lappy Mehn no comment
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by Oracle(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2011
I no fit shout, people are complaining about the site, we never talk that one finish. NOW VIRUS ALERT
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by AnonyNiga: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2011
Pls sombody tell the bloody Ignoramus that designed that rubbish and the Stupid Government Official that Approved that site to pls remove it before 48hours or I will do so myself by Virus infecting that garbage until the server its on removes it by themselves.

We can't be designing work class websites for individuals and cooperate bodies both inside and out side Nigeria then have our hard work ridiculed by some ********* (cant just find the write words)  and a greedy Government official.
I dont know the official price of this site but as a professional web designer I will quote N15,000( fifteen thousand Nira) for a job like this (though Certinly I do not do such jobs).
So pls to avoid the embarrassment I will certainly course, REMOVE THAT PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

If Nigeria needs a I professionally designed site I will do it FREE for my country I will just do the design and let you guys have it you can host wherever you want and mange yourselves I am not interested.

And pls pls pls and pls again Remove that rubbish.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by muyoto: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2011
Oracle:

I no fit shout, people are complaining about the site, we never talk that one finish. NOW VIRUS ALERT

I thot it waz a joke until I tried the site myself!! That's some naaaazty shyte!!  shocked shocked

popupper-C [trj]

url=shxgl.com.cn/js/tc.js

I quickly logged off and did a complete scan of my system.

advise from avast: AVOID THE SITE.

shame on the developers!  angry angry
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by werepeLeri: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2011
I opened that website on my computer and there is no virus alert. Abi wetin dem dey yearn self.
Re: Nigeria's Official Website Is As Bad As Nigeria Itself by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2011
Otuoke! Is that Nigeria's official website? As in the sito ufficiali della Nigeria? Hahaha! And we insult people that use free joomla templates. Tell me a free joomla template doesn't trump this. And that site must have been estimated to have cost like 10 million to build and maintain, as if websites are created with blocks and cement! Then viruses, on a country's official homepage. Bah, I can build a better site about me just washing clothes. Someone tell those guys to stop insulting us! Thiscway beyond a slap on our collective faces!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes / Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.