Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

What Can I Import From USA? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can I Import From USA? (19270 Views)

* / What Can I Import From Turkey: Very Urgent / What Should I Import To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Import From USA? by OBINO2: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2011
I thank everybody in the house for your contribution to my last posting.What can i import from USA TO Nigeria.I need something i can import and sale it immediately.i am looking at turn over in the business.so i need a fast selling goods to import.your contribution is highly needed.thanks

1 Like

Re: What Can I Import From USA? by Seun(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2011
Blackberries, iPhones, Nokia phones, iPads, Laptops, HTC Phones, Playstation Portables, and Inverters.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by ajadek(m): 3:01am On Jul 17, 2011
Depend on how much u have, and your location.if u are big body, u can invest in oil $ gas.or if u know any shiping coy over there just get back to back.,ur money can be send to u b4 ur product arive to nigeria, 08034989352
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by Donbrig: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2011
Pls think of what you can produce in Nigeria. Nigeria is dying of foreign goods, soon we will all start to complain that our economy is bad. The damages imported goods are causing to our economy is as severe as the damages our corrupt politicians are causing to the economy. Go on research and find a good business that won't harm your own country. Just an advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Import From USA? by hallmark77: 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2011
Donbrig:

Pls think of what you can produce in Nigeria. Nigeria is dying of foreign goods, soon we will all start to complain that our economy is bad. The damages imported goods are causing to our economy is as severe as the damages our corrupt politicians are causing to the economy. Go on research and find a good business that won't harm your own country. Just an advice.

You are right but what do you think you can produce in Nigeria,I mean by establishing a mini-factory and how much do you need?
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by OBINO2: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2011
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTION.I APPRECIATE.I AM THINKING OF IMPORTATION OF LAPTOPS,BLACKBERRY PHONES OR FLAT SCREEN TELEVISION.WHICH I WILL BE SELLING IN BULK TO RETAILERS.BUT MY CHALLENGES ARE:
1.WHICH ONE DO I GO FOR?(LAPTOPS,BLACKBERRY PHONE OR FLAT SCREEN TV)
2.HOW DO I MARKET THE GOODS IN NIGERIA(HOW TO GET CUSTOMERS).
3.THE QUANTITY TO BUY AS A BEGINNER.
4.WHICH TYPE OF LAPTOP,BLACKBERRY OR FLAT SCREEN TV SELLS BEST IN THE MARKET.

PLEASE,YOUR ADVICE IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT TO ME.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by worry246(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2011
Many things wrong with your plan
You want to import & sell in bulk ( do you have money to pay for goods?)
You want to sell to retailers ( They probably import direct)

You want to import from USA but ( Goods are MADE in China, Korea & Taiwan)

Go away & re-think your plans!
You need to find a market that will buy goods FIRST & establish what they want.
Electronics need to be bought in Far East & you need to find contacts to buy.
REMBER Chinaman is much cleverer & corrupt than any Nija man!
They will chop your dolla if you let them!
Do you have cash money cos no one gives new trader credit!

1 Like

Re: What Can I Import From USA? by jaytime(m): 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2011
Donbrig:

Your man is still bent on importing-o. Tell him to import Garri since he is looking for fast moving goods. We Nigerians should start seeing the problems of Nigeria as the problem of all of us and try to solve them as such. Naira the last time I checked is xchanging =N=166/$1 and import dependence is one of the causes. Pls fellow Naija men, let's start thinking of what to produce/export to help our economy. It is high time we stoped consuming what we dont produce and producing what we dont consume.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by ektbear: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2011
Seun:

Blackberries, iPhones, Nokia phones, iPads, Laptops, HTC Phones, Playstation Portables, and Inverters.

Where can one dispose of these items quickly? Let's say I brought one of those to Nigeria, say 100 blackberries, should I sell them off myself individually or there a bulk buyer I can find?
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by jennifer74(f): 12:10am On Jul 18, 2011
There are hundreds of American manufacturers with limited distribution looking for an overseas market. Exporting their goods; I think is best place to start. And it require little financial investment to start.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by justnaira: 3:17am On Jul 18, 2011
A minimum of #60,000 monthly is possible, check http:///pzPId5 for more info on how.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by gbollykore: 6:37am On Jul 20, 2011
contact ever flourish shipping at www.everflourishshipping.com

1 Like

Re: What Can I Import From USA? by OBINO2: 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
Thank you everybody for your contributions.i have decided to go for laptop importation.but the issue is on how to disposed them once it gets to Nigeria.please advice me on how to market them.your advice is the only i can progress in the business.thanks and God bless you.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by rabbits207: 12:08am On Jul 23, 2011
OBINO2:

Thank you everybody for your contributions.i have decided to go for laptop importation.but the issue is on how to disposed them once it gets to Nigeria.please advice me on how to market them.your advice is the only i can progress in the business.thanks and God bless you.

Where do you intend to order the laptops from? Im into blackberry's and they are hot cake in Nigeria, Do you live in the states? If Yes, What part? We can work something and see how things goes!
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by rabbits207: 12:22am On Jul 23, 2011
@House, Please is there any way to send stuffs like gadgets from USA - Nigeria without using DHL,UPS,Fedex,USPS,TNT, Please help us!
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by globexl: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2011
Hey buddy, unless u hv a retail outlet in lagos or abuja where u are going to sell ur laptops, you are probably going to lose your money and end up frustrated. The market for laptops is very very competitive and almos all the vendors import from directly from hong Kong, Dubai , singapore and china where prices are cheaper than USA. Aslo, yahoo boys and money launderers flood the market with very cheap prices. If U dont have ur own retail store, u are guaranteed to lose. I know, because I used to Bring laptop and pcs from the USA. That era is gone. ALL roads now lead to China.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by globexl: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
for Rabbits207:

Call Impex in New Jersey. They are very reliable and cheap for shipping items from USA to nija. 732-698-9007-8
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by rabbits207: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2011
@globexl, Thanks for the info.I will call them on Monday Morning!! Where do you think its cool to buy used laptops,cellphones and some other electronics in the states?
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by globexl: 4:27am On Jul 24, 2011
@rabbits207:
Search for bulk electronic wholesalers on ebay. Or check your yellow pages for Caprice electronics Inc. They are at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. I lost their phone number. I used to buy a lot of new and used electronic items from them. There are many used electronics wholesalers at the Brooklyn Navy Yard In New York.
But like I advised the other fellow, its very hard to make a profit on items purchased in the US right now unless u hv your own retail outlet. If you hv ur cash at hand, then i suggest u take a trip to Dubai to buy New or used electronics at cheaper prices. Or if u have enough money and time, take a one or two weeks trip Shenzen, China. That is the electronics capital of the world right now. Also dont forget the issue of voltage(110v and 220v).
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Import From USA? by rabbits207: 4:54am On Jul 24, 2011
@globexl:
Thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate bro, I would like to talk to you on phone or maybe on Yahoo IM cuz i have alot of things to talk about, please paste your number or your Yahoo IM and the best time to talk to you or chat with you.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by emmaoanidu(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2011
Hi bro,
dont think of importing electronics/ computers cos most of the ones sold in Nigeria are from china and I bet you cant beat their prices. Some are even refurblished products and are sold as new. If you can move around the and are ready to do some hard work then look the way of importing Mark trucks with specification and at relatively low prices. Specification is the watchword otherwise just any mark truck will tie your money down for months unending. If you need more info reach me on sonueljordan@gmail.com

emmanuel
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by Jsteed: 11:29pm On Jul 25, 2011
I like this topic, but I want to know whether the electronics imported from China are original product or chinese copy
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by admcompub: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2011
Brother don't waste your energy by sending Electronics to Nigeria ,no mater if it is original or not. Just check if you can do something else, or you just keep your money in the Bank untill it is matured enough to do gaint business.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by OBINO2: 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
I THANK EVERYBODY FOR ALL YOUR IMMENSELY CONTRIBUTION.I PLANNED FOR REFURBISH LAPTOP FORM USA.BUT IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE.WHICH TYPE OF COMPUTER IS ADVISABLE TO BUY IN CHINA?IS IT THE FAIRLY USED ONE OR NEW ONE? I ALSO HARD THAT CHINA LAPTOPS ARE KNOWN IN NIGERIA MARKET.WITH THIS,CAN ONE STILL BE ABLE TO SELL THEM AND MAKE HIS LITTLE TOKEN?
YOUR CONTRIBUTION HAS SERIOUSLY  HELPED ME NOT TO FALL IN A PIT.PLS MORE OF IT ARE NEED. THAKS
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by OBINO2: 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
giant business like which one.lucrative one pls.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by aegimpexp: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
OBINO2, I am an established international trader in the USA. I am able to help you locate and import the products you are looking for. Email me at aegimportexport@verizon.net or call me 009-1-856-534-2733.

Best Regards,

Ed Glassman (Owner AEG Import-Export)

1 Like

Re: What Can I Import From USA? by rabbits207: 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
aegimpexp:

OBINO2, I am an established international trader in the USA. I am able to help you locate and import the products you are looking for. Email me at aegimportexport@verizon.net or call me 009-1-856-534-2733.

Best Regards,

Ed Glassman (Owner AEG Import-Export)

What are you really into? Where do you located in the states?
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by aegimpexp: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
My company imports and exports anything and everything all over the world and I am located in New Jersey in the United States.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by rabbits207: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
Are you familiar with Impex in New Jersey?
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by aegimpexp: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
Yes, I am familiar with the company, they are not located far from me.
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by rabbits207: 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
aegimpexp:

Yes, I am familiar with the company, they are not located far from me.

Well, Im thinking to give them a trial and send some stuffs with them to Nigeria but im a bit scared, Can you tell me about your service, How do you works?
Re: What Can I Import From USA? by aegimpexp: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2011
Rabbits207, if your available add me on yahoo messenger and we can chat on there. My username is aegimportexport

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply And Get Your Tin Number, Same Day Free Of Charge In Nigeria / A Medium Sized Supermarket Or A Standard Men's Salon? My Budget Is 1M / Nigeria’s Economy Could Slip Into Recession, CBN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.