Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt (3383 Views)

Middle Belt Youths, Cleric Declare Support For Jonathan’s Re-election / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by yahyus(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2011
An average Hausa man knows that those claim to be middle belters hate him more than the Yorubas & Igbos do. And now that Nigeria is heading for a divide, how prepared are the middle belters for total domination of the Hausas in the new North Nigerian Politics?
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by dempeople(m): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2011
Its ultimately possible and necessary that the middle belt could join a Southern Nigeria republic don't you think so?
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by Chintua: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2011
Good!
At least they would learn to lay off themselves and the 'bottle'. . . fight like real men and women or be eaten alive by the North.

Harambeeeee!!!

Every man for himself.
One Nigeria for Nigerians only.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by meine: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2011
I am shocked by the level of tribal sentiments and hatred that has engulfed nairaland.

Can't you guys for once do sometin positive with your lives, instead of speculating about a secession that will never happen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by edoyad(m): 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2011
http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/front-page-articles/4515-boko-haram-borno-gov-opens-up-explains-why-state-is-fertile-for-sect-says-region-is-worlds-poorest-names-sects-base-traces-crisis-to-imposition-of-minority-over-majority-opinion
Governor of  Borno State,  Alhaji Kashim  Shettima, has shed light on why the state is  conducive for activities of the Boko Haram  sect terrorizing the state and other  neighbouring ones. The governor, who traced the history of Islam, fundamentalism and economic challenges of  the state, disclosed these in a statewide  broadcast to the people of the state on  Saturday. He said the World Bank had described the  region of the world to which the state and  North-East Nigeria fall as the poorest and  most challenged parts of the world, a  development that makes the area fertile  activities of such dreaded sects. “The World Bank has described the central  region of the Savannah-Sudan, comprising of  the areas covered by the North-East Political  Zone of Nigeria, the Republic of Chad, Eastern  portion of Niger Republic, Northern Cameroons and the Dafur Region of the Republic of Sudan, as being one of the poorest regions on earth.
@OP, have you seen the article above ? What this means is that the northern part of this country will soon be like darfur or Somalia.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by mallamu: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2011
Who tell you,talk wetin you know ooo!!!
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by ektbear: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2011
dem_people:

Its ultimately possible and necessary that the middle belt could join a Southern Nigeria republic don't you think so?

That or their own country. In any case, I don't think the middle belt wants, needs, or even cares about the core north.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by EzeUche(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

That or their own country. In any case, I don't think the middle belt wants, needs, or even cares about the core north.

The people of the Middle Belt need to deal with their Pro-North leaders like David Mark. It seems like there is a divide between their political elite and average Middle Belter.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by ektbear: 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2011
David Mark doesn't really matter, he isn't the one keeping Benue or the middle belt tied to the core north. Arguably they aren't these days; OBJ and now GEJ have done a fairly good job of separating the middle belt from the core north (imo)
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by edoyad(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2011
Guys i bet you there's no divide between the aspiration of the leaders of the middlebelt and the followers. It's the same way Rotimi, Peter Obi or Tinubu will shout one Nigeria on NTA but we know how their families feel about idea.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by yarodin: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2011
Honestly speaking it is now I am finding out that Middle Belt don't like Hausas.  During my secondary school days, the only way you could tell the difference between a Middle Belt from an Hausa/Fulani was from the christian and muslim names they had.   The Middle Belt peeps after church service would go hangout with their muslim brothers.  I believe the Middle Belt peeps I am talking about were from Plateau State, the once from Benue State preferred to hangout with southerners.   So if Nigeria should split, they will have to decide how they want to go, but forming their own country is out of the question.  Forming their own country will just leave room for Fulani Herdsmen to overrun and take over their new country.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by ektbear: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2011
yarodin:

Forming their own country will just leave room for Fulani Herdsmen to overrun and take over their new country.

Why? If they form their own country, this means they get to form their own army and police force. And such forces would turn the Fulani herdsmen into suya meat.

Or you think a Fulani herder can stand up to this:

Not that they'd need that to deal with them, but you get the idea.

If Nigeria splits and Fulani herder strays into a country that is not his, he will be rounded up and deported.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by revolt(m): 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2011
the question is how will the middlebelt generate funds to buy the tank. abeg middlebelt should chill with their fulani brodas afterall hausa has given them power more than other ppl in nigeria. theyve ruled from gowon ibb each ruling 8 to 9 yrs even hausa never hold tht amount of time. one nigeria ooooo. were not breaking up.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by ektbear: 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2011
revolt:

the question is how will the middlebelt generate funds to buy the tank.  abeg middlebelt should chill with their fulani brodas afterall hausa has given them power more than other ppl in nigeria. theyve ruled from gowon ibb each ruling 8 to 9 yrs even hausa never hold tht amount of time. one nigeria ooooo. were not breaking up.

Middle Belt, if I had to guess is quite a bit richer per capita than the core north. So why won't they have money to buy tanks?

I am not from the middle belt at all, but it seems to me that a large, relatively underpopulated and very agriculturally productive place like the middle belt could be like Zimbabwe back when it was a good country. Bread basket of West Africa. If it were under competent management, at least.
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by tpia5: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2011
Can someone tell me what exactly concerns southerners with the middle belt which, for your information, is north.

Please focus on developing your own region or leaving your places to remain underdeveloped but stop putting mouth in matters which do not concern the south.

Thank you!!!
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by tpia5: 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2011
One million militant groups do not change what i said.

If una like go form three million separate guerilla movements- one for each tribe in the country- na una own wahala and life!!!!!
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by RestructureNig1: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
The core North Fulanis have killed over 200,000 middle belt people
Re: New "north Nigeria" Vs The Middle Belt by okeysoninv: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2022
And who told you that Middle belt will join you in new North country

(1) (Reply)

5 Shot Dead In Bayelsa / President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. / JTF Warns Of A Possible Boko Haram Attack In Kano During Easter Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.