Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? (6307 Views)

Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria / Bridging The Gap In The Nigerian Fashion Industry / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by 11qiheke: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2011
[HI there my name is Queeneth Johnson and am 19 years old andĀ  am half Nigerian and Barbadian, i live in the united kingdom, am a student at east London university, its my second year now, i study business administrating, i have been studying business ever since secondary school and i feel like am good at it now,

which brings me to my question, cause i have been to Nigeria a lot of times, and its a really amazing country with load of gaps in the market, especially for beauty products i might be wrong, but Nigeria doesn't have its own brand when it comes to beauty products, they feed off other brands like Revlon Mary Kay and sleek, and in my own opinion i don't think these are good brand because of the kind of products they sell, they only sell products that mainly appeals to the white market not black necessarily, they recently started selling products for the black skin,

and they products its self isn't actually a lot when it comes to skin colors because i think they made only 3-4 shades for black people. and the colors aren't diverse, they have colors mainly for light skins and theĀ  darkest skin, they don't have diverse colors, there are different shades of black. light, reddish brown, brown, mid brown close to dark and dark brown. the the lightest color for black people in Revlon is caramel and if you look at the color it looks a bit dark, this also applies to Mary Kay and sleek, sleek is actually worse because they only have reddish orange colors, so in my own opinion they don't have diverse colors that appeals to black people,

so that is where i come in, i am a really motivated person who wants to achieve something big in life, and here is the thing i want to make beauty products for my people i want it to be our brand because i feel like i concentrate in colors that we have, i would make this brand mainly for black people and partly white people, i want to bring products to your market.

i and my 5 friends have the right amount of money for this, we are not only going to bring just cosmetics, we will also bring skin care products that would make us feel good and proud, not all those bleaching creams out there, so what do you people think about this brand, we are going to bring the best nothing but the best for people. our USP(unique selling point) is the fact that our cosmetics will have a bit of perfume oil in it, to make it smell good and also make it different from other cosmetics out there, i don't think that other cosmetics have perfume if you smell that they smell horrible, so that is our USP.

we will also have good products for our boys and men. rather than other brands that don't really have products applicable to men, they only concentrate on the women, which is unfair.
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by dominique(f): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2011
nice observation though i cant really corroborate cos i'm not into cosmetics and brands. goodluck on your endeavours tho smiley.

thread moved
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by Jenonye(f): 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2011
Hi,its a great idea, one thing u shld knw is that nigerian girls go for anything as far as It makes them pretty, u just need to advertize the product.u can inbox me on okolijennifer@yahoo.com, I'm into these stuff
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by TheBBF(f): 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
My Dear, you are soo right. the gap in the market is huge. I'm a huge beauty product junkie especially when it comes to hair, the lack of products is sad and frustrating. I blog about this sometimes, io I think its a very good idea to try and fill that gap. I don't think its fair that we have to travel out of the country to get good quality products.
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by blugirl: 12:09am On Jul 27, 2011
I really do admire your determination and i personally await your products.I have great interest in the cosmetics business line and i am considering it in the very near future.I am willing to help out be it marketing,sales or distribution. Here is a clue- target your markets to the youths as they are more willing to try out new products.Wishing you all the best in your endeavour. wink
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by esbicroft(m): 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2011
wow that is great,i am a model and i like what will make my skin look good,i will help you.but first of all for you to bring the product in nigeria it must be registered , i wont diclose all the neccessary details here cus of one thing or the other you can catch me up on my cell number 234 813534441,or my email esbicroft@hotmail.com you are free to contact me any tym you are ready ,
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by Vigilante: 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2011
With 70million plus female Nigerians, you are in business.
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by rafmike(m): 12:12am On Aug 03, 2011
Vigilante:

With 70million plus female Nigerians, you are in business.
70million indeed cos she be queen elizabeth,
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by moswitch: 6:40am On Aug 03, 2011
Hello you have a good idea amd point there.well am into the business presently and am a representative of COGECAF France here in Nigeria but if its possible for me to get our own made in Nigeria product i don't mind because it really cost alot getting those product from france if you are really serious about this then am definetely interested you can email me on my inbox mo.kid007@yahoo.com lets discuss more. Nice idea you have i must commend you for that.
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 03, 2011
You can make it big if you want to get into the cosmetics business.
See this link for more information and advice: http://smallbusiness.com.ng/invest-cosmetics-production-nigeria
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by xtremetee: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2011
lets talk business xtremetee@yahoo.com
Re: Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? by toria77: 1:02am On Aug 04, 2011
hi, this is quite intresting. who is go to be makin the cosmetics for the black community?. cause u told us are still in school studing
Bussiness admin. Not cosmetology or dematology.?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" / 5 Tips On How To Protect Your Natural Hair This Harmattan Season / Best Short Lace Gown Styles 2022 | 60 Amazing Lace Short Gowns For Any Owambe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.