Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. (157478 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
Thanks bro, i will call him today after i am through from site,
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
@vitodorado, nice work u're doing here. I'm another prospective landlord in Benin, will be glad to learn along with u guys. I have a few questions though,

1) Is there any reason for using 6'' hollow blocks rather than d common 5'' solid block around here for a bungalow?

2) Y do u have so much pillars for a bungalow, are there loads other than the roofing the structure'll be carrying?

Thanks bro.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 11:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ogogo23,
I will take on ur first query and I stand to be corrected by our experience fellows on this thread , you can use 6" hollow block for a bungalow, but if you need to have an over head tank attached. That area needs to be fortified, because of the load. Note there won't be much load on the bungalow.
As per ur second Query I will leave that for the gurus to answer!
Please o my bros I stand to be corrected I m here to also learn
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jumi07601: 2:42am On Sep 08, 2011
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea how much it is to get a C of O for 4 plots of land in Ugbor Village aka GRA extension/GRA II? Also, any cost estimates to build a fence for same lot would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 4:34am On Sep 08, 2011
@jumi06701, I think vitodorado could have information on C of O, since his project is in that axis !
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Sagewood: 6:28am On Sep 08, 2011
vitodorado:

The floor plan

@ Vitodorado,

Good job! I like the design of your house and wish you well in completing the house soon.
I have one suggestion for you: if possible change the size of the master BR and make it larger, and convert the
madam BR to a regular BR. In this day and age, there is no need for madam BR, just one very large master BR for oga and wiffy.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by maoyinlola: 7:44am On Sep 08, 2011
[size=8pt][/size]
Nice one, I am interested in this tread, hoping to learn for a similar project in Ibadan. The expertise of the Spyders, Brabus and all other experts will be appreciated,
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:05am On Sep 08, 2011
@ Jumi07601. To process a C of O for a 100x100ft plot in the G.R.A area will involve the followings and cost implications;

1. Survey Plan - 4 copies
2. Title document i.e agreement - 1 copy
3. Building Plan - 1 copy
4 3 passport photographs
5. Application fee - 5, 000
6. Advert Fee - 12,000
7. Town Planning inspection - 40,000
8. Assessment Fee - 350,000
9. 9% of the cost of land
10. Stamp duty - 30,000
11. Tax clearance certificate.

Please note that you need to submit only the photocopies of items 1 -3. Also, there is a 100k facilitation charge which i did not include. This is so because this cost is only for the person facilitating it as an 'egunje' for him. I hope this helps you.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 11:35am On Sep 08, 2011
@ogogo24. To answer your second question, the building is having so much pillars for the simple fact of the parafett design that will be added to it before the roofing. The parafett is like an added load to the structure and this has necessitated the need to reinforce the building appropriately.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jumi07601: 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ Ogbefi_007, thank you for the response!

@ vitodorado, thank you for the timely response! Just for addt'l clarification, in my case, I have 4 plots of land so does that mean that I have to pay the fees you outlined below for each plot to get a C of O that covers all 4 plots?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2011
@jumi. Yes, because the costing is for a plot (100x100ft) only. So this means you have to multiply it by 4 plots.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jumi07601: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ vitodorado, thanks for the clarification; much appreciated!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Trustworth(m): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2011
@vitodorado, Nice thread u have here. Wish u the financial muscle to finish this project to plan.
Do you mind if i also contact your surveyor to survey my plot as well. i have a 100X100 in Ugbor Village as well?

Will always sign in to learn, possibly visit ur site?

Happy building!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
Yeah please feel free. The surveyors number is above and he can be reached anytime of the day.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
vitodorado:

@ogogo24. To answer your second question, the building is having so much pillars for the simple fact of the parafett design that will be added to it before the roofing. The parafett is like an added load to the structure and this has necessitated the need to reinforce the building appropriately.

Spot on brother, carry go!

Coincidentally, Mr George surveyed my plot too. A piece of advice to those who'll be surveying their plots soon, try and be on site while it is being done, very very important.

Cheers.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
vitodorado:

@ Jumi07601. To process a C of O for a 100x100ft plot in the G.R.A area will involve the followings and cost implications;

1. Survey Plan - 4 copies
2. Title document i.e agreement  - 1 copy
3. Building Plan - 1 copy
4  3 passport photographs
5. Application fee  - 5, 000
6. Advert Fee  - 12,000
7. Town Planning inspection - 40,000
8. Assessment Fee  - 350,000
9. 9% of the cost of land
10. Stamp duty  - 30,000
11. Tax clearance certificate.

Please note that you need to submit only the photocopies of items 1 -3. Also, there is a 100k facilitation charge which i did not include. This is so because this cost is only for the person facilitating it as an 'egunje' for him.  I hope this helps you.

Please how much does processing of Governor's Consent cost in Edo state?

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 8:51am On Sep 10, 2011
@All, Assessment Fee of N 350,000 , looks pretty high for me, is this related to location, could this be linked to UGBOR area being a GRA extention? will this price be same for areas like EYEN, Aduwawa axis?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Jussi(m): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2011
I salute you Oga Vitodorado, welldone. How's your project coming on?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2011
Hi All, Sorry for the sudden break off this thread. I've been actually busy with my official duties as i was away attending a professional training programme. However, my honorable builder has been doing justice to the project and will post some pics in my next post.

The foundation has been concluded and the next step now is to embark on the filling.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
Congratulations on the construction of your home . . .
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
New pics

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
Keep them coming
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
more

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2011
another view

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
I also took a pic of a development on the same street with me which is about 10 meters away. Lovely i would say

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
The gate house

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
more

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2011
The filling will commence and hopefully end in the next 3 days, even though one of the rooms was almost filled from a new well i later decided to dig again after stopping initially. But my builder is advising we pay 180k to some boys who work as masons in the community to go round and get us some filling sand as he estimated that we'd need up to 30 trips to conveniently fill up the whole place and we can save cost if we adopt the plan B . Guys what do you all think?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
The well

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2011
That roofing is so neat . . . nice job
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by atasteve: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ogbefi_007:

@All, Assessment Fee of N 350,000 , looks pretty high for me, is this related to location, could this be linked to UGBOR area being a GRA extention? will this price be same for areas like EYEN, Aduwawa axis?

Lord Vitodorado, I was also thinking the same thing as per the high price. Is it like that for all area?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
atasteve:

Lord Vitodorado, I was also thinking the same thing as per the high price. Is it like that for all area?

For most of what i have seen, it ranges from 250K Naira to 350K Naira . . . which i think is ridiculous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.