Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Iceland Univerity - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iceland Univerity (12096 Views)

Iceland Visa And Other Inquires.... / Nigerians In Iceland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iceland Univerity by pharrell22(m): 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
grin
Re: Iceland Univerity by zhukafa(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ pharrell, what do you intend to study. Mine is information technology. Am already running the DNIIT progrom at NIIT. I pray i would make it down to iceland and have my dreams come true.
Re: Iceland Univerity by pharrell22(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2011
gt
Re: Iceland Univerity by zhukafa(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2011
Woh, what a coincidence. Iceland students would be happy to welcome us. I wanted to study at middlesex university, mauritius branch. Do you know of mauritius? Woh, what a coincidence. Iceland students would be happy to welcome us. I wanted to study at middlesex university, mauritius branch. Do you know of mauritius?
Re: Iceland Univerity by pharrell22(m): 7:51am On Aug 08, 2011
grin
Re: Iceland Univerity by eucharia64: 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
hi!!! am new here. i was attracted by dis post Iceland university. i want to know is they offer post graduate program or m.SC info tech.
Re: Iceland Univerity by zhukafa(m): 7:48am On Aug 09, 2011
Eucharia,You are highly welcomed on board. there are schools in iceland that offers your proposed course (M.SC IT). Just that there application is not yet out now, the schools are on holiday. I and pharrell is also wetin for the schools to resume. Take care.
Re: Iceland Univerity by eucharia64: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2011
Thanks huh. please update me when ever,
Re: Iceland Univerity by pharrell22(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2011
grin
Re: Iceland Univerity by collinsfbi(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
Take it easy man and exercise some courtesy too. Drop whatever you know about the subject of matter, it will go a long way and stop acting like the moderator. Ok!

The last i checked (last year), their processing was handled by UK embassy only if i'm getting it wrong. Also, mailing is linked from Nigeria (NIPOST) to Iceland via UK (royal mail). Royal mail send it to icelandic post but not direct. Quote me wrong Mr. Mod
Mr “too know” what is wrong about correcting you or asking you not to give wrong info to pple? In the first place, you failed to get the Iceland visa you claimed to apply for throuhg Iceland Embassy in UK because you lack adequate info. Secondly, why must you apply to Iceland embassy in UK when we have Royal Norwegian Embassy in Nigeria who handles Iceland Visas? You better shut yah mouth and stop giving pple wrong advice here. If you need 80% info concerning Iceland, i won't give it a doubt to give it you in a tinkle of an eye. You can read for yourself here,

http://www.emb-norway.com.ng/Embassy/Visa-information/1General-information-on-Schengen-visa-to-Norway-at-the-Embassy-of-Norway-in-Abuja/

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Iceland Univerity by imperiouxx(m): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
collinsfbi:

Mr “too know” what is wrong about correcting you or asking you not to give wrong info to pple? In the first place, you failed to get the Iceland visa you claimed to apply for throuhg Iceland Embassy in UK because you lack adequate info. Secondly, why must you apply to Iceland embassy in UK when we have Royal Norwegian Embassy in Nigeria who handles Iceland Visas? You better shut yah mouth and stop giving pple wrong advice here. If you need 80% info concerning Iceland, i won't give it a doubt to give it you in a tinkle of an eye. You can read for yourself here,

http://www.emb-norway.com.ng/Embassy/Visa-information/1General-information-on-Schengen-visa-to-Norway-at-the-Embassy-of-Norway-in-Abuja/

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmm over and out

mehn, nothing is wrong in constructive criticism but you lack courtesy. I can see where you are getting me wrong Mr. Mod Flapapa  - P.A to Dis Guy. I have been waiting this while for you to come and open your trash once more.

For your info, I did not say it anyway here that I applied to their embassy but to an university. So wipe that your face very well and check my previous post. I said ''last I checked. . . . .only if i'm getting it wrong''. So whats your point of saying stop given people wrong info here? Who are you showing off to with your f*****g link? Not me sa because I got no time for all that. . . . common!

Don't bother replying because I got no time for your dunce talk and I'm not ready to sabotage the thread.

Prospective Iceland students, enjoy your thread jor! People like Mr. Mod Flapapa will be coming from time to time without dropping anything unless you tease them. I teased him and he proudly dropped the link he google, saying in a tinkle of an eye as if he was the one that wrote the page. Shiiiiior!

1 Like

Re: Iceland Univerity by pharrell22(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2011
grin
Re: Iceland Univerity by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2011
@pharrell,

I dey surprised too ooo. The funny guy just said ''in a tinkle of an eye'' as if he dey do magic. Courtesy is virtue but not everyone has it. Nothing is bad in polite correction.

@Mr. Mod,

Check this out. That's what I meant by saying ''Last I checked. . . . .only if I'm getting it wrong(as in if it has changed or the info is no more valid)'' I didn't conjured my own ooo, I got it through google last year.

www.iceland.visahq.com/embassy/Nigeria/

So, what's your point dude? Shiiiior!
Re: Iceland Univerity by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
I dey laugh,
Re: Iceland Univerity by collinsfbi(m): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2011
mehn, nothing is wrong in constructive criticism but you lack courtesy. I can see where you are getting me wrong Mr. Mod Flapapa  - P.A to Dis Guy. I have been waiting this while for you to come and open your trash once more.

For your info, I did not say it anyway here that I applied to their embassy but to an university. So wipe that your face very well and check my previous post. I said ''last I checked. . . . .only if i'm getting it wrong''. So whats your point of saying stop given people wrong info here? Who are you showing off to with your f*****g link? Not me sa because I got no time for all that. . . . common!

Don't bother replying because I got no time for your dunce talk and I'm not ready to sabotage the thread.

Prospective Iceland students, enjoy your thread jor! People like Mr. Mod Flapapa will be coming from time to time without dropping anything unless you tease them. I teased him and he proudly dropped the link he google, saying in a tinkle of an eye as if he was the one that wrote the page. Shiiiiior!

@Mr. Mod,

Check this out. That's what I meant by saying ''Last I checked. . . . .only if I'm getting it wrong(as in if it has changed or the info is no more valid)'' I didn't conjured my own ooo, I got it through google last year.

www.iceland.visahq.com/embassy/Nigeria/

So, what's your point dude? Shiiiior!

Look whatever you like you can say and whatever you like you can call me i don't care. NL is a public forum so I don't expect everybody to behave the same way because there will always be pple like you. For your information, there are things I don't like doing here which include; fighting pple with words, calling pple names without proper and appropriate justification, arguing with some unreasonable and disgruntled fellows, giving unnecessary or wrong comments, discouraging passionate Nigerian with dreams and finally i don't like having issue with pple without reconciliation.

I have been following this thread from the day one but most of the time i don't feel like commenting because i don't see its necessity. For your information, I can name pple here on NL including my very self who applied to University of Iceland last year for respect programmes, most of those who i know that applied for undergraduate degree were all denied with one unreasonable reason or the other. Up till this very moment my online masters application status still reads "In Process" and application results has been sent out to pple since MAY. I called and mailed but all i got from UI was that I should contact my department to process my application in time and up till today, all to no avail.  In short when i said i can give you info about Iceland in a tinkle of an eye, am sure i know what am saying.

@all who want to apply for 2012 session, I am not try to discourage you pple but i think Iceland institutions don't really accept Nigerians so much. The denial giving to Nigeria wasn’t based on the fact that they don't meet their requirements but they just look out for a way to deny Nigerians from the viewing of things. At the same time don't be discouraged because yours maybe a diff story of success. Go ahead and apply, send all their required docs, pray and am sure you will testify to the glory of God. For those who care to get 2011 pdf copy of "Guide to Int'l student"and "How to apply for study permit" of University of Iceland, you can drop your emails i will forward copies to you. I would have loved to upload here but it's bigger in size than NL uploading limit. No qualms1

Gbammmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Iceland Univerity by imperiouxx(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
@collinsfbi,

It's ok mehn. I hate being rude to people but what really aggravate my annoyance was your first statement that:

collinsfbi:

Stop giving wrong info or what you are not sure of to pple here.

I detest it so much when people say i'm lying while I'm not. I got that link since last year when I was hoping to hear from UI. In June, I got their message after writing their internl. Officer who attached a rejection letter to me. In the letter, I was told that based on their small class size, they couldn't admit me despite the fact that I applied for a master program.

I don't say what I don't know but I still want to know who handles their visa processing.sage after writing their internl. Officer who attached a rejection letter to me. In the letter, I was told that based on their small class size, they couldn't admit me despite the fact that I applied for a master program.

I don't say what I don't know but I still want to know who handles their visa processing.
Re: Iceland Univerity by collinsfbi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2011
I detest it so much when people say i'm lying while I'm not. I got that link since last year when I was hoping to hear from UI. In June, I got their message after writing their internl. Officer who attached a rejection letter to me. In the letter, I was told that based on their small class size, they couldn't admit me despite the fact that I applied for a master program.

I don't say what I don't know but I still want to know who handles their visa processing.sage after writing their internl. Officer who attached a rejection letter to me. In the letter, I was told that based on their small class size, they couldn't admit me despite the fact that I applied for a master program.

I don't say what I don't know but I still want to know who handles their visa processing.
Okkkkkayyyyy, i think most pple get similar denial but as for me up till today my online status remain d same "In Process" even if they eventually admit me, am no longer interested and i can re-apply again because i hv got an offer somewhere already. Nevertheless, i think i got some info to share with pple who maybe interested in UI. As for Iceland Visas, 100% sure Norwagian Embassy in Abuja handles that.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmm over and out.
Re: Iceland Univerity by tolyem(m): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Collinsfbi

Thanks alot for your good intentions, i will love to have the Int'l application guideline you mentioned. But, I must say that its looks difficult getting their admission with the fews from NL fellows here.

I will try my chances anyway.
Re: Iceland Univerity by tolyem(m): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Collinsfbi

My mail is tol_yemi@yahoo.com
Re: Iceland Univerity by imperiouxx(m): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
collinsfbi:

Okkkkkayyyyy, i think most pple get similar denial but as for me up till today my online status remain d same "In Process" even if they eventually admit me, am no longer interested and i can re-apply again because i hv got an offer somewhere already. Nevertheless, i think i got some info to share with pple who maybe interested in UI. As for Iceland Visas, 100% sure Norwagian Embassy in Abuja handles that.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmm over and out.

Ok friend.
Re: Iceland Univerity by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2011
Actually, I've been following this thread with keen interest from the first day it was created and I found the replies amusing and interesting,characterized with arguements and the likes.I am not here to discourage anybody aspiring to apply in future,my past and personal experience about The University of Iceland goes thus: In 2009, was already in part one in a University here in Nigeria,I applied to study Electrical $ Electronics Engineering.I sent all the required documents but was denied admission because I was not proficient in Icelandic. In 2010,I applied to study Icelandic (as a second language,knowledge of Icelandic is not a requirement) so that I could gain the required proficieny in Icelandic before proceeding to study my desired course.I believed I took the right decision.I sent all the required documents,including my JAMB admission letter and a recommendation letter issued by my HOD. I was denied admission again and none of my avalanche of e mails was replied.I was frustrated and made a call across only to be told that they had too many applications and can't be considered for admission. My other friends too were not admitted! This shouldn't deter you as you might be lucky,perhaps they would have a change of heart and stop denying us the admission we truly and meritly deserve .Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: Iceland Univerity by zhukafa(m): 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2011
olaabiodun,
hi, good morning, i was reading your write up. A m sorry that you passed all these, please for my own advice, i would suggest you go for the private university in Iceland. the university of Iceland has so many students that normally apply to study there. All the same, good luck and i pray that this year would be good for you.

1 Like

Re: Iceland Univerity by iz2much: 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2011
wil like to put a face to the name collinfbi
Re: Iceland Univerity by JagaJaga1: 12:47am On Oct 12, 2011
The Norwegian embassy handles visa applications to Iceland. Just want to let y'all know that the Norwegian embassy doesn't give visas to undergraduate applicants admitted to Norwegian universities - I don't know about undergraduates admitted to schools in iceland.
Re: Iceland Univerity by collinsfbi(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2011
wil like to put a face to the name collinfbi

why?
Re: Iceland Univerity by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
Hello NL. Have been following dis thread for quiet a while and now decided to share my experience due to Collinsfb interference/contributions because we both applied last year to same school,but different course. I applied for Icelandic as a Second Language for Foreign Students in other to avoid competitive courses and also hoping to get admitted,because d Icelandic as a Second Language course is meant for Foreign students with Little or No prior knowledge of Icelandic Language and i sent all required documents including Transcripts from last Institution attended,despite all my effort i was still denied with reason stating ''you do not qualify for admission''. As far as am concerned Iceland is a waste of time,when it comes to Students Admission because of their few Universities and thousands of Foreign students that applied annually and dont think Nigerian can be considered for a place. However things might have change now,cuz change is Constant. For those that are preparing to apply,i wish you very best of luck, Thanks
Re: Iceland Univerity by ProfJYK(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

The Norwegian embassy handles visa applications to Iceland. Just want to let y'all know that the Norwegian embassy doesn't give visas to undergraduate applicants admitted to Norwegian universities - I don't know about undergraduates admitted to schools in iceland.

shakur01:

Hello NL. Have been following dis thread for quiet a while and now decided to share my experience due to Collinsfb interference/contributions because we both applied last year to same school,but different course. I applied for Icelandic as a Second Language for Foreign Students in other to avoid competitive courses and also hoping to get admitted,because d Icelandic as a Second Language course is meant for Foreign students with Little or No prior knowledge of Icelandic Language and i sent all required documents including Transcripts from last Institution attended,despite all my effort i was still denied with reason stating ''you do not qualify for admission''. As far as am concerned Iceland is a waste of time,when it comes to Students Admission because of their few Universities and thousands of Foreign students that applied annually and dont think Nigerian can be considered for a place. However things might have change now,cuz change is Constant. For those that are preparing to apply,i wish you very best of luck, Thanks

Guys Please shed more light on the Visa and admission rejection so Good Peeps like us who have been waiting for admission season to start applying should please read these posts before committing time and resources into places that will amount to nothing.
Re: Iceland Univerity by imperiouxx(m): 7:43am On Oct 13, 2011
Check page 1 & 2 of this thread very well, thats enough for you to know their schools rejection rate not even the embassy. Their schools reject people. Thats all.

1 Like

Re: Iceland Univerity by safer23(m): 2:24am On Oct 15, 2011
ade_ade_01@yahoo.com, Please I will really be expecting the pdf file to sort out things before the registration opens.
Re: Iceland Univerity by lincoln123: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2011
I think all posters are making significant contributions. Am all interested in studying at one of the Iceland University but I don't knw if I can enroll for Top_Up programme to Degree, I hold Higher Diploma in Software Engineering from Aptech.
Pls advise. my email lekky4u2004@yahoo.com
Re: Iceland Univerity by moveup: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
@ pharrell22,

What is the latest Update about the Iceland University? Are they sending out Admission letters now?

Waiting to read more on this thread
Re: Iceland Univerity by imperiouxx(m): 2:15am On Jan 20, 2012
moveup:

@ pharrell22,

What is the latest Update about the Iceland University? Are they sending out Admission letters now?

Waiting to read more on this thread

in your wildest dreams  grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! Travel To Estonia Or Lithuania For Masters. / Nigerians Abroad Must Return Home / When Will The Zenith Light Come On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.